PDA

View Full Version : I keep hearing "JP Losman didn't lose the game"

OpIv37
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
and I agree. He made some non-critical mistakes, but protected the ball and didn't do anything tremendously stupid. I don't think any of the sacks today were his fault.

HOWEVER, how does the fact that JP didn't lose the game for us prove he's a good QB?

He came dangerously close to fumbling the ball on a desperate play- if there's one thing he should have learned after two years behind a **** OL, it's when to take a sack, but he hasn't. He still misses wide open receivers and still looks lost in the endzone.

Also, isn't an NFL QB supposed to be able to take over a game and win it for you (like, say, Philip Rivers did for SD today)? I know our team isn't built like that, but at what point is JP going to step up and make a big play in a tough game?

I don't blame JP for the loss at all, but he certainly could have done more to help us win. I'm simply not seeing any progress in him and that has me really concerned.

The_Philster
11-12-2006, 08:32 PM
HOWEVER, how does the fact that JP didn't lose the game for us prove he's a good QB?
and no one has said it did, either...

At the same time, he can only do so much if the coaches aren't calling plays that enable him to do much

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2006, 08:42 PM
He takes way too many sacks. He holds the ball too long in certain situations, and makes the protection look A LOT worse than it is. He has no pocket awareness or presence. Even when he has time to look down field, he either telegraphs the throw, or is inaccurate with it. He hasn't shown much of an improvement over last year, IMO, and I think his time is slowly coming to an end.

Kerr
11-12-2006, 08:50 PM
I think thie gameplan was to run on indy all along. I don't think it was a testament of how they feel of jp. You can run on indy, it's a given. I didn't check time of possession, but i'm pretty sure indy held the ball a lot more than the offense, which limited more pass attempts for jp.

but anyway, I think there seem to be some kind of problem with offensive philsophy between fairchild and jauron. Jauron loves to run it and give his qb very little chance to win the game on their own. He likes to pound the ball and have defense and the runnin game win games. Fairchild is a student of martz, but is more balanced than martz. I think if it were up to fairchild, he'd give jp more chances in every game to show he can win a game on his own, but since jauron is the head coach, there might be a little bit of a compromise between the two week in and week out.

I think it stinks. Either let jp play his game and revolve the offense around him or get rid of him or get another limited jim miller type of qb in here to run the offense.

HHURRICANE
11-12-2006, 08:52 PM
[quote=Forward_Lateral]He takes way too many sacks. He holds the ball too long in certain situations, and makes the protection look A LOT worse than it is. He has no pocket awareness or presence. quote]

OMG, did anybody watch the frickin game or are they just too busy looking for any excuse to blame Losman? Losman didn't hang onto the ball too long. PERIOD. OL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dummies!!!!!!!!!!!

LtBillsFan66
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Like I said in another thread, if the bum would convert a damn third down, maybe he'd have more attempts. JP is a bust. Time to face the music.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Like I said in another thread, if the bum would convert a damn third down, maybe he'd have more attempts. JP is a bust. Time to face the music.

His QB rating on 3rd downs this season is something like 49.

LtBillsFan66
11-12-2006, 09:02 PM
His QB rating on 3rd downs this season is something like 49.
He's a natural born loser.

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Drew Brees was 9-11 for 111 yards on third down today.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Drew Brees was 9-11 for 111 yards on third down today.

:ill:

LtBillsFan66
11-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Guess what? Craig Nall didn't lose the game either...

TacklingDummy
11-12-2006, 09:10 PM
There was a stat. they showed during the game that said the Bills had something like 11 plays in the redzone for -2 yards. That's not very good.

YardRat
11-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I think thie gameplan was to run on indy all along. I don't think it was a testament of how they feel of jp. You can run on indy, it's a given. I didn't check time of possession, but i'm pretty sure indy held the ball a lot more than the offense, which limited more pass attempts for jp.

but anyway, I think there seem to be some kind of problem with offensive philsophy between fairchild and jauron. Jauron loves to run it and give his qb very little chance to win the game on their own. He likes to pound the ball and have defense and the runnin game win games. Fairchild is a student of martz, but is more balanced than martz. I think if it were up to fairchild, he'd give jp more chances in every game to show he can win a game on his own, but since jauron is the head coach, there might be a little bit of a compromise between the two week in and week out.

I think it stinks. Either let jp play his game and revolve the offense around him or get rid of him or get another limited jim miller type of qb in here to run the offense.

Indy-- 33:48

Buffalo-- 26:12

YardRat
11-12-2006, 09:16 PM
There was a stat. they showed during the game that said the Bills had something like 11 plays in the redzone for -2 yards. That's not very good.

I though it was -8.

