PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Sullivan Wrote it best this morning

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 08:42 AM
He writes today..

Still, there's a fine line between playing smart and playing scared. On Sunday, they essentially gave up on the passing game against a Colts defense that was without its two starting safeties, its two top defensive tackles, and a starting linebacker. They coached in fear of both quarterbacks - Manning and their own. "

That is SO true.. So either Jauron has zero confidence in him (which if is the case get him out of there or you're defense is really going to explode)...

Or.. Losman is just a bum.

Take your pick.. Either way, this offense is and will be NOTHING with losman in there.

gr8slayer
11-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Losman has till the endof the season.

PromoTheRobot
11-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah....and what happened every other time JP dropped back?? S-A-C-K!!!! Maybe Jauron fears his O-line more than his QB?

F*** Jerry Sullivan! If Jauron had aired it out, he would have complained the Bills didn't run it enough on the Colts poor run D. No matter what you do, it's never right. That's the beauty of his job. He can write out his ass and never gets called out for it.

And when you do call him out, he cries like a baby. I wrote him an e-mail once after he wrote an article bashing Tom Donahoe for drafting a bust like Mike Williams. I reminded Jerry that he wrote several articles PRAISING TD for that pick four years ago. He wrote me back all pissy saying it was his perogative as a columnist to change his mind! What a douchebag.

PTR

Michael82
11-13-2006, 09:45 AM
I think that Fairchild is scared of the ****ty OL and the QB. Plus he is stuck on trying to force the pocket passer down Losman's throat and it's not working. So they should let Losman play the game the way that fits him best.

feelthepain
11-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah....and what happened every other time JP dropped back?? S-A-C-K!!!! Maybe Jauron fears his O-line more than his QB?

F*** Jerry Sullivan! If Jauron had aired it out, he would have complained the Bills didn't run it enough on the Colts poor run D. No matter what you do, it's never right. That's the beauty of his job. He can write out his ass and never gets called out for it.

And when you do call him out, he cries like a baby. I wrote him an e-mail once after he wrote an article bashing Tom Donahoe for drafting a bust like Mike Williams. I reminded Jerry that he wrote several articles PRAISING TD for that pick four years ago. He wrote me back all pissy saying it was his perogative as a columnist to change his mind! What a douchebag.

PTR

The Oline isn't to blame for every sack, JP should be picking up the blitz or pass rush faster and make teams pay for it. He's not, you can blame JP just as much as the Oline for the sacks. JP just doen't have the ability to win games with his head.

Elminster
11-13-2006, 11:04 AM
JP Losman was sacked 4 times out of 17 drop backs, or nearly 25% of his drop backs. If Mike Vick had our oline yesterday, he would've been sacked nearly 10 times. I use Vick because he is one of the most sacked QBs in the league. It astonishes me that our oline cannot protect its QB 25% of the time...that's just downright sad, I'm sorry....

Jan Reimers
11-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I think that Fairchild is scared of the ****ty OL and the QB. Plus he is stuck on trying to force the pocket passer down Losman's throat and it's not working. So they should let Losman play the game the way that fits him best.
Or put him on the bench. I don't much care anymore, and I'm so tired of it, I may not even watch the Houston game.

I still think JP has the potential to be a very good QB, but Jauron's and Fairchild's handling of the situation is making me sick.

Mudflap1
11-13-2006, 11:35 AM
I think the coaches are scared of the line more than the quarterback.

Jon

Michael82
11-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Or put him on the bench. I don't much care anymore, and I'm so tired of it, I may not even watch the Houston game.

I still think JP has the potential to be a very good QB, but Jauron's and Fairchild's handling of the situation is making me sick.
Me too, man! Me too. It reminds me of the way Mularkey handled Losman, except Jauron didn't bench him yet. :ill: :puke:

Michael82
11-13-2006, 12:05 PM
I think the coaches are scared of the line more than the quarterback.

Jon
I think so too. :hi5:

TacklingDummy
11-13-2006, 12:34 PM
JP Losman was sacked 4 times out of 17 drop backs, or nearly 25% of his drop backs. If Mike Vick had our oline yesterday, he would've been sacked nearly 10 times. I use Vick because he is one of the most sacked QBs in the league.

Losman sacked 30 times
Vick sacked 24 times for 138 yards

Why are you using a QB that gets sacked less then Losman to try and make Losman look better?

JP sacked 30 times for 243 yards
Oaklands QBs have been sacked 47 times for 261 yards.
17 more times Oaklands QBs have been sacked for only 18 yards more.

Elminster
11-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Losman sacked 30 times
Vick sacked 24 times for 138 yards

Why are you using a QB that gets sacked less then Losman to try and make Losman look better?

JP sacked 30 times for 243 yards
Oaklands QBs have been sacked 47 times for 261 yards.
17 more times Oaklands QBs have been sacked for only 18 yards more.
Way to not understand my comparison. I said that JP was sacked on nearly a quarter of his dropbacks, and extrapolated using Mike Vick as an example(he threw 40 passes yesterday) to demonstrate WHY the coacvhing staff doesn't want to pass a lot. It's because JP would probably be sacked many times(creating a higher probability for fumbles just by increasing the number of times he gets hit) and generally providing little or no benefit because our oline simply cannot be counted on to hold up AT ALL in ANY situation when we have JP dorp back to pass...

TacklingDummy
11-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Way to not understand my comparison. I said that JP was sacked on nearly a quarter of his dropbacks, and extrapolated using Mike Vick as an example(he threw 40 passes yesterday) to demonstrate WHY the coacvhing staff doesn't want to pass a lot. It's because JP would probably be sacked many times(creating a higher probability for fumbles just by increasing the number of times he gets hit) and generally providing little or no benefit because our oline simply cannot be counted on to hold up AT ALL in ANY situation when we have JP dorp back to pass...

Thanks, that explains it better. I misunderstood the first post.

Its still sad the Oakland QBs have been sacked 17 more times then JP and for only 18 more yards. I guess when JP gets sacked he makes the most of it.

Plus it tells me JP is taking deeper drop backs, holding onto the ball to long, and not throwing it away.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 03:19 PM
To me Losman just looks hopeless.

Put someone else in there and let's see how bad this line is.

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 03:21 PM
AS much as I hate Holcomb, he can get rid of the ball a lot faster and feels the rush better.

I wanted Losman in on the premise of a lot of big plays down the field. If he's going to throw for 100 yards per game, why is he even there?

Elminster
11-13-2006, 03:37 PM
AS much as I hate Holcomb, he can get rid of the ball a lot faster and feels the rush better.

I wanted Losman in on the premise of a lot of big plays down the field. If he's going to throw for 100 yards per game, why is he even there?
Because the dinking-and-dunking, game-managing stuff is part of being a good QB. We already know he has a cannon, but he must also learn how to play it safe, to counteract his instinct to make the big play. That's my take...he not only needs to learn how to win, but also how to not lose...