PDA

View Full Version : Jauron bashers are dead wrong.

Earthquake Enyart
11-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Dick played the hand he was dealt to the best of his ability. He knew that ONE stupid JP bonehead play, especially in the first half, would turn this game into a blowout. As it was, a stupid JP sack led to the missed field goal. It is a HUGE credit to him that we stayed in the game as long as we did.

The ultra conservative, field position type game plan was the only way to play this game to have a chance. Dick did a good job. You haters don't know wtf you are talking about.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Well if Dick knows all that about JP he is pretty stupid for keeping him as his QB.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 03:21 PM
The sack was on Royal...JP was smart enough to tuck the ball in when he felt the pressure coming so quickly. Other than that, not a bad post

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Freeney on a TE is pretty bad matchup. That play should be adjusted, maybe an audible, line call or timeout but the ball shouldn't have been snapped.

JP was fine on that sack, he protected the ball.

I agree on Jauron, he's a good coach. Hats off to Bobby April too.

Uncle Jesse
11-12-2006, 03:51 PM
I dont know why Dick had Royal blocking Freeny at such an important time in the game. Doesnt really make sense to me.

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Dick played the hand he was dealt to the best of his ability. He knew that ONE stupid JP bonehead play, especially in the first half, would turn this game into a blowout. As it was, a stupid JP sack led to the missed field goal. It is a HUGE credit to him that we stayed in the game as long as we did.

The ultra conservative, field position type game plan was the only way to play this game to have a chance. Dick did a good job. You haters don't know wtf you are talking about.Agreed.

He's got the job to turn Chicken **** into chicken salad.

patmoran2006
11-12-2006, 03:56 PM
If he KNOWS it only takes one bonhead play from Losman, and the KNOWS that Losman will make that play, and he COACHES exclusively to prevent it.. Then he has the wrong quarterback.

Ebenezer
11-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Agreed.

He's got the job to turn Chicken **** into chicken salad.
OMG..I agree with DD and EE on the same day in the same thread. Lindell kicks that FG and IF they win then nobody *****es (except BillsFever and Mr. Cynical).

HHURRICANE
11-12-2006, 04:04 PM

The ultra conservative, field position type game plan was the only way to play this game to have a chance. Dick did a good job. You haters don't know wtf you are talking about.

Dick is so smart that he calls a play with a TE blocking a perrenial sacker. That 5 yards was the difference and cost us the game!!!

YardRat
11-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Lindell should've made the kick...that's what he gets paid to do.

Akhippo
11-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Agreed. You dont put a tightend in to block Freeney. Lineman whos job it is to block have a hard time blocking him. Dumb play selection.

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm sure the play wasn't designed to have the TE blocking Freeney. The D formation dictated it. Like I said, call a time out, call an audible or keep the RB in to protect. That fault doesn't fall on Dick.
The head coach's game plan was fantastic.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm sure the play wasn't designed to have the TE blocking Freeney. The D formation dictated it. Like I said, call a time out, call an audible or keep the RB in to protect. That fault doesn't fall on Dick.
The head coach's game plan was fantastic.

Who does it fall on?!

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Who does it fall on?!Hmmm...do you see Manning pointing these things out at the line?

HHURRICANE
11-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Hmmm...do you see Manning pointing these things out at the line?

Whe did JP start calling his own plays?! I missed that.

GFLuNEEDit
11-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Jauron has a tough road to hoe with the Bills.

On offense they have one player...evans...thats it...one player

Plus Jauron hasn't aged well at all and looks like a funeral home embalmer.

So it's not easy for him.

ParanoidAndroid
11-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Who does it fall on?!

It's up to the O-line and the QB to make the adjustment and it's also up to Royal to at least hit his man.
Is Jauron supposed to call time out every time the defense shifts or comes with a different look?

Ron Burgundy
11-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Whe did JP start calling his own plays?! I missed that.

All quarterbacks audible, based on the situation and the coverage they see.

Decent quarterbacks do it when they spot a mismatch.

We don't have a decent quarterback.

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 05:42 PM

I remember a huge controversy when RJ told a reporter he couldn't audible. Wade hadn't put in any plays and didn't want Rob checking out of the playcall.

I haven't seen JP audible all season (maybe but I don't remember it).

Why isn't it a big controversy this time?

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 05:43 PM

learning to spot mismatches is something you do through experience

I remember a huge controversy when RJ told a reporter he couldn't audible. Wade hadn't put in any plays and didn't want Rob checking out of the playcall.

I haven't seen JP audible all season (maybe but I don't remember it).

Why isn't it a big controversy this time?<!-- / message -->it's been brought up a few times by some of us

madness
11-12-2006, 05:45 PM
You haters don't know wtf you are talking about.

ding, ding, ding, ding!

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 05:46 PM
learning to spot mismatches is something you do through experience

it's been brought up a few times by some of us3 years of mismatches blowing through and kicking his ass isn't enough?

I'm watching Leinart again. He's making mistakes- but he's also making some plays.

I see him learning & improving each week.

Phil- any improvement- anything??????? SHOW ME SOMETHING !!!!!!

Devin
11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
3 years of mismatches blowing through and kicking his ass isn't enough?

I'm watching Leinart again. He's making mistakes- but he's also making some plays.

:bf1:

How bout that Rivers kid.....wonder how many years he will need. Hes only had what about 9 games?

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 05:49 PM

:popcorn:

madness
11-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes, let's let JP loose on one of the league's best pass defenses. This game would have been 55-0 if that had happened.

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Yes, let's let JP loose on one of the league's best pass defenses. This game would have been 55-0 if that had happened.
In all fairness- the Colt pass defense statistical ranking is solely based upon their horrid run defense.

The 1977 Bills, 2-14...had the #1 ranked pass defense in the league- mainly because no one needed to pass on them. Their run defense was dismal.

madness
11-12-2006, 05:59 PM
In all fairness- the Colt pass defense statistical ranking is solely based upon their horrid run defense.

The 1977 Bills, 2-14...had the #1 ranked pass defense in the league- mainly because no one needed to pass on them. Their run defense was dismal.

And the Colts record is.....

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 06:00 PM

Phil- any improvement- anything??????? SHOW ME SOMETHING !!!!!!we aren't gonna see much, if any, improvement until the coaches let loose the reins some more
As far as Leinart..refresh my memory....didn't he come from a college with a Pro-style offense? Doesn't he have a pair of Pro Bowl caliber WRs? Doesn't he have a perennial Pro Bowler at RB? If he had any more talent surrounding him, he'd be re-living Big Ben's rookie year

:bf1:

How bout that Rivers kid.....wonder how many years he will need. Hes only had what about 9 games?and how much talent does he have surrounding him?

Fact is...if you have talent around you, it's gonna help you develop in the NFL quicker than someone with little help...and if you were already playing pro style ball throughout college...that'll help as well

Earthquake Enyart
11-12-2006, 06:23 PM

I think this was the first time in what, 40 years of watching Bills football :ee: that I was happy to see drawplays on 3rd and 15.