PDA

View Full Version : The Boards Most Optimistic Poster at the midway point

BILLSROCK1212
11-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Definetly The Philster........man, Phil you are a little to optimistic about this team, c'mon man dont you realize how much we are sucking at least Tackling Dummy is being a bit realistic lately

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 05:50 PM
:movie:

Mad Bomber
11-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Definetly The Philster........man, Phil you are a little to optimistic about this team, c'mon man dont you realize how much we are sucking at least Tackling Dummy is being a bit realistic lately
Sorry, man, but the words "Tackling Dummy" and "realistic" in the same sentence is just TOO funny....:roflmao:

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I think all those pom poms are going to his head

Night Train
11-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Grim Reaper - He's a Colts fan.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 06:05 PM
I realize it...I'm just not slitting my wrists and overreacting about the problems and placing blame where it doesn't belong.
I used to react with emotions instead of common sense after a Bills loss. For example, I was one of thousands at the stadium calling for Todd Collins to replace Kelly after Kelly threw 3 picks against the Fish in '96
I felt like a ****ing idiot by the time I got out to the car

X-Era

Yes, and the Earth is flat.

When did sanity take a vacation around here?

Dozerdog
Collins for Kelly?

You earned the title

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Collins for Kelly?

You earned the title
Hey....I was relatively new to the game and we had just won a few games with Collins at the helm :idunno:

Mad Bomber
11-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey....I was relatively new to the game and we had just won a few games with Collins at the helm :idunno:

Todd Collins...the second coming of Joe Dufek....

don137
11-12-2006, 06:16 PM
I realize it...I'm just not slitting my wrists and overreacting about the problems and placing blame where it doesn't belong.
I used to react with emotions instead of common sense after a Bills loss. For example, I was one of thousands at the stadium calling for Todd Collins to replace Kelly after Kelly threw 3 picks against the Fish in '96
I felt like a ****ing idiot by the time I got out to the car

Where does the blame go? The team is 3-6 and not showing any signs of improvement. While I respect your intent at looking at the positive. The fact is there is not a lot to be positive about. There comes a time when someone needs to be accountable. Reality is the Bills are a few years away from being good.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Where does the blame go? it gets spread around...goes to the right people instead of all on the QB or all on the head coach, for example. People react out of emotion on the day of the game so often....without thinking things through. Certain people have a personal hatred of JP, so they'll give him blame for every sack...others won't give him blame for any. On today's sacks, for example...I think he had just enough time to get rid of the ball on 1 of them...possibly even a 2nd one...though the sack by McFarland is questionable

BILLSROCK1212
11-12-2006, 06:25 PM
hey I give Phil some credit he is prob one of the biggest Bills fans on the board with nearly 50,000 posts and hey is very optimistic i nvr said it was a bad thing

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 06:27 PM
hey I give Phil some credit he is prob one of the biggest Bills fans on the board with nearly 50,000 posts and hey is very optimistic i nvr said it was a bad thing
I can be negative though...believe me...I just see so much negativity of late, I get sickened by it...and don't need to add to it

don137
11-12-2006, 06:30 PM
it gets spread around...goes to the right people instead of all on the QB or all on the head coach, for example. People react out of emotion on the day of the game so often....without thinking things through. Certain people have a personal hatred of JP, so they'll give him blame for every sack...others won't give him blame for any. On today's sacks, for example...I think he had just enough time to get rid of the ball on 1 of them...possibly even a 2nd one...though the sack by McFarland is questionable

I agree completely that the blame should not go on Losman or just the head coach but if look at there season but IMO 80% of the problem falls mostly on the line, bad play calling and the fact that Losman locks onto one receiver, holds on to the ball and fumbles a lot.
Losman does not deserve much blame in this loss. I thought he did pretty well when he was asked to pass the ball. It seems though that when the Bills lose the blame usually falls upon the shoulders of the QB, OL or coaching or some combination of them.
The TE's deserve there fair share of the blame in this game thought betwenn bad penalties, not picking up a block or not making the critical catch.

ParanoidAndroid
11-12-2006, 06:34 PM
A play can easily be seen as a bad call if it isn't executed right.

TacklingDummy
11-12-2006, 06:45 PM
This team could be 7-2 with a winner at QB.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 06:46 PM
takes a lot more than a QB

TacklingDummy
11-12-2006, 06:50 PM

No, actually it don't.

