PDA

View Full Version : thats it.

Devin
11-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Im done with Losman.

I have given him nothing but benefit of the doubt. But this jackass hasnt done anything since the first drive against a horrible defense missing its biggest star in the secondary.

Tmac takes it to the 12. 12 friggin yards.....thats it. Thats all he has to do.

I normally hate posts like these because admittedley they are pretty well useless, but im done with that ******.

Michael82
11-12-2006, 01:55 PM
:rofl: I'd like to see you work behind that OL.

hammerbillsfan
Our offence is useless. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/5579-1156523822.gif

The_Philster
One bad pass today and he's a failure? :shakeno: He's not caling the plays out there for Christ' sake

Bling
11-12-2006, 01:56 PM
:rofl: I'd like to see you work behind that OL.

The jokes on you, and that franchise of yours. We here in the AFC East hope Losman gets a career contract.

kinigirly
11-12-2006, 02:10 PM
i've lost almost all sense of feeling on the subject. not seeing the games on tv i can't accurately judge.

if i ever bump into jp while i'm home i don't know if i'd be able to look him in the face right now. do i get pissed and deck him for being sloppy, or do i shake my head and say sorry and feel bad for him for not getting it? i still don't know

jamze132
11-12-2006, 02:19 PM
i've lost almost all sense of feeling on the subject. not seeing the games on tv i can't accurately judge.

if i ever bump into jp while i'm home i don't know if i'd be able to look him in the face right now. do i get pissed and deck him for being sloppy, or do i shake my head and say sorry and feel bad for him for not getting it? i still don't know
Good point. I feel you, I can't watch the games either, I have to settle for FieldPass radio.

Devin
11-12-2006, 02:40 PM

Up until now ive kinda felt the same.

But today I watched, and unlike Mikey and apparently Phil I can no longer cling to the hope its the OL.

Dont get it twisted our OL is friggin horrible. But on that particular play, it wasnt the play calling, it wasnt the OL. FOr one series.....our closest bet to score a TD JP just sucked.

Then a possesion or two later horribly over threw his WR's again....twice.

I dont hate the kid, and I wish him the best. He has all the physical tools you look for in a QB, I just dont believe hes smart enough to play the position.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Our offensive line sucks but Losmans gonna be/is a bust. I sure hope he's not here next season

paladin warrior
11-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Our offensive line sucks but Losmans gonna be/is a bust. I sure hope he's not here next season Me too. JP is a worse player

sba
11-12-2006, 02:57 PM
We win that game with even an average QB.

Sorry, time to move on, he's awful, horrible, terrible, crappy and a lost cause.

TheBrownBear
11-12-2006, 02:59 PM
JP sucks. The sooner the Bills accept that and move on, the quicker we can rebuild. I've been saying that drafting JP was a huge mistake from the very beginning. He wasn't a leader or a winner at the college level against mediocre competition, not sure why anyone thought he'd excel at the pro level.

Iehoshua
11-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Thank you, Ms. Cleo!

Maybe you meant to say...

"We win that game with a kicker who can make a field goal when it matters most."

Devin
11-12-2006, 03:01 PM

Sorry, time to move on, he's awful, horrible, terrible, crappy and a lost cause.

Yeah while it absolutley pains me to say it, Holcomb plays that game and we are 1 game from .500

As I said ive supported JP a lot. But today he was given a few great starting points and could do nothing with it.

Id be ready to blame the line if he was pressured all day, or the play calling if it were even close, but he just plain made bad throws....no accuracy at all.

Thank christ we had the A-train in today.

RedEyE
11-12-2006, 03:03 PM
JP is hardly blameless, but that offensive front is disgusting. Everytime JP makes a drop he's covered in defensive turd. He needs more time and this line just can't give it to him.

SquishDaFish
11-12-2006, 03:04 PM
LOL Jp is going to be a good one starting next year for our BILLS! The playcalling and OL SUCK! Playcalling I can uncerstand to a point and that is they want JP sitting in the pocket and LEARN! If they let him loose our O would be great. Because sitting behind that crap for an OLine sucks! Even randy cross said it 2 dropbacks is all he had for protection all day. No QB can do good behind that crap.

We just lost to the best team in the NFL by 1 friggen point!

Philagape
11-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Kinda hard to do much when the coaches run it all day. Seriously, what made it such a horrible game by JP? 69 percent, 83 yards on 13 attempts, no turnovers? It's impossible to label his day in any way because the game plan didn't let him do anything. How many third-and-longs did we run on? The coaching has kept amuzzle on him all season. They're making him stay in the pocket so he can't escape from sacks or make plays with his feet. This is on the coaches.

Iehoshua
11-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah while it absolutley pains me to say it, Holcomb plays that game and we are 1 game from .500
Holcomb??

Are you feeling okay, bro?
:ill:

Philagape
11-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Kinda hard to do much when the coaches run it all day. Seriously, what made it such a horrible game by JP? 69 percent, 83 yards on 13 attempts, no turnovers? It's impossible to label his day in any way because the game plan didn't let him do anything. How many third-and-longs did we run on? The coaching has kept amuzzle on him all season. They're making him stay in the pocket so he can't escape from sacks or make plays with his feet. This is on the coaches.

Yasgur's Farm
11-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Coaches allow him to throw the ball 13 FREAKIN TIMES... 13!!
He completes 69.2% of those throws while being harrassed every time he dropped back. You all need to look elsewhere for the blame.

SquishDaFish
11-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Philagape your are completly right. Get through this season with what they are doing with JP and it will help make large strides next year. They are doing what you should do with a young scrambling type QB. Which will help his career and our Future!

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah while it absolutley pains me to say it, Holcomb plays that game and we are 1 game from .500:rofl: You're joking, right?

As I said ive supported JP a lot. But today he was given a few great starting points and could do nothing with it.

Id be ready to blame the line if he was pressured all day, or the play calling if it were even close, but he just plain made bad throws....no accuracy at all.

