PDA

View Full Version : And one more thing-

OpIv37
11-12-2006, 11:27 AM
I HATE domed stadiums in northern cities. Football is supposed to be an outdoor game played in the fall weather elements. A good team can adapt to the weather conditions instead of finding a way to avoid them.

I could almost understand having domes for southern teams like New Orleans and Arizona, because they have ungodly heat and/or humdity well into October, which doesn't lend itself well to a game where players have to wear 20+ pounds of pads for safety.

But I guarantee Indy wouldn't have the same amount of success if they didn't hide from the weather. There's no way that passing attack would be as successful if they had to play all their home games at the Ralph.

Jan Reimers
11-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I agree. The cold and winds of the Ralph would most likely reduce Manning to the level that Marino used to exhibit when the weather was foul in OP - which wasn't a pretty sight.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I agree. The cold and winds of the Ralph would most likely reduce Manning to the level that Marino used to exhibit when the weather was foul in OP - which wasn't a pretty sight.
Yeah it was :snicker2:

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 11:37 AM
I disagree. The oly "cold weather" place the Colts have failed miserably has been at New England- and it wasn't the weather that did him in.

I've seen him torch Denver a few times, IN DENVER- once in a thriller with a full blown snowstorm.

Kelly managed to light it up in the weather- Peyton can too.