PDA

View Full Version : Indy 17, Bills 16.. My Thoughts

patmoran2006
11-12-2006, 03:04 PM
First thing I want to do is talk about Dick Jauron... Either he has ZERO confidence in JP Losman, or he's the worst coach I've ever seen in my life. That first half was disgusting, as we were calling plays and playing them not to win, but to NOT get blown out. I lost count how many times we ran the ball on third and long, just to not turn the ball over. NOw while I understand that turnovers kill, at some point you have to try to WIN the game by making plays. Thumbs way the **** down to Jauron and Fairchild for ****ty playcalling.

Want move evidence that these coaches are a mess? not one but TWO timeouts taken betweeen 13 and 11 minutes left in the game... a STUPID play call on 3rd and 1 in which Losman wasn't even in the ballpark on a pass, and the most mind boggling call of them, having Robert Royal blocking Freeney on a pass call late in the game.. We were in position to take the lead.. Maximum protection!!!!. That sack not coincidentally meant the difference between Lindell making and missing the field goal. Basically, I'm really disgusted with Jauron, each week he looks worse to me and I can see why he was run of Chicago.. Either bench Losman or build your offense around him, because you're making this offense look stupid. You cant put square pegs in a circle.

* 4 Red Zone trips, 2 field goals.. Brutal.

* Time to talk about JP Losman. I dont think this was his worse game, and for once I will say Buffalo didnt lose because of Losman. NONE of the four sacks were his fault... He didnt turn the ball over (though he was lucky cause that falldown throw on the sack coulda been a fumble).. He threw a couple of nice darts to Evans... However, even when he had time he made some horrible throws. The bomb to Evans wasnt even close, he threw a horrible 3rd pass to Royal.. He's still locking in on one receiver.. His 25% third down pass completion % is embarassing.. But again, he didnt lose the game for us. Dont take that as too much of a compliment, because we need a quarterback who makes plays to put us in position to win. Losman has rarely done that, but I thought he was better today.

* Kevin Everett should be cut Monday. This guy is a waste, and he had not one but two critical penalties. Our TE's in general blow, why the hell was Royal trying to block Freeney late in the game?

* Injury or not, Buffalo should say bye bye to Willis McGahee as the starter. Thomas runs hard.. real hard. He had a great game.

* Nate Clements easily had his best game of the season. He was amazing against Harrison, and his forced fumble and recovery could've given Buffalo a win. If he played like this every week I'd have no problem giving him franchise money.

* Angelo Crowell had a great game too, but jesus, is randy cross his agent or something?

* Thought the defensive line played pretty weak today, with the exception of Kyle Williams.. Did Tripplett even play today against his old team?

* I thought overall our defense played well. To hold Indy to 17 at home is no small accomplishment. ON top of that we forced two turnovers, scored our ONLY touchdown and put our sad, sad offense in a position to win the game. Of course, we didn't. Given who we played, I"ll take that effort every week.

* he got beat a couple of times, but I thought McGee played better at corner, and of course his kick return was unbelievable.

* The Terrence Pennington starting at right tackle era needs to come to an end soon. This guy is LOST half the time, and is at least two years away from developing into a starter.

* Outside of a couple pass protect breakdowns, I think the offensive line actually played decent.

* Did I tell you how much I hate DIck "Lets play to not get blown out" Jauron?

Mad Bomber
11-12-2006, 03:10 PM
First thing I want to do is talk about Dick Jauron... Either he has ZERO confidence in JP Losman, or he's the worst coach I've ever seen in my life.
Both. End of story.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 03:14 PM
You are right on about Jauron.

patmoran2006
11-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Fairchild is really under my skin too..

Devin
11-12-2006, 05:17 PM
First thing I want to do is talk about Dick Jauron... Either he has ZERO confidence in JP Losman, or he's the worst coach I've ever seen in my life.

The first one.

* 4 Red Zone trips, 2 field goals.. Brutal.

* Time to talk about JP Losman. I dont think this was his worse game, and for once I will say Buffalo didnt lose because of Losman. NONE of the four sacks were his fault... He didnt turn the ball over (though he was lucky cause that falldown throw on the sack coulda been a fumble).. He threw a couple of nice darts to Evans... However, even when he had time he made some horrible throws. The bomb to Evans wasnt even close, he threw a horrible 3rd pass to Royal.. He's still locking in on one receiver.. His 25% third down pass completion % is embarassing.. But again, he didnt lose the game for us. Dont take that as too much of a compliment, because we need a quarterback who makes plays to put us in position to win. Losman has rarely done that, but I thought he was better today.