Thank christ we had the A-train in today.4 incomplete passes...hate to break it to you, but not every pass will connect

Not sure what happened on that 4th drive...incomplete to Peerless
to Royal on the 5th drive...bad pass out of reach
6th drive...coverage was tight..either throw it away or risk a pick on the 3rd and 1.
on the deep pass...no idea what he was thinking...he had time

Philagape
no accuracy at all..

NINE OF THIRTEEN.

Man, people will bash him until he completes 100 percent and even then.

bluehaze
The jokes on you, and that franchise of yours. We here in the AFC East hope Losman gets a career contract.

Phins franchise ain't no better Harrington won this game for us today despite Mularkey's play calling. He has the first half of his life then Mularkey sticks him with run run deep ball WTF kind of playcalling is that when you are winning 13-0? I am disgusted but I am also incredibly happy we won depsite friggin lame ass Mularkey playcalling.

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 03:11 PM
LOL Jp is going to be a good one starting next year for our BILLS! The playcalling and OL SUCK! Playcalling I can uncerstand to a point and that is they want JP sitting in the pocket and LEARN! If they let him loose our O would be great. Because sitting behind that crap for an OLine sucks! Even randy cross said it 2 dropbacks is all he had for protection all day. No QB can do good behind that crap.

We just lost to the best team in the NFL by 1 friggen point!

If I believed that the OL would be much improved next year, then I can see your point. However, who's to say we are able to adequately fix our OL troubles next year? Then what? We are stuck with JP again, making the same mistakes? I don't know the answer.

Bling
11-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Phins franchise ain't no better Harrington won this game for us today despits Mularkey's play calling. He has the first half of his life then Mularkey sticks him with run run deep ball WTF kind of playcalling is that when you are winning 13-0? I am disgusted but I am also incredibly happy we won depsite friggin lame ass Mularkey playcalling.

Post elsewhere. I'm tired of Fin fan apologists that try to make e-friends. What you posted is totally irrelevant, and is totally unneccessary. They want a debate about JP Losman, and you and I both know he sucks. Say it, don't be ****ing afraid.

SquishDaFish
11-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Awesome posting Philagape. We need JP as he is being handcuffed by the coaches playcalling to be efficient and dont TURN the ball over. And the last 2 weeks he has done that. Dammit haters cut it out.

SquishDaFish
11-12-2006, 03:15 PM
And we are sick of posters like you Bling! Go to finhell. Nighthawk if Marv stays on course with what hes doing I imagine next year he revamp the right side of the Oline and takes the leashes off of JP.

Devin
11-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Holcomb??

Are you feeling okay, bro?
:ill:

lol I know I know, like I said it pains me to say that.

What happened after the Tmac runback to the 12? On two pass plays there JP had protection/time, his guys in position to make catches......he over threw one and under threw another.

Look im not shifting blame. Our OL is terrible, no excuses there. And yes our playcalling is questionable at times to say the least. JP hasnt exactly had the best opportunities to shine. Lord knows id love to be wrong about the kid.

Im not the type of person to base a QB on one series. I know better. But JP has 1 or 2 of these every week.

I truly feel hes another Kyle Boller. Athletically very gifted, a cannon for an arm, and nothing upstairs.

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:16 PM
exactly! I like their idea to force him to go thru his reads and step up in the pocket, but NOT with this offensive line. And NOT with these receivers, who couldn't get separation if their ****ing life depended on it. :mad:

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:16 PM
I kinda feel bad for JP Losman because he has no chance with this coaching staff and OL. The gameplan is built not to his strengths. He's not a pocket passer and this offense line can't give him a pocket longer than 2-3 seconds. He should be running around, doing roll outs and at least a few shotgun plays or quick passes. And if he doesn't get injured from the OL by the end of the season, he's very lucky.

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Coaches allow him to throw the ball 13 FREAKIN TIMES... 13!!
He completes 69.2% of those throws while being harrassed every time he dropped back. You all need to look elsewhere for the blame.
:bf1: I can tell you aren't a biased JP HATER! Nice post.

DraftBoy
11-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Look their are two arguments here, and nobody wants to admit to that, you have Devin who is not questioning the stats JP had but the fact that he made no plays when it counted, they you have somebody like Philagape who is saying JP had a good with over 60% comp rating, even though he was harrassed. Phil is looking at the whole game as a body of work and saying it was a good game for JP. Devin is looking at the moments we needed him the most and saying he blew it. Both are correct. JP has had a high comp pct for a long time now, but he just isnt making plays when it counts. Whats more important? Thats your own opinion. Mine is well documented.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2006, 03:24 PM
I kinda feel bad for JP Losman because he has no chance with this coaching staff and OL. The gameplan is built not to his strengths. He's not a pocket passer and this offense line can't give him a pocket longer than 2-3 seconds. He should be running around, doing roll outs and at least a few shotgun plays or quick passes. And if he doesn't get injured from the OL by the end of the season, he's very lucky.

First off, thanks for being objective Mikey. Second did anybody watch the game?! JP didn't lose us the game. He had 13 attempts today. If you want to blame anyone blame our crap pass protection. Gandy, Royal, Shelton/Pennington were each responsible for blown pass protections that led to sacks!!

Philagape
11-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Look their are two arguments here, and nobody wants to admit to that, you have Devin who is not questioning the stats JP had but the fact that he made no plays when it counted, they you have somebody like Philagape who is saying JP had a good with over 60% comp rating, even though he was harrassed. Phil is looking at the whole game as a body of work and saying it was a good game for JP. Devin is looking at the moments we needed him the most and saying he blew it. Both are correct. JP has had a high comp pct for a long time now, but he just isnt making plays when it counts. Whats more important? Thats your own opinion. Mine is well documented.

I'm not saying it was a good game. Like I said, impossible to label either way. Not enough to go on.

Devin
11-12-2006, 03:26 PM
NINE OF THIRTEEN.

Man, people will bash him until he completes 100 percent and even then.

Ive never bashed him til now. Some people will find excuses for JP when he completes no passes.

:bf1: I can tell you aren't a biased JP HATER! Nice post.

Mikey just to buy you a clue my friend, why exactly do you suppose they only allowed him to throw 13 times against the big bad mighty Colts defense?

And if you say "The coaches are stupid" or some equally ******ed remark I am going to have you fitted for a safety helmet.

DraftBoy
11-12-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm not saying it was a good game. Like I said, impossible to label either way. Not enough to go on.

Sorry, not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to specify the difference in arguments.

Michael82
First off, thanks for being objective Mikey. Second did anybody watch the game?! JP didn't lose us the game. He had 13 attempts today. If you want to blame anyone blame our crap pass protection. Gandy, Royal, Shelton/Pennington were each responsible for blown pass protections that led to sacks!!
:hi5: I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't jumped on the JP sucks bandwagon. I don't know why, but there is something about him that I really like.

The_Philster
Mikey just to buy you a clue my friend, why exactly do you suppose they only allowed him to throw 13 times against the big bad mighty Colts defense?.Indy's rushing defense was ranked last in the league going into today
running the ball, at least until they stop the run, is the best way of running time off the clock and keeping the ball out of the opposition's hands

Devin
11-12-2006, 03:29 PM

Thank christ. Well said DB.

Thats exactly it. JP is about as clutch as a pile of bricks. Yes statistically if you pass 13 times in a game and complete 9 of them on paper thats a solid percentage. Super.

Congrats. You made 9 completions, all of which totaled no points.

For anyone who defends JP tell me this. What inexplicably happens when we visit the magical redzone? Is it the coaching/OL everytime?

Novacane
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Mikey just to buy you a clue my friend, why exactly do you suppose they only allowed him to throw 13 times against the big bad mighty Colts defense?

And if you say "The coaches are stupid" or some equally ******ed remark I am going to have you fitted for a safety helmet.

Because they don't trust him.

Devin
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Indy's rushing defense was ranked last in the league going into today
running the ball, at least until they stop the run, is the best way of running time off the clock and keeping the ball out of the opposition's hands

That and when JP doesnt throw we dont have turnovers.

But yeah youre right.

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Indy's rushing defense was ranked last in the league going into today

That's very true, but it also looked like they have no faith in JP and are trying to be very conservative with him. I think it is a little bit of both.

Philagape
11-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Thank christ. Well said DB.

Thats exactly it. JP is about as clutch as a pile of bricks. Yes statistically if you pass 13 times in a game and complete 9 of them on paper thats a solid percentage. Super.

Congrats. You made 9 completions, all of which totaled no points.

For anyone who defends JP tell me this. What inexplicably happens when we visit the magical redzone? Is it the coaching/OL everytime?

Today, it mostly was. How many shots at the end zone did JP take? One, the bomb to Evans?

Philagape
11-12-2006, 03:35 PM
That and when JP doesnt throw we dont have turnovers.

But yeah youre right.

In the last two games, no turnovers in 28 throws.

Devin
Today, it mostly was. How many shots at the end zone did JP take? One, the bomb to Evans?

from the 12 he took 2 shots, they werent in the endzone but close. He under/over threw both times.

Michael82
Ive never bashed him til now. Some people will find excuses for JP when he completes no passes.

It's because the coaches are stupid. This is their game plan for the Colts because their run d is atrocious and our offensive line is even worse. Run the ball all day long and run out the clock. It almost worked and they are lucky it did. Very lucky! They forced turnovers, and chewed the clock out, and scored on defense and had taken the Colts off their game for a bit. But one thing they forgot to do was mix it up. If you are going to call runs on almost every play, you gotta mix it up with some deep passes to get the Colts to back off the line a bit. Or maybe throw in some screens. They chose not to do that. and it hurt them. They don't show a lot of confidence in JP to make the play on 3rd and long, but thats not the only reason that they took the passing out of the game plan. I really think it is because they believe that the OL won't give JP any time to throw it long or make a play, so they chose draw plays. I hated that. Why would you call a draw play on every single 3rd and long? The play calling was too ****ing predictable and sucked IMO.

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:37 PM
:bf1:

Devin

your right. 13 this game and 15 last game right?

Proving what? The more he is contained, the less likely a turnover becomes.

Novacane

2 games 28 throws combined. If that does not convince anyone they are limiting JPs dropbacks because they don't trust him I don't know what will

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Because they don't trust him.
that's partially correct. But I think that they don't trust this OL either. and I wouldn't if I was them. Come on, you got 3rd and 15 and you need your OL to hold long enough for our crappy receivers to get open, do you think they can do it? No way in hell! :shakeno:

Devin
11-12-2006, 03:39 PM
It's because the coaches are stupid. This is their game plan for the Colts because their run d is atrocious and our offensive line is even worse. Run the ball all day long and run out the clock. It almost worked and they are lucky it did. Very lucky! They forced turnovers, and chewed the clock out, and scored on defense and had taken the Colts off their game for a bit. But one thing they forgot to do was mix it up. If you are going to call runs on almost every play, you gotta mix it up with some deep passes to get the Colts to back off the line a bit. Or maybe throw in some screens. They chose not to do that. and it hurt them. They don't show a lot of confidence in JP to make the play on 3rd and long, but thats not the only reason that they took the passing out of the game plan. I really think it is because they believe that the OL won't give JP any time to throw it long or make a play, so they chose draw plays. I hated that. Why would you call a draw play on every single 3rd and long? The play calling was too ****ing predictable and sucked IMO.

Which is why you will never coach at any level.

The running game wasnt a problem, and truthfully the only thing that worked.

