PDA

View Full Version : The Audible

DraftBoy
11-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Its an extremely useful and needy tool for any offense to be successful yet we rarely see Jp do it. Is it because he is not allowed to? Is he not recognizing the defense? Does he not know them? Im also considering hot routes in this discussion.

Discuss!

Dozerdog
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
My Momma sez.......No audibles because I'll get a girl pregnant

http://www.davesdougout.com/photos/waterboy.jpg\

DynaPaul
11-13-2006, 04:55 AM
That might be a little too much to put on his plate. He has to earn the trust of the coaches by executing the plays called before getting the nod to call his own plays.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 05:25 AM
The coaches are not allowing it.

YardRat
11-13-2006, 05:31 AM
Whether he's allowed to or not is really a question that only Jauron or JP can answer.

Whether he's capable or not can only be evidenced by the production of the offense.

It's an important skill that is neccesary for a QB to have in order to have any kind of functional use on the field.

Forward_Lateral
11-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Not allowed? :rofl: That's LUDACRIS. Gimme a break. Do you think an NFL head coach would tell his QB NOT to audible? This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. JP HAS audibled in games before, he just doesn't do it very often because HE CAN'T READ AN NFL DEFENSE. When are some of you going to realize that maybe, just maybe, JP doesn't have what it takes?

Crazygoo
11-13-2006, 07:26 AM
he used to audible last year alot. This year they just are not letting him do it.

Dr. Lecter
11-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Not allowed? :rofl: That's LUDACRIS. Gimme a break. Do you think an NFL head coach would tell his QB NOT to audible? This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. JP HAS audibled in games before, he just doesn't do it very often because HE CAN'T READ AN NFL DEFENSE. When are some of you going to realize that maybe, just maybe, JP doesn't have what it takes?

It is not stupid because NFL coaches have stopped QB's from audibling. Some teams do not have a system to allow an audible. I know the Rams did not audible under Mike Martz.

DraftBoy
11-13-2006, 08:40 AM
It is not stupid because NFL coaches have stopped QB's from audibling. Some teams do not have a system to allow an audible. I know the Rams did not audible under Mike Martz.

Now did this system also not allow for hot routes? I think with the Rams vertical attack it had to be an almost neccessary thing.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2006, 10:31 AM

Actually Rob Johnson when he was here came out and said that he wasn't allowed to audible. So it is possible. And personally I can't think of any examples of when number 7 did audible.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Whats the matter FL Neg me calling me an idiot but cant sign it? If not you whomever it was is a Coward. The coaches are making JP stay in the pocket and not be a mobile QB which he always has been and should be. And they are not allowing him to audible for some reason.

DraftBoy
11-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Whats the matter FL Neg me calling me an idiot but cant sign it? If not you whomever it was is a Coward. The coaches are making JP stay in the pocket and not be a mobile QB which he always has been and should be. And they are not allowing him to audible for some reason.

Again I do not believe that include re-adjusting of blocking assignments or making a hot route.

The_Philster
11-13-2006, 02:56 PM
They're still running hot routes/blitz adjustments as far as I know. Earlier in the season, Evans missed making his blitz adjustment and JP's pass was nearly picked off

Ickybaluky
11-13-2006, 02:59 PM
The offense the Bills run is simlar to what St. Louis did last year and they did not audible under Martz. The Kansas City offense from the last few years comes from the same school of offense, which does not like to audible. Both offenses were highly successful. It is Sid Gillman's old San Diego Charger offense, which later was carried on by the likes of Joe Gibbs.

Mudflap1
11-13-2006, 05:16 PM
My Momma sez.......No audibles because I'll get a girl pregnant

http://www.davesdougout.com/photos/waterboy.jpg\

Henry Winkler is kinda like Jauron too...

Jon