PDA

View Full Version : JP's great, it's the rest of the team that stinks!

Patrick76777
11-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Nevermind that the D is coming around. The linebackers are playing well. The CB's are really starting to play well. The DL still needs to improve on stopping the run, but as a whole, the D is playing better and forcing turnovers.

The running game is working,

Rebuilding is going along nice. We just need a QB worth a half a S#it.

New Orleans was the 2nd worst team in the league last year. flat out terrible.

This year, they get a QB and they're probably going to win the NFC South.

Rebuidling can be done in one year. Unless you want to waste 4 years on a P.O.S. QB.

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 09:09 AM
They need a new QUARTERBACK AND a better offensive line.

NEITHER is good enough to win in this league.. Unless we like talking about next year's draft come week seven every season.

jimmifli
11-13-2006, 09:21 AM
How do you think all those working parts feel when they look at the scoreboard and see their efforts flushed down the ****ter?

You think they're going to want to stick around? While we build for the future? The only people who want to stay on a loser are the kinds of players that we don't want.

Rebuilding is a bull**** excuse. It doesn't even take a year. It takes a commitment to winning, instead of a commitment to a player.

Patrick76777
11-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Rebuilding is a bull**** excuse. It doesn't even take a year. It takes a commitment to winning, instead of a commitment to a player.

EXACTLY!

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 09:29 AM
How do you think all those working parts feel when they look at the scoreboard and see their efforts flushed down the ****ter?

You think they're going to want to stick around? While we build for the future? The only people who want to stay on a loser are the kinds of players that we don't want.

Right on..
The Jets and Saints were both worse than us last year, picked 4th and 2nd respectively in the draft, and are both strong contenders for the playoffs already..

The Packers (5th) are still alive and even Houston (1st) is getting better after SWEEPING Jacksonville..

Rebuild = Horse****.

Right on man, you dont commit to a player, commit to WINNING

Bill Cody
11-13-2006, 09:34 AM
It's funny, New Orleans has no big names on their OL and last year everyone was saying their line was a joke. Replace Brooks with Brees and all of sudden their line is pretty good. We need a RT but all this talk about how bad our line is is rubbish.

TigerJ
11-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah, there's no excuse for not beating the Colts yesterday. In trampled them. If the offensive line wasn't so demoralized by Losman's poor play they would be blocking like all pros. Four missed passes, are you kidding me. Had it been Phil Rivers, it would have only been a couple missed passes, and they would have been drops of catchable balls. I think Rian Lindell must have been thinking about Losman too when he shanked the pass wide right.

Patrick76777
11-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah, there's no excuse for not beating the Colts yesterday. In trampled them. If the offensive line wasn't so demoralized by Losman's poor play they would be blocking like all pros. Four missed passes, are you kidding me. Had it been Phil Rivers, it would have only been a couple missed passes, and they would have been drops of catchable balls. I think Rian Lindell must have been thinking about Losman too when he shanked the pass wide right.

It's not about 8-12, It's about 12. meaning that the coaches knew that with Loser back at QB, the only way to win was not let him throw the ball.

now were' suppose to be happy because 8-12 is 66%. What a crock.

this guy is AWFUL. Get him off the team.

jimmifli
11-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Look at Miami.

They weren't committed to their expensive, pro-bowl, free agent, off-season acquisition. They were committed to winning. Committed enough to recognize that even Joey ****ing Harrington could play better that the sack of **** they had in there.

I give them props for sticking Pep on the bench. That'd never happen in Buffalo.

jimmifli
11-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Some interesting post game remarks from Lee Evans:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061113/1062692.asp

You'd never get a defensive player to say it. But once he had time to gather his thoughts, Evans was honest about it. He said he felt like the offense had let the defense down.
"Yeah," Evans said. "We play well from the 30 to the 30, and that's it. That's the bottom line. Same old thing. Same old thing."
You seem pretty upset, someone said.
"Yeah, I'm upset," Evans said. "Yeah, I'm upset. Yeah, I'm upset, because we're right there, you know what I mean? We're right there. We gave ourselves plenty of opportunities, and we came out with a loss."

Sound like a guy who wants to stick around after his rookie ends?

LtBillsFan66
11-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Whether he's a better QB or not, doesn't everyone find it funny that Holcomb didn't get sacked as much as JP?

There is not question that some QBs are more prone to getting sacked. Because they are predictable and don't have pocket awareness.

When a QB isn't predictable and knows when to either step up or roll out or throw the ball away, the opposing D can't tee off. Like they are able to do against JP (and they did against Drew and RJ).

TigerJ
11-13-2006, 12:55 PM
It's not about 8-12, It's about 12. meaning that the coaches knew that with Loser back at QB, the only way to win was not let him throw the ball.

now were' suppose to be happy because 8-12 is 66%. What a crock.

this guy is AWFUL. Get him off the team.

Asside from the fact it was 13 attempts and 9 completions:

The Giants must have had the right formula for beating the Colts. They threw the ball 34 times, and completed 20. Oh yeah, they lost 26-21.

Maybe they threw a little too much. Surely Houston must have had it right they threw a little less, only 26 times. David Carr was on fire. He only missed 4 of those passes. Unfortunately, they lost 43-24.

Jacksonville attempted 28. They lost by a touchdown.

The Jets came close, losing by only 3. Pennington was 17 of 23.

Tennesse matched Buffalo by coming within a point of the Colts. Vince Young was making his second start and attempted 21 passes, the fewest to that point in the season versus the Colts. He completed only one more than Buffalo did however. The game summary at NFL stated ". . . Jeff Fisher decided to play it safe by attacking the Colts' porous defense the same way every opponent has this season -- running inside."

Maybe teams just need a grizzled veteran to make that passing game work. Brunnell attempted 37 passes. Oops, they lost 36-22.

Well, surely Denver had more success. They played a pretty good game, as a matter of fact, losing only 34-31. By the way, they matched Tennesse to that point in the season for the fewest passing attempts, 21.

Tom Brady is a great QB. I'm sure he can make a passing game work versus Indianapolis. He was 20 of 35 in the Colts/Patriots game, And, oh yeah, New England lost by a touchdown.

So, statistically, teams have come closest to winning by attempting the least number of passes. Buffalo came into Indianapolis knowing that, and also knowing they have an offensive line that can't pass protect, but has been OK of late run blocking. Just maybe, the game strategy for Buffalo was about doing what works best versus Indianapolis, and not so much about lack of trust of Losman. I saw an idiot post elsewhere that stated that running the ball on Indianapolis hasn't proved to be a winning strategy. Well duh! They are 9-0. Nothing has proved to be a winning strategy versus the Colts, especially passing. I suspect if you go back to 2005, the same is probably true, though Indianapolis was better at stopping the run a year ago. They didn't start losing games until they started holding out players to protect them for the playoffs.

I am not saying Losman should be our QB next season. He still has to show me more than he has before I can make that endorsement. I'm just saying, I cannot see the validity of crucifying the guy for leading the Bills to a one point loss against the only undefeated team in the league just because the coaching staff chose to go with a game plan that showed more potential for hanging close to the Colts and possibly beating them than any other strategy has shown.

Patrick76777
11-13-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm just saying, I cannot see the validity of crucifying the guy for leading the Bills to a one point loss against the only undefeated team in the league just because the coaching staff chose to go with a game plan that showed more potential for hanging close to the Colts and possibly beating them than any other strategy has shown.

Leading the team to a 1 point loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me. I've been calm for weeks talking about that loser, but that just put me over the edge.

He didn't lead that team to anything yesterday. Or last week for that matter. D and ST's is the only reason we beat Green Bay and stayed with Indy. JP had NOTHING and i mean NOTHING to do with it.

Lead us to a 1 point loss. Are you on meth?

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Leading the team to a 1 point loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me. I've been calm for weeks talking about that loser, but that just put me over the edge.

He didn't lead that team to anything yesterday. Or last week for that matter. D and ST's is the only reason we beat Green Bay and stayed with Indy. JP had NOTHING and i mean NOTHING to do with it.

Again, your posting count goes up, but nothing informative comes from it. JP put us in a position to win the game, not have a 1 point loss. He doesn't kick field goals. Had Linedell hit the FG that he was put in position to hit...

Again, stick to drinking and passing out.

LtBillsFan66
11-13-2006, 01:28 PM

Brett Favre led the Bills to their win.

LtBillsFan66
11-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Again, your posting count goes up, but nothing informative comes from it. JP put us in a position to win the game, not have a 1 point loss. He doesn't kick field goals. Had Linedell hit the FG that he was put in position to hit...

Again, stick to drinking and passing out.
JP did not put us in a position to win anything. Unless he was returning kicks and recovering fumbles.

Patrick76777
11-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Brett Favre led the Bills to their win.

That was crazy.

BTW, did you see ICE's post. LMAO. I love that guy.

LtBillsFan66
11-13-2006, 01:32 PM
That was crazy.

BTW, did you see ICE's post. LMAO. I love that guy.
JP should not show up to games. So he can put us in a better position to win games.

Patrick76777
11-13-2006, 01:34 PM
JP should not show up to games. So he can put us in a better position to win games.

He's get worse every game. But people still won't back down from that stupid 16 games thing.

It makes no sense.

Earthquake Enyart
11-13-2006, 03:57 PM
He's get worse every game. But people still won't back down from that stupid 16 games thing.

It makes no sense.
Now it's to the point where the coaches don't even want to let him drop back. Maybe next week, we'll just run the single wing option.

LtBillsFan66
11-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Now it's to the point where the coaches don't even want to let him drop back. Maybe next week, we'll just run the single wing option.
Then his boyfriends will commend him for not throwing a single incomplete pass.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Whether he's a better QB or not, doesn't everyone find it funny that Holcomb didn't get sacked as much as JP?

They do realize it and that is exactly why they protest so strongly against giving another QB a start.

As soon as another QB gets in there this whole charade is exposed.