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:40 PM

no, he's getting better at holding onto the ball and not making dumb decisions. He's good at not turning over the ball for the most part, except when he gets blindsided, but they fixed that. :up:

kinigirly
mikey i completely agree the coaching is ass backwards. but when it comes to passing, the underaverage amount of throws jp is being allotted is on purpose. i agree, i don't think they trust him. the question is would jp fair any better under a competent o-line? would holcomb fair better under this crappy o-line? i dunno. bottom line is, coaches don't have faith in jp to throw and i think we're gonna see this until january

The_Philster
having a young QB throwing all the time would be suicide...no matter what his name is

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Which is why you will never coach at any level.

The running game wasnt a problem, and truthfully the only thing that worked.
it wasn't a problem. But you can't count on running every single play. Eventually you will get stopped and he did quite a few times. He did wear down that defense towards the end, but there was a bunch of plays where he got stuffed because the Colts knew we were going to run.

DraftBoy
11-12-2006, 03:42 PM
having a young QB throwing all the time would be suicide...no matter what his name is

Peyton Manning did it, then again so did David Carr....its a crap shoot either way

DraftBoy
11-12-2006, 03:43 PM
it wasn't a problem. But you can't count on running every single play. Eventually you will get stopped and he did quite a few times. He did wear down that defense towards the end, but there was a bunch of plays where he got stuffed because the Colts knew we were going to run.

Thats great coaching imo, he got stuffed a few time, so what? He did his job and the D was tired at the end of the game. Great day running the football...What do you expect 5-15 yards every run? Sometimes those 1-3 yard runs are much more important.

Nighthawk

For a QB to grow, he needs to throw. The Bills know that they are not going anywhere this year and they still have reigned in JP...that is not a good sign. If they really wanted him to grow, then they would let him go out there and throw it around. At this point, I just don't know what the Bills plan is for him for the future.

Dozerdog

If you bump into him he'd probably fall backwards for a 12 yard loss and /or fumble

I am watching Kini, he stinks. If you see him on the street- punch him in the uterus

Devin
11-12-2006, 03:44 PM
no, he's getting better at holding onto the ball and not making dumb decisions. He's good at not turning over the ball for the most part, except when he gets blindsided, but they fixed that. :up:

He is? Hes better at holding onto the ball because he averages 3-4 pass attempts a quarter.

I'll give you a sec to let that soak in.
a ******ed circus monkey could hang onto the ball doing that.

Michael82
mikey i completely agree the coaching is ass backwards. but when it comes to passing, the underaverage amount of throws jp is being allotted is on purpose. i agree, i don't think they trust him. the question is would jp fair any better under a competent o-line? would holcomb fair better under this crappy o-line? i dunno. bottom line is, coaches don't have faith in jp to throw and i think we're gonna see this until january
I don't have any faith in this OL or coaching staff. You want JP to look better, let him run a bit, call some rollouts, or give him the ability to scramble around to make a play. Don't make him sit in the pocket every play. It's screwing with his head and it makes him look bad.

Philagape
from the 12 he took 2 shots, they werent in the endzone but close. He under/over threw both times.

One was completed to Price for a loss, the other was the bad pass to Royal, who likely would not have scored even if he caught it. Both were conservative plays designed for runs after the catch to get us closer to the goal line. A touchdown would have been a bonus. Neither were "shots." Coaching kept us out of the end zone there.

DraftBoy
11-12-2006, 03:45 PM

its not all shots into the endzone, its keeping drives moving, its tucking the ball and running when needed, its throwing it away. He led a hell of a drive to make it 17-16 only a penalty and a big sack stalled it. Im not going to debate who the sack was on. However from the 12 we should of had 7. You can say that not everytime will any QB get it in from that close, and thats true, but majority of our offensive TD's I believe have been from outside the redzone. Even the most average of QB's can put it in the endzone from inside the 20.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 03:45 PM

All the time I'd agree but 28 times in 2 weeks??????? They are being TO conservative with him.

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 03:46 PM

Proving what? The more he is contained, the less likely a turnover becomes.He won't have turnovers sitting the bench, either.

Devin
If you bump into him he'd probably fall backwards for a 12 yard loss and /or fumble

I am watching Kini, he stinks. If you see him on the street- punch him in the uterus

:roflmao:

The_Philster
For a QB to grow, he needs to throw. The Bills know that they are not going anywhere this year and they still have reigned in JP...that is not a good sign. If they really wanted him to grow, then they would let him go out there and throw it around. At this point, I just don't know what the Bills plan is for him for the future.
I think they realized, after that bad stretch before the bye, that they had to rein him back in and then start letting out slack a little more slowly. Would it be great if JP could tackle it all at once? Hell yeah, but he's shown us he's not ready to do that...doesn't mean he'll never get it...but it does mean that if he does get t, it'll take more time.

BillsFever21
Im done with Losman.

I have given him nothing but benefit of the doubt. But this jackass hasnt done anything since the first drive against a horrible defense missing its biggest star in the secondary.

I normally hate posts like these because admittedley they are pretty well useless, but im done with that ******.

Losman can only run the plays he is told to call. Is he the one who called 3 straight running plays from the 13 yard line on the first drive? Or the one who did the same on another drive. Or the one when he did have a chance had a play designed for a 2 yard pass from the 12 yard line on 3rd down?

The coaches are the ones who called these crappy plays. I didn't see many opportunites for him out there. His lousy 13 attempts he completed 9 of them are you're blaming him for what our offense did today? The same completing percentage and ypa that Manning had today. He did what was asked of him and what the coaches would allow to do. He's not the one who called about 6 draw plays on 3rd down today that had no chance of converting.

This coaching staff will go from about 3 weeks of doing nothing but passing and hardly any running and then realize that's not gonna work. So instead of mixing up both they decide to totally reverse the strategy when McGahee gets hurt nonetheless. So now when this strategy doesn't work who knows what they will do. Maybe it will finally sink into them you need to mix it up. Who knows though.

