X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Our Season From My Point of View

Losman: I like all Bills fans came into the season having plenty of faith in Losman, he's young, strong, has a cannon for an arm, he's fast and is a pretty tough guy to boot. The only thing that concerned me was his instincts; how is he going to react when the blitz is coming, how is he going to respond when he has to play teams like NE, Chicago, Minn.......... Last year when he was in the pocket he looked nervous, he literally bounced while he was in the pocket and simply looked lost. Fast forward to this year (week one). Playing against one of our most hated rivals, playing against one of the best D's in the league, against one of the best coaches in the league he actually looks good, he does not bounce, he does not stare down his WR, he does not look nervous, he actually looks like an NFL QB. Although we lost I was very happy to see some progress by Losman. Honestly, the NE game was the last game I looked at Losman and said, we finally have an NFL QB again. Since then (sure he had a couple of good games on the stat line but he did poor) he has looked like he is scared to make a mistake, he looks like he has no faith in his WR's or the OL. I think the rest of the team has started to notice this and because of it the rest of the team is starting to lose faith in Losman. Some of his lost faith is just. No matter how much you hate Losman you must admit that our OL is porus, at least half of the time I blame the OL for JP's sacks, fumbles, lack of time, etc............ But the other half of the time it is pure Losman.

Willis: Although he is honestly my favorite Bill in the past ten years I have lost alot of faith in the guy. Sure the OL is bad but that is no excuse to just stop your legs at contact. I have never seen a guy that is 6'0 230 who runs like such a pansy. What happened to the killer stiff arm? What happened to putting his shoulder down and fighting for the extra couple of yards? What happened to the guy who at one time was widely considered the better of the young RB's in the league? He has lost his love for the game. He doesnt have a Travis Henry behind him making him run for his pay check, he has no faith in the OL, he has no faith in Losman, he has no faith in our team as a whole. I know you hear this alot but I really cant see McGahee being here too much longer, it is very obvious that he does not want to be a Bill to me.

OL: Horrible, bad, porus, terrible............................. but getting better! Peters IMO is still overrated by the Buffalo fans but he does look better than last year. Pennington, meh. Villareal is gone. Gandy is gone. Fowler is IMO our best OL. He gets blown off the line every now and then but always seems to recover nicely due to his great athleticism.

Defense: Become very solid. Fletcher is the best defender in the league the past few weeks. Spikes still recovering but gives us something that we need more than anything LEADERSHIP. Clements, not worth top tier money but looking better the past couple of weeks. Whitner, still overrated but getting better. Simpson, looks better than Whitner IMO. DL, horrible. McGee, getting better but not what we thought he was as a CB. Crowell, our second best person on D IMO, fast, athletic, alittle undersized but makes up for it with SPEED.

NO matter what I LOVE OUR TEAM but we have a ways to go.

BILL-IEVE
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Our Season From My Point of View

Can't argue too much with that. I saw from day one with willis he didn't want to be here. We were just a steping stone to him getting into the nfl.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