PDA

View Full Version : The Positives..

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Other than a horrible outting by offense, both defense and special teams played great. Crowell is turning into the player, that I thought he is. McGee looked great, both on special teams and defensively. Furthermore, our defense as a whole played exceedingly well. Holding Indianapolis to 17 points, is no easy task. Ask Denver. While Indy was averaging over 5 ypc, we still created alot of turnovers and takeaways. Schobel's forced fumble was fantastic, and it could be said that our DL did get adequate pressure on Peyton, he just has a very quick release.. Our left side of the OL looked good. Peters, Gandy and Fowler, did enough to protect our QB and help get the running game going. Also, Lee Evans did very good even with limited passing action of our offense. A-Train, sure knows how to move the chains, as well. What are some positives you guys saw? ( No smart ass comments, please.. )

LtBillsFan66
11-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Did Shoebel force the fumble or someone else?

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 08:22 PM

Schobel forced it, and McGee scooped it up.

LtBillsFan66
11-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Schobel forced it, and McGee scooped it up.
I think he made the tackle, someone else stripped the ball, and McGee ran it back. I could be wrong...

Mahdi
11-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Schobel tackled Rhodes and Clements put his shoulder on the ball before Rhodes went down, it was a deliberate attempt to free the ball. The whole defense was trying to rip the ball out on practically every play. The defense came to play today, I bet they are PI#%ED!. That cover 2 is coming around nicely. Wait till we get McCargo back next year and another DE.

SABuffalo786
11-12-2006, 08:32 PM
It was fun to watch!

Bill Cody
11-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Other than a horrible outting by offense

How much more could A train have done? He had over a hundred yards.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Other than a horrible outting by offense, both defense and special teams played great. Crowell is turning into the player, that I thought he is. McGee looked great, both on special teams and defensively. Furthermore, our defense as a whole played exceedingly well. Holding Indianapolis to 17 points, is no easy task. Ask Denver. While Indy was averaging over 5 ypc, we still created alot of turnovers and takeaways. Schobel's forced fumble was fantastic, and it could be said that our DL did get adequate pressure on Peyton, he just has a very quick release.. Our left side of the OL looked good. Peters, Gandy and Fowler, did enough to protect our QB and help get the running game going. Also, Lee Evans did very good even with limited passing action of our offense. A-Train, sure knows how to move the chains, as well. What are some positives you guys saw? ( No smart ass comments, please.. )

Wow, usually you and I are on the same page. Okay, that was Mcgee who got burned by Wayne for 7? Right? JP avoided the pass rush that was being pushed to the outside by Peters only to walk into the blown block by Gandy. I'm done with Gandy. Goodbye.

Mahdi, the D should be pissed. They couldn't get the ball back to the O when there was still 6:22 left in the game. The Colts 2 RBs combined for 27 carries and 150 yards. The Colts didn't have to throw because they controlled the ground game. But let's celebarate the D and their 5.5 yards per rush allowed today. It was another losing effort by a bunch of losers!!

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 08:43 PM
How much more could A train have done? He had over a hundred yards.

A-Train, sure knows how to move the chains, as well.

It sure helps when you read the whole post! ;)

Bill Cody
11-12-2006, 08:47 PM
It sure helps when you read the whole post! ;)

It wasn't a horrible outing by the whole offense. It was another under 100 yard game by the QB who takes more sacks than the original Rob Johnson and can't convert third downs. The offensive line was at least adequate in this game and the running game was solid. I could name 30 QB's that would have won that game today. Yeah, 30.

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Wow, usually you and I are on the same page. Okay, that was Mcgee who got burned by Wayne for 7? Right? JP avoided the pass rush that was being pushed to the outside by Peters only to walk into the blown block by Gandy. I'm done with Gandy. Goodbye.

Mahdi, the D should be pissed. They couldn't get the ball back to the O when there was still 6:22 left in the game. The Colts 2 RBs combined for 27 carries and 150 yards. The Colts didn't have to throw because they controlled the ground game. But let's celebarate the D and their 5.5 yards per rush allowed today. It was another losing effort by a bunch of losers!!

McGee was often left covering Wayne by himself. :idunno: It honestly could have been alot worst. And that TD pass to Wayne, was perfectly thrown. Even the announcers were talking about how there was nothing he could of done to stopped it..

avoided the pass rush that was being pushed to the outside by Peters only to walk into the blown block by Gandy. I'm done with Gandy. Goodbye.

Thats how you deal with speed rushers, you kind of have to push them, it almost forms like a half a circle..

The Colts didn't have to throw because they controlled the ground game. But let's celebarate the D and their 5.5 yards per rush allowed today. It was another losing effort by a bunch of losers!!

Hey hey man, another TD by defense, what 3 weeks in a row? Regardless of how effective their run game was, we held Indy to 17 points, thats an accomplishment for ANY DEFENSE. Our defense and special teams kept the game CLOSE, that is very impressive, imo. Seeing as how our offense was practically non-existant.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Nate's play over the last 2 games has improved, if he keeps it up the rest of the season, he's pretty much a lock to cash in on his 100 million dollar deal somewhere in the NFL.

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 08:51 PM
It wasn't a horrible outing by the whole offense. It was another under 100 yard game by the QB who takes more sacks than the original Rob Johnson and can't convert third downs. The offensive line was at least adequate in this game and the running game was solid. I could name 30 QB's that would have won that game today. Yeah, 30.

It was a horrible outting by offense. I pointed out the players that I thought held there own, but in the end they still take blame as a unit.. JP Losman played like a ****ing bum, and our OC called plays like a bum too. A-Train had a good game, I however would like to see if he could repeat it against a better defense.

Bill Cody
11-12-2006, 09:26 PM
It was a horrible outting by offense. I pointed out the players that I thought held there own, but in the end they still take blame as a unit.. JP Losman played like a ****ing bum, and our OC called plays like a bum too. A-Train had a good game, I however would like to see if he could repeat it against a better defense.

It's the same "stuff" every week from JP. Other than the one pass to Evans last week it's the same game as last week. The best thing you can say is he's not turning it over.

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 11:34 PM
It's the same "stuff" every week from JP. Other than the one pass to Evans last week it's the same game as last week. The best thing you can say is he's not turning it over.

I agree. Bashers have a point when they say its pretty sad, that we mark Losmans games where he throws for a hundred yards with no turnovers as improvement. We could get a bench warmer from any team in the league to do that. :idunno:

Mr. Pink
11-13-2006, 12:06 AM
You're starting to see the light Fever....congrats.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2006, 12:07 AM

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 12:28 AM

Thanks for the compliment, but like I said from day 1, he should get the full season, and then we should make our final judgements. If we let him play it out, nobody can say he didnt get a fair shake. I still have hope he can turn it around, but obviously its looking dim. Dude, its so agonizing thinking about drafting another QB and starting all over again.

SABURZFAN
11-13-2006, 01:30 AM
the defense did a great job considering the ineptness of our so-called offense.