PDA

View Full Version : Clean house Offensively in the offseason.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2006, 11:50 AM
The only players whos spot should be safe would be Peters and Evans.

YardRat
11-13-2006, 12:19 PM
And replace them with who?

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 12:22 PM
well with 33 million in cap room, I would say with just about anyone we wanted.

djjimkelly
11-13-2006, 12:33 PM
sadly if thast 33 mil is spent right after we sign 4-5 guys who are worth a damn we will have about 10 more mil to spend

don137
11-13-2006, 01:49 PM
well with 33 million in cap room, I would say with just about anyone we wanted.
It takes two to tango. Half the league is in great cap position so it is a players market out there and they can pick and choose where they want to go and still get the contract they want.

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Locks to be back:
Evans
Peters
Royal (too much money paid to cut already)
Fowler
Willis/ATrain tandem (plus under contract)

Say bye bye to:
Losman
Villarrial
Gandy (FA anyway)
Price (as a starter anyway)

PLUS:
new starter at RT, and possibly TE. (or at least a pass catching threat)

Bmax
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Locks to be back:
Evans
Peters
Fowler

Say bye bye to:
Losman
Villarrial
Gandy (FA anyway)

PLUS:

I agree with most of what was posted....This offense is dreadful....But who do you replace Losman with ? I think the first pick will be an offensive guy....No linemen.. My bet right now would be Ted Ginn IF HE WAS AVAILABLE...I know this pick will tick off Bills fans...With Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn , Adrian Peterson and Joe Thomas Gone we will take best Available.. After Thomas there is no Linemen worthy of a top ten pick....You can get good Guards in rd 2 ,3, and 4....

Woodley,Adams and Moses could also be considered in rd 1.....

Bmax

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Get ready for another very mediocre offseason in FA. It has become a trend in Buffalo. We are not going to sign any of the big names we want.

SABURZFAN
11-13-2006, 06:55 PM
who do you replace Losman with ?

:roflmao:

just about anybody.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Get ready for another very mediocre offseason in FA. It has become a trend in Buffalo. We are not going to sign any of the big names we want.
So we are just going to sit at 33 mil under the cap? :shakeno:

HHURRICANE
11-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Locks to be back:
Evans
Peters
Fowler

Say bye bye to:
Losman
Villarrial
Gandy (FA anyway)

PLUS:

Stupid post. Why would they cut Losman?! Even if he gets benched they are going to bring him back. He knows the system and would be a backup to another starter. Anyway he'll definately be starting in week one next year. I'll bet money on it.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2006, 08:41 AM
If there aren't legitimate starting replacements for Gandy, Villareal, and whoever the "flavor du jour" is right now at RT I will not be watching this team next year. PERIOD.

Three years is long enough to fix an obvious problem and I have to really question my intelligence when they keep putting the same crap product on the field and expect a different result.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Stupid post. Why would they cut Losman?! Even if he gets benched they are going to bring him back. He knows the system and would be a backup to another starter. Anyway he'll definately be starting in week one next year. I'll bet money on it.
At this exact moment I don't know how you can guarantee anyone on this offense besides Peters and Evans.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 08:58 AM
If there aren't legitimate starting replacements for Gandy, Villareal, and whoever the "flavor du jour" is right now at RT I will not be watching this team next year. PERIOD.

Three years is long enough to fix an obvious problem and I have to really question my intelligence when they keep putting the same crap product on the field and expect a different result.
Don't be a gay bandwagon Jumper.

jamze132
11-14-2006, 09:38 AM
JP will be on the team next year whether he is playing or holding Kelly's clipboard. Gandy, Villareal, and Price will be gone. We need the rest of the lineman we have now for depth, with the exception of Peter's who should be switched back to RT where he is more comfotable IF we can sign a #1 LT. If not, it's easier to find a productive RT. Gimme two new guards and a center.

alohabillsfan
11-14-2006, 11:08 AM
First off I am glad you are not the Buffalo Bills GM! Who will plat LG, C, RG, RT WRx4, TEx3, RB x3 FBx2? Now I realize that this is just a knee jerk reaction after a season of ineptitude, but, do you really think replacing all of these players with new ones is the answer then you have never seen an expansion football team in their first year, here are the most recent,

Houston 13.31 per game
Carolina 16.12 per game
Buffalo 15.55 per game

So if we scrap everything look at what we would get! Remember, they recieved additional draft picks and the ability to get players from other teams (to complicated to explain here).

What we REALLY NEED in this order
OFFENSE
1) RT most likely draft (RD 2-- If the plan is to move Peters back to RT then RD1 LT)
2) RG (FA Steinbach) COST 23M over 6 years with 12M last 2 yrs (see Lecharles B)
3) Possession Reciever (FA Drew Bennett) COST 21M 3.5 per yr avg (back load 8M)
4) TE FA (Eric Johnson) COST Should not be breaking the bank! Went to YALE!
5) Don't kill me on this one but resign Gandy for Guard money!
6) Draft QB and RB
Get Rid of Price (replaced by Bennet), Villirrial (replaced by Steinbach), Nuefield (replaced by E. Johnson), S. Williams (replaced by Draft pick).

Would that make us better? Is it achievable? Would we still have cash for resigning LFB and NC? I will leave that for or local Capologist (CLUMP)

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
My offseason wishlist:

Cut:
Villarial
Price
Everrett
Neufeld
Spikes?
Tim Anderson
Shad Williams

Resign:
*Nate Clements
*Mike Gandy
*Fletcher

FA:
Steinbach
Cato June
[insert Possession WR, here]
[insert TE here]

Draft: WR, RT, DT on day 1.

That would be a monster offseason.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 11:47 AM
First off I am glad you are not the Buffalo Bills GM! Who will plat LG, C, RG, RT WRx4, TEx3, RB x3 FBx2? Now I realize that this is just a knee jerk reaction after a season of ineptitude, but, do you really think replacing all of these players with new ones is the answer then you have never seen an expansion football team in their first year, here are the most recent,

Houston 13.31 per game
Carolina 16.12 per game
Buffalo 15.55 per game

So if we scrap everything look at what we would get! Remember, they recieved additional draft picks and the ability to get players from other teams (to complicated to explain here).

What we REALLY NEED in this order
OFFENSE
1) RT most likely draft (RD 2-- If the plan is to move Peters back to RT then RD1 LT)
2) RG (FA Steinbach) COST 23M over 6 years with 12M last 2 yrs (see Lecharles B)
3) Possession Reciever (FA Drew Bennett) COST 21M 3.5 per yr avg (back load 8M)
4) TE FA (Eric Johnson) COST Should not be breaking the bank! Went to YALE!
5) Don't kill me on this one but resign Gandy for Guard money!
6) Draft QB and RB
Get Rid of Price (replaced by Bennet), Villirrial (replaced by Steinbach), Nuefield (replaced by E. Johnson), S. Williams (replaced by Draft pick).

Would that make us better? Is it achievable? Would we still have cash for resigning LFB and NC? I will leave that for or local Capologist (CLUMP)
Who are you addressing this to?

I never said to get rid of everyone but. I did say that no one should be safe.

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Locks to be back:
Evans
Peters
Fowler

Say bye bye to:
Losman
Villarrial
Gandy (FA anyway)

PLUS:
next time make a disclaimer that that's your Opinion . :up:

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2006, 05:25 PM
And replace them with who?

The Jills.

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2006, 05:26 PM
It takes two to tango. Half the league is in great cap position so it is a players market out there and they can pick and choose where they want to go and still get the contract they want.

Yep, and why would someone worth his salt come here, money being equal? I ask that in all seriousness.

Bmax
11-14-2006, 09:03 PM
To me it looks like the billswill be picking anywhere from 5-11 .. Currently at 11 but that should change ...so let's just say they have pick # 8 like last year....

At first i thought Joe Thomas would be gone .....Then i read that Sam Baker is coming on lighting fast now neck and neck with thomas.The cards will snatch one of them up. If the other falls to us then grab him.

You don't draft OG in the top ten....So where do we go A trade could be possible but i say if we stay put our best option would Wr-Johnson most likely gone or Ted Ginn,De-Gaines Adams,Moses- Branch At DT...if he comes out....Cb Revis from pitt is zooming up if he comes out.....

Impact is what we need ...

BMAX

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Yep, and why would someone worth his salt come here, money being equal? I ask that in all seriousness.

Good point Mr.C and I agree with ya.

They most likely wouldn't, but it depends on the teams bidding for him. A couple of reasons I can think of:

1.) Worked with previous coaches, staff & players here. ( Perhaps this is why Jauron brings in ex-players?.. )

2.) Born in the area.

3.) Has family in the area, or close by. ( If you ever played sports, you realize, it was always a delight to have your family watch you play.. )

Did you know that Peter's chose to come to Buffalo, because he was a Bill's fan just like you and I?

ublinkwescore
11-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Good point Mr.C and I agree with ya.

They most likely wouldn't, but it depends on the teams bidding for him. A couple of reasons I can think of:

1.) Worked with previous coaches, staff & players here. ( Perhaps this is why Jauron brings in ex-players?.. )

2.) Born in the area.

3.) Has family in the area, or close by. ( If you ever played sports, you realize, it was always a delight to have your family watch you play.. )

Did you know that Peter's chose to come to Buffalo, because he was a Bill's fan just like you and I?

Travis Henry was a Bills fan too - that worked out great didn't it?

unpaid_bills
11-14-2006, 10:49 PM
I like the thinking but .... If we dump most of the O, are we any better off, another year of re-building, learning the system. I think as long as Jauron is the coach he needs his 'players' (ie A-Train). I just dont think he has the confidence in the OL and JP, add the WR?TE into that mix.

We do not see the day to day behaviors, film study, practice, etc. All we see is game day. Its not like these guys are losing on purpose they want to succeed and win -- there jobs and livliehood, plus not too mention millions of dollars are on the line. Imagine how losing week after week, especially when you do not perform up to your expectations (and the fans) how it feels.

As a fan I know I am very frustrated, angry, etc. It has to be gut wrenching for the players and coaches. I guess what I am saying I will root for the Bills either way, sure makes it alot more fun with a winning, competitive, exciting team ... sad thing is - we have not had that for awhile. I cant handle another re-buidling year, but not many options left unless the team starts executing and getting some W's.

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Why wouldn't they?

HHURRICANE
11-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Look the Bills are in need of some high profile players to attract other talent. TD did this to put the limelight solely on him. He was an ego-maniac. However, Marv is going to need to do something similar so players around the league think we are serious about being a contender. This means overpaying upfront.

We look like San Fran or the Raiders right now.