PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron Thinks Losman Sucks Too!

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Here is a Dick Jauron quote:

13 Attempts

We all know actions speak louder than words. I wonder what his explanation will be?

He clearly has 0 confidence in JP.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 04:33 PM

We all know actions speak louder than words. I wonder what his explanation will be?

Let me try saying this again (and God knows I've said it enough times today)
JAURON DOESN'T CALL THE PLAYS!!

lordofgun
11-12-2006, 04:34 PM
But he presumably has a say in the game plan.

YardRat
11-12-2006, 04:35 PM

Is it safe to assume that you have the perception that the head coach has zero input into the offensive and defensive gameplans in the week leading up to a game?

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 04:36 PM

Exactly! My owner at my work doesn't tell me what to do on a daily basis, but if I don't do my job...he ultimately is the one who will let me go.

Bling
11-12-2006, 04:36 PM

He went 15 last week. Obviously Jauron doesn't have trust in Losman, or he would've told the OC to give him more attempts. Instead they decreased the attempts.

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 04:37 PM

I forgot he just holds the pom-poms.

Inetpub
11-12-2006, 04:37 PM
No but he calls the schemes that they want to run. Either passing or running. In the last 2 weeks, its been ALL running. Less JP.

Its getting to a point where JP is non-existent now. Wait till they bring in another QB.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Is it safe to assume that you have the perception that the head coach has zero input into the offensive and defensive gameplans in the week leading up to a game?
zero? no...but he lets his position coaches and coordinators do their jobs with minimal interference

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 04:42 PM
zero? no...but he lets his position coaches and coordinators do their jobs with minimal interference

Not to state the obvious, but....how do you know? You aren't in the meetings, on the headsets or on the sidelines.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Not to state the obvious, but....how do you know? You aren't in the meetings, on the headsets or on the sidelines.
it's called reading ability....it's been stated a few times since we hired Jauron....and no, I don't have a link...I just remember reading it

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 04:45 PM

Yeah, that's working real well right now.

Bling
11-12-2006, 04:45 PM
it's called reading ability....it's been stated a few times since we hired Jauron....and no, I don't have a link...I just remember reading it

Then why does the HC get the big bucks? Why not just get rid of it?

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
No, its obvious Fairchild has no confidence in JP.

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
You are drastically underestimating his role.

Besides, your argument is pointless, change the name to Fairchild and the implication is the same. The coaching staff knows JP sucks.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, that's working real well right now.
if the position coaches and coordinators are doing their jobs correctly, it's a great way of doing things...if they aren't, it's a mess...like now

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 04:48 PM
if the position coaches and coordinators are doing their jobs correctly, it's a great way of doing things...if they aren't, it's a mess...like now

Thus, this is where Dickey needs to step in and earn his paycheck...case closed.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Thus, this is where Dickey needs to step in and earn his paycheck...case closed.
that much I'll agree with...he shouldn't feel he needs to look over their shoulders 24/7...but they do need some more guidance

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 04:52 PM

Every HC has a different style but one thing is for certain - the HC's ass is on the line when it comes to W-L column. If the offense/defense/ST are sucking wind I have no problem or doubts saying he (the HC) gets involved in a big way. Reason being that if he doesn't, then he's just a spectator hoping the ship will right itself. Maybe that is what Dick is doing - I don't know - but either way the team's a mess.

So either a) he is not getting involved and isn't doing his job by making the necessary changes, or b) he is getting involved and is making the wrong decisions.

Either way that means Dick sucks.

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 04:54 PM

Well if you wan't to believe everything you read in the media that's up to you.

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM

It been that time since Day 1. The team was a mess before and is still a mess.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Well if you wan't to believe everything you read in the media that's up to you.
I don't believe everything I read...but when it comes from the mouths of people like Marv Levy (this was one of the things he brought up when he hired him), I tend to find it believable.

GFLuNEEDit
11-12-2006, 05:00 PM

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">13 Attempts </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

Yeah
That is on the mark and hard to escape for anyone thinking that the Bills have confidence in Losman.
<!-- / message -->

LtBillsFan66
11-12-2006, 05:01 PM
If Losman was able to complete passes on 3rd down, maybe he'd have more attempts in the new series.

