PDA

View Full Version : Manning

LtBillsFan66
11-12-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't think he was hurried once today. No sacks, no hurries, no knockdowns.

Novacane
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
You're right. They didn't get near him. It seems like they either have a great game rushing the QB or they are invisible.

YardRat
11-12-2006, 08:11 PM
17 points allowed in the home of the NFL's most prolific offense.

You don't necessarily need sacks, hurries, or knockdowns to be effective.

Walt Corey made a decent living and reputation employing just such a strategy against Dan Marino.

PECKERWOOD
11-12-2006, 08:13 PM
17 points allowed in the home of the NFL's most prolific offense.

You don't necessarily need sacks, hurries, or knockdowns to be effective.

Walt Corey made a decent living and reputation employing just such a strategy against Dan Marino.

My thoughts exactly.. Defense isnt to blame for our loss.

LtBillsFan66
11-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Nowhere did I put any blame on the D. All I said is Manning wasn't even touched.

LtFinFan66
11-13-2006, 02:09 AM
and he still didn't make you guys pay. What gives??

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:43 AM
Nowhere did I put any blame on the D. All I said is Manning wasn't even touched.

I see that, did I quote you and say what I said?

CuseJetsFan83
11-13-2006, 04:41 AM
hey now, the d played as good as they could have...... they didnt allow the juggular....... they didnt allow the run or pass to be overpowering....... and they kept the team in the game with key turnovers.......

not much more you can ask for.........
as far as the o.... they didnt play that badly either........ ***** about JP all ya want, but i dont think they could have had a better gameplan, just need different execution/playcalling.........

and lindell..... one miss and now people want his head.......... everyone is entitled to a bad game..... this better be it for you guys

Forward_Lateral
11-13-2006, 06:26 AM
The Defensive game plan was nearly perfect. It's obvious that Fewell studied a crap load of game tape and realized that blitzing Manning would be stupid. Give him the dink and dunk, who cares how much yardage you give up, just hold when it matters. That's what they did. Who knows what would've happened if Lindell didn't choke.