Agreed. However most of JP's mistakes are still rookie/fundemental stuff. Im not sure how many years it will take with this kid but its getting rather old now.

* Kevin Everett should be cut Monday. This guy is a waste, and he had not one but two critical penalties. Our TE's in general blow, why the hell was Royal trying to block Freeney late in the game?

In his defense the running into the punter penalty was a terrible call, he didnt actually even make contact with the punter. That being said our TE's suck ass.

* Nate Clements easily had his best game of the season. He was amazing against Harrison, and his forced fumble and recovery could've given Buffalo a win. If he played like this every week I'd have no problem giving him franchise money.

Granted Harrison was double covered most the game you're right Nate decided he would play this week.

* I thought overall our defense played well. To hold Indy to 17 at home is no small accomplishment. ON top of that we forced two turnovers, scored our ONLY touchdown and put our sad, sad offense in a position to win the game. Of course, we didn't. Given who we played, I"ll take that effort every week.

* he got beat a couple of times, but I thought McGee played better at corner, and of course his kick return was unbelievable.

It wasnt that he got beat it was when he got beat. McGee will never be a #1 guy. That being said our D played pretty well on the road against Indy.

* The Terrence Pennington starting at right tackle era needs to come to an end soon. This guy is LOST half the time, and is at least two years away from developing into a starter.

"But pat hes a 7th rounder, its his 2nd game.....he needs time".....blah blah blah. what a ******ed argument.

Agreed. Sit him for awhile, Pennington may have it one day I believe he may. Today aint that day.

* Outside of a couple pass protect breakdowns, I think the offensive line actually played decent.

They couldnt have? All those rushing yards and time to pass........wait you said they played well.....well then how come JP didnt.......oh nevermind.

TigerJ
11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
In his defense the running into the punter penalty was a terrible call, he didnt actually even make contact with the punter. That being said our TE's suck ass.

I think Everett's shoulder actually hit Hunter the Punter's left foot. Then the Punter did a pretty good acting job, like they're told to do, in order to make it seem worse than it was. I think however the rule is specific and officials were instructed to call it more strictly this year. In the San Diego Pittsburgh game, there was a play in which Aaron Smith literally fell at the feet of Drew Brees and made contact. I don't think Brees even fell down, but technically Aaron Smith hit him low, so they nabbed him for roughing the passer, fifteen yard personal foul. Blame the rule, not the official.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Man and you said ICE is bi-polar?

I watched plenty of the Steelers games over the years - winnning football years - exactly the same way. If you ask me, this is the kind of games Jauron wants to play, more stout on defense and more consistent on offense of course. It take the staff the 9th game to find the kind of game they want to play!

Just ask yourself. Had the Bills played this way consistently this season, their record might have been a lot better than the 3 and 5 entering ths game (the Miami game and Packers game follows the same formula).

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Hmmm...Dick Jauron wanted to eat the clock, which you do by running the ball. He didn't want Losman to cost Buffalo the game, so he didn't drop him back much, which worked in both cases. The Bills lost 17-16, in Indy, and essentially should've been ahead in the last few minutes, no thanks to Lindell's missed FG.

To answer your question, it's obvious that the coaches don't think JP can win the games on his own. Does this make Jauron stupid? No.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Had Lindell mad ethat field goal, I'm still not convinced that the Bills would win. Not by a long shot. But to see the defense gave up after that - Manning did not throw a pass after that - is really disheartening to me.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Had Lindell mad ethat field goal, I'm still not convinced that the Bills would win. Not by a long shot. But to see the defense gave up after that - Manning did not throw a pass after that - is really disheartening to me.
They may not have won, but Indy wouldn't have been able to run the final 6 minutes off the clock, they would've been forced to pass more, and if they scored, at least Buffalo would've gotten the ball back with a decent amount of time on the clock.

YardRat
11-12-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't agree with the crticism of the coaches at all. The gameplan was sound and mostly effective...except for some untimely breakdowns in execution, this very well could've (maybe should've) been a win.

