• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I am sick of this BS excuse for a coaching staff

The overall game plan was good, but there were a LOT of stupid mistakes.

First, at the end of the first drive when no one blocked June on that running play.
    Second, before Lindell's missed FG- WHY THE **** DID YOU LET JP THROW IT AND WHY WAS ROYAL ON FREENEY? That mistake cost us the lead and maybe the game.
    Third, they never took a shot down the middle of the field at Indy's second string safety.

And most importantly, they tried to stop Indy's run and rush Manning with our pathetic front four. It was a joke. They got beat by that same stretch run play all game, and while there was no deep ball for Indy, the underneath stuff was open all day long. Buffalo made no adjustments- on every play, Indy just waited for the defenders to go by then dumped off for a short pass or ran a delayed draw.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: I am sick of this BS excuse for a coaching staff

Everytime the Bills went into a nickle formation, I cringed.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

They held Indy to 17 points...I have absolutely no problem with the gameplan or the play of the defense in this game.

Incredible coaching, and incredible effort by the defense, IMO.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
        • Jun 2003

The defensive game plan was solid...great even.

Fairchild has to understand that after 2 good runs there going to stack the box. You're throwing away a down by running it. Roll JP out or something along those line. Royal on Freeney did lose us the game..not sure what the thinking is with that.
        www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
          They held Indy to 17 points...I have absolutely no problem with the gameplan or the play of the defense in this game.

Incredible coaching, and incredible effort by the defense, IMO.
          incredible effort by the D- better coaching might have won it. Buffalo did NOTHING to adjust to their delayed runs all game, and continued to rely on the front 4 against the run despite being beaten consistently. Again, the overall game plan was good- the in-game calling and adjustments were horrid.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ZacGriffi~82
            The defensive game plan was solid...great even.

Fairchild has to understand that after 2 good runs there going to stack the box. You're throwing away a down by running it. Roll JP out or something along those line. Royal on Freeney did lose us the game..not sure what the thinking is with that.
            the game plan was solid- the adjustments and in game calling weren't.

If Royal didn't give up the sack, Lindell would have made the field goal. Royal never should have been on Freeney. And you say running is a wasted down- you're wrong in that situation. It protects us from a sack and keeps us in FG range. Given the way our OL has played, the fear of a sack should have been considered in the playcalling and it wasn't.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

The coaching staff looks more confused out there than our players. It's a little worrisome.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Jauron, Fewell, April and even Tyke Tolbert are very good coaches. I will get bashed for saying this, even McNally is a pretty damn good coach. We stood toe to toe, with arguably the best team in the AFC, let alone the NFL. Furthermore, the only piece of the puzzle, that I see missing, is offense. It seems like we cant get much going, our defense is constantly out on the field. It's really hard to watch our Defense and ST's ( McGee..) bust their asses and make HUGE plays, just to see nothing happen. I applaud them for that, and I give Bobby April and Perry Fewell pats on the back for keeping their players motivated.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  The overall game plan was good, but there were a LOT of stupid mistakes.

First, at the end of the first drive when no one blocked June on that running play.
                  Second, before Lindell's missed FG- WHY THE **** DID YOU LET JP THROW IT AND WHY WAS ROYAL ON FREENEY? That mistake cost us the lead and maybe the game.
                  Third, they never took a shot down the middle of the field at Indy's second string safety.

And most importantly, they tried to stop Indy's run and rush Manning with our pathetic front four. It was a joke. They got beat by that same stretch run play all game, and while there was no deep ball for Indy, the underneath stuff was open all day long. Buffalo made no adjustments- on every play, Indy just waited for the defenders to go by then dumped off for a short pass or ran a delayed draw.
                  Dude, do you realize how quick Manning gets the ball out?? Schobel and Kelsay were BUSTING their asses man, to no end. Very similar to what the Jet's did to us, if you dont remember. Pennington would dump the ball off, and not allow our DE's time to get to him. Obviously, Indy did something very similar.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

oh I should have mentioned that April is exempt from this rant- he did an excellent job today.

The rest of them did a great job until kickoff and then went to **** once the game started.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                      • Jun 2003

If Royal didn't give up the sack, Lindell would have made the field goal. Royal never should have been on Freeney. And you say running is a wasted down- you're wrong in that situation. It protects us from a sack and keeps us in FG range. Given the way our OL has played, the fear of a sack should have been considered in the playcalling and it wasn't.
                      I wasn't talking about that situation. The two successful runs, then having the third stuffed has happened all year.
                      www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        Jauron, Fewell, April and even Tyke Tolbert are very good coaches. I will get bashed for saying this, even McNally is a pretty damn good coach. We stood toe to toe, with arguably the best team in the AFC, let alone the NFL. Furthermore, the only piece of the puzzle, that I see missing, is offense. It seems like we cant get much going, our defense is constantly out on the field. It's really hard to watch our Defense and ST's ( McGee..) bust their asses and make HUGE plays, just to see nothing happen. I applaud them for that, and I give Bobby April and Perry Fewell pats on the back for keeping their players motivated.
                        Excuses are for losers. We are losers. PERIOD. If our D is so good than get us the ball back with over 6 minutes left in the game. You don't need peyton Manning when your team is running for over 5.5 yards a carry. I'm so sick of hearing our great our D is. WE LOST THE GAME!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          Dude, do you realize how quick Manning gets the ball out?? Schobel and Kelsay were BUSTING their asses man, to no end. Very similar to what the Jet's did to us, if you dont remember. Pennington would dump the ball off, and not allow our DE's time to get to him. Obviously, Indy did something very similar.
                          so have the DT's collapse the pocket better (oh right- they can't) and leave some LB help in the middle to interfere with those short routes. Throw in a blitz on occasion to confuse/get more pressure. Don't just sit there and give them the same **** all game- do SOMETHING.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

One could argue that the QB should've recognized the mis-match when reading the defense and audibled to a different play.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                              One could argue that the QB should've recognized the mis-match when reading the defense and audibled to a different play.
                              Damn that JP that we are still in Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                              X