PDA

View Full Version : Stats I didnt even know

patmoran2006
11-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Did you know that Colts not only have the worst run defense in the entire NFL, but as of right now they currently have the SECOND WORST run defense in NFL HISTORY in terms of ypg.. That's crazy.

And they only have 11 sacks as an entire team.. Freeney only has a 1/2 sack all year.

And they're still 8-0 and just smacked the piss out of NE and Denver on the ROAD..

wow... I think its pretty safe to say Peyton Manning is winning the MVP.. I havent watched much COlts football this year, but that's amazing.

TigerJ
11-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Football is funny. The Colts and their fans are looking at Buffalo as a chance to start racking up some sacks. Buffalo is looking at the Colts as a chance to see if Losman can do anything without getting harrassed by defensive linemen all day. If Buffalo doesn't run the Ball 35 times they're nuts.

SABURZFAN
11-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Did you know that Colts not only have the worst run defense in the entire NFL, but as of right now they currently have the SECOND WORST run defense in NFL HISTORY in terms of ypg.. That's crazy.

And they only have 11 sacks as an entire team.. Freeney only has a 1/2 sack all year.

And they're still 8-0 and just smacked the piss out of NE and Denver on the ROAD..

wow... I think its pretty safe to say Peyton Manning is winning the MVP.. I havent watched much COlts football this year, but that's amazing.

where is that thread where somebody claimed that the Bills would be 6-2 if manning played for us and that Indy would be 3-5/4-4 with losman?wherever it is,he was wrong.Indy would be 1-7/0-8 with losman.

bflojohn
11-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Another interesting stat for the Colts defense was listed in my Sporting News. The Colts are allowing an ASTONISHING 48.9% conversion rate on 3rd downs!! THAT is unbelieveable for an undefeated team. I don't know that the Bills will or won't sway that number, but the possibility remains that the Colts could be HAD if their "D" is really this BAD!!!

AFJoe
11-10-2006, 11:47 PM
The funny thing is that the COlts D is that bad. They always talk about getting 2 or three stops a game by ournovers or missed FG's. They just count on the offense scoring on every possession. Check out the numbers of the offense on how many possessions they score on. In the Denver game they scored on 7 of the last 8 drives (only the kneal down at half they didn't score). In the NE game they punted once the entire game. If Vinateri didn't look like Vandershank they would have scored on 7 of 9 possessions in the game. (1 Interception also, and I don't count the fumble on the kickoff return).

jamze132
11-11-2006, 01:02 AM
Another interesting stat for the Colts defense was listed in my Sporting News. The Colts are allowing an ASTONISHING 48.9% conversion rate on 3rd downs!! THAT is unbelieveable for an undefeated team. I don't know that the Bills will or won't sway that number, but the possibility remains that the Colts could be HAD if their "D" is really this BAD!!!Wellif that stat is accurate, it should help us to convert 3/20 instead of 2/20.

TacklingDummy
11-11-2006, 05:58 AM
where is that thread where somebody claimed that the Bills would be 6-2 if manning played for us and that Indy would be 3-5/4-4 with losman?wherever it is,he was wrong.Indy would be 1-7/0-8 with losman.

That was one of my posts. :up:

SABURZFAN
11-11-2006, 06:06 AM
That was one of my posts. :up:

at least there a few of us in here that aren't blind to the so-called JP potential.there's another thread where it was stated about JP going 300+ yards and 4 TD's.even if he comes close(250 and 3 TD's),he still won't come close to Hall of Fame status like manning or favre.

mybills
11-11-2006, 06:18 AM
The funny thing is that the COlts D is that bad. They always talk about getting 2 or three stops a game by ournovers or missed FG's. They just count on the offense scoring on every possession. Check out the numbers of the offense on how many possessions they score on. In the Denver game they scored on 7 of the last 8 drives (only the kneal down at half they didn't score). In the NE game they punted once the entire game. If Vinateri didn't look like Vandershank they would have scored on 7 of 9 possessions in the game. (1 Interception also, and I don't count the fumble on the kickoff return).