Games when Losman was the focal point and it seemed like they never wanted to run the ball he was throwing for 200 yards a game and completing 62% of his passes. That isn't gonna work anymore then trying to run the ball all game either. Blame the staff for not getting the right mix. They must not be able to comprehend both of them at the same time. Kinda like chewing gum and walking at the same time. They can only focus on one thing at a time.

Philagape
11-12-2006, 03:47 PM

Proving that he didn't the ball over over a game's worth of passes. Suggesting that if they let him throw more, it's not given he'll turn it over.

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:47 PM
I don't like it. If you really believe that JP is the answer, eventually you gotta take that leash off. It seems to me like the coaching staff is not helping JP with their gameplan. They are actually hurting him, unless he learns how to step up in the pocket and make plays. But so far, it's not working. :ill:

Philagape
11-12-2006, 03:48 PM
its not all shots into the endzone, its keeping drives moving, its tucking the ball and running when needed, its throwing it away. He led a hell of a drive to make it 17-16 only a penalty and a big sack stalled it. Im not going to debate who the sack was on. However from the 12 we should of had 7. You can say that not everytime will any QB get it in from that close, and thats true, but majority of our offensive TD's I believe have been from outside the redzone. Even the most average of QB's can put it in the endzone from inside the 20.

Not by himself.

Dozerdog
He is? Hes better at holding onto the ball because he averages 3-4 pass attempts a quarter.

I'll give you a sec to let that soak in.
a ******ed circus monkey could hang onto the ball doing that.Leave Spanky out of this! :mad:

http://gifs.bestgraph.com/animaux/singes/singes-64.gif

DraftBoy
Losman can only run the plays he is told to call. Is he the one who called 3 straight running plays from the 13 yard line on the first drive? Or the one who did the same on another drive. Or the one when he did have a chance had a play designed for a 2 yard pass from the 12 yard line on 3rd down?

The coaches are the ones who called these crappy plays. I didn't see many opportunites for him out there. His lousy 13 attempts he completed 9 of them are you're blaming him for what our offense did today? The same completing percentage and ypa that Manning had today. He did what was asked of him and what the coaches would allow to do. He's not the one who called about 6 draw plays on 3rd down today that had no chance of converting.

This coaching staff will go from about 3 weeks of doing nothing but passing and hardly any running and then realize that's not gonna work. So instead of mixing up both they decide to totally reverse the strategy when McGahee gets hurt nonetheless. So now when this strategy doesn't work who knows what they will do. Maybe it will finally sink into them you need to mix it up. Who knows though.

Games when Losman was the focal point and it seemed like they never wanted to run the ball he was throwing for 200 yards a game and completing 62% of his passes. That isn't gonna work anymore then trying to run the ball all game either. Blame the staff for not getting the right mix. They must not be able to comprehend both of them at the same time. Kinda like chewing gum and walking at the same time. They can only focus on one thing at a time.

Granted we dont know either way, but your under the assumption that he does not hold the ability to audible the plays at the line? Either that or is he not recognizing 9 in the box and audibling to a hot route? Something has to give.

The_Philster
All the time I'd agree but 28 times in 2 weeks??????? They are being TO conservative with him.
agreed. I don't think they should've had him passing a lot more...but they could've had him throw it a little more, anyway. Evans was wide open early in the game and they were connecting

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:49 PM
One was completed to Price for a loss, the other was the bad pass to Royal, who likely would not have scored even if he caught it. Both were conservative plays designed for runs after the catch to get us closer to the goal line. A touchdown would have been a bonus. Neither were "shots." Coaching kept us out of the end zone there.
Good point. If the coaching staff has no confidence in JP by now and are intentionally holding him back so he doesn't **** up, then how the hell are they helping him? They are wasting his time and the team's time. If you think there is any chance that he could be a good QB, give him the ability to succeed and so far they aren't doing that. :cynic:

DraftBoy
11-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Not by himself.

Im confused by your point, what can he do or not do by himself? We arent the Falcons are WR's catch the ball with some semblance of consistency. We dont throw to our TE's so we have no idea, what we have in them. He needs more protection yes, but from inside the 20, they are all short routes, that take 2-3 seconds to develop.

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:50 PM
agreed. I don't think they should've had him passing a lot more...but they could've had him throw it a little more, anyway. Evans was wide open early in the game and they were connecting
exactly. That's all i'm saying. The game plan would have been perfect if they mixed it up a bit more, but they didn't and thats why they lost. :mad:

sba
11-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Wow, there certainly are some blind Losman fanboys in this thread.

He sucks, wake up to the fact that because of him we have NO OFFENSE. ZIP, ZERO, NADA.

There isn't a team in the league that respects his "ability". Our redzone offense had -8 yards...are you really blaming the O-Line or Jauron for that??

This is the most basic football premise of all time...WE HAVE NO VERTICAL PASSING GAME. And as much as the O-Line isn't great, there's plenty of other young, unproven QB's doing much more with lines that are comperable to ours. Tony Romo would be a case in point.

Then at the end of the game, they cut to Losman shaking hands with someone, LAUGHING. There's a quality I want to see in our onfield leader after a loss...yucking it up on the sidelines.

Not sure what he was laughing about, he was the only joke I saw out there today.

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 03:51 PM
exactly. That's all i'm saying. The game plan would have been perfect if they mixed it up a bit more, but they didn't and thats why they lost. :mad:They game plan around what they got.

They got crap under center.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 03:52 PM

.........and they stopped doing it after the first drive . Makes a lot of sense doesn't it lol

BillsFever21
Also, this OL combination is even worse then before. Another great coaching move by these clowns.

At least before this move it would be 1 in every 13 attempts or so before he would get sacked. With this combo it's about 1 in every 5 plays. I counted at least 3 plays that Losman was sacked in 3 seconds or less from the snap of the ball. Wasn't even finished with his 5-7 step drops the coaching staff wasn't smart enough to change to 3 step drops till later on in one drive.

