PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: If Buffalo doesn't beat Houston

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Losman will be benched. That is my prediction. If Buffalo doesn't beat Houston next weekend, JP will be benched, and his career, essentially, will be over in Buffalo.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I hope you are right.

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2006, 06:38 PM
:mex:

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Losman will be benched. That is my prediction. If Buffalo doesn't beat Houston next weekend, JP will be benched, and his career, essentially, will be over in Buffalo.
last I checked, we have more than one player contributing to wins and losses. JP could have a stellar game...but if enough other players don't perform, we'll still lose

Devin
11-12-2006, 06:40 PM
last I checked, we have more than one player contributing to wins and losses. JP could have a stellar game...but if enough other players don't perform, we'll still lose

Ill rephrase what he said (and you know he meant).

If we lose to Houston as either a direct result of JP's inept play, OR his lack of ability to create points/plays when it matters he will be benched.

If that is indeed what F_L meant I hope hes right.

Bmax
11-12-2006, 11:51 PM
I agree i think the bills could make a move and at home is the best place to do it . If nall is the fall back plan than let's see what he's got . At least you'll know what your working with next season. I'm in favor of dumping both holcomb and Losman and going with a Vet and a rookie in the 3rd or 4th round say Drew Stanton whose stock is dropping or Troy Smith or Chris Leak In RD 2

Bmax

GFLuNEEDit
11-12-2006, 11:56 PM
He caught a huge break in the GB game with that TD to Evans on broken coverage.

How would he be sitting now if they lost that game and he had 60 yards passing aganst the worst pass defense in the league ?

LtFinFan66
11-12-2006, 11:57 PM
He won't be benched this year. They have to see what they have in him for a full season

ddaryl
11-13-2006, 12:50 AM
He won't be benched this year, and I'll bet the farm says he'll be here next year competing against competition in camp next year.

Today's loss is squarely on our piss poor OL

SABURZFAN
11-13-2006, 01:08 AM

:yawn:

DynaPaul
11-13-2006, 04:49 AM
Pipe dream prediction. Fact is he won't be benched at ANY time during this season. Marv and Dick are giving him the year to show us what he can do and then will evaluate everything at the end of the season. Get over it.

CuseJetsFan83
11-13-2006, 04:54 AM
this is an open tryout for next year pretty much..... JP's audition is 16 games long........... but i wouldnt be surprised to see someone else get some reps for a temporary spark....... just hopefully it doesnt end up like the patchwork qb situtation we had last year with the jets (minus the injuries)

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 05:26 AM
IT wont happen. They are going all year with JP along with next year.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-13-2006, 06:04 AM
jp all year long. if he continues to play like he has, we will keep loosing and we may be in the running for the BQ sweepstakes

YardRat
11-13-2006, 06:10 AM
He'll get through at least week 12, IMO, if not the whole year. Depends on what's happening after 3/4 of the season is dust.

Earthquake Enyart
11-13-2006, 07:54 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=112677

Next week is it. Any more bonehead plays and it's NALL BALL TIME!!

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Losman will be benched. That is my prediction. If Buffalo doesn't beat Houston next weekend, JP will be benched, and his career, essentially, will be over in Buffalo. That's funny!!

bigh
11-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Since I live in Texas I dont get to go to too many Bills games but I watch every game. I was in San Antonio last year when they benched Losman now you are saying I will be at another game where Losman will be benched. The Bills need a Right Tackle

Michael82
11-13-2006, 11:08 AM
He won't be benched this year. They have to see what they have in him for a full season
Wow, the Fin Fan is smarter than the Bills fans. At least you know WTF you are talking about. :up:

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
JP is not getting benched anytime soon.

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
JP is not getting benched anytime soon.

Kerr
11-13-2006, 11:53 AM
He'll get the full year. He hasn't had a full year since he's been here. Mularkey never game it to him. Dj had said he wouldn't make that same mistake even if it does backfire.

Forward_Lateral
11-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Wow, the Fin Fan is smarter than the Bills fans. At least you know WTF you are talking about. :up:

Sooo, all of us have to love JP, give him 16 games to show us what he has, and ride it out? Because we don't agree with you, that makes us stupid? Mikey, this might be the worst post I've ever read of yours, and I'm ashamed for you. This is a message board. OPINIONS are stated, PREDICTIONS are stated. Just because you dont' agree with someone's opinion, or prediction, doesn't make them stupid.