TigerJ
11-12-2006, 09:17 PM
He takes way too many sacks. He holds the ball too long in certain situations, and makes the protection look A LOT worse than it is. He has no pocket awareness or presence. Even when he has time to look down field, he either telegraphs the throw, or is inaccurate with it. He hasn't shown much of an improvement over last year, IMO, and I think his time is slowly coming to an end.

Go back and look at today's game tape and tell me on how many sacks that he held the ball too long. I didn't see many.

DynaPaul
11-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I support Losman but I agree that we're not seeing a whole hell of a lot of progress out of him. Honestly, I think all this discussion about his playing is a waste of time right now. He's gonna start all year, barring injury, whether the fans like it or not. At the end of the season I'm more liable to make a judgment about his play. I believe that Marv and Dick will take a hard look at the the end of the year and figure out what the next move is going to be.

The_Philster
11-13-2006, 04:34 AM
Go back and look at today's game tape and tell me on how many sacks that he held the ball too long. I didn't see many.
I saw one that was borderline...the other 3 were definitely on the O-line

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 06:15 AM
and I agree. He made some non-critical mistakes, but protected the ball and didn't do anything tremendously stupid. I don't think any of the sacks today were his fault.

He came dangerously close to fumbling the ball on a desperate play- if there's one thing he should have learned after two years behind a **** OL, it's when to take a sack, but he hasn't. He still misses wide open receivers and still looks lost in the endzone.

Also, isn't an NFL QB supposed to be able to take over a game and win it for you (like, say, Philip Rivers did for SD today)? I know our team isn't built like that, but at what point is JP going to step up and make a big play in a tough game?

I don't blame JP for the loss at all, but he certainly could have done more to help us win. I'm simply not seeing any progress in him and that has me really concerned.

You can't do any of the things you want him to do when...

1) forced to stay in the pocket.

2) Not allowed to audible

3) Your OC keeps calling for 5 step drops/ Longer routes when 3 steps and shorter routes are whats needed in certain situations.

Sorry, but until the above is changed what can he do? Go ahead and audible then get benched?

Forward_Lateral
11-13-2006, 06:18 AM
You can't do any of the things you want him to do when...

1) forced to stay in the pocket.

2) Not allowed to audible

3) Your OC keeps calling for 5 step drops/ Longer routes when 3 steps and shorter routes are whats needed in certain situations.

Sorry, but until the above is changed what can he do? Go ahead and audible then get benched?

Do you KNOW for a fact that he's not allowed to scramble?

Do you KNOW for a fact that he's not allowed to audible? Maybe he's just too stupid to read coverages? I highly doubt that a head coach would tell his QB he can't audible. That seems a bit ludacris, doesn't it?

Jan Reimers
11-13-2006, 06:33 AM
JP has virtually no chance to win a game - and only a slightly better chance to lose one - when he is shackled by a ridiculous game plan that allows him to do absolutely nothing.

If the coaching staff is not going to let him play, they should insert Craig Nall to see what he can do.

For the first time this year, I'm fed up. Not with JP, or the 0 line, or rookie mistakes, or anything except the abominable offensive game plans the last two weeks. I'm just damned sick of it.

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Dude..

HE SUCKS.. There is no need to over-analyze it anymore.. He just doesn't have it.

Every week, a couple more of you will admit it.

Patti120
11-13-2006, 08:20 AM
I agree with Jan and most of you guys. The game planning is questionable but truth of the matter is that the o-line stinks it up so bad it is scary. Although Losman has a long way to go it's hard to "accurately" judge his performances because of the o-line. It seems that because the protection is so terrible on 90%of the plays it's like he doesn't know wtf to do when he has the protection so he overthrows it or totally misses the guy. Also, if Jauron is being genuine in his statements from the post-game press conference, then it sounds like even he feels that it's the o-line and not necessarily the QB at this point. I've definitely run out of patience with the offense as a whole at this point as have most of you based upon the posts around here.

O-line the whole way in the draft and offseason. Maybe bring in another qb (top caliber type guy) through free agency to push Losman because I can't put my finger on how good or how bad JP really is.

Just my thoughts.

OpIv37
11-13-2006, 10:20 AM
and no one has said it did, either...

At the same time, he can only do so much if the coaches aren't calling plays that enable him to do much

My point is this: People keep defending JP by saying he didn't lose the game for us. That's technically true, but it doesn't mean he's improving and it doesn't mean he is or every will be a competent NFL QB. If you want to convince someone that JP is the future of this team, it's going to take a lot more than just repeating "he didn't lose us the game".

Tim Anderson and Jason Jefferson didn't cost us the game either, but they still suck and I hope that next year, one of them is unemployed and the other is the 5th DT who won't ever see the field unless there's an injury.