PDA

View Full Version : The OL does blow, there is no question, but...

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 10:26 AM
In all fairness when do they end our time with JP and say enough is enough. I stated in another thread that it seems the coaches goal is to force JP to stay in the pocket, not audible and just make the play work. I agree and disagree.

I disagree because fairchild is still calling stupid plays. he still calls for 5 step drop patterns that take too long to develop. This is an issue because we all know this OL sucks.

I agree because JP needs to come to the LOS, read the coverage and knowing his OL sucks, make a read and get rid of the ball. His WR's also have to help him out. Know the play isn't going to work, let JP know they are running a hot route and run it. JP also has to get them the ball when the HR is ran.

My concerns with JP is a glaring lack of read and recognition skills STILL after 3 years. Film at some point DOES help. The kid now has 17 starts under his belt and is still having trouble with this aspect of the game.

some are saying 'well you gotta do what he is good at and roll him out'. NO! Just like Vince Young in Tenn, the QB must be developed to play the game at the NFL Level. Steve Young had to do it and JP will have to as well.

That said, JP has to get all 16 games and he will. Why? Many reasons...but here are a couple...

1) it shows a future draft pick or FA he will get full backing no matter what.
2) It shows ALL fans and Ralph Wilson they gave him every opportunity to succeed and he either did or didn't.

No one knows what it is the COACHES want to see in him as for as development. I would have to think they haven't seen it yet but I dont know what their goals are with JP.

I will say we need MUCH Better talent on the OL this next offseason and a new OL coach. As I said before, Either Marv and Co can't find good talent in lower rounds like other teams do OR McNally just can't get them ready. It is one of the two or BOTH. Either way I feel its time to part ways with McNally or go out and get probowl / Non miss studs for him to work with. Either way, regardless of QB, this OL blows outside of two positions and we need help.

alohabillsfan
11-13-2006, 11:30 AM
ICE, AGREE 100% JP needs time to read and throw, right now he has ZIP! Just like you need confidence in your receivers you also need confidence in your line!

Michael82
11-13-2006, 01:20 PM
ICE, AGREE 100% JP needs time to read and throw, right now he has ZIP! Just like you need confidence in your receivers you also need confidence in your line!
i don't think he has confidence in either. Except for Lee Evans. :(

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 01:28 PM
i don't think he has confidence in either. Except for Lee Evans. :(

He has no confidence in his OL and nor should he. He has no confidence in the TE's or other WR's and again....nor should he.

The flipside is he needs to do more as well to gain those players confidence. See most haters want JP to do it first and it doesn't work that way. Everyone has to work together at the same time to get better.

Michael82
11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
He has no confidence in his OL and nor should he. He has no confidence in the TE's or other WR's and again....nor should he.

The flipside is he needs to do more as well to gain those players confidence. See most haters want JP to do it first and it doesn't work that way. Everyone has to work together at the same time to get better.
Good post. :clap:

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 01:51 PM
The choice is obvious. Give him 7 more games to prove himself.