• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Our "troika" is a bust.

IMO, JP, WM and LE are not now nor will ever be Kelly/Thurmal/Reed, Manning/Edge/Harrison or Aikman/Smith/Irvin.

Do we need that level of talent to win? No. But that "was" the plan - to build a troika as the foundation. IMO, I can comfortably say at this point Marv can be pretty confident he doesn't have one right here, right now.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Our "troika" is a bust.

I still have high hopes for Evans.

I'm still hoping Losman turns it around, but it's not looking good.

I think McGahee is going to be one of the best in the league....on a different team.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
      I still have high hopes for Evans.

I'm still hoping Losman turns it around, but it's not looking good.

I think McGahee is going to be one of the best in the league....on a different team.
      I'm with you on Evans. It's a coin flip at this point in my mind.

Agreed on Losman. Always hope for the best but I now expect the worst.

I agree WM will not be Bill as soon as he can get out of B'lo. And I think on a team with an actual oline he can be very productive. But I don't think he is anything special. The few times he's had holes he's not making people miss, showing real speed or doing anything remotely close to his pre-injury stuff. Maybe in another year - on another team - he''ll have had enough time to fully heal. But my money's against that happening. Not only physically but mentally he's just not in the elite category IMO.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Evans will be gone when his contract is up. You heard it here first. He will goto a warm weather team.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Evans is going to be good, Losman is still a question mark and McGahee? Honestly, I think we can do better, jmo though.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

our QB sucks and willis is a question mark.if evans had a QB to throw to him,he could be a top tier WR.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

The "troika" was nothing without the O-line, and Lofton was a major contributor.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

I've lost more hope that we're just unable to secure the right people to encompass the "trioka" you described.

I think that both Willis and JP could be playoff caliber players behind a better OL. Evans would perform well anywhere.

JP needs an OL that can form a brickwall that rearely deteriorates. He's a pocket passer with legs and his longball is his specialty. Having OL that can get him stringing the ball downfield would benefit the entire offense. It opens up any defense, especially beneathe the LBs and the corners.

It also helps the run out considerably. LBs and safetys can't cheat as much keeping them honest and leaving them stuck plugging holes and protecting against the pass downfield. Willis would thrive in that situation.

Honestly, I see the Bills just needing to upgrade, upgrade, upgrde the OL (on offense).

I wouldn't be disappointed to see the Bills use whatever it takes to get key line players.

I know that Hutch was mega expensive, but look what he's done for Minnesotta. I wouldn't at all be dissappointed at the Bills staff to have pulled the trigger on that move.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                  I know that Hutch was mega expensive, but look what he's done for Minnesotta. I wouldn't at all be dissappointed at the Bills staff to have pulled the trigger on that move.
                  I wouldn't be either...but we needed a lot more than a guard. Hindsight is 20-20 and who really knew that Bowen and Royal would be both virtually non-existant for us...and Tripplett not much better?
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    I wouldn't be either...but we needed a lot more than a guard. Hindsight is 20-20 and who really knew that Bowen and Royal would be both virtually non-existant for us...and Tripplett not much better?
                    I completely agree Phil. I was using Hutch as an example and to prove a point. Talent costs money. It was TDs tactic to spend money on middle of the road FAs, and that got us no where fast.

I prefer Bill Polian's technique by building around key players and spend the money and draft picks on unquestionable talent and protection.

I think the Bills have the talent on offense. They just need to focus on getting all the tools (or protection in this case) to support that talent.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

There were plenty of people who didn't agree with the move to pick up bowen and royal, among other players. Even right here on these boards. Plenty of us questioned these acquisitions and were accused of being "negative nancies."

So plenty of people knew that neither would do a thing to help us.

You'll just never admit to it, because anyone with a negative opinion or questions what this organization does is just wrong.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        There were plenty of people who didn't agree with the move to pick up bowen and royal, among other players. Even right here on these boards. Plenty of us questioned these acquisitions and were accused of being "negative nancies."

You'll just never admit to it, because anyone with a negative opinion or questions what this organization does is just wrong.

yeah...it's the same people talking in circles.somebody will answer their questions and they spin it another way.before you know it,they can't keep to the same subject.then when they do it to another poster,they don't answer their questions because it's the same thing.they say you don't know what you're talking about,you're not a Bills fan,etc....
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

That last sentence just smacks of lies. I questioned both Bowen and Royal's acquisitions...I didn't receive any negative nancy posts that I can remember. Maybe it's not what people are saying but the way they are saying it
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

That last sentence just smacks of lies. I questioned both Bowen and Royal's acquisitions...I didn't receive any negative nancy posts that I can remember. Maybe it's not what people are saying but the way they are saying it

thank you Dr Phil.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Exactly. If you said you "hoped" that the new guys would emerge, apparently it was assumed you thought it was a great move. We filled some holes with okay players and did it on the cheap. Is anyone really surprised none of them turned out to be pro-bowlers?

Comment

Working...
                              X