As for the specific play where Freeney beat Royals to sack JP...Sorry, but's that's on the QB. One-he should've recognized the mismatch and audibled to a different play. Two-if he isn't allowed to audible, he should've burnt the last time out and talked it over with the sidelines.

Unless, of course, JP has complete confidence that Royals could take Freeney one on one and ran the play under that assumption.

TacklingDummy
11-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Wade Phillips sucks
Gregg Williams sucks
Kevin Gibride sucks
Mike Sheppard sucks
Mike Mularkery sucks
etc....

Lets change coaches again. blah blah blah

Anyone ever stop and think that the talent they have to work with sucks? Especially the QB position.

unpaid_bills
11-12-2006, 07:43 PM
It is hard to put all the sacks and miscues on JP but he takes much of the blame. We got lucky on the rollout where he was sacked and the whistle blew he tried to pass but fumbled luckily it was dead. On the last drive that sacked killed the momentum. Lindell should have made the kick but it seemed to just snowball and the colts took a 6M drive.

JP has to spark the team and make some plays period. I agree the play calling is limiting him. What the F*** do we have small, speed receivers for if we dont throw the ball down the field. Our receivers and TE for that matter cant block that is highlighted by the poor pass protection on the entire OL. I know Jauron has his style, but you have to make some adjustments with the talent you have. The other thing to the Bills have no idenity as a team. What is there bread and butter play. Without McGee's fumble return and kick off, plus Lindell we had a horrible offensive game against an avg D. I am always going to live and die with the Bills just want to see an exciting game.

It is very frustrating to say the least. Imagine how the players and coaches feel if we the fans are this upset. There jobs are on the line. The Defense plays with heart and special teams, I just dont see that same fire from the offense. Its a mix of the players and coaching.

unpaid_bills
11-12-2006, 07:45 PM

As a fan this is the killer, you never know what would have happened. There was plenty of time, with the game on the line Manning would have had his A game for sure. Would have made for an exciting finish either way.

Kerr
11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
I agree with Pat on Jp. Fairchild and jauron are irritating in the sense they are stubborn sob's who should make the offense that fits jp or get a qb who fits their damn offense. I hate to see jp's talent being wasted like this. The guy could be a dangerous qb if he was used right. :ill:

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I agree with Pat on Jp. Fairchild and jauron are irritating in the sense they are stubborn sob's who should make the offense that fits jp or get a qb who fits their damn offense. I hate to see jp's talent being wasted like this. The guy could be a dangerous qb if he was used right. :ill:

Dangerous at what? Holding the ball too long, and one-hopping open WRs? Seriously? What talent has he displayed to make you think this?

Bill Cody
11-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Man and you said ICE is bi-polar?

I watched plenty of the Steelers games over the years - winnning football years - exactly the same way. If you ask me, this is the kind of games Jauron wants to play, more stout on defense and more consistent on offense of course. It take the staff the 9th game to find the kind of game they want to play!

Just ask yourself. Had the Bills played this way consistently this season, their record might have been a lot better than the 3 and 5 entering ths game (the Miami game and Packers game follows the same formula).

If what you're saying is true you might as well play Holcomb. He won't take half as many sacks and he can actually convert a third down.

Kerr
11-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Dangerous at what? Holding the ball too long, and one-hopping open WRs? Seriously? What talent has he displayed to make you think this?

I couldn't even ask you if you watched film of him at tulane because you'd probably come back with some stupid response like, "this is not college".

Again, i'll say it for the millionth time. Jp is not a full game pocket passer. He wasn't one in college, but they are trying to make him one now. They rarely roll him out and let him make plays on his feet. He's an excellent passer when he throws on the run. He's an excellent runner on designed qb runs. Since Mularkey came here, he had no clue how to use jp. It sickens me. Jp's talents are making plays on his feet and using his gun to make those impossible throws. They don't move him around at all, unless it's a busted play.

Dare you ask again.

Michael82
11-13-2006, 12:03 PM
:hi5:

justasportsfan
11-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Want move evidence that these coaches are a mess? not one but TWO timeouts taken betweeen 13 and 11 minutes left in the game... a STUPID play call on 3rd and 1 in which Losman wasn't even in the ballpark on a pass, and the most mind boggling call of them, having Robert Royal blocking Freeney on a pass call late in the game.. We were in position to take the lead.. Maximum protection!!!!. ?Blame that on the OC that you are a huge fan off?

