PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sanders out.....

OpIv37
11-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm going to be PISSED if the Bills don't test his replacement (a 2nd year guy I've never heard of). This team has a history of not testing backups in the secondary- most notably against NE in the opener this year.

Sanders' replacement could turn out to be a great player, but it's on the Bills and their coaches to make him prove himself. I know the OL has been bad at pass blocking, but I would hope the coaches could come up with some kind of protection that would allow a speedster like Parrish to get into that 2nd level of the secondary before JP has to get rid of it. With Indy's weak run D, setting up a play-action is only a matter of time.

Oh, and note to Jauron/Fairchild: Do NOT waste a quarter of setting up the big pass play by attempting to throw a bomb to Andre Davis. The guy either doesn't understand the offense or he just plain sucks.

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 11:28 AM
While tempting- the Bills need to concentrate on grinding out first downs on the ground - keep the chains & clock moving. Their run D is the worst in the NFL.

OpIv37
11-12-2006, 11:32 AM
While tempting- the Bills need to concentrate on grinding out first downs on the ground - keep the chains & clock moving. Their run D is the worst in the NFL.

agreed, but I think you have to take at least one shot on a play action.

Indy is a better team than us- the only way we're gonna win is if we take some gambles and get them to pay off.

I'm not saying they should air it out on every play, but I think it would be worth their while to take 2-3 shots down the middle over the course of the game, and hopefully at least one of them will be early before we get too far behind.

If Indy gets up by 2-3 scores, they'll go nickel and it won't work.