We did something right in our bye week, because our defense really stepped it up in the GB game. Even Clements & MaGee looked better. I'm hoping to see a repeat of that (at least) plus, I wonder if some Bills fans are forgetting that some players switched positions recently..left tackle..etc.
Anyway, good luck to your team tomorrow, I think it will be well fought.
oh and, here's to no injuries. :cheers:

scott51
11-11-2006, 06:23 AM

Exactly! If you look at the Colts scores, they are usually in the 30's or 40's. Not every game obviously, but with that offense the defense doesn't have to be rock solid every single down. IMO, the Colts are the exception to the "Great Defenses Win Championships" rule!

RedEyE
11-11-2006, 07:03 AM

That only sends the guy who said "Defense wins games!" back to the drawing board scratching his head.

It also tells me that this crappy ass Tampa Cover 2 defense isn't all what it's cracked up to be.

I'd also like to add that JP Losman and the Bills OL are averaging around 4 sacks a game, having given up 5 sacks in each game against Green Bay and Detroit. Those aren't exactly stellar defenses there.

Also, Peyton has only been sacked 6 times this entire season.

mybills
11-11-2006, 07:18 AM
He will be sacked again, tomorrow. :up:

RedEyE
11-11-2006, 07:29 AM
He will be sacked again, tomorrow. :up:

Sure he will. He's officially been sacked 1.2 x a game.

I think it's also safe to say that Losman will be eating turf at least 3-4 times.

ParanoidAndroid
11-11-2006, 08:47 AM

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1689956&postcount=12

:D

Ed
11-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Not only is Indy's Defense bad, but their coverage units on ST's aren't that great either. Right now they're ranked 31st covering punts giving up over 17 yds a return. Granted they don't punt very often. And they're also 28th covering kick-offs. Looks like we could see McGee having a big day returning kicks tomorrow.

YardRat
11-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Exactly! If you look at the Colts scores, they are usually in the 30's or 40's. Not every game obviously, but with that offense the defense doesn't have to be rock solid every single down. IMO, the Colts are the exception to the "Great Defenses Win Championships" rule!

What championship have the Colts won with Manning at QB?

Either Indy's defense or Buffalo's offense is going to 'get healthy' tomorrow...Which one are you betting on?

feelthepain
11-11-2006, 01:00 PM
I think it's safe to say the Colts won't go undefeated this year, but they will remain undefeated for a while longer. I just don't see the Bills out scoring the Colts.

realdealryan
11-11-2006, 02:25 PM

Well, Pat, you went and did it. Here in Indy all they talk about is how Freeney gets 12 yards upfield and can't even get in on a running stop, let alone a full sack. I have been thinking to myself that the headline Sunday night will be how All-Pro Freeney finally comes through this season. Well now you've jinxed our crapa$$ line. He'll probably go Derrick Thomas and throw down like 7 sacks.

jmb1099
11-11-2006, 02:42 PM
The Colts have played a mixed bag as far as competition goes so the stats, while interesting, also need to be qualified with that information.
I don't see us beating them, not even close, but we may still put up some stupid numbers in the process. Should be an interesting day to say the least.

TacklingDummy
11-11-2006, 02:47 PM
The Colts have played and beaten better teams then the Bills have faced this year.

Colts have beaten on the road NYG, NE, Denver, and NYJ, at home they have beat Hou, Jags, Wash, and Tenn.

A much tougher schedule then the Bills. This should be a cake walk for the Colts.

With that being said, take the Bills and the 12 points.

SABURZFAN
11-11-2006, 02:48 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1689956&postcount=12

:D

i'll give that andy. :up:

SABURZFAN
11-11-2006, 02:49 PM
I just don't see the Bills out scoring the Colts.

i don't either.not with Just Pathetic at QB.

raphael120
11-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Football is funny. The Colts and their fans are looking at Buffalo as a chance to start racking up some sacks. Buffalo is looking at the Colts as a chance to see if Losman can do anything without getting harrassed by defensive linemen all day. If Buffalo doesn't run the Ball 35 times they're nuts.

theyre not nuts if theyre down 21-0 in the first quarter.