PDA

View Full Version : I think Losman plays for his job Sunday

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I think that if Losman plays bad in the first half of the Houston game and the Bills are behind, I think he's going to yanked in the second half and Holcomb will be in there. Dont get me wrong, I'd rather see anyone than Holcomb, but it's going to happen. With maybe Nall starting at home (ticket seller?) and giving him a full week to prepare.

Does that mean he'll be banned to the bench for the rest of the season? Possibly not. But I really think he's going to be the odd-man out.

NOw while I dont think the offensive woes by any means are JUST Losman's fault, he is the trigger man for the entire unit and he's been just as much a part of the problem as the line, backs or anyone else.

The reality is we have played NINE Games this year, and only ONCE (Minnesota) in my opinion is he the primary reason we won the game.

Again, I dont blame Losman ENTIRELY. Im very disapointed that Fairchild hasnt went out and built and offense more suited to the few strengths he had.

With this kind of offense (ultra conservative) JP Losman will NEVER be a good quarterback.. Not next week, next year or 3 years from now.

I"ve seen FAR worse QB's in Bills history than Losman, but I've NEVER seen one of their coaches have such LITTLE confidence in him that they design a game plan for the QB to NOT lose the game.

Crazygoo
11-13-2006, 02:43 PM
What makes you think that he will be pulled after a half???

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Jauron feels like we have to win the game, and if the offense sputters at Houston, Losman will be the scapegoat, justified or not.

Just my opinion of course.. He could play well and this wont be an issue.

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2006, 03:25 PM
I"ve seen FAR worse QB's in Bills history than Losman, but I've NEVER seen one of their coaches have such LITTLE confidence in him that they design a game plan for the QB to NOT lose the game.

I get what you're saying, but was the game plan to keep the ball out of Losman's hands? Or out of Peyton's? I think we were trying to play a ball control offense and grind it out on the ground as much for the purpose of keeping the colts O off the field than b/c we didn't think JP could throw.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 04:13 PM
I think that if Losman plays bad in the first half of the Houston game and the Bills are behind, I think he's going to yanked in the second half and Holcomb will be in there. Dont get me wrong, I'd rather see anyone than Holcomb, but it's going to happen. With maybe Nall starting at home (ticket seller?) and giving him a full week to prepare.

Does that mean he'll be banned to the bench for the rest of the season? Possibly not. But I really think he's going to be the odd-man out.

NOw while I dont think the offensive woes by any means are JUST Losman's fault, he is the trigger man for the entire unit and he's been just as much a part of the problem as the line, backs or anyone else.

The reality is we have played NINE Games this year, and only ONCE (Minnesota) in my opinion is he the primary reason we won the game.

Again, I dont blame Losman ENTIRELY. Im very disapointed that Fairchild hasnt went out and built and offense more suited to the few strengths he had.

With this kind of offense (ultra conservative) JP Losman will NEVER be a good quarterback.. Not next week, next year or 3 years from now.

Let's hope that these coaches wake up and realize that it's bad policy to remove any consequence for playing like *****.

justasportsfan
11-13-2006, 04:14 PM

NO! If Fairchild decides to let JP manage the ball in the first half like he has for majority of the season how is that JP's fault? Fairchild should be the one yanked if he insist on handcuffing JP and then benching him in the second half.

kinigirly
11-13-2006, 04:17 PM
after last year's public embarassment of quarterback hot potato i seriously doubt we'll make that mistake twice. he won the starter position, he plays the year.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 04:21 PM
after last year's public embarassment of quarterback hot potato i seriously doubt we'll make that mistake twice. he won the starter position, he plays the year.

Then they will continue to lose just like they are.
That shouldn't be too embarrassing .

X-Era
11-13-2006, 05:07 PM

According to you it shouldnt have ever been his job to start with.

Its just more of the same from you.

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Thats not true..He played his way to a starting role, and now he's playing himself to the bench.

justasportsfan
11-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Thats not true..He played his way to a starting role, and now he's playing himself to the bench.
I doubt Fairchild shares your opinion.

X-Era
11-13-2006, 06:42 PM

Id agree if we had a better option, but with no better option, he cant play himself to the bench.

Now, step out of your own brain for a second and answer this question.

If this coaching staff and front office adds much better talent at 2nd WR, TE, and along the o-line, and JP then develops into a guy that can win games for us when hes forced to, and say takes us to the playoffs in 08 for example, would this year have been worth it?

Just answer that direct question.

Lee-83
11-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Look around the league, if ur not goin 2 the playoffs, play the young guy!

HHURRICANE
11-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Another stupid post. He's not playing for his job. Unless he turns the ball over 6 times his job is more secure than Pat's right now.

madness
11-14-2006, 11:28 AM
The whole league plays for their job every Sunday. Heck, I work to keep my job 5 days a week. It doesn't mean I'm going to lose it anytime soon.

JP will play the whole season and then he will be evaluated in the offseason. Why is it so hard to comprehend that?

mybills
11-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Why is it so hard to comprehend that?
Because there's too many buttons on the keyboard. :snicker: