PDA

View Full Version : Man I wish we had Leinhart

X-Era
11-12-2006, 05:58 PM
I love it!

Frankly, I love how terrible he looks right now so that many of the silly-er posters here can enjoy a nice serving of crow.

Young QB's play young. Its a FACT.

Wonder how long it will take for Leinhart to look anything other than putrid.

I think his rating is something like 27.9 against the clowny Cowboys right now.

We are better off with who we have.

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 05:59 PM
I wish we had Leinart too! :up:

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Leinart = rookie.

JP = 3rd year vet.

End of story.

Devin
11-12-2006, 06:50 PM
We are better off with who we have.

albeit a weak one you had a point til you got here.

Lienart 3 years from now will be a legit, nfl starting calibur QB.

And he may even have more excuses to fail then JP, being he plays on the worst team in football.

He however, gets it.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 06:51 PM
albeit a weak one you had a point til you got here.

And he may even have more excuses to fail then JP, being he plays on the worst team in football.

He however, gets it.
he also has more experience playing in a pro-style offense than JP has...already

Novacane
11-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Whoopee! Lets cheer Leinart sucking. That makes me feel so much better about our sucky QB :dance: :rolleyes:

Devin
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
he also has more experience playing in a pro-style offense than JP has...already

Invalid argument.

Its college, pro-style will never be the same as pro at any amateur level.

Especially of all places USC, where 2-3 players on offense are better then all 11 players on defense.

JP's 3 years in the NFL trump any "pro-style" argument.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Invalid argument.

Its college, pro-style will never be the same as pro at any amateur level.

Especially of all places USC, where 2-3 players on offense are better then all 11 players on defense.

JP's 3 years in the NFL trump any "pro-style" argument.
I don't think it is invalid. Yes, Pro will always trump college...but Leinart learned more about being an NFL QB at USC than JP did at Tulane by far. Leinart started for more than a season at USC, too..so even if Tulane did run a comparable offense, Leinart still got the edge.
I just think the leap from USC to the NFL isn't nearly as big a leap as Tulane to the NFL has proven to be.

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 07:08 PM

And yet another excuse...

Novacane
11-12-2006, 07:11 PM

That's all you have when you suck (I'm talking about JP not you Phil)

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 07:11 PM
it's called a reason for the fact that Leinart seems to be adapting to the NFL more quickly than Losman.

Ramsey with the Jets isn't exactly lighting up the league either, is he? Losman only started at Tulane 1 year...after backing up Ramsey

Goobylal
11-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Give JP Leinart's WR's and he'd be tearing up the league.

Goobylal
11-12-2006, 07:14 PM
it's called a reason for the fact that Leinart seems to be adapting to the NFL more quickly than Losman.
You call what Leinart has done the past 3 games "adapting to the NFL?"

Crisis
11-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Give JP Leinart's WR's and he'd be tearing up the league.

He'd actually break 100 yards?

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
You call what Leinart has done the past 3 games "adapting to the NFL?"
I honestly haven't seen him play much...I was only guessing by the way some guys are gushing over him, that they're impressed by him for some reason :idunno:

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 07:16 PM

Ramsey with the Jets isn't exactly lighting up the league either, is he? Losman only started at Tulane 1 year...after backing up Ramsey

No, it means that there is a possibility that neither Ramsey or Losman is NFL caliber. I'm not saying they're not, just saying that at this point, neither one looks like an NFL QB. We will have to see at the end of this year how Losman progresses, but I'm not making excuses for him...he's been bad. Just as I'm making no excuses for the OL...they've been bad. Somehow, I think they are connected...I'm sure the OL would look better with a more competent QB back there and I'm sure JP would look better behind an All-Pro line.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 07:18 PM
No, it means that there is a possibility that neither Ramsey or Losman is NFL caliber. I'm not saying they're not, just saying that at this point, neither one looks like an NFL QB. We will have to see at the end of this year how Losman progresses, but I'm not making excuses for him...he's been bad. Just as I'm making no excuses for the OL...they've been bad. Somehow, I think they are connected...I'm sure the OL would look better with a more competent QB back there and I'm sure JP would look better behind an All-Pro line.
sounds like we agree more than you think.....and Tulane might be avoided by NFL teams looking for an NFL QB unless they make some changes there :D

Goobylal
11-12-2006, 07:18 PM
He'd actually break 100 yards?
Yeah, and he wouldn't be throwing 2 INT's a game.

