PDA

View Full Version : What a big baby Bill Belichick is...

LtFinFan66
11-13-2006, 12:18 AM
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - Bill Belichick exchanged another cold handshake with Eric Mangini in the middle of the muddy field.
Belichick has refused to refer to the Jets (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67057) coach by name since Mangini left after serving five years as his defensive backs coach

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6155572

-------------------------------------------------------

What a freaking crybaby! No wonder CryBrady is like he is!!

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 12:31 AM
I would disrespect Mangini as well, not to sound trashy.. But honestly, Mangini practically ripped off NE's playbook. It's not unnatural for Bellichick to be upset.

LtFinFan66
11-13-2006, 12:33 AM
It happens....it's the NFL. If they ripped off the playbook then the Pats should be able to beat them :idunno: Get over it Bill

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 12:36 AM
It happens....it's the NFL. If they ripped off the playbook then the Pats should be able to beat them :idunno: Get over it Bill

You do have a point, the NFL is a copycat league. I think Bellichick is upset with Mangini, because Bellichick has had bad blood with the Jet's for a long time ( as a coach as well.. ). You wouldnt be angry if you took someone under your wing, and mentored them, taught them everything you know, just to have them join up with your rivals? :idunno:

LtFinFan66
11-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Saban was under his wing too....of course he left the league for several years first

CuseJetsFan83
11-13-2006, 01:37 AM
and all of them were under parcells wing........ dont matter who it is...... belichick acts like this to everyone......

on a side bar..... did anyone watch the game........ the refs are some funny people

CuseJetsFan83
11-13-2006, 01:38 AM
I would disrespect Mangini as well, not to sound trashy.. But honestly, Mangini practically ripped off NE's playbook. It's not unnatural for Bellichick to be upset.

well, mangini was the defensive coordinator......... it is his choice to be the same defense he led........ offensively, thats schottyball lol

DynaPaul
11-13-2006, 04:47 AM
Like Belichick is Mr. Personality? Don't forget how he shafted the Jets and Bill Parcells. Parcells wouldn't talk to Baby Bill for a LONG time after, in fact, they're just now starting to talk after all these years. Belichick should look in the mirror before deciding to kick a disciple in the ass.

CuseJetsFan83
11-13-2006, 04:51 AM
Like Belichick is Mr. Personality? Don't forget how he shafted the Jets and Bill Parcells. Parcells wouldn't talk to Baby Bill for a LONG time after, in fact, they're just now starting to talk after all these years. Belichick should look in the mirror before deciding to kick a disciple in the ass.

don't forget mr. morals is still in the middle of that infidelity lawsuit between that man and woman in jersey......... maybe he's trying to breed a successor?

DynaPaul
11-13-2006, 04:56 AM
don't forget mr. morals is still in the middle of that infidelity lawsuit between that man and woman in jersey......... maybe he's trying to breed a successor?

I find it mind boggling that any woman would want to have an affair with a stiff like him. He probably wore that hooded sweatshirt while boning her.

CuseJetsFan83
11-13-2006, 05:01 AM
I find it mind boggling that any woman would want to have an affair with a stiff like him. He probably wore that hooded sweatshirt while boning her.

ha!!

maybe during an early climax he threw out the red-flag challenging the call...... but in all seriousness....... money and success makes the ugliest man appealing....

LtFinFan66
11-13-2006, 05:03 AM
I find it mind boggling that any woman would want to have an affair with a stiff like him. He probably wore that hooded sweatshirt while boning her.:rofl:

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 06:11 AM
Bull ****. Ripped off the playbook Are you serious? Bill B didn't create anything. He is just very good about seeing other teams weakness and making changes to attack them.

He is just pissed there is another guy out there that knows HIS weaknesses and is beating him with inferior talent.

Who is the genius now?

Forward_Lateral
11-13-2006, 06:22 AM
Most of, if not all of, today's NFL offenses are, in some form or another, ripped off of Bill Walsh.

mybills
11-13-2006, 09:22 AM
on a side bar..... did anyone watch the game........ the refs are some funny people

I saw a lot of the game. The sack on Brady/personal foul was a BS call. I asked my friend to guess how much $ Bill gave the refs for that game. lol.
Then a delay of game on NE, and no flag. He said the refs favor good QB's. I don't think a ref should "favor" anyone. :shakeno:

I did LMAO watching Corey Dillon run...he looked just like Sam Adams..fat ass couldn't run fast at all. :rofl: I never realized how lardish he was! :chuckle:

don137
11-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Chris Mortensen was on the radio here in Charlotte and he was asked about the lack of class Bellichick exhibited yesterday. Morts response was that he is a great coach but not someone you want to go have a drink with and his actions truly are how he is as a person.

