PDA

View Full Version : Nice at first but being too cowardly

BillsFever21
11-12-2006, 12:40 PM
The start of the first drive was beautiful. Thomas running good. Losman and Evans contributed to 4 first downs on the drive. Even came back from the holding penalty which usually kills us when it happens. Especially when it negates a 12 yard run.

Then we get 1st and goal and we turn into cowards. Three straight runs and on 3rd and goal from the 10 or so? Not even take once chance for the EZ? After Losman and Evans was sharp during the drive and connected with 4 first downs between the two of them. That is being cowards. Instead of taking a chance they play not to lose and settle for FG's. We will need at least 24 points to win this game. Not gonna happen by cowardly accepting FG's and not even trying.

You're not gonna beat the Colts by settling for FG's and not even attempting for the EZ when you have the chance. We can't run-run-pass all day and expect it to work. Need to mix it up some.

Oh, and Terrance Pennington is absolutely terrible. Rookie or not he has had so many damn pathetic whifs it's not even funny.

And here come the Colts running down the field for a TD. We're not gonna have a chance settling for FG's. While they are calling plays like cowards the Colts will be up by 2 scores before we know it and then will be forced to pass when we don't want to.

Playcalling was great the first 11 plays. Since then it just turned into a cowardly act of playing not to lose.

It seems like the coaching staff can only do one or the other. We either pass most of the game or run all damn game. Neither way will work. You need to mix it up and keep the defense honest and guessing.

TacklingDummy
11-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Take Evans away and JP is lost.

BillsFever21
11-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Well what do you know. Just like I said we're about to be down 2 scores and then we will be forced to pass and Jauron's master gameplan of run-run-pass will already be down the drain.

Elminster
11-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Well what do you know. Just like I said we're about to be down 2 scores and then we will be forced to pass and Jauron's master gameplan of run-run-pass will already be down the drain.
I thought Fairchild's plan was pass(lose six yards)-run-run-punt?

BillsFever21
11-12-2006, 01:10 PM
I thought Fairchild's plan was pass(lose six yards)-run-run-punt?

That too. Either one of the other. It depends on the one or two times we tried to pass on first down.

All I know is Jauron must have Dungy scrambling on the sidelines to find a way to break our gameplan and figure us out. It has to be the best playcalling and gameplan in the NFL this season. It's a work of art.

Michael82
11-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Mix it up? :rofl: Way to go, you just proved that you are smarter than Fairchild. :bf1:

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
only thing we're missing:balance