PDA

View Full Version : JP will be the starter in 2007. PERIOD.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 08:08 AM
Let me make this easy for everyone. There is no QB controversy here. It is apparant that JP has the total and 100% support of the coaching staff. The fact that the coaching staff refuses to bootleg JP or roll him out of the pocket so they can develop his pocket awareness his one of several signs that he will be starting next year.

I love reading the posts around here. Even Jauron admitted yesterday that we have struggled all year to protect the passer. This just in. JP's not getting benched. For all of you JPHaters you might as well go find another team because you will be watching him next year as well.

Earthquake Enyart
11-13-2006, 08:11 AM
I trust that Dick and Marv see the same things I see.

Unless we see a dramatic turnaround, JP is history.

Patrick76777
11-13-2006, 08:16 AM
I trust that Dick and Marv see the same things I see.

Unless we see a dramatic turnaround, JP is history.

Not a chance Loser JP is QB next year. Worst QB in the league! I friggen hate him for making my team terrible.

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 08:18 AM
LMAO..
They dont let him run around the pocket because they know he's a TOOL and he'll turn the ball over..

Losman has ALREADY been converted to a "play not to lose quarterback"

How guys don't see that is beyond me.

He loses against Houston. and he comes home the next and has even a bad first TWO drives.. the home crowd is going to turn on him like something you havent seen in a LONG TIME.

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 08:19 AM
I have to think they have decided to force JP to do some things this year even if it hurts us short term. If for some reason by the end of the season he hasn't made the progress that the COACHES think he needs to have made, they will move on.

I also feel that regardless of what the morons on message boards post, if he has made the progress the COACHES wanted to see, then he will be the QB next year.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 08:32 AM
I knew the JPHaters would get drawn to this thread like a moth to an open flame. JP will absolutely start next year. And yes, Dick and Marv are seeing the same thing you are seeing. A line that can't pass block.

DraftBoy
11-13-2006, 08:38 AM
I knew the JPHaters would get drawn to this thread like a moth to an open flame. JP will absolutely start next year. And yes, Dick and Marv are seeing the same thing you are seeing. A line that can't pass block.

They also see a QB who had the worse line in college football who made plays then, not make plays now. Your OL sucks reasoning is old and played out. You still dont dare touch his mental capacity for the game, or the fact that when he gets time he doesnt always make the most use of it. The list goes on and on, and all you want to talk about is the OL? Gimme a break...JP being the starter come opening day 07 is irrelevant. We pickup a FA or a rookie in the draft and JP's days are numbered.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 08:41 AM
They also see a QB who had the worse line in college football who made plays then, not make plays now. Your OL sucks reasoning is old and played out. You still dont dare touch his mental capacity for the game, or the fact that when he gets time he doesnt always make the most use of it. The list goes on and on, and all you want to talk about is the OL? Gimme a break...JP being the starter come opening day 07 is irrelevant. We pickup a FA or a rookie in the draft and JP's days are numbered.

In college they didn't force him to stay in the pocket. They are doing it now for a reason. DEVELOPMENT.

As far as picking up another QB that is a forgone conclusion. Holcomb is gone so we will need a replacement. JP will win another QB competition so I'm sure he will be the starter next year.

DraftBoy
11-13-2006, 08:43 AM
In college they didn't force him to stay in the pocket. They are doing it now for a reason. DEVELOPMENT.

As far as picking up another QB that is a forgone conclusion. Holcomb is gone so we will need a replacement. JP will win another QB competition so I'm sure he will be the starter next year.

Thank you Coach Jauron please tell me more about your planned development for JP..

They said the same thing about Kyle Boller too.

DraftBoy
11-13-2006, 08:44 AM
By the way you still didnt address any of the other concerns I have with JP

Inetpub
11-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Thank you Coach Jauron please tell me more about your planned development for JP..

They said the same thing about Kyle Boller too.

LOL!! :dance:

Lets hope JP is history. Worst QB in Buffalo Bills History.

Iehoshua
11-13-2006, 08:51 AM

Lets hope JP is history. Worst QB in Buffalo Bills History.You've obviously not been a Bills fan for very long...

