PDA

View Full Version : Can't Ignore Upgrading The OL Any Longer

Night Train
11-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Marv and Jauron decided to work heavily on the D this past off-season, their first with the team.

Now it's time to go crazy with high picks on the OL. Outside of the Jets Ferguson, this past draft wasn't very deep with top tackles or guards. This coming draft is stronger and we need 2 new starting guards, without question. A top OT in round 1 wouldn't draw boos.

Free Agency may be the place to find various Vets but no more fringe guys who can't play OL. Bennie Anderson, Reyes, Chris V. - I'm tired of these failures. Let's find some monster, nasty destroyers and cure our most obvious need.

Whether it's in March FA or Draft day, make the effort to find real OL talent immediately.

ParanoidAndroid
11-12-2006, 05:56 PM
At least this staff realized something needed to be done and are doing some experimenting. That is much more encouraging than the last 6 years when the excuse was "they just need time to gel" year in and year out and absolutely nothing was done.
It at least gives me hope that they will seek to improve the line through FA and the draft.

TigerJ
11-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Sign me up for this bandwagon. Fix the line, Marv!

Billsrock4life
11-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Sign me up for this bandwagon. Fix the line, Marv!

same thinking here

im4bflo
11-12-2006, 08:52 PM
O-LINE has been our downfall for years, it all starts in the trenchs, and if you're losing there, all the other weapons on the team are nullified.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Marv and Jauron decided to work heavily on the D this past off-season, their first with the team.

Now it's time to go crazy with high picks on the OL. Outside of the Jets Ferguson, this past draft wasn't very deep with top tackles or guards. This coming draft is stronger and we need 2 new starting guards, without question. A top OT in round 1 wouldn't draw boos.

Free Agency may be the place to find various Vets but no more fringe guys who can't play OL. Bennie Anderson, Reyes, Chris V. - I'm tired of these failures. Let's find some monster, nasty destroyers and cure our most obvious need.

Whether it's in March FA or Draft day, make the effort to find real OL talent immediately.

Thank God. Somebody with a brain!!!

bflojohn
11-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I'll say this ALL the way up to draft day.... Jake Long, OLT, Michigan in round one and maybe Kyle Young, C, Fresno State in round two! I wouldn't blink if it was Sam Baker, Levi Brown, or Joe Thomas either in round one! There are 4 or 5 Quality OLT's in this drafts' first round, IMO. I just like Jake Long, as he reminds me of Jumbo Elliott in his prime. He will anchor a line for 10 to 12 years!!

YardRat
11-12-2006, 09:01 PM
You don't NEED to take an offensive lineman in the first round...you just need to get a player when he's available.

Night Train
11-13-2006, 05:09 AM
Thank God. Somebody with a brain!!!

Not sharing. I secured a copyright.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-13-2006, 06:01 AM
logic says you cant ignore the o-line any more.

Logic.

The Buffalo BIlls.

the two dont mesh.

Draft a DB... that'll show em! HA HA HA HA HA

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-13-2006, 06:02 AM
I'll say this ALL the way up to draft day.... Jake Long, OLT, Michigan in round one and maybe Kyle Young, C, Fresno State in round two! I wouldn't blink if it was Sam Baker, Levi Brown, or Joe Thomas either in round one! There are 4 or 5 Quality OLT's in this drafts' first round, IMO. I just like Jake Long, as he reminds me of Jumbo Elliott in his prime. He will anchor a line for 10 to 12 years!!

sort of like Robert Gallery? He sucks too :)

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 06:12 AM

Lets see, The jets used two firsts on the OL, Us on the DL. Who is doing better right now? Hummmm.....

X-Era
11-13-2006, 07:06 AM

To be honest I dont want to start any newbies next year. Pennington showed us today what that can look like.

We have 30 mil under next year, SPEND IT!!!!

Thats more than enough to fix the trenches. Peters can stay, Gandy is playing OK at LG maybe move him to RG. Sign Eric Steinbach, Fowler is OK. Sign Max Starks.

Yes draft o-lineman too, but dont be in a situation where they need to start day one.

alohabillsfan
11-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Lets see, The jets used two firsts on the OL, Us on the DL. Who is doing better right now? Hummmm.....

They have an NFL QB!

alohabillsfan
11-13-2006, 09:43 AM
To be honest I dont want to start any newbies next year. Pennington showed us today what that can look like.

We have 30 mil under next year, SPEND IT!!!!

Thats more than enough to fix the trenches. Peters can stay, Gandy is playing OK at LG maybe move him to RG. Sign Eric Steinbach, Fowler is OK. Sign Max Starks.

Yes draft o-lineman too, but dont be in a situation where they need to start day one.

Agree 100% Gandy is FA resign him? Steinbach Concur! Max Starks is RFA (I'm sure he will receive high tender RD1 compensation)