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 07:19 PM
On the flip side, Vince Young looked pretty damn good today. :idunno:

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 07:19 PM
sounds like we agree more than you think.....and Tulane might be avoided by NFL teams looking for an NFL QB unless they make some changes there :D

I can tell you one thing...I don't ever want to see another Tulane QB drafted by the Bills! :surrender

Goobylal
11-12-2006, 07:21 PM
I honestly haven't seen him play much...I was only guessing by the way some guys are gushing over him, that they're impressed by him for some reason :idunno:
Oh, I thought you'd seen him play. I have and he's shockingly bad for a QB who came from a team that's virtually an NFL-caliber team, in the top program in the country, and with 3 years as the starter. Much less when you consider he has Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Johnson as his WR's, Edge as his RB, and Pope as his TE.

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Phil's an Enabler. If JP was an alcoholic Phil would say he drinks because "He's Thirsty"

Goobylal
11-12-2006, 07:22 PM
On the flip side, Vince Young looked pretty damn good today. :idunno:
That's because they're letting Vince Young be Vince Young. The Bills' coaches are foolishly telling him to stay in the pocket at all costs.

Nighthawk
11-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh, I thought you'd seen him play. I have and he's shockingly bad for a QB who came from a team that's virtually an NFL-caliber team, in the top program in the country, and with 3 years as the starter. Much less when you consider he has Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Johnson as his WR's, Edge as his RB, and Pope as his TE.

Don't forget how bad both Mannings were in their rookie years. However, they have become very good QB's in this league. I think Leinart will be very good.

Typ0
11-12-2006, 07:29 PM
the only think I wish is if our offense could score a TD.

Devin
11-12-2006, 07:45 PM
I don't think it is invalid. Yes, Pro will always trump college...but Leinart learned more about being an NFL QB at USC than JP did at Tulane by far. Leinart started for more than a season at USC, too..so even if Tulane did run a comparable offense, Leinart still got the edge.
I just think the leap from USC to the NFL isn't nearly as big a leap as Tulane to the NFL has proven to be.

JP had a few years in the actual NFL to catch up.

I know I know Phil....OL, coaching...etc etc.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 07:47 PM
JP had a few years in the actual NFL to catch up.

I know I know Phil....OL, coaching...etc etc.
stop talking to me as if I'm saying JP is where he should be as far as development...cause I 'm not :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 08:01 PM
JP = RJ.

Devin
11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
stop talking to me as if I'm saying JP is where he should be as far as development...cause I 'm not :rolleyes:

I wasnt, it was moreso aimed at all the excuses.

Look I agree, the OL needs improvement, and the playcalling at times is less then stellar.

However I believe those problems are sometimes magnified by JP's inept play. No he isnt horrible all the time, BUT his play in the first 3-4 games was not to bad he looked to be improving. Now I feel he is right back at square one.

JD
11-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Losman is a bust, we wont get anywhere with him.

He is NOT the answer.

Watch his play, HE STARES DOWN THE RECIEVER, THEN THROWS. Because of this, SOMEONE will get hurt by the end of the season. Hes basically setting them up to get rocked.

X-Era
11-13-2006, 07:09 AM

link?

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 07:50 AM
JP = RJ.
At least RJ made a play once or twice a game.

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 07:56 AM
link?
If this ******ed thread doesn't prove your lack of knowledge when it comes to quarterback I dont know what does.

There isn't a GM in the league, INCLUDING Levy would take J-Loss over Leinart now.. Not ONE (do you want a link for that too?)

Levy stuck with Losman this year because
A) His plan through draft #1 was to build the DEFENSE first.
B) Buffalo gave up a lot to get Losman, and Levy felt he should see what he's got as a starter.

The guy is a BUM.. You tighten the reigns on him and he's USELESS (btw, I love the way he almost fell over his own feet in 3rd quarter when he dropped back to pass on 3rd down, then underthrew Royal by about 8 yards in the red zone)

If you let him TRY To make plays he shoots himself in the foot, whether the protection sucks or not.

You like to talk about stats, yet you fail to mention Losman completes ONE FOURTH of his passes on 3rd downs, doesnt have a SINGLE touchdown and has been picked off four times.. Do you want his "red zone" stats to?

He's garbage.. It doesnt matter if you like it or not, because he's DONE after this year, if he even makes it through this year.