Michael82
11-13-2006, 12:07 PM
I couldn't even ask you if you watched film of him at tulane because you'd probably come back with some stupid response like, "this is not college".

Again, i'll say it for the millionth time. Jp is not a full game pocket passer. He wasn't one in college, but they are trying to make him one now. They rarely roll him out and let him make plays on his feet. He's an excellent passer when he throws on the run. He's an excellent runner on designed qb runs. Since Mularkey came here, he had no clue how to use jp. It sickens me. Jp's talents are making plays on his feet and using his gun to make those impossible throws. They don't move him around at all, unless it's a busted play.

Dare you ask again.
When the **** will Fairchild get it? I'm tempted to write them a letter and just ask WTF is up with the way they are using him. Are they afraid of him that much? Afraid of the OL? Or are they really trying to develop him into a good QB?

Kerr
11-13-2006, 12:13 PM
When the **** will Fairchild get it? I'm tempted to write them a letter and just ask WTF is up with the way they are using him. Are they afraid of him that much? Afraid of the OL? Or are they really trying to develop him into a good QB?

They are trying to make him into something he's not-pocket qb. He never did this at tulane much. Adjusting is no easy task when you've been under a college offense that primarily uses the shotgun formation as the base. Alex Smith has had to adjust to the same problem. Only difference is, he has a good qb developer in norv turner, jp does not. That's not to say fairchild is a bad teacher, but he's not doing something right. I know this because jp is not game stupid. He was a pretty smart game qb at tulane. He held the record for lowest ints in that school and apparently that was a hard offense to play in. The same offense patrick ramsey played in until his last year there, but didn't do so well in compared to jp, and he wasn't athletic and a scrambler like jp so all he could do was stand back and throw.

mysticsoto
11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Good comments, Pat. Here are some tidbits I added:

I think they are trying to force Losman to play a style that's not really him. Why are they forcing him to be a strictly pocket passer? For that, we should have just kept Bledsoe then. JP has mobility - use it! Where are the roll outs? If anything, atleast it forces a defense to have to take his moving into consideration also. But no, it always a play from the same set of plays...where are the screens and other plays that can help free up JP from the constant pressure on him. This is the coaches fault!

* Injury or not, Buffalo should say bye bye to Willis McGahee as the starter. Thomas runs hard.. real hard. He had a great game.

As good as the A-Train did, I think Willis could have done better. I think the sides were open frequently and Thomas ran up the middle b'cse he's a N/S runner, but I sometimes felt like the sides were even more open and that Willis might have had a field day with the Colts. Note that this is not a knock on Thomas - just a note that Willis should not be dismissed b'cse the A-Train had a decent game. I suspect that when we play Jacksonville, people will realize that Thomas is a great backup, but only adequate as a starter.

* Thought the defensive line played pretty weak today, with the exception of Kyle Williams.. Did Tripplett even play today against his old team?

One positive thing I want to add about the D-line is that they were very disciplined in their stances. Clearly they practiced this during the week to make sure they didn't jump at the many instances that Manning uses to try and get a line to jump offsides. I was very impressed with their discipline.

Agreed with the above.

Okay...if we take Pennington out, who do we put in? If Butler isn't in, it means that Pennington has shown he's better. Butler is too light and DEs will blow right by him like he was a LB. It is disappointing that Pennington isn't playing better - but not unexpected. We have to hope that he picks up his play. He certainly has the physical attributes. Let's hope he keeps working hard and develops by the end of the season. It would be nice to know that we only have to worry about the RG position instead of the entire right side once the season is over...

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Blame that on the OC that you are a huge fan off?
I was a big fan of Fairchild. Thats why I'm so perplexed as to what the hell is going on.. Is it him BOGGLING down this offense? Or is it Jauron's demand to play this conservative?

TigerJ
11-14-2006, 10:43 AM

You are absolutely right. Following the missed field goal Indianapolis was mostly interested in running clock, yet still got the ball in field goal range with time to spare. Had they been trying to drive in order to score, they would have had both running plays and passing plays available. They would have been extremely hard to stop.