PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

scott51
11-10-2006, 08:49 AM
I know that everyone is talking and asking how badly we are going to get beaten? Well, what if we actually win? I know its a long shot, but we have not done horrible against qb's like Tom Brady, and Brett Favre. Granted we lost to the Pats but Tom still didn't have the big game everyone thought against the Bills. Then we all can still remember what we did against Brett Favre last week. These are two HOF fame quarterbacks that we haven't done too bad against. Now we are going against a 3rd in Peyton Manning. Maybe this defense will be able to keep up the intensity and control the Colts. So, now the big question, can JP and the offense step up? I think the answer is yes. There are enough threads with tons of stats so I won't bore people with that. I am basing this on being a Bills fan and hoping that they will step up! Not saying its a guarantee win for the Bills, I know and realize the Bills are probably going to get killed Sunday. I just think if you think about Buffalo Bills history, we usually pull out a win when EVERYONE expects a big loss!

:gobills:

Kerr
11-10-2006, 08:52 AM
After watching miami beat chicago, anything is possible.

TacklingDummy
11-10-2006, 08:54 AM
I think the Bills are going to trick the Colts. Instead of running the ball up and down the field on the Colts like most teams have done this year. JP is going to drop back 40+ times and air it out.

mybills
Peyton has been paying attention to our defense. Even HE knows it's not a given for the Colts to win.

OpIv37
Well, first of all, Favre is washed up. If the Bills beat him that bad 4 years ago, it would have been a major accomplishment. But age has caught up with him and he also has garbage around him. It's not that big of an accomplisment.

Second, against Brady- we got pressure on him in both games and he still managed to beat us twice- and the second one was a complete ass-kicking. So I don't see this success against the future HOF QB's that you do.

Losses ALWAYS suck, but this is one of those games that we're supposed to lose, especially in a rebuilding year. That's not an excuse for the team to give up- they should go out there, play hard and hope for the best. But as fans we shouldn't expect a win- we should just expect a strong effort where we don't kill ourselves with ridiculous mistakes. Losses are always hard to stomach, but a loss to the Colts in their house is much easier to stomach than losing to the Jets at home or to Detroit.

OpIv37
11-10-2006, 08:55 AM
I think the Bills are going to trick the Colts. Instead of running the ball up and down the field on the Colts like most teams have done this year. JP is going to drop back 40+ times and air it out.

he's going to have to when we're behind 21-0 in the first quarter.

The last buffalo fan
11-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

he's going to have to when we're behind 21-0 in the first quarter.

Not a bad thing, not at all.

I think this is a game, that we can try any kind of strategy, tricks or plays. We are the losing team anyway, and this game will be a fun game to watch. A pretty good game for our Offense to show up, and they will. Trust me.

THATHURMANATOR
11-10-2006, 11:47 AM
We will be destroyed.

justasportsfan
11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Well, first of all, Favre is washed up. If the Bills beat him that bad 4 years ago, it would have been a major accomplishment. But age has caught up with him and he also has garbage around him. It's not that big of an accomplisment.

Losses are always hard to stomach, but a loss to the Colts in their house is much easier to stomach than losing to the Jets at home or to Detroit.

Mayb he's washed up maybe he isn't.Favre and the Packers beat Detroit who beat us. Is there anyway you can take a win without trying to degrade it? Instead of saying our D stepped up bigtime and showed a lot of heart at the very end, you take away from them by saying "it's not that big of an accomplishment"

BTW, we beat the fins who beat the bears who beat the bills , anychance Grossman is washed up and his supporting cast? Was miami's win not that big of an accomplishment?

RockStar36
11-10-2006, 12:33 PM
It's unlikely the Bills will win but....any given Sunday.

gr8slayer
11-10-2006, 12:46 PM
If we can hold Freeney and Mathis down we should have a chance.

The last buffalo fan
11-10-2006, 12:49 PM
If we can hold Freeney and Mathis down we should have a chance.

We will. :cheers:

patmoran2006
11-10-2006, 01:10 PM

IF Losman throws 40+ times, the Bills will lose by five touchdowns or more.

madness
11-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Odds say we can't possible win until Thurm posts a thread saying so.

OpIv37
11-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Mayb he's washed up maybe he isn't.Favre and the Packers beat Detroit who beat us. Is there anyway you can take a win without trying to degrade it? Instead of saying our D stepped up bigtime and showed a lot of heart at the very end, you take away from them by saying "it's not that big of an accomplishment"

BTW, we beat the fins who beat the bears who beat the bills , anychance Grossman is washed up and his supporting cast? Was miami's win not that big of an accomplishment?

I don't know how you can compare us beating 3-5 Green Bay to Miami's knocking off a previously undefeated Bears team who completely dominated 5 of 7 previous opponents.

the guy who started this thread was trying to say that it was a major accomplishment for us to beat Favre. A win is a win but let's not try to make it into more than what it is- we beat a struggling team with an ancient QB at home. That's NOT the same as going into Indy and being able to keep Manning in check, like the first post in this thread suggests. Yes, the D deserves credit for the big plays they made last week, but that's hardly proof that they can go into Indy and hang with the Colts. If you can't see the difference between the Packers' offense and the Colts' offense, I can't help you.

