PDA

View Full Version : BLITZ Manning !!!

im4bflo
11-12-2006, 12:17 AM
We've got to, GOT TO, pressure Manning!
He's the main man, and our focus should be on him, keep him running all game, trying to stop anybody else first, will let him do his thing.
If you take him out, they go south in a big way!
GO BILLS!

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Chances are with Peyton, he will recognize the blitzes and just audible.. I honestly think the only way to get to Peyton, is by coverage sacks. JMO.

jamze132
11-12-2006, 02:41 AM
I think we need to play a lot of man coverage and bump their receivers on every play. Peyton has admited that his timing with his receivers is the most important part with their success. Disrupt the timing, and we stand a better chance of winning.

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 02:49 AM
manning will pick this defense apart.he's the smartest QB in the game right now.

Inetpub
11-12-2006, 03:03 AM
LOL.

He'll just throw to the open reciever. He might be a slow QB but DAMN IS HE SMART.

YardRat
11-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Fewell and the defense really need to be on their horse today. If they do blitz at all, they better not run the same one twice because Manning will have already figured it out.

Big-time learning experience for the rookie's today.

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Want to beat Manning? Keep him off the field.

Run 40-50 times today - Take a page out of Jacksonville's book. They have had the most success keeping the Colts games close the past few years

mybills
11-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Fewell and the defense really need to be on their horse today. If they do blitz at all, they better not run the same one twice because Manning will have already figured it out.

Big-time learning experience for the rookie's today.
Exactly why I don't want to see any *****ing later on, if we bring home an L.

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 06:58 AM

Run 40-50 times today - Take a page out of Jacksonville's book. They have had the most success keeping the Colts games close the past few years

You're exactly right and that is how they did it. It all starts up front and if the Bills run the ball well, then it could stay close. If not, it will get ugly.

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Exactly why I don't want to see any *****ing later on, if we bring home an L.

Fans are allowed to *****...that is their right. If the Bills deserve critism, then people should be able to do it.

mybills
11-12-2006, 07:01 AM
If they ***** about rookies learning, maybe they need to learn patience :;

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 07:03 AM
If they ***** about rookies learning, maybe they need to learn patience :;

I have no problem with rookies learning...that I have patience for. It's the idiotic coaching that we see game in and game out that frustrates me. I guess this will be an excellent chance for the coaches to prove me wrong...or right. :;

jamze132
11-12-2006, 09:55 AM
I am pretty sure that Fletcher will not allow this to be a blowout. And if it turns into, he needs to step up and get in the **** ups' face and let him know. That goes for Clements as well. The best defenses hold one another accountable for everything.

YardRat
11-12-2006, 10:33 AM
You're exactly right and that is how they did it. It all starts up front and if the Bills run the ball well, then it could stay close. If not, it will get ugly.

It isn't just a matter of running the ball and keeping the Colt's offense off of the field...JP and Co. need to consistently put points on the board, even if it's just FG's.

If we don't score on half of our drives, we're going to lose.

LtFinFan66
11-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Peyton is a QB who makes you pay for blitzing so you better do it well

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 10:46 AM

but is our OL as good as Jacksonville's to where we can do that?i'd sure hate to depend on losman's arm to win it for us.

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Peyton is a QB who makes you pay for blitzing so you better do it well

EXACTLY!!!!i think he knows what they're supposed to do better than our own players.the kid is a helluva QB.

Coach Sal
11-12-2006, 11:09 AM
If you look at the games Manning did not do well, they were against teams that blitzed the crap out of him, disrupted him, and (generally) did it out of a 3-4.

The Bills don't run a 3-4, but they do play with 4 LB's sometimes, and have the ability to play a 3-4. In either case, Blitzing Manning is exactly right. But you have to do it so that he doesn't know where the blitzers are coming from (playing 4 LB's gives that ability).

Coach Sal
11-12-2006, 11:14 AM
It isn't just a matter of running the ball and keeping the Colt's offense off of the field...JP and Co. need to consistently put points on the board, even if it's just FG's.

Absolutely correct.

Time of possession doesn't mean much against the Colts.

Indy is 22nd in the league in TOP at 22:09/game.
The Bills are 23rd in the league at 22:00/game.

They're 8-0.
We're 3-5.

The Colts can score from anywhere on the field at any time.

The point is, it's about QUALITY of possessions......not the QUANTITY of them!

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2006, 11:20 AM
And if there is a game for McGee or Roscoe to break one this it. Get points without offense.

G. Host
11-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I think we need to play a lot of man coverage and bump their receivers on every play. Peyton has admited that his timing with his receivers is the most important part with their success. Disrupt the timing, and we stand a better chance of winning.

That is what they appeared to do this week and if offense could have given the defense a chance to rest it might have worked.

im4bflo
11-12-2006, 08:29 PM
If we stuck with the run more, we would of won .