PDA

View Full Version : Listened to the pressers, I think many have it wrong!

X-Era
11-13-2006, 06:59 AM
JP's whole demeanor was different after this game. He was curt, quick responses, and very serious. Its like he understands how much mental toughness you need to win. He didnt come out and talk about the fact that Indy was a great team, no talk about how good they were. His responses were all about how his team needs to do a better job. He mentioned that hes the leader of the offense and that he needs to force them to get points in the red zone.

I felt like his attitude was right on and that he's learning that the mental aspect is critical and if his team isnt showing it, he needs to step up and make them see it.

I really think his attitude after this game was a stark contrast to his normal responses. I think the fire under his backside has been lit, and that he will start to step up as a leader very soon. Lets just hope his play backs up his words.

Jauron came out very angry after the loss. Heres another guy who didnt dwell on how great the Colts were. Everything he talked about was his team. He mentioned that the pass protection prevented throwing the ball. Im glad he went there, we lost in part due to bad pass protection.

Overall, as I said before, this game was a building block game. I think this team realizes now, how hard it is to get wins and that the mental aspect is just as important. It looks to me like both Jauron and Losman have had the fire get lit under their butts. I really think we will start to play much much better soon.

We are heading the right way, were learning, but we need to show what weve learned. Its coming, but yes we all feel it cant come soon enough.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 07:16 AM
The Coach called out the line?! That's a good sign. It might be time to start the McNally most go thread. Which Loser was Duke Preston in for?! They seemed to pass block better when he was in.

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Losman Always says the right things before and after the game...

This wasnt a "building block" game.. It was a game we should have won agains a team that barely even showed up to play us. If we had ANY Kind of offense at all we win this game.

But we don't.. We have ONE weapon on this team in Evans, and A-Train is a grinder.. Outside of that, our offense is pathetic and ALL parts of those problems need to be addressed when this season is over.

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 08:23 AM
I keep reading how other teams get great lines with lower round picks. Then that means 1) the front office can't find the right guys in the lower rounds and 2) McNally can't get it done.

Fans can't say 'Well he needs better talent' then turn around and say 'but other teams get it done with lower draft picks'. you can't have it both ways.

I feel McNally isn't the answer and we need a better OL coach AND we need better talent.

DraftBoy
11-13-2006, 08:42 AM
JP's whole demeanor was different after this game. He was curt, quick responses, and very serious. Its like he understands how much mental toughness you need to win. He didnt come out and talk about the fact that Indy was a great team, no talk about how good they were. His responses were all about how his team needs to do a better job. He mentioned that hes the leader of the offense and that he needs to force them to get points in the red zone.

I felt like his attitude was right on and that he's learning that the mental aspect is critical and if his team isnt showing it, he needs to step up and make them see it.

I really think his attitude after this game was a stark contrast to his normal responses. I think the fire under his backside has been lit, and that he will start to step up as a leader very soon. Lets just hope his play backs up his words.

Jauron came out very angry after the loss. Heres another guy who didnt dwell on how great the Colts were. Everything he talked about was his team. He mentioned that the pass protection prevented throwing the ball. Im glad he went there, we lost in part due to bad pass protection.

Overall, as I said before, this game was a building block game. I think this team realizes now, how hard it is to get wins and that the mental aspect is just as important. It looks to me like both Jauron and Losman have had the fire get lit under their butts. I really think we will start to play much much better soon.

We are heading the right way, were learning, but we need to show what weve learned. Its coming, but yes we all feel it cant come soon enough.

Id be more concerned about when he's going to learn how to play football in the NFL as opposed to his mental ability to handle questions from the press. Maybe thats just me...

Michael82
11-13-2006, 01:11 PM
The Coach called out the line?! That's a good sign. It might be time to start the McNally most go thread. Which Loser was Duke Preston in for?! They seemed to pass block better when he was in.
Chris Villarrial, but thats because Villarrial always sucks. :ill:

Jeff1220
11-13-2006, 01:28 PM
I must say, I've been hopefully supportive of JP since he was drafted, but as this season has gone on, I've found less and less reasons to be.
I know the line is horrendous and many QBs would struggle behind it, but JP hasn't shown much at all in the way of improving. I'm not talking about just the Colts game here, but JP's whole career as a Bill. I can't remember a Bills QB having as many games in the double digits for passing yardage as JP has had. Then, the games where he does put up yardage in the 100-200 range, the baffling turnovers become a factor. Even David Carr put up better numbers behind the Texans' OL in his first few seasons (and few would argue against that being one of the worst OLs of the past several years).
I've been 50/50 on JP for most of the season, but now that it is more than halfway over, and a decision will need to be made, I'm definitely leaning toward finding a true replacement. That said, I think they could keep JP next season as a back-up and/or competition.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 02:05 PM
When they were in the Red Zone this week how many pass plays did the COACHES call? I cant remember many. It was Run...RUN....RUN all day long no matter what. They are handcuffing JP on purpose to get him the experience. They should of called some more pass plays in certain situations like the 3rd and longs a few red zone opps should of went to pass also. The Playcalling and the OL/Tes/Wr(outside of Evans) ar the problems.

Devin
11-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Id be more concerned about when he's going to learn how to play football in the NFL as opposed to his mental ability to handle questions from the press. Maybe thats just me...

lol

hindsights a ***** isnt it JP.

Ill give him that, he passed the class on press questions after a tough loss with flying colors.

mchurchfie
11-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I think this team realizes now, how hard it is to get wins and that the mental aspect is just as important.
They'll forget by next week, we've been down this road many times before. Next week is a ripe time for them to get blown out.

LtBillsFan66
11-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Can we suit Dan Rather up? I bet he's good at press conferences too. That's if you measure a QB by his PCs.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 02:22 PM

You are an eternal optomist.
That post game attitude doesn't register on the scoreboard.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 02:25 PM
When they were in the Red Zone this week how many pass plays did the COACHES call? I cant remember many. It was Run...RUN....RUN all day long no matter what. They are handcuffing JP on purpose to get him the experience. They should of called some more pass plays in certain situations like the 3rd and longs a few red zone opps should of went to pass also. The Playcalling and the OL/Tes/Wr(outside of Evans) ar the problems.

What ? lol
They ran the ball because they had no faith in the passing game.
What kind of experience would he be getting handing it off ?

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Losman Always says the right things before and after the game...

This wasnt a "building block" game.. It was a game we should have won agains a team that barely even showed up to play us. If we had ANY Kind of offense at all we win this game.

But we don't.. We have ONE weapon on this team in Evans, and A-Train is a grinder.. Outside of that, our offense is pathetic and ALL parts of those problems need to be addressed when this season is over.

Indy would have put up what ever was neccessary to beat the Bills.

The Bills aren't going to beat that team under any circumstance. Don't kid yourself.

raphael120
11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
JP needs to stop the talking and do the walking.