And once again, you're responding to your preconceived notion of me instead of the actual content of my post.

Meathead
11-10-2006, 04:17 PM
you never know, any given sunday and all, but most of those sundays would be a crushing

OpIv37
11-10-2006, 04:33 PM
IF Losman throws 40+ times, the Bills will lose by five touchdowns or more.

maybe, but your logic is backwards.

The only way JP throws 40 times is if our D gets owned and we have to play from behind for the entire game. Losing by 5 touchdowns will be the cause, throwing 40 times will be the effect.

scott51
11-11-2006, 06:15 AM

Second, against Brady- we got pressure on him in both games and he still managed to beat us twice- and the second one was a complete ass-kicking. So I don't see this success against the future HOF QB's that you do.

Losses ALWAYS suck, but this is one of those games that we're supposed to lose, especially in a rebuilding year. That's not an excuse for the team to give up- they should go out there, play hard and hope for the best. But as fans we shouldn't expect a win- we should just expect a strong effort where we don't kill ourselves with ridiculous mistakes. Losses are always hard to stomach, but a loss to the Colts in their house is much easier to stomach than losing to the Jets at home or to Detroit.

Where exactly in my original post did I say I expeced a win? I believe I actually said I knew we would probably get killed! Sorry but as a Bills fan I am always going to hold on to the sliver of hope that we will win each Sunday.

Frankly, IMO, when you beat a HOF qb like Brett far, you better believe its an accomplishment. Your right, he's not what he was 4 years ago. BIG DEAL!! Why in th hell is it so hard for some people to just give the Bills some credit? After we WON on Sunday, when I got home and checked the boards here you would have thought they LOST!

mybills
11-11-2006, 06:21 AM
Why in th hell is it so hard for some people to just give the Bills some credit? After we WON on Sunday, when I got home and checked the boards here you would have thought they LOST!
:10:

scott51
11-11-2006, 06:26 AM
:10:

Thank you! Believe me I am not saying we are going to beat the Colts! I realize that Sunday is going to be a very big obstacle for this young team. I just refuse to sit down after every game and pick out the things we did wrong!

mybills
11-11-2006, 06:39 AM
You should donate to the site, Scott..we make fun of those things in the no-tos. :snicker:

RedEyE
11-11-2006, 06:44 AM
Indy's OL is going to domintate Buffalo's DL. Peyton will have yet another 300 yard day.

The Bills couldn't stop Roy Williams of the ****ing Detroit Lions. How in the hell are they going to put the breaks on Marvin Harrison who is a zone hole finding king?

Not to mention that Indy uses the same defense Buffalo can't seem to master, and Dungy is nearly it's creator.

Nope, it will be a one long ass day for the Buffalo Bills I'm afraid.

Like OP said, "we are suppose to lose this game..especially in a rebuilding year". I'd like to add, we are suppose to be dominated in this game. If Indy struggles against the Bills it's because they are simply not executing properly. It's been eon's since I've seen Manning have a bad day. It's been 2 weeks since Losman's.

Typ0
11-11-2006, 07:56 AM
We have a chance to win in spite of JP Lossman.

OpIv37
11-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Where exactly in my original post did I say I expeced a win? I believe I actually said I knew we would probably get killed! Sorry but as a Bills fan I am always going to hold on to the sliver of hope that we will win each Sunday.

Frankly, IMO, when you beat a HOF qb like Brett far, you better believe its an accomplishment. Your right, he's not what he was 4 years ago. BIG DEAL!! Why in th hell is it so hard for some people to just give the Bills some credit? After we WON on Sunday, when I got home and checked the boards here you would have thought they LOST!

Ok, I don't even know where to start with this one-

First,right now, beating Brett Favre is not a big accomplishment- hell, 5 other teams did it in 8 games. You're simply wrong- beating Favre at this stage of his career is no huge deal, especially considering the state of the team around him.

Second, the Bills made a ton of mistakes on both O and D in that game- they made up for it on big plays, many of which are a result of Packer mistakes (Lee Evans being so wide open, the C bouncing the football off Favre's helmet for a fumble, etc). The Bills relied on the big play to win, and we won't get those big play opportunities against teams like the Colts.

Third, this season is supposed to be about improvement because it's a rebuilding year. We showed little if any improvement in the GB game. The offense continued to be anemic, the D gave up 140 yards on the ground and couldn't get off the field- the only real improvement in that game was the fact that the Bills didn't make stupid mistakes to lose when they were ina position to win.

Once the immediate euphoria of the win dies down, it should be pretty obvious that this team still looks like **** and has a long way to go. If you couldn't see that last week because we won, you'll definitely see it tomorrow against the Colts.

zone
11-11-2006, 02:06 PM
If we have any chance of pulling of the upset we need to bring the heat on every down. If we give Payton time he is going to pick us apart. On the other side of the ball we have to feed A-Train the rock and open up the play action to Evens. This game has all the potential for an upset the Colts probably think they are going to walk all over us, and they might, but if they don’t this could be a season changing game.

madness
11-11-2006, 08:33 PM
You should donate to the site, Scott..we make fun of those things in the no-tos. :snicker:

:hi5: