PDA

View Full Version : 13 pass attempts....

SABURZFAN
11-13-2006, 02:16 AM
why do you think that is?

discuss....

LtFinFan66
11-13-2006, 02:17 AM
Because they are scared to let him pass more:idunno:

Hell we let Joey attempt 35 today and what like 62 against the Pats:idunno:

At least Joey had no turnovers today :up:

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 02:50 AM
I don't think they wanted this game to be wide open.

The_Philster
11-13-2006, 04:44 AM
It's not rocket science. Ball control requires a strong commitment to the run...I think they overdid it a little though. 17 pass plays is a bit few.

CuseJetsFan83
11-13-2006, 04:46 AM
if the outcome was different would people care....... they'd call the coaches geniuses, sadly it didnt roll that way, and now we have the current situation

LtFinFan66
11-13-2006, 04:53 AM
The Fins threw 36 times and ran 36 times. Pretty balanced for once

CuseJetsFan83
11-13-2006, 05:14 AM
yeah but dan, they also played a herman edwards coached team....... you cant favor one or the other with them... in regards to the fins game

LtFinFan66
11-13-2006, 05:18 AM
what does Herm do that is different:idunno:

CuseJetsFan83
11-13-2006, 05:27 AM
flip flop........ make boneheaded calls........ too lax on his players

YardRat
11-13-2006, 05:40 AM
A combination of the opponent we were playing and the ineptness of our own passing game.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2006, 05:50 AM
No faith.

Yasgur's Farm
11-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Bashers argue a flawed theory. They say that the reasons JP has had so few opportunities to pass these last 2 games is because...

They want to limit his opportunities to fail.
They doubt his abilities and know how.
They have no confidence in him.

That's a completely flawed theory. Because, if that were the case, they'd sit him.

Instead... I, and many others here, offer the following theory...

A sound thinking person would reallize the fact that JP's had few opportunities the last 2 games is more likely due to game planning against 2 future HOF QB's... It worked last week... almost worked this week.

That seems like a more logical hypothesis at this point.

2 game total... These would be nice numbers for a single game...
17 of 28, 60.7%, 185 YDS, 6.61 YDS/A, 3.6% TD, 92.1 passer rating, 0 TO's

Forward_Lateral
11-13-2006, 06:24 AM
I dont' blame the coaches. Tough to throw the ball when your QB is horrid. It's not like they have much choice either. Look what they have on the bench, a career backup, and oh, another career backup.

Jan Reimers
11-13-2006, 06:56 AM
It looks to me as if the coaching staff has given up on JP. Last week, against the worst rated pass defense in the league, we called 20 pass plays. Yesterday, in a game we had little chance of winning except to make some big offensive plays, we called 17 - and our best RB was inactive. A lot of QBs get 37 pass plays in ONE game.

JP will not learn to play QB in this league, or gain the confidence and maturity he needs, by being shackled. Maybe he wouldn't have anyway, but we'll never know, based on how he's being handled now. This would be the season - since we are rebuilding - to let him play and grow.

The coaching staff knows this, but chooses instead to totally limit what he does. They seem to be in sort of a "We can't win with JP playing a normal QB role, so let's keep it respectable while not looking like we've made a big mistake naming him as the starter," mode.

I don't expect to see him back next year.

X-Era
11-13-2006, 07:08 AM

discuss....

because we have no faith that JP is Peyton Manning who could manage to still make throws when he has a turnstyle for a line.

Inetpub
11-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Bashers argue a flawed theory. They say that the reasons JP has had so few opportunities to pass these last 2 games is because...

They want to limit his opportunities to fail.
They doubt his abilities and know how.
They have no confidence in him.

That's a completely flawed theory. Because, if that were the case, they'd sit him.

Instead... I, and many others here, offer the following theory...

A sound thinking person would reallize the fact that JP's had few opportunities the last 2 games is more likely due to game planning against 2 future HOF QB's... It worked last week... almost worked this week.

That seems like a more logical hypothesis at this point.

2 game total... These would be nice numbers for a single game...
17 of 28, 60.7%, 185 YDS, 6.61 YDS/A, 3.6% TD, 92.1 passer rating, 0 TO's

And that game plan was what? Who cares if they are future HOF QBs. ANY GIVEN SUNDAY! Gameplan was to run vs Colts...yes. But thats not a reason to abandon the pass.

They abandoned the pass because they had no first downs! They couldnt pass for a first down. They couldnt run for a first down. Without first downs, there is no second chance. They are just coming into the game to waste time!

Your "logical hypothesis" sucks. 2 ****ing games and 185 yards???? Thats ****!

alohabillsfan
11-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Ben Roth avg. 19.2 attempts per victory last year and avg 31.6 in 3 losses.

What we learned in the last 2 weeks is we have 2 good running backs and we needed another for this game, I said in a previous thread that I was concerned only having the diminutive Shaud Williams as a BU and wished that Fred jackson could have been activated from the PS squad.

This team is heading in the right direction in my opinion defensively and great special teams, with that said we need an O-line and better get 2 in FA (RT and RG) and another 1 or 2 in the draft.

justasportsfan
11-13-2006, 10:36 AM
I think they were trying to beat an undefeated team. I did however like how the coaches handled the situation as far as gameplanning for this game. They just didn't have the right players yet to pull off the victory. Whether it was at the qb, OL and wr. position , we don't have the players yet.

No team has come this close to beating the colts at their crib.It was obvious they wern't going to let their developing qb win it. Now it's time to just sling the ball and stop babysitting JP.

Yasgur's Farm
11-13-2006, 11:26 AM
They abandoned the pass because they had no first downs! They couldnt pass for a first down. They couldnt run for a first down. Without first downs, there is no second chance. They are just coming into the game to waste time!

Your "logical hypothesis" sucks. 2 ****ing games and 185 yards???? Thats ****!Your logic is off once again...
The 1st drive...
3rd and 5... JP pass for 8 yards and a 1st down.
3rd and 4... JP pass for 6 yards and a 1st down.
3rd and 13... JP pass for 24 yards and a 1st down.

Follwed by 3 straight run plays and a FG.

So... Drive #1... 3 times JP dropped back to pass on 3rd down... 3 times he completed the pass for 1st down. Obviously the coaches abandoned the pass for another reason than you stated.

Shooting from the hip gets you killed.

Furthermore... No other 3rd down pass attempts were made until the 3rd quarter...
3rd and 10... Incomplete
3rd and 1... Incomplete

4th quarter...
3rd and 6... JP pass for 24 yards and a 1st down.
3rd and 5... sack.

7 times JP dropped back to pass on 3rd down... 4 times he converted... That's a 57% conversion rate.

LtBillsFan66
11-13-2006, 11:58 AM

discuss....
Because:
1) They know JP sucks.
2) They can't get any 1st downs when JP is QBing.

Yasgur's Farm
11-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Because:
1) They know JP sucks.
2) They can't get any 1st downs when JP is QBing.Do you even read any of the other posts?