This is the worst OL in the NFL. No doubt about it. It's between them and Arizona. You know the OL that so many of you said Marv improved in the offseason by them budding stars in Reyes and Fowler. Another wasted year in fixing the OL. It just keeps getting worse and worse. And it doesn't help that the playcalling is so damn predictable that they can't keep the defense guessing enough to try and help the problem.

Devin
Proving that he didn't the ball over over a game's worth of passes. Suggesting that if they let him throw more, it's not given he'll turn it over.

Or suggesting that since hes proven he WILL turn it over, they need to tighten his leash.

but it does mean that if he does get t, it'll take more time.

such is the story of the Buffalo Bills. More time, always more time.

The_Philster
There isn't a team in the league that respects his "ability". Our redzone offense had -8 yards...are you really blaming the O-Line or Jauron for that??

This is the most basic football premise of all time...WE HAVE NO VERTICAL PASSING GAME. And as much as the O-Line isn't great, there's plenty of other young, unproven QB's doing much more with lines that are comperable to ours. Tony Romo would be a case in point.
It's called playcalling. I realize that Jim Kelly called all his own plays...and Manning calls his own plays at least part of the time...but Losman doesn't...try taking off the hate-blinded glasses

Michael82
I think they realized, after that bad stretch before the bye, that they had to rein him back in and then start letting out slack a little more slowly. Would it be great if JP could tackle it all at once? Hell yeah, but he's shown us he's not ready to do that...doesn't mean he'll never get it...but it does mean that if he does get t, it'll take more time.
you're right. They have gone back to the gameplan from week 1. IMO, they didn't need to go that far back. Just put the reigns on him a little bit, not totally. It seems like they are going backwards with his progress and I dont like it.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 03:54 PM
such is the story of the Buffalo Bills. More time, always more time.
unless you have a magic wand to fix things with just a wave, that's what we're stuck with

Michael82
11-12-2006, 03:55 PM

Excellent post! :bf1:

sba
11-12-2006, 03:57 PM
It's called playcalling. I realize that Jim Kelly called all his own plays...and Manning calls his own plays at least part of the time...but Losman doesn't...try taking off the hate-blinded glasses

Yeah, Jauron can't call plays designed for real QB's because we don't have one. So he has to make due.

Losman didn't do anything to lose this game. But he certainly didn't help us do anything to win this game either.

And I'll admit, I do hate Losman, I hate the fact that our team is a laughingstock because he can't put points on the board. I hate the fact that no one respects our offense because he's in charge of it.

Devin
11-12-2006, 03:58 PM
unless you have a magic wand to fix things with just a wave, that's what we're stuck with

I wasnt implying anything. Some people are content with waiting.....forever. And if thats your station in life thats cool man.

Losman doesnt because he cant, not because of coaches but because hes not capable. Recognize ability. Sometimes its not hate.

Philagape
11-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, Jauron can't call plays designed for real QB's because we don't have one. So he has to make due.

Losman didn't do anything to lose this game. But he certainly didn't help us do anything to win this game either.

And I'll admit, I do hate Losman, I hate the fact that our team is a laughingstock because he can't put points on the board. I hate the fact that no one respects our offense because he's in charge of it.

At least you're honest about it.

Devin
11-12-2006, 04:02 PM

That best sums up the intent of this thread.

Losman is basically "just there" hes present on the field and in the games, but nothing really spectacular or great happens. Just kind of mundanely runs the plays. Then when he is let loose and allowed to run wild its like the special olympics of football. And our D ends up on the field every 2 minutes.

kinigirly
11-12-2006, 04:08 PM

DAMMIT. can i at least mate with him first? oh wait...do you think i'd end up with a tard for a kid...that would be a little ironic

The_Philster
Yeah, Jauron can't call plays designed for real QB's because we don't have one. So he has to make due. Jauron doesn't call plays..HELLO!!

And I'll admit, I do hate Losman, .a personal grudge...I knew it

I wasnt implying anything. Some people are content with waiting.....forever. And if thats your station in life thats cool man.Who said I was content with waiting? I just don't believe in whining about stuff I can't control...and I also realize we're only half a season into a new regime...you can't seriously be blaming Marv and Jauron for what happened during the Donahoe regime, can you?

Losman doesnt because he cant, not because of coaches but because hes not capable. Recognize ability. Sometimes its not hate.sometimes it's inexperience. It could be that he'll never get it. I challenge you to find me one post proclaiming he's definitely our QB of the future...but the fact of the matter is...not every QB develops at the same speed...for a few different reasons..like

what help does he have surrounding him in the NFL...the less talent he has on the team and the coaching staff, the longer it'll take
what kind of system did he come out of in college? A QB out of a Pro style offense like USC or , now, Notre Dame, is generally going to adapt to the pro game more quickly than someone out of a school without a pro set offense

EDS
JP was not necessarily horrible this game but he didn't do anything of merit either.

I just don't see him ever being much more then an average quarterback. He has physical skills, but he just doesn't process information fast enough to be a great NFL quarterback. I hope he proves me wrong but at this point I could completely understand if Marv went out and got a new starting QB in the off-season.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 04:09 PM
DAMMIT. can i at least mate with him first? oh wait...do you think i'd end up with a tard for a kid...that would be a little ironic
:rofl:
If it makes you feel any better, he doesn't come across as stupid in person

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Losman deserves the rest of the season. I'l stand by that, no matter how awful he plays. With that said, if he continues to play the same way, its time for a new QB.

sba
11-12-2006, 04:15 PM
a personal grudge...I knew it

Wow, way to take part of that statement out of context...and you're a moderator?? That's something I'd expect from some of the barely literate children that post here, not from someone in a position of power on the boards. How am I supposed to respect anything you say when you resort to immaturity like that?

Not that I wouldn't be pleased to see him get hit by a bus tomorrow, at least we could move on from this dreadful "experiment".

Philagape
11-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Losman deserves the rest of the season. I'l stand by that, no matter how awful he plays. With that said, if he continues to play the same way, its time for a new QB.