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't believe everything I read...but when it comes from the mouths of people like Marv Levy (this was one of the things he brought up when he hired him), I tend to find it believable.

Again, your call. Personally I believe about 15% of what I hear in the media regardless of the source because so many factors come into play. It's just like politics. And in Marv's case, he may have "believed" this to be what would happen when he hired Dick, but he doesn't have a crystal ball. So I'm not saying he was lying (although most people spin no matter what), but he could have been mistaken.

Either way actions speak louder than words.

GFLuNEEDit
11-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by The_Philster

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
You are drastically underestimating his role.

Besides, your argument is pointless, change the name to Fairchild and the implication is the same. The coaching staff knows JP sucks.

You shouldn't need to spell that out.
But I guess you had to.
And again it was right on the mark.<!-- / message -->

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by The_Philster
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You should need to spell that out.
But I guess you had to.
And again it was right on the mark.<!-- / message -->
Deflection seems to be a popular tactic.

Imagine what the defense and special teams players are thinking right now. You think Clements wants to come back to this disaster? Not even if we offered him more money. That goes for the rest of the players that will be free agents at the end of the year.

odin
11-12-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm think he has plenty of confidence in JP.. the OL would be a another story though.

Devin
11-12-2006, 05:26 PM

Dont go clouding the issue with facts.

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm think he has plenty of confidence in JP.. the OL would be a another story though.
Really? What part of the game plan suggested that?

All the roll outs? The moving pockets? Bootlegs? That's how you minimize a pass rush and buy some extra time for the QB. JP's mobile, he can do it.

But that didn't happen.

The coaches didn't want the ball in JP's hands.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 05:31 PM
overall game plan, yeah...and what was the smart thing to do? I'd think it would be to control the clock on offense with the run game and limit Manning's chances with the ball. I find it hard to believe that Jauron did anything like telling Fairchild to let JP have a pass play only 17 times

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 05:32 PM

All the roll outs? The moving pockets? Bootlegs? That's how you minimize a pass rush and buy some extra time for the QB. JP's mobile, he can do it.

But that didn't happen.

they haven't worked with moving pockets and rollouts much at all this year...they're trying to keep him inside a normal pocket as much as possible (of course a normal pocket would give him time...)

madness
11-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Phil's right, it's been known around the league Jauron trusts his coordinators to call the plays. Heck the man even said it himself on numberous occasions in his career.

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 05:36 PM
they haven't worked with moving pockets and rollouts much at all this year...they're trying to keep him inside a normal pocket as much as possible (of course a normal pocket would give him time...)
And when the O line can't make a pocket you resort to those things listed above.

But we don't do that.

We choose to run. And run. And run. And punt.

Because we trust our QB so much.

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Phil's right, it's been known around the league Jauron trusts his coordinators to call the plays. Heck the man even said it himself on numberous occasions in his career.
Holy crap! Fine!

Change the title of the thread to "Fairchild", or "The Coaching Staff", it doesn't negate the point. It's a false argument.

They DON'T trust him.

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 05:40 PM

:movie:

Ron Burgundy
11-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Holy crap! Fine!

Change the title of the thread to "Fairchild", or "The Coaching Staff", it doesn't negate the point. It's a false argument.

They DON'T trust him.

:rofl:

The_Philster
And when the O line can't make a pocket you resort to those things listed above. that would make sense

But we don't do that.

We choose to run. And run. And run. And punt.

Because we trust our QB so much.and that is a problem. I can understand them reining him in after the Bears game...but they need to start letting loose on the reins a little more. If they wanna develop him into the QB of the future that we've been in need of for a decade, then they have to let him play. I'm not saying let him do everything right away...they let up too fast already and it blew up in our faces. But now they're letting up too slowly

TigerJ

(13 pass attempts)

Indianapolis came into the game today with the worst run defense in the league. Buffalo obviously did not want to get caught in a shootout with the Colts, which would have been strategic suicide. Buffalo has truly pathetic pass protection and the Colts have very dangerous defensive ends (despite Dwight Freeney's relative lack of production this year. All in all, I'd say it was pretty smart for the Bills to only attempt 13 passes in the Colts game.

madness
If they didn't trust him, he wouldn't even be lining up under center.

