• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

The Audible

Its an extremely useful and needy tool for any offense to be successful yet we rarely see Jp do it. Is it because he is not allowed to? Is he not recognizing the defense? Does he not know them? Im also considering hot routes in this discussion.

Discuss!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Audible

My Momma sez.......No audibles because I'll get a girl pregnant

\

Comment

• DynaPaul
      • Sep 2003

That might be a little too much to put on his plate. He has to earn the trust of the coaches by executing the plays called before getting the nod to call his own plays.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

The coaches are not allowing it.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Whether he's allowed to or not is really a question that only Jauron or JP can answer.

Whether he's capable or not can only be evidenced by the production of the offense.

It's an important skill that is neccesary for a QB to have in order to have any kind of functional use on the field.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Not allowed? That's LUDACRIS. Gimme a break. Do you think an NFL head coach would tell his QB NOT to audible? This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. JP HAS audibled in games before, he just doesn't do it very often because HE CAN'T READ AN NFL DEFENSE. When are some of you going to realize that maybe, just maybe, JP doesn't have what it takes?

Comment

• Crazygoo
              • Nov 2005

he used to audible last year alot. This year they just are not letting him do it.
              :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                Not allowed? That's LUDACRIS. Gimme a break. Do you think an NFL head coach would tell his QB NOT to audible? This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. JP HAS audibled in games before, he just doesn't do it very often because HE CAN'T READ AN NFL DEFENSE. When are some of you going to realize that maybe, just maybe, JP doesn't have what it takes?
                It is not stupid because NFL coaches have stopped QB's from audibling. Some teams do not have a system to allow an audible. I know the Rams did not audible under Mike Martz.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

It is not stupid because NFL coaches have stopped QB's from audibling. Some teams do not have a system to allow an audible. I know the Rams did not audible under Mike Martz.

Now did this system also not allow for hot routes? I think with the Rams vertical attack it had to be an almost neccessary thing.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                    Actually Rob Johnson when he was here came out and said that he wasn't allowed to audible. So it is possible. And personally I can't think of any examples of when number 7 did audible.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Whats the matter FL Neg me calling me an idiot but cant sign it? If not you whomever it was is a Coward. The coaches are making JP stay in the pocket and not be a mobile QB which he always has been and should be. And they are not allowing him to audible for some reason.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                        Whats the matter FL Neg me calling me an idiot but cant sign it? If not you whomever it was is a Coward. The coaches are making JP stay in the pocket and not be a mobile QB which he always has been and should be. And they are not allowing him to audible for some reason.

Again I do not believe that include re-adjusting of blocking assignments or making a hot route.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

They're still running hot routes/blitz adjustments as far as I know. Earlier in the season, Evans missed making his blitz adjustment and JP's pass was nearly picked off
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

The offense the Bills run is simlar to what St. Louis did last year and they did not audible under Martz. The Kansas City offense from the last few years comes from the same school of offense, which does not like to audible. Both offenses were highly successful. It is Sid Gillman's old San Diego Charger offense, which later was carried on by the likes of Joe Gibbs.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              My Momma sez.......No audibles because I'll get a girl pregnant

\
                              Henry Winkler is kinda like Jauron too...

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X