:down: :down: to your attitude Mikey.

M
11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
What would be the point of benching JP now? We were never considered to be a playoff-caliber team this year. If we were, would the O-line have been changed mid season?? Nope. Do you think Holcombe or even Nall could get us to the playoffs? Again, nope. Let the kid play all year - this season is a wash anyway.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 02:00 PM
He'll get the full year. He hasn't had a full year since he's been here. Mularkey never game it to him. Dj had said he wouldn't make that same mistake even if it does backfire.

It has and will continue to backfire.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 02:01 PM
What would be the point of benching JP now? We were never considered to be a playoff-caliber team this year. If we were, would the O-line have been changed mid season?? Nope. Do you think Holcombe or even Nall could get us to the playoffs? Again, nope. Let the kid play all year - this season is a wash anyway.

The point would be to get a player that cannot get it done , out of there.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 02:15 PM

Very possible.

!Papacrunk!
11-14-2006, 06:41 AM
I'm wondering what David Carr's status will be. I think I read that he had a MRI done on his shoulder Monday, but Kubiak thinks he will be healthy enough to start. It'd be interesting if Rosenfels started in his place.

jamze132
11-14-2006, 06:58 AM
The point would be...

If Dick decides he has seen enough to know that JP isn't the future, he might decide to see if Nall can do anything. It has nothing to do with making the playoffs. Dick knows deep down this team isn't ready for the playoffs. Any moves he makes from here on out are for auditions for future reference.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2006, 08:14 AM
These posts crack me up. JP's numbers are not bad and he plays behind a putrid line. His #2 receiver got cut from his last 2 teams. His #3 receiver was bashed beyond belief on this board the last 2 years. His #4 receiver is 5'8" 168 pounds.

In addition the people that believe that JP is the issue have these reasonable options:

1) Start Nall. He's never been a second string QB but he's good enough to be a starter here. I watched him in preseason and he wasn't good enough to beat out Holcomb.

2) Draft another QB. Considering the top 2 QB's in the '06 draft were Leinart and Young, look at their awesome numbers. Plan on at least 2 years of development. GREAT IDEA!!!

3) Get a veteran. Who? Plummer. JP's numbers are better. Who?!

Matt Schaub is the only reasonable option, but even than I doubt he'll beat out JP for the starting job. When you people realize that the OL is the issue than the game will become alot more enjoyable. Waiting for JP to walk on water is pretty stupid.

mybills
11-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Wishful thinking. That's all this is.
see my sig.

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2006, 09:05 AM
These posts crack me up. JP's numbers are not bad and he plays behind a putrid line. His #2 receiver got cut from his last 2 teams. His #3 receiver was bashed beyond belief on this board the last 2 years. His #4 receiver is 5'8" 168 pounds.

In addition the people that believe that JP is the issue have these reasonable options:

1) Start Nall. He's never been a second string QB but he's good enough to be a starter here. I watched him in preseason and he wasn't good enough to beat out Holcomb.

2) Draft another QB. Considering the top 2 QB's in the '06 draft were Leinart and Young, look at their awesome numbers. Plan on at least 2 years of development. GREAT IDEA!!!

3) Get a veteran. Who? Plummer. JP's numbers are better. Who?!

Matt Schaub is the only reasonable option, but even than I doubt he'll beat out JP for the starting job. When you people realize that the OL is the issue than the game will become alot more enjoyable. Waiting for JP to walk on water is pretty stupid.

Did you even READ what I posted? I didn't say it should, or shouldn't be done, I merely predicted what will happen, if JP costs Buffalo a win in Houston. Sorry for not spelling it out for you more clearly.

madness
11-14-2006, 11:17 AM
I predict FL will be wrong next week. :D

Earthquake Enyart
11-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Nall needs to play at least 3 games so we can find out if we need to dump all three QB's.

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2006, 01:01 PM
I predict FL will be wrong next week. :D

I hope so too, because it will mean the Bills won the game, which is the most important thing, IMO.

madness
11-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I hope so too, because it will mean the Bills won the game, which is the most important thing, IMO.

I predict you will be wrong either win or lose. JP's the guaranteed starter until week 1 of next season. If the O-line shows progress and JP doesn't then that would be another story.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Jp is going to have to regress TREMENDOUSLY if this is going to happen. Like not making any reads, or completing ANY passes. I just cant foresee this happening at all.