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 06:50 PM

As much as I now believe JP is a bust, I don't agree with you on this one. This team is rancid from top to bottom and even with Manning I think we would be maybe 5-4...but even that's a stretch.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 06:53 PM
No, actually it don't.
in the NFL it does...there's 11 guys on offense, 11 on defense...the QB can't fill every position...we've got considerable holes that still need filled. Anyone watching the games can see that

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Todd Collins...the second coming of Joe Dufek....
JP Losman- the third coming of Joe Dufek
http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/04/9c/72_2.JPG

TacklingDummy
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
in the NFL it does...there's 11 guys on offense, 11 on defense...the QB can't fill every position...we've got considerable holes that still need filled. Anyone watching the games can see that

The rest of the Bills have played well enough for this team to have more then 3 wins. With no help at all out of the QB position.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 07:08 PM
more than 3, probably...but 7?:lol:

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes, and the Earth is flat.

When did sanity take a vacation around here?

Yes, your right. Earthquake Enyart is fat. :D j/p

But I agree with you man.. Give it a couple hours for people to cool down, then you will start seeing more logic.. Emotion often gets the best of us. To be frank, its hard to show any emotions during the game, especially while watching our offense. It's like dejavu each week.

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 07:43 PM

i hope the Secret Santa gets you a new pair of horse blinders.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 07:44 PM
i hope the Secret Santa gets you a new pair of horse blinders.
I'm not the one who thinks the QB is the only problem :rolleyes:

I actually watched the game....sober, even

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm not the one who thinks the QB is the only problem :rolleyes:

I actually watched the game....sober, even

how is his progress progressing? :snicker:

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 07:48 PM

You are a very unique troll. In the sense that you bash fellow fans as well. :D

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 07:48 PM
read some of my posts...I've stated stuff repeatedly as it is

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 07:49 PM
You are a very unique troll. In the sense that you bash fellow fans as well. :D

:bravo:

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 07:50 PM
read some of my posts...I've stated stuff repeatedly as it is

same crap,eh?

TacklingDummy
11-12-2006, 07:50 PM
more than 3, probably...but 7?:lol:

Call me optimistic for thinking this team is alot better then 3-6.

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Call me optimistic for thinking this team is alot better then 3-6.

if we had a better QB,we would be better than 3-6.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 07:53 PM
but 7-2? C'mon, SAB.....I know you've got a personal grudge against JP...but be serious

TacklingDummy
11-12-2006, 07:54 PM

7-2 is not stretching it.

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 07:55 PM
JP Losman- the third coming of Joe Dufek
http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/04/9c/72_2.JPG

:bf1:

TacklingDummy
11-12-2006, 07:56 PM
but 7-2? C'mon, SAB.....I know you've got a personal grudge against JP...but be serious

Tell me, you don't think the Bills could of beat the Jets, NE, Lions, and the Colts if they had a QB that stepped up and made some plays?

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 07:57 PM

i didn't see anything about 7-2 to the post that i responded to so don't even go there.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Tell me, you don't think the Bills could of beat the Jets, NE, Lions, and the Colts if they had a QB that stepped up and made some plays?First of all..the phrase is could have..not could of..God that drives me nuts :fit:

Anyway, we could've beaten those teams even with JP...close games are games that can go either way depending on how a couple of plays work out. So maybe it isn't such a stretch to say we could've gone 7-2...but we could've possibly won those games with JP as well...at the same time, maybe we would've had a different QB in there and those same breaks went against us....and a few breaks went against us against the Vikes as well...and we're 2-7 instead of 3-6. There's no way of knowing for sure.

Listen, we're all frustrated that JP isn't playing great yet...(some people to the point that they want him dead or seriously injured...and that's sick)...but the fact of the matter is, he's our starting QB right now...and hoping he develops is the quickest and easiest way to success. If he turns out to be a bust, as some seem to hope he'll be, then we have to start over again...bring in a vet QB and hope he does more for us than the last vet QB we brought in....or draft a QB and hope he develops (and without help, every QB WILL STRUGGLE). I'm tired of starting over :ill: We've been starting over for a decade now.

SABURZFAN
11-12-2006, 08:11 PM
First of all..the phrase is could have..not could of..God that drives me nuts :fit:

Anyway, we could've beaten those teams even with JP...close games are games that can go either way depending on how a couple of plays work out. So maybe it isn't such a stretch to say we could've gone 7-2...but we could've possibly won those games with JP as well...at the same time, maybe we would've had a different QB in there and those same breaks went against us....and a few breaks went against us against the Vikes as well...and we're 2-7 instead of 3-6. There's no way of knowing for sure.

Listen, we're all frustrated that JP isn't playing great yet...(some people to the point that they want him dead or seriously injured...and that's sick)...but the fact of the matter is, he's our starting QB right now...and hoping he develops is the quickest and easiest way to success. If he turns out to be a bust, as some seem to hope he'll be, then we have to start over again...bring in a vet QB and hope he does more for us than the last vet QB we brought in....or draft a QB and hope he develops (and without help, every QB WILL STRUGGLE). I'm tired of starting over :ill: We've been starting over for a decade now.

:yawn: