PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what happened to...

OpIv37
11-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Tony Boselli?

I remember in 1996, the Jaguars beat the Bills in a playoff game, in large part because Boselli kept Bruce Smith in check for most of the game. I distinctly remember the announcers talking about how Boselli is the "next big thing" and would dominate the league.

A decade later, that's the last I remember hearing of Boselli and Bruce Smith is virtually guaranteed a spot in Canton.

The_Philster
11-10-2006, 04:24 PM
He went to the Texans in 2001...hoping to resurrect his career after injury problems screwed him up in Jax...never made it

DynaPaul
11-10-2006, 04:26 PM
He had shoulder problems. The Texans took him in that expansion draft but he never did dick with them because the shoulder problems were never fixed. He was dominating for a string of years though.

OpIv37
11-10-2006, 04:31 PM
thanks for the info

BILLSROCK1212
11-10-2006, 06:20 PM
actually he was the 1st ever Houston Texan

Tony Boselli was selected as the first pick of the 2002 Houston Texans expansion draft. However, due to frequent injuries over the previous two years, that were treated improperly by Jaguars team doctors and the surgeon they sent him to, he was placed on injured reserve, and retired after the season, never having played a single down for the Texans. It was later learned that the doctor who performed Boselli's shoulder surgery had attached a tendon to the wrong spot and in doing so had caused it to atrophy during rehabilitation exercises.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Boselli

David Carr would definetly be a much better QB if Boselli was healthy

Dozerdog
11-10-2006, 06:22 PM
The Texans actually made a deal with Jax guaranteeing they would select Boseli- helping ther Jags with Cap releif. They would up with another Jax pick or something

RockStar36
11-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I always thought it was because of knee injuries. Shows how much I know.

Ickybaluky
11-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Boselli was very religeous and I think he is now an ordained Minister. I know he trains and runs triathalons now, but I haven't heard anything else.

BILLSROCK1212
11-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Boselli was very religeous and I think he is now an ordained Minister. I know he trains and runs triathalons now, but I haven't heard anything else.
Tony currently is a founding partner with Intra-Focus, Inc., a full-service marketing solutions company based in Georgetown, Texas with former Raider teammate Jeff Novak and former NFL quarterback Will Furrer. [2] (http://www.intra-focus.com/)