He's not playing any "way." Like someone said, he's just there, and that's because of the coaching. He does OK with what he's allowed to do, but we'll never know what we've got until he really PLAYS.

Also, in addition to playing behind that o-line, it's not mentioned much that we don't have a legit No. 2 WR. Other receivers are not getting open. Maybe he wouldn't lock onto Evans if the other receivers earned some faith in them.

Cntrygal
FIRE LINDELL!!!!! HE CHOKED!!!!!!

feelthepain
I think many of us that don't have anything to lose by being objective over JP's talent were trying to tell you guy's JP just isn't an NFL QB. The fact that TD went out of his way to draft him, was just a great big blinking neon sign he wasn't a 1st round pick. If the Bills couldn't run the ball at all, I could see Bill fans looking at the Oline for some of JP's poor numbers, but the fact that you can run for a 100+ yards a game is a sign that the Oline is doing enough to help JP.

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 04:17 PM
He deserves more time, but if he doesn't take advantage of it, then it is HIS fault and nobody else's. He is getting an opportunity that many other QB's would give their right arm to get and it is his responsibility to take full advantage of it. As an example, don't you think that Nall would cut off one of his nuts to get the chance JP is getting? Is the OL great, no...but that doesn't mean Losman isn't responsible for making plays on his own. Good QB's do that. I'm sorry for him that the OL doesn't help him out more, but when he is out of the league I will bet you that he looks back and says, "damn, I should've taken advantage of that opportunity." Every person has to look within themselves if they are ever going to succeed. It may be time for JP think about it that way.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow, way to take part of that statement out of context...and you're a moderator?? That's something I'd expect from some of the barely literate children that post here, not from someone in a position of power on the boards. How am I supposed to respect anything you say when you resort to immaturity like that?

Not that I wouldn't be pleased to see him get hit by a bus tomorrow, at least we could move on from this dreadful "experiment".
I'm not a moderator...I just handle the front page...and you're the one who said you hated him...it's a pretty strong word...maybe you overstated your feelings but if you can actually say you hate a Bills player, it's kinda telling...and now you say you'd like to see him get hit by a bus...sorry...sounds like something more than disappointment in his play

sba
11-12-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm not a moderator...I just handle the front page...and you're the one who said you hated him...it's a pretty strong word...maybe you overstated your feelings but if you can actually say you hate a Bills player, it's kinda telling...and now you say you'd like to see him get hit by a bus...sorry...sounds like something more than disappointment in his play

I think it's a sign of how disappointed I really am.

I'd like nothing more than for him to "get it" or whatever he needs to do to win games for us, but he's had a full season's worth of starts now, and hasn't come close to developing into a serviceable QB.

It's time to move on.

bluehaze
11-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Post elsewhere. I'm tired of Fin fan apologists that try to make e-friends. What you posted is totally irrelevant, and is totally unneccessary. They want a debate about JP Losman, and you and I both know he sucks. Say it, don't be ****ing afraid.

If being respectful makes me an "apologist" then I suspect I'm going to be an apologist for the rest of my lifetime. Maybe you will as well once you hit puberty, it just might start making sense my friend. I dont get to watch the games enough to comment on JP Losman so I don't it's simple as that.

Cheers

GFLuNEEDit
11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
He's done

Ralph Wilson is going to let these coaches even consider Losman for next year unless he looks like Daryl f****g Lamonica for the rest of the season.

And that won't happen

The experiment is over.

Devin
11-12-2006, 04:54 PM
I think many of us that don't have anything to lose by being objective over JP's talent were trying to tell you guy's JP just isn't an NFL QB. The fact that TD went out of his way to draft him, was just a great big blinking neon sign he wasn't a 1st round pick. If the Bills couldn't run the ball at all, I could see Bill fans looking at the Oline for some of JP's poor numbers, but the fact that you can run for a 100+ yards a game is a sign that the Oline is doing enough to help JP.

JP Losman is not a starting calibur QB.

However, I dont believe he doesnt belong in the NFL outright. The kid has almost limitless physical skill, if he could just use his head a bit more I believe he will be at his peak a great #2 guy and a borderline starting QB. As ive said 100 times much like Boller.

Now whether youre a fan or not surely you can see how terrible the OL is.

feelthepain
11-12-2006, 06:14 PM

However, I dont believe he doesnt belong in the NFL outright. The kid has almost limitless physical skill, if he could just use his head a bit more I believe he will be at his peak a great #2 guy and a borderline starting QB. As ive said 100 times much like Boller.

Here's where I disagree with you. Physical skill is the least important factor in being a top knotch or winning NFL QB. Look at all the great QB's in NFL history and 99% of them were far less physically talented then they were mentally talented. Montana, Marino, Brady, Bradshaw, Manning, Kelly, Aikman, Favre, Big Ben just to name a few. They were/are much more talented mentally then physically.

JP just doesn't have the mental part of the game and it's past the point of using inexperience as an excuse. JP could make his Oline look a whole lot better if he could just pass for 200 yards a game weekly, 200 yards isn't beyond reason. As it stands JP can't even throw for 100 yards a game, that's not all the Olines fault. He is what he is and I'm not sure he's a good backup. He can't win football games, period! Being a backup you need to win football games come off the bench cold and win games. JP can't win games when he starts every week, hows he gonna win games with even less snaps in practice and live games?? I just don't see it.

He needs constant work just to lose games, getting less time with the starters will be even worse on him. You either have it or you don't and JP doesn't...IMO. I said during spring camp the Bills should be playing Holcomb over JP because at least Holcomb has proven he can win games.

Now whether youre a fan or not surely you can see how terrible the OL is.

Your Oline can block well enough for your backup RB to get 100 yards a game. I think there are other QB's that would play better behind your Oline. Do I think your Oline is great?? No, do I think they suck?? No I don't. I also think they would look better with Holcomb.