LtFinFan66
11-13-2006, 12:36 PM
No surprise there

scott51
11-13-2006, 02:03 PM
You do have a point, the NFL is a copycat league. I think Bellichick is upset with Mangini, because Bellichick has had bad blood with the Jet's for a long time ( as a coach as well.. ). You wouldnt be angry if you took someone under your wing, and mentored them, taught them everything you know, just to have them join up with your rivals? :idunno:

What, is Eric supposed to wait until Bill gives him the okay to leave? I am sick and tired of the entire Patriots organization, when they win its "Oh bow down to our dynasty" when they lose "Wah, wah, wah..."

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Bull ****. Ripped off the playbook Are you serious? Bill B didn't create anything. He is just very good about seeing other teams weakness and making changes to attack them.

He is just pissed there is another guy out there that knows HIS weaknesses and is beating him with inferior talent.

Who is the genius now?

To say Mangini didnt steal from Bellichick is ******ed. Every defense in the league has a different playbook and style. So yes, Bellichick was a founder of NE's defense. Romeo was too. It's just hilarious how Mangini would jump ship, after getting a promotion! And take everything he learned from Bellichick & Cronell (sp?), and bring it to a rival team. I honestly dont like Mangini nor do I like Bellichick, but I can understand why he is upset.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
well, mangini was the defensive coordinator......... it is his choice to be the same defense he led........ offensively, thats schottyball lol

Your right he did lead that defense. But on the other hand, it was practically given to him. He had no part in how that defense was built. Bellichick and Cronell, are the brains behind that.

Ickybaluky
11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
I don't believe the rift has anything to do with a playbook, but rather is based in the Jets role in the whole Deion Branch situation.

That said, it really is much ado about nothing. Who cares if Belichick likes or doesn't like Mangini, or visa-versa? I don't think it has any effect on the games.

Mangini has done a very good job with the Jets, they deserved to win yesterday. They were the better team.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 03:04 PM

When he knows of something that works , what would you like him to do, go with something else that doesn't just because he picked it up in NE ?

Ickybaluky
11-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Most of, if not all of, today's NFL offenses are, in some form or another, ripped off of Bill Walsh.

I'm not sure where you get that. Walsh's old WCO was basically Paul Brown's offense. I would suggest offenses today have their roots that trace to Paul Brown or Sid Gillman. Everyone else is just copying stuff.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:06 PM
When he knows of something that works , what would you like him to do, go with something else that doesn't just because he picked it up in NE ?

No, I would expect him to show respect and go some where outside of the division. It wouldnt be that bad if Bellichick didnt have a bad history with the Jets.

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 03:08 PM
To say Mangini didnt steal from Bellichick is ******ed. Every defense in the league has a different playbook and style. So yes, Bellichick was a founder of NE's defense. Romeo was too. It's just hilarious how Mangini would jump ship, after getting a promotion! And take everything he learned from Bellichick & Cronell (sp?), and bring it to a rival team. I honestly dont like Mangini nor do I like Bellichick, but I can understand why he is upset.

Oh bull ****. you have a hand full of fronts etc and you do what YOU want to do with them. Hell if thats the case I am sure Bill stole it from someone else so get in his ass too.

get a friggin clue

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 03:10 PM

Don't kid yourself , there is nothing sophisticated about any of these schemes.
It's football.
Half these players can't spell their own last names, how complex do you think it can get ?

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Oh bull ****. you have a hand full of fronts etc and you do what YOU want to do with them. Hell if thats the case I am sure Bill stole it from someone else so get in his ass too.

get a friggin clue

Hey, Ice. Stop screaming at your computer. You get a clue, highschool football coach. Your posts suck. I havent read anything of value from you in this thread.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm not saying its rocket science. But he obviously stole some of New Englands concepts, and style, thats not even the important part. My point is, he joined a rival team, not just a divisional rival, but a team in which Bellichick has had bad blood with in the past, is just a slap in the face. It's called loyalty.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 03:30 PM
No, I would expect him to show respect and go some where outside of the division. It wouldnt be that bad if Bellichick didnt have a bad history with the Jets.

Are you kidding me ?

If he gets an offer to be a head coach he is going to take it.

And Bellichick would do the same.

BleedinGreenNC
11-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Regardless if you copy a playbook, you still have to execute the plays and that's what my Jet's did!!

So screw Belly boy and the Pat's!!

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Are you kidding me ?

If he gets an offer to be a head coach he is going to take it.

And Bellichick would do the same.

He would of got more offers, and who knows how many offers he did get last year. I just thought it was a slap in the face to NE, from an outside perspective.. Apparently Bill feels the same way. :idunno:

DynaPaul
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
My point is, he joined a rival team, not just a divisional rival, but a team in which Bellichick has had bad blood with in the past, is just a slap in the face. It's called loyalty.

