PDA

View Full Version : Pennington

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I see a lot of people proclaiming him a bust...after 2 starts. Offensive line isn't an easy position to start off on as a 7th rd pick...it's rough as a 1st rounder...and when you have Chris Villarial next to you, it hurts even more.
Now, is he going to amount to anything? No way of knowing for sure...he definitely has a lot of work to do....but if anyone actually thought he was gonna start at RT his rookie year and play like a vet, I want what you're smoking

Novacane
11-12-2006, 03:18 PM
What I'd like to know is when is Mcnally gonna start getting some blame. Everything you say is true Phil so why the hell do they not give him help when he's getting undressed. The call to have a TE blocking Freeny one on one on his sack b4 the missed FG was brilliant too :rolleyes:

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 03:20 PM
What I'd like to know is when is Mcnally gonna start getting some blame. Everything you say is true Phil so why the hell do they not give him help when he's getting undressed. The call to have a TE blocking Freeny one on one on his sack b4 the missed FG was brilliant too :rolleyes:
A lot of us have been on McNally's case on here all season long, actually....he's riding his reputation...he made Peters into a solid Tackle...but what else has he done since he came here?

Bmax
11-12-2006, 04:07 PM
what else can he do ?.. Look the guy said he was not a savoir when he came here.....Give him proven talent and a capable qb and hey he is a genius....

Bmax

Yasgur's Farm
11-12-2006, 04:07 PM
..but what else has he done since he came here?Bingo!!!
I've cut McNally a lot of slack over the past 3 years. But I think it's time to start holding him accountable.

When he 1st came to the team, the line sucked. OK, you cut the guy a bit of slack for having nothing to work with. But, in the time he's been here, there has been absolutely no... zero... none... nadda improvement.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 04:10 PM
what else can he do ?.. Look the guy said he was not a savoir when he came here.....Give him proven talent and a capable qb and hey he is a genius....

Bmax

You can say that about any line coach.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 04:11 PM
You can say that about any line coach.
Yeah..and Mcnally didn't exactly have a set of all-pros with the Giants and he turned it into a pretty damn good unit

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 04:17 PM
After all, McNally did pick Mike Williams, correct? Either way, our OL hasn't been producing, and is a big reason why we can't get ANYTHING going at all.. Even with all that said, he has done pretty well with the talent given to him. How many of our linemen were actually taken on the first day? Peters was undrafted, and is now a starting LT. That seems like a miracle if you ask me, how much can you credit McNally for Peters growth? Furthermore, he did well with Fowler and Gandy. Reyes was an 'alright' acquisition, and was never considered much of a talent. Plus, if any of you guys read my posts, you would know that I'm really high on Merz, and I think he will end up being a quality lineman for Buffalo. With all this said, we need to give McNally more talent to work with. Marv needs to sit McNally down and say, listen man, what do you need? Which players do you want? How can we help, you? I really think McNally could produce some studs if the FO would do this.

EDS
11-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Why don't they put Merz in at right guard? He played alright in the one game he started.

Pennington might not be the answer at right tackle, but the good news in all of this is that Peters appears to have the makings of a solid left tackle. It is a heck of a lot easier to fill that whole on the right side if Peters continues to prove he can play left tackle.