PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming thought after watching the game...

Mudflap1
11-13-2006, 12:27 AM
We are $33 million under the salary cap next year. I would spend every available dollar that we possibly can on offensive linemen... I have been one of the ones to say Losman isn't cutting it right now. However, after watching the last two games, the line is really killing us, more than is really being understood I think. Losman has absolutely no time to throw, and when he does, Fairchild calls a short pass because the coaches have no confidence in the line. Even more priority than quarterback next year (no matter what Losman does to finish the season) is to get every darn good offensive linemen we possibly can in here. Whatever it takes.

If we can dramatically improve the line, this team will dramatically improve.

Also, while I think Willis is a fairly good back, I wouldn't hesitate to trade him during the offseason to someone like the Eagles for a high round draft choice. Guys like Anthony Thomas run hard and don't put up a fuss. If we had a good offensive line, he would look even better.

Jon

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 12:42 AM
I have mixed feelings about Willis. With that off my chest, I dont think we are the type of team to spend that much money on big name free agents. Really, just isnt part of this franchises makeup. If we are going to become a winning team, we need to do it through the draft.. This is what New England did, so we know it can be done. And if anybody can do it, Marv can.