Inetpub
11-13-2006, 09:02 AM
You've obviously not been a Bills fan for very long...

Your obviously not a smart Buffalo Bills fan. I can take shots all day. End of the day, JP still sucks.

Dr. Lecter
11-13-2006, 09:03 AM

Lets hope JP is history. Worst QB in Buffalo Bills History.

lol!

Aparently you never watched Joe Dufek, Bruce Mathisaon, Vince Ferragamo, Gary Marangi, Dan Manucci, or Willie Toten.

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 09:13 AM
lol!

Aparently you never watched Joe Dufek, Bruce Mathisaon, Vince Ferragamo, Gary Marangi, Dan Manucci, or Willie Toten.

nah I refer to posters like him as '90's clowns'. They jumped aboard during 4 superbowls and unfortunately never left

Bill Cody
11-13-2006, 09:17 AM
The manlove for this mullet headed bum is truly amazing. Get your arms around this Losmaniacs: if we have a chance to draft Quinn or Smith we will do so faster than JP can say "do you you want fries with that".:dance:

Jan Reimers
11-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Actually, I still support JP and love his physical skills. But if the coaching staff continues to handle him as they have this year - and the last couple of games in particular - I would just as soon he sit now and not be back next year.

It's painful to watch a strong armed, athletic kid try to play in chains, particularly when you see other young QBs around the league allowed to play their games and make the inevitable mistakes that come with the territory.

And those of you who think JP is the worst QB in the league, or the worst in Bills' history, haven't seen nearly enough games this year, or in the past.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2006, 10:02 AM

:plane: Im no longer the King JP hater. :calm: I expect JP to finish the year as starter and I expect JP to be the starter next year. Why, you might ask? Because this is Buffalo. Let's keep dishing out misery. :sadwalk:

DraftBoy
11-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Actually, I still support JP and love his physical skills. But if the coaching staff continues to handle him as they have this year - and the last couple of games in particular - I would just as soon he sit now and not be back next year.

It's painful to watch a strong armed, athletic kid try to play in chains, particularly when you see other young QBs around the league allowed to play their games and make the inevitable mistakes that come with the territory.

And those of you who think JP is the worst QB in the league, or the worst in Bills' history, haven't seen nearly enough games this year, or in the past.

I agree I was hoping in the 2nd half of the season they would cut him loose and realize its make or break time for him and this franchise. Open the playbook and let him play his way and lets see what he can do.

justasportsfan
11-13-2006, 10:17 AM
I would like the coaches use the rest of the season to evaluate our players especially the qb position. It was obvious they were sticking to the gameplan by keeping Manning off the field. Thats fine and dandy if we had something to play for like a playoff spot.Forget trying to win games.

They should just let Losman play the game by taking off the shacklers. Let him loose. If he stinks it up then we know we should go find a qb for the future. They are conservatively ,slowly trying to develop JP in a very cautious manner. Forget that, let him play. We've got nothing to lose anymore. I know Fairchild is not stupid. If he wants to see if JP is capable of being his Mark Bulger, let him sling it.

Michael82
11-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Let me make this easy for everyone. There is no QB controversy here. It is apparant that JP has the total and 100% support of the coaching staff. The fact that the coaching staff refuses to bootleg JP or roll him out of the pocket so they can develop his pocket awareness his one of several signs that he will be starting next year.

I love reading the posts around here. Even Jauron admitted yesterday that we have struggled all year to protect the passer. This just in. JP's not getting benched. For all of you JPHaters you might as well go find another team because you will be watching him next year as well.
You know, I was starting to wonder why they are setting him up to fail...but it never occurred to me. You are exactly right. They plan on him being here for the long term, but they want him to get better in the pocket as his first step, even though there is no pocket. They will work on that next year and JP will be the starter again. Jauron will let the vets know that too. :up: I hope you are right. :pray:

Michael82
11-13-2006, 10:55 AM

good point, I hate the idea to force him to be a pocket passer, but if he is the QB of the future and you have no doubt that he will be here next year, it makes perfect sense, as long as it works. Like you said, if he doesnt show them any progress in the pocket, they will make a move.

Jan Reimers
11-13-2006, 11:06 AM
I would like the coaches use the rest of the season to evaluate our players especially the qb position. It was obvious they were sticking to the gameplan by keeping Manning off the field. Thats fine and dandy if we had something to play for like a playoff spot.Forget trying to win games.

They should just let Losman play the game by taking off the shacklers. Let him loose. If he stinks it up then we know we should go find a qb for the future. They are conservatively ,slowly trying to develop JP in a very cautious manner. Forget that, let him play. We've got nothing to lose anymore. I know Fairchild is not stupid. If he wants to see if JP is capable of being his Mark Bulger, let him sling it.
I completely agree, justa, and as far as sticking to our game plan and keeping Manning off the field, that didn't work, anyway. After our first, very good drive of 8:08, the Colts were on the field for 33:48 of the last 51:52. The only thing that kept the score respectable was Manning not being able to go deep, and our fumble recoveries. It was NOT our ball control running offense.

Romes
11-13-2006, 11:13 AM

Exactly. If this coaching staff really does believe in Losman than they should show it by letting him sling it more.

The only problem though is that the OL doesn't exactly shine in passing situations.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Don't worry about been stuck with Losman in 2007.

It won't happen.

Ralph Wilson is going to bring this fiasco to an end.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Ill bet you right now GLu that JP is the starter next year barring injury.

Devin
11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
The thing I dont understand is what can people who actually watch the games and follow football can say JP has showed them?

This isnt blind hatred or anything, ive been objective with this kid 3 years almost, I want nothing more then for him to succeed and give Buffalo a legit QB.

And yes countless times its been said he has tons of physical gifts. But when has JP EVER stood up, acted like a leader on the field and driven this team the way a QB should. When has JP ever shown a field awarness, vision or plain ol football instinct.

Now I know Mikey and Co. will be quick to use the coaching/OL/JP is a 3 year rookie/any other random illegit excuse. And hey whatever helps you sleep at night.........if that makes you feel better about things thats great.

I am a Bills fan, but I am also a Football fan in general.

Forget the great qb's, younger qb's like Eli, Rivers, Ben, Lienart, hell even Vince Young have something JP just doesnt posess.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Ill bet you right now GLu that JP is the starter next year barring injury.

That would be a bet you would lose.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
The coaches gameplan for this season is obvious bring JP along slowly. VERY Slowly and make him learn pocket passing to learn to read the defenses in the NFL and for the speed of the game. I acc like the path they are taking and its a path most teams wouldnt take because of the win now attitude. What they are doing is going to make JP a better QB and a better QB for us for years to come. I like it and all you doubters and haters will see that next year IF they make the right moves on the Oline and TE

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Then lets bet GFlu. Name the damn bet.

DraftBoy
11-13-2006, 02:48 PM
The coaches gameplan for this season is obvious bring JP along slowly. VERY Slowly and make him learn pocket passing to learn to read the defenses in the NFL and for the speed of the game. I acc like the path they are taking and its a path most teams wouldnt take because of the win now attitude. What they are doing is going to make JP a better QB and a better QB for us for years to come. I like it and all you doubters and haters will see that next year IF they make the right moves on the Oline and TE

Ten weeks in and Id say either they are failing or JP just isnt getting it

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Then lets bet GFlu. Name the damn bet.

How the hell am I going to bet with someone on the internet , that I really don't know ?

Tell me how that's possible.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Ill hold up my end trust me. Anything you want to bet. If im def going to lose like you said then you have nothing to lose right?

Novacane
11-13-2006, 04:13 PM

Spare us that "JP Haters" garbage. Fans can critisize crap play, see the writing on the wall that he's gonna be a bust and not hate him. Maybe you just have "lover" blinders on

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 04:19 PM

This is the very same crap they tried to pawn off when Rob Johnson was the QB.
How many offensive coodinators did it take for the Robo groupies to finally realize it wasn't the coaches ?
Same fanatics with the same mental defects.

justasportsfan
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Don't worry about been stuck with Losman in 2007.

It won't happen.

If Jauron has his way , chances are JP is our qb next year. Check out Chris browns blog for today.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 04:28 PM
If Jauron has his way , chances are JP is our qb next year. Check out Chris bwons blofg for today.

