PDA

View Full Version : I went golfing today with Tony Kornheiser

don137
11-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Today a buddy and me went golfing with Tony Kornheiser. He was in Charlotte for the MNF game tomorrow. He is a very down to earth guy. We talked a lot about football and we talked about the Bills a lot. I asked him what he thought about the Bills and he said it will be tough for the to get marquee guys for them next year because no one really wants to go play there in there current state. He didn't think Jauron was the best guy for the job. He also does not think Losman has the mental strength to be an effective QB. I am not saying he is the expert of what is going on with the Bills but I couldn't really disagree with many of the things he had to say about the Bills.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 06:42 PM
How'd you manage that? Someone you know friends with him?

don137
11-12-2006, 06:49 PM
How'd you manage that? Someone you know friends with him?

No, just coincidence. We had a 8Am tee time. The maarshall asked us while we were at the putting green warming up if he could join us. He had a 1PM working lunch meeting to prepare for the game and I wanted to be done by 12:45 so I could be home in time to watch the Bills game.
He really loves football but for a sportwriter I don't think he knows much about other sports. He does not seem to be a fan of NASCAR and he asked me how the Sabres were doing this year. He actually was born in Binghamton. He hates to fly and is driving home to DC after the MNF game tomorrow.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Well that's really cool. Is he a good golfer :lol:
I think he's right on with his opinions of Jauron and JP.

Night Train
11-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I think he's out of his element on MNF but PTI is a great show.

I have caught him on PTI saying he knows very little about the Bills and zero about the Sabres, so I take his opinions on either team with a grain of salt.

Still, very cool you got to play with him. I find him very humorous.

don137
11-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Well that's really cool. Is he a good golfer :lol:
I think he's right on with his opinions of Jauron and JP.

It was very windy today with 25 mph winds. He said he is a 16 handicap. He shot a 44 on the front 9 and 50 on the back 9. I shot a 46 and a 44. Its tough playing in those winds.
Also, he hates the late time for the game. He wished they kicked off about 20-40minutes earlier. He said he is falling asleep in the 3rd quarter. He brought up a good point that who cares about appeasing the west coast. The rating don't count for them until 10PM (7 PCT) so why not start it earlier when the east coast fans could actually stay up and watch the game.

don137
11-12-2006, 07:06 PM
I think he's out of his element on MNF but PTI is a great show.

I have caught him on PTI saying he knows very little about the Bills and zero about the Sabres, so I take his opinions on either team with a grain of salt.

Still, very cool you got to play with him. I find him very humorous.

He admitted to me he knew squat about the Sabres. The thing I liked about him was he does not have an ego. If had an opinion he'd give it. If he didn't know much about something he didn't give a line of BS. He does have a good sense of humor even though he was getting a little cranky about the wind messing with his golf shots.
On a par three my tee shot went to the right of the green and he said "it went wide right." I yelled at him him not to use those words to a Bills fan. He got a good laugh and apologized and promised not to use those words again for the rest of the round.

LtFinFan66
11-12-2006, 07:07 PM
cool man :up:

YardRat
11-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Very cool.

BILLSROCK1212
11-12-2006, 08:40 PM
very lucky for u sounds like u had fun...

the only sports anchors that i recall meeting and actually watching them live in studio is Reese Davis and Kenny Mayne in the old sportscenter studio i think i also met Cara Capuano if any1 remembers her, the director of sportscenter by the way is a woman, not like anything is wrong with that i just thought it was cool that a woman was directing a sports show........

Reese and Kenny are both really kool guys but i just recall Cara being really impatient and once she was done she just ran out of the studio and didnt say high to any1

this was the day Ted Williams died by the way....the making of the sportscenter behind the scenes is really kool the guys who do the sound and everything are really nice and funny and the camera man was really nice to me...since i was only a kid then the camera man let me listen in on everything the director was saying and everything else really cool stuff