Devin
11-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Here's where I disagree with you. Physical skill is the least important factor in being a top knotch or winning NFL QB. Look at all the great QB's in NFL history and 99% of them were far less physically talented then they were mentally talented. Montana, Marino, Brady, Bradshaw, Manning, Kelly, Aikman, Favre, Big Ben just to name a few. They were/are much more talented mentally then physically.

JP just doesn't have the mental part of the game and it's past the point of using inexperience as an excuse. JP could make his Oline look a whole lot better if he could just pass for 200 yards a game weekly, 200 yards isn't beyond reason. As it stands JP can't even throw for 100 yards a game, that's not all the Olines fault. He is what he is and I'm not sure he's a good backup. He can't win football games, period! Being a backup you need to win football games come off the bench cold and win games. JP can't win games when he starts every week, hows he gonna win games with even less snaps in practice and live games?? I just don't see it.

He needs constant work just to lose games, getting less time with the starters will be even worse on him. You either have it or you don't and JP doesn't...IMO. I said during spring camp the Bills should be playing Holcomb over JP because at least Holcomb has proven he can win games.

Your Oline can block well enough for your backup RB to get 100 yards a game. I think there are other QB's that would play better behind your Oline. Do I think your Oline is great?? No, do I think they suck?? No I don't. I also think they would look better with Holcomb.

Thats actually very well argued. I cant disagree least not much.

Alarmingly enough when JP has come off the bench in the past hes played well.

feelthepain
11-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Thats actually very well argued. I cant disagree least not much.

Alarmingly enough when JP has come off the bench in the past hes played well.

It's not like us Dolphin fans haven't had our share of QB's that just don't cut it...well since Marino retired. We've seen more then our share of JP Losmans,

like: Ray Lucas, Jay Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels...ect., ect., ect.

Bulldog
11-12-2006, 07:21 PM

Coming from a Miami fan? The same team that was supposed to challenge for the AFC and possibly a Super Bowl? The jokes on you for taking that highly overrated POS Culpepper. And Harrington blows equally as bad. So until Miami has a proven QB or a winning record, shut it!

Bulldog
11-12-2006, 07:21 PM
It's not like us Dolphin fans haven't had our share of QB's that just don't cut it...well since Marino retired. We've seen more then our share of JP Losmans,

like: Ray Lucas, Jay Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels...ect., ect., ect.

Culpepper, Harrington ... ect

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Im done with Losman.

:popcorn:

BillsFever21
11-13-2006, 02:04 AM

We are a laughingstock because of the clowns we have running this joint.

SABURZFAN
11-13-2006, 02:08 AM

but....but.....but he needs more time.(doing my Licker impression)

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:48 AM
He's not playing any "way." Like someone said, he's just there, and that's because of the coaching. He does OK with what he's allowed to do, but we'll never know what we've got until he really PLAYS.

Also, in addition to playing behind that o-line, it's not mentioned much that we don't have a legit No. 2 WR. Other receivers are not getting open. Maybe he wouldn't lock onto Evans if the other receivers earned some faith in them.
I've said practically everything you are saying right now, over and over again since the start of this season. I have hope Losman will get better, but the fact of the matter is, he hasnt been playing well. Whether thats the coaches, him, WR's or OL, it doesnt matter right now. He isnt doing enough. I really hate saying this, but its the truth. I hope we can turn it around.

Devin
11-13-2006, 11:18 AM
I've said practically everything you are saying right now, over and over again since the start of this season. I have hope Losman will get better, but the fact of the matter is, he hasnt been playing well. Whether thats the coaches, him, WR's or OL, it doesnt matter right now. He isnt doing enough. I really hate saying this, but its the truth. I hope we can turn it around.

The bottom line is I could deal with it a bit better if Losman was at least showing improvment, showing that he is in general gaining some since of field awareness. He isnt.

Like I said before I dont hate the kid, and yes a lot of our problems can be attributed to factors other then Losman. But as has been stated numerous times what we need from Losman Im not sure he can learn. And even if he could it appears it will take a lot longer then expected.

He simply does not have a head for it. Not that hes dumb, just the instincts/vision/awarness an NFL QB needs he doesnt appear to possess.

feelthepain
11-13-2006, 11:56 AM
The bottom line is I could deal with it a bit better if Losman was at least showing improvment, showing that he is in general gaining some since of field awareness. He isnt.

Like I said before I dont hate the kid, and yes a lot of our problems can be attributed to factors other then Losman. But as has been stated numerous times what we need from Losman Im not sure he can learn. And even if he could it appears it will take a lot longer then expected.

He simply does not have a head for it. Not that hes dumb, just the instincts/vision/awarness an NFL QB needs he doesnt appear to possess.

Unfortunately for Bill fans that sums up JP. Who knows, if the Bills were to go on some sort of winning streak and JP was asked to do very little, bascially don't lose the game and the team around him was able to build a little more confidence, then maybe JP could also build on that, it's possible. But as a fans of a sport you've watched long enough you see things that just don't add up. There are QB's starting now that have less experience then JP, yet show better pocket managment and awareness. Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but it's clear JP doesn't have it. I think Bill fans should hope for a guy like Jake Plummer to shake lose and for the Bills draft a good young QB, I think Marv is far better equpit to spot a young gun then TD was, to learn the ropes under a savvy veteran like Plummer. On a side note I think your D is showing some good signs, I think they know how to create TO's.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 01:25 PM

Thats the thing though.. It seemed like he showed ALOT of improvement versus the Jets and Minnesota early on. But then, its like the Bears knocked him on his butt, and he hasnt been the same since.

It sure seems like that as of lately. Honestly, I wish our coaches would let him take to the sky, that way we can see what we have. It's really hard to tell, when he is only passing 13 times a game. In the end, could some of Losman's regression be blamed on an inept OC? Who knows. But, I hope our coaching staff doesnt have a ******* gameplan for HOU.