• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Good news/bad news

The good news is that for the second time this season, we went on the road against a tough opponent and didn't completely embarrass ourselves. The D played strong and forced turnovers- they were going for the ball on every play and it eventually paid off (contrast this in the GB game, where GB GAVE them turnovers). ST came through with a few plays and is finally starting to look like the unit it was last year.

The bad news: once again, we came within 1 or 2 plays of beating a significantly better opponent. Think of how much differently this season could be if we could have pulled it out against NE and Indy- we'd be 5-4 and so would NE. Our offense looked absolutely horrendous and couldn't get in the endzone, despite numerous opportunities with a short field. The OL still can't pass block for ****, and our coaches had a good overall game plan but made horrible calls during the game and showed no ability to make adjustments. Our front 4 on D still can't get pressure or stop the run.

It was a strong effort, but in the end, it's just another "big one that got away" story for this team.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Good news/bad news

oh, one more good thing- A-Train continues to be the best FA pickup by far.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

statisticly, has our offense EVER been this bad? I mean historicly...anyone care to look it up?
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        The good news is that for the second time this season, we went on the road against a tough opponent and didn't completely embarrass ourselves. The D played strong and forced turnovers- they were going for the ball on every play and it eventually paid off (contrast this in the GB game, where GB GAVE them turnovers). ST came through with a few plays and is finally starting to look like the unit it was last year.

The bad news: once again, we came within 1 or 2 plays of beating a significantly better opponent. Think of how much differently this season could be if we could have pulled it out against NE and Indy- we'd be 5-4 and so would NE. Our offense looked absolutely horrendous and couldn't get in the endzone, despite numerous opportunities with a short field. The OL still can't pass block for ****, and our coaches had a good overall game plan but made horrible calls during the game and showed no ability to make adjustments. Our front 4 on D still can't get pressure or stop the run.

It was a strong effort, but in the end, it's just another "big one that got away" story for this team.
        the good news, we played a hell of a game against indy.

the bad news, your midol obviously ran out.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

The good news - our D scores more TDs than our offence.
          The bad news - our JP led offence can't score as much as our defence.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

oh, one more good thing- A-Train continues to be the best FA pickup by far.
            I totally agree. He's a helluva 2nd back. I can't say that I feel any more confident with Willis on the field.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              the good news, we played a hell of a game against indy.

the bad news, your midol obviously ran out.
              yeah, you're right. Obviously I'm just PMSing. We as fans have no reason to be upset about the fact that we failed to score a single offensive TD despite drive starts at the Indy 41 and Indy 12, had -8 (that's NEGATIVE 8) yards of offense in the red zone against the second-worst red zone D in the league and, oh yeah, LOST the game.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

Our D and special teams gives the O opportunities on a silver platter. Too bad we have the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf as QB.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                  Our D and special teams gives the O opportunities on a silver platter. Too bad we have the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf as QB.
                  I don't know if I'd call JP a bust, only because there has to be high expectations before a player can be a bust. As far as I know, only Tom Donahoe and Steve Fairchild thought JP was worth a 1st rounder.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla admin
                    • Jul 2002

Op, i've got some Midol if you need some.

Seriously....,i agree with you.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

you're contradicting what you said in another thread. As far as what this post says, we're improving.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                        Op, i've got some Midol if you need some.

Seriously....,i agree with you.
                        Oh he definately does

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          you're contradicting what you said in another thread. As far as what this post says, we're improving.
                          I didn't say we weren't improving in the other thread- I said the in game adjustments weren't improving.

This is why you drive me insane. You take everything I say out of context and try to extrapolate one specific comment to be all-encompassing about the team or even about life in general.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            Oh he definately does
                            yet another well-contrived, thoughtful contribution to this thread. You're on a roll, Ice- the jr high menstruation jokes are really contributing to the board.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

LOL OP @ you paying attention to Ice's comments...

Our defense has scored 14 points in the last two games, and our special teams DIRECTLY set up another 6 points..(thank you Terrence)

We drove for a FG vs Indy offensively, and besides that our other points came on a bomb to Lee Evans who was open by 20 yards and a TD run by Thomas once GB mailed it in after the interception (in essence another score set up by our defense after Simpson's long INT return)

That's inexcusable.. "rebuilding" or not.

Oh one last thing.. Last week we played the WORST pass defense in the NFL, and this week we played the WORST run defense in the NFL, and they were missing both their safeties.

Dont worry though. Bet the farm Marv will have MULTIPLE new starters on offense next year as he did with the D this year, because its NOT just Losman's fault- he's merely only an obvious part of the problem- not the solution.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X