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 05:43 PM
What is with all the ranting on all the coaches.. Please be more specific, which coaches do you guys think arent doing their jobs? I think Jauron, Fewell and April have done just fine. I am not thrilled about Fairchilds playcalling, however.

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 05:44 PM
What is with all the ranting on all the coaches.. Please be more specific, which coaches do you guys think arent doing their jobs? I think Jauron, Fewell and April have done just fine. I am not thrilled about Fairchilds playcalling, however.

Here's an example...Jauron doesn't know how to manage timeouts. That was a huge factor in the game today.

odin
11-12-2006, 05:45 PM

But that didn't happen.

The part of the game plan that said we were playing the Colts, the most explosive offense in the league. I don't think airing it out with this OL would be a great idea.

madness
11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Indianapolis came into the game today with the worst run defense in the league. Buffalo obviously did not want to get caught in a shootout with the Colts, which would have been strategic suicide. Buffalo has truly pathetic pass protection and the Colts have very dangerous defensive ends (despite Dwight Freeney's relative lack of production this year. All in all, I'd say it was pretty smart for the Bills to only attempt 13 passes in the Colts game.

People also are oblivious to the fact the Colts have a top 5 pass defense. :shakeno:

Top 5 pass defense and league worse rush defense... and Jauron limits JP. Go figure.

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 05:49 PM
that would make sense

and that is a problem. I can understand them reining him in after the Bears game...but they need to start letting loose on the reins a little more. If they wanna develop him into the QB of the future that we've been in need of for a decade, then they have to let him play. I'm not saying let him do everything right away...they let up too fast already and it blew up in our faces. But now they're letting up too slowly
That's my point. If you "want to find out what you've got" as so many Losman supporters repeat. Then let him try to be the gunslinger you thought he was.

Unless, the coaches don't trust him to even do that.

They don't.

They proved it today.

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 05:51 PM
:popcorn:

jimmifli
11-12-2006, 05:53 PM
The gameplan definately called for a heavy dose of running plays. But this went beyond normal gameplanning.

A 3 to 1 Run/Pass ratio is pretty extreme.

Hell, a 2 to 1 is rare. I can't think of the last Bills game with a ratio like this.

This wasn't just the opponent. Look at last weeks game.

The coaches don't trust JP.

Earthquake Enyart
11-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I agree with the original premise of the thread.

I don't care what the down and distance is. I would rather run for 2 yards than go back to pass and get sacked and fumble and lose the game.

He had 13 attempts and was sacked about 4 times?

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 06:43 PM
MEMO

To: The idiot coaching staff

JP IS NOT A POCKET PASSER. STOP TRYING TO MAKE HIM INTO ONE.

Regards,

Mr. C

Ron Burgundy
11-12-2006, 07:31 PM
MEMO

To: The coaching staff

JP IS NOT A STARTING QUALITY QUARTERBACK. STOP TRYING TO MAKE HIM INTO ONE.

Regards,

Ron Burgundy

Word.

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Here's an example...Jauron doesn't know how to manage timeouts. That was a huge factor in the game today.

In all honesty.. The timeouts didnt matter too much. Even if we got the ball back, our offense probably wouldnt have done ****. But, I get your point.

YardRat
11-12-2006, 07:39 PM
It really doesn't matter the rest of the year WHAT the coaches do with JP.

They keep him under wraps, he doesn't turn the ball over, and we lose a close game. If we get lucky and the defense or special teams score, we MIGHT have a shot at winning, but only IF.

They unleash him a little bit, he becomes a turnover machine, and we end up getting beat by inferior teams or blown out by better ones.

In the long run, the results are still the same...A loss.

Go ahead and un-wrap his ass and really see if his 'enormous physical talent' can actually add anything to the offense other than fumbles or interceptions. Maybe JP should grow a set and go to Jauron and tell him "let me play my game. If I succeed, great. If I fail, cut me."

Put up or shut up.

Bill Cody
11-12-2006, 08:32 PM
MEMO

To: The idiot coaching staff

JP IS NOT A POCKET PASSER. STOP TRYING TO MAKE HIM INTO ONE.