What? And like Belichick didn't do the same thing to Parcells and the Jets organization when he was the head coach for a day? He did the same thing, he was supposed to inherit the team from Parcells when he retired and then he put a secret deal in place with Bilbo Kraft and left for the divisional rival New England Patriots. Seems like Mr. Personaility committed the same exact "sin" that Mangini did. The guy needs to look in the mirror.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 04:06 PM
What? And like Belichick didn't do the same thing to Parcells and the Jets organization when he was the head coach for a day? He did the same thing, he was supposed to inherit the team from Parcells when he retired and then he put a secret deal in place with Bilbo Kraft and left for the divisional rival New England Patriots. Seems like Mr. Personaility committed the same exact "sin" that Mangini did. The guy needs to look in the mirror.

The big difference is, Parcells was out of the picture. You said it yourself, he retired.

AFJoe
11-13-2006, 10:09 PM
What's funny is, go to the Pats forum and hear their take on the situation. They don't even care. They act like Bill is just being himself, and that shaking hands is just a technicallity, and Bill shouldn't have to do it.

Then comes my favorite part. They then turn on Tony Dungy. They all start calling him classless because they claim Dungy refused to shake BB's hands. I don't care what anybody says about Dungy's coaching, there is no man in football, or the world, who has more class than that guy. Saying that BB has more class than Dungy was quite possible teh funniest thing I've ever heard. I persoannly don't remember that happening, but if it did, I'm sure it was for a reason (like NE celebrating and BB not paying attention to Dungy).

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 10:17 PM
What's funny is, go to the Pats forum and hear their take on the situation. They don't even care. They act like Bill is just being himself, and that shaking hands is just a technicallity, and Bill shouldn't have to do it.

Then comes my favorite part. They then turn on Tony Dungy. They all start calling him classless because they claim Dungy refused to shake BB's hands. I don't care what anybody says about Dungy's coaching, there is no man in football, or the world, who has more class than that guy. Saying that BB has more class than Dungy was quite possible teh funniest thing I've ever heard. I persoannly don't remember that happening, but if it did, I'm sure it was for a reason (like NE celebrating and BB not paying attention to Dungy).

Nice to see you around Joe, thats funny ****!

BSXIII
11-13-2006, 10:41 PM
The big difference is, Parcells was out of the picture. You said it yourself, he retired.

No, Parcells was gonna take on an advisory role with the Jets, and Bellicheck was his hand picked heir. He was still involved with the Jets when Bellicheck scribbled on a notebad in broken english that he was resigning. Bellicheck leaving for the Pats made a huge mess for Parcells, and his exit from the Jets very ugly.

Look, Parcells has always been an egotistical dick, and Bellicheck may have been justified in doing what he did, but he needs to realize how similar his situation was to Mangini's recent one.

Bellicheck was put into a great situation by Parcells, but it was because he earned it. As an assistent to the Tuna, he'd always be overshadowed by his boss. In his mind he could be a better coach then his mentor, so he went out on his own. The best offer he got was from a division rival, so he went there. It's just evolution, he took a lot from Parcells, added his own touch to it, and became an even better head coach than Big Bill.

This past offseason Mangini was in the same position as Bellicheck was in 5 years ago. In this case history repeated itself. Mangini acted just like Bellicheck did back then (it was even the same two teams involved), and Bellicheck threw a little hissy fit like Parcells did back then. And once again, to this point the student has outperformed the mentor.

Mangini learned a lot from Bellicheck, both good and bad....

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 10:52 PM
No, Parcells was gonna take on an advisory role with the Jets, and Bellicheck was his hand picked heir. He was still involved with the Jets when Bellicheck scribbled on a notebad in broken english that he was resigning. Bellicheck leaving for the Pats made a huge mess for Parcells, and his exit from the Jets very ugly.

Look, Parcells has always been an egotistical dick, and Bellicheck may have been justified in doing what he did, but he needs to realize how similar his situation was to Mangini's recent one.

Bellicheck was put into a great situation by Parcells, but it was because he earned it. As an assistent to the Tuna, he'd always be overshadowed by his boss. In his mind he could be a better coach then his mentor, so he went out on his own. The best offer he got was from a division rival, so he went there. It's just evolution, he took a lot from Parcells, added his own touch to it, and became an even better head coach than Big Bill.

This past offseason Mangini was in the same position as Bellicheck was in 5 years ago. In this case history repeated itself. Mangini acted just like Bellicheck did back then (it was even the same two teams involved), and Bellicheck threw a little hissy fit like Parcells did back then. And once again, to this point the student has outperformed the mentor.

Mangini learned a lot from Bellicheck, both good and bad....

/\/eato, it was kind of like a full circle, lol! That makes it even juicier. New England and NYJ is to, Buffalo and Miami, rivalry wise. I would say those are each teams biggest rivals. Its kind of funny that the coaches started it all. Bellichick must be kicking himself over the deal.

Night Train
11-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Morts response was that he is a great coach but not someone you want to go have a drink with

No wonder Mort has never spoken to him.