Jauron won't make the decision Wilson will.

justasportsfan
11-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Jauron won't make the decision Wilson will.you honestly think Wilson will go against Marv's pick and create a problem with Marv? I can see that happening if this team is no where in three years Not in Marv's first year.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Come on GFlu make a bet. Your so sure youll win.

X-Era
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM

Wow, I see the lame response by the hater-buddy-humpers.

You guys are ridiculous. Forget it, Jauron and co are behind him.

I wont promise anything for next year, but I think its unlikely that Jauron will be willing to start all over with some draftee when he openly admits our pass protection stinks. I see him working to fix the line and then starting JP next year. The only way he goes in another QB direction is if we sign or trade for someone who is tangibly much much better. Notice I said tangibly, still waiting for the 17 starts worth of data on Schaub. Trade for a young stud? maybe but its less likely than Dick and Marv fixing the lines and sticking with JP.

Its not a promise, but I think its likely that JP gets another year behind a better o-line. 30 mill in cap, our HC states our pass protection stinks, the stars are aligning that we WONT be spending big money OR high picks on a QB.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 08:38 PM
you honestly think Wilson will go against Marv's pick and create a problem with Marv? I can see that happening if this team is no where in three years Not in Marv's first year.

I don't think he'll be going against Marv.

I think he'll be making it easier on them by making the call to give Losman the boot.

I think Marv and Jauron realize that Losman is an experiment at best and want to move on.

paladin warrior
11-13-2006, 09:09 PM
:tap: ---HUMMM Nope! I don't think so.. Jp will be jackass part 3

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 09:20 PM
This isnt blind hatred or anything, ive been objective with this kid 3 years almost, I want nothing more then for him to succeed and give Buffalo a legit QB.

Well if you have been obejective for 3 years than you realize he didn't play his first year.

Nighthawk
11-13-2006, 09:22 PM

I don't know what's going to happen...I don't have a crystal ball, but if they were going to develop him to be the QB of the future, then they would allow him to throw the ball around and get a feel for reading defenses. What they are doing now is dumming down the offense so that his mistakes are few and he doesn't kill the team. At least that is what I'm seeing.

HHURRICANE
11-13-2006, 09:29 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=113295

Thank you Kerr!! I called it.

I asked coach Jauron what he thought about whether he thought J.P.'s development was being hindered by the pass protection. Here is his response.
“We’re not happy with our performance," Jauron said. "We struggled in protection. That has a great effect on your quarterback whoever it is. J.P. is getting better and he performed pretty well. Again yesterday we had no turnovers offensively. That was a factor in keeping us in the ballgame. We have to continue to find the things that we can do well and do those things within our scheme, while we’re getting this offensive line together after the moves and developing. J.P. is part of some of the problems that we have, but he’s certainly not the only person. And I don’t think we’ve had a whole lot of luck. It seems like people take turns and the mistakes hurt us. The long and short of it is I do believe J.P. is developing. I do believe that he’s going to be a really good quarterback in this league and we’ve got to get him help. We’ve got to get him more help.”
I followed up and asked specifically if the pass protection is consistent enough for him to read defenses in the pocket and develop and he had this response.
“I really believe whatever happens you develop from it," Jauron said. "You learn something every day and on every play hopefully that advances your progress. He’s working at it. He’s done a good job.”
He was also asked if they might look at rolling Losman out more and allow him to make plays on the move.

Devin
11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Well if you have been obejective for 3 years than you realize he didn't play his first year.

Ill put this one to bed quick.

Whether you play or not, when you are a QB on an NFL roster....ESPECIALLY year 1.......you are expected to learn regardless.

Just because you dont play doesnt mean its a year off. This is the top of the line, whether you are playing or sitting you are working.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Ill put this one to bed quick.

Whether you play or not, when you are a QB on an NFL roster....ESPECIALLY year 1.......you are expected to learn regardless.

Just because you dont play doesnt mean its a year off. This is the top of the line, whether you are playing or sitting you are working.

Is 17 games enough to evaluate the QB position? If so than there are plenty of starting QB's that should have been benched. Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning just to name a few. Plus they all started behind lines that were significantly better than ours.