Regards,

Mr. C

Let's take it one step further, shall we? He's not an NFL QB.

Kerr
11-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Gameplan was to run on indy because they can be run on as evidence of a-trains 100 yd rushing game. Count in time of possession by indy, the passing attempts are more limited for jp.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2006, 08:44 PM
I agree with the original premise of the thread.

I don't care what the down and distance is. I would rather run for 2 yards than go back to pass and get sacked and fumble and lose the game.

He had 13 attempts and was sacked about 4 times?

What's your point. TODAY NONE OF THOSE SACKS WERE ON HIM!! NONE! Rewatch the ganme if your eyesight isn't that good.

Did you miss Royal trying to block Freeney - SACK. Or Pennington and Shelton looking at eachother after their blown coverage. Or Peters pushing the rusher to the outside, and JP making a heads up move to step up and avoid it, only to walk right into Gandy's blown block.

I'm really tired of the stupid posts around here.

GFLuNEEDit
11-12-2006, 10:25 PM
What is with all the ranting on all the coaches.. Please be more specific
I think he has made some mistakes . But it's not like Jauron is a total f*** up.
He does look like an embalmer more than a coach.

Inetpub
11-12-2006, 10:44 PM

You seriously have to be STUPID not to realize Jauron is the HEAD COACH. As a HEAD COACH, he has FINAL say. His job is to control everything. Make the right scheme choices and make sure his coaches are calling the right plays. Its not like the Playbook was only Fairchild's idea. It goes through Jauron! Sure Fairchild has reigns on the Offense but as the HEAD COACH, Jauron runs the show. Offense, Defense, Special Teams. Jauron is the man!

Dont doubt the man and his schemes. Hes slowly making JP non-existent for good reasons!

BillsFever21
11-13-2006, 02:47 AM
So for the first 6 games when Losman was passing 32 times a game while McGahee had about 14 carries does that mean they think McGahee sucks too? And now all of a sudden when McGahee gets injured they start running the ball to death. That's gotta be it with this reasoning.

The answer to both is NO. Jauron and Fairchild sucks. They can't run a balanced attack. The only game we had a balanced attack in was against the Jets and we put up almost 500 yards of offense.

jimmifli
11-13-2006, 06:40 AM
So for the first 6 games when Losman was passing 32 times a game while McGahee had about 14 carries does that mean they think McGahee sucks too? And now all of a sudden when McGahee gets injured they start running the ball to death. That's gotta be it with this reasoning.

The answer to both is NO. Jauron and Fairchild sucks. They can't run a balanced attack. The only game we had a balanced attack in was against the Jets and we put up almost 500 yards of offense.
A 2 to 1 ratio is a little lopsided. But when trailing, the pass is usually favoured and 2 to 1 isn't outside of the realm of ordinary.

This was 3 to 1, with only 13 attempts. That's extreme. It sends a message to the players too.

Earthquake Enyart
11-13-2006, 07:26 AM
What's your point. TODAY NONE OF THOSE SACKS WERE ON HIM!! NONE! Rewatch the ganme if your eyesight isn't that good.

Did you miss Royal trying to block Freeney - SACK. Or Pennington and Shelton looking at eachother after their blown coverage. Or Peters pushing the rusher to the outside, and JP making a heads up move to step up and avoid it, only to walk right into Gandy's blown block.

I'm really tired of the stupid posts around here.
I'm tired of stupid posts too.

It doesn't matter whose fault it is. We can't run a drop back passing play due to both poor line play and poor QBing. Too much risk for way too little reward.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm tired of stupid posts too.

It doesn't matter whose fault it is. We can't run a drop back passing play due to both poor line play and poor QBing. Too much risk for way too little reward.

That's crazy to say both when the QB is relying on the line to protect. How can you get in any kind of rythm? David Carr has suffered the exact same fate in Houston.

jimmifli
11-13-2006, 10:25 AM
That's crazy to say both when the QB is relying on the line to protect. How can you get in any kind of rythm? David Carr has suffered the exact same fate in Houston.
If the coaching staff trusted JP but didn't trust the line, they'd roll him out, use moving pockets and bootlegs etc....

But they don't do that. Because they don't want the ball in his hands.