PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe im saying this

xXSpIkes5IXx
11-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Nate has really proven something to me these past few weeks, it shows that he still can be the dominant corner that he was 2 years ago. It appeared as if he had trouble adjusting to the cover 2 early in the season and got beat by some not so good recievers. However, he just shut down marvin harrison yesterday, and thats something not many people can do.

I think largely the rest of the season will determine what we do with nate. If he continues to play like he has the last 2 games for the rest of the year, management will attempt to resign him, considering we have in excess of 30 million in cap room. If he reverts to the player we were seeing earlier in the year, he will be playing for some other team. Im worried if he leaves, because youboty is not ready, he hasent even seen the field yet.

On top of that clements is still young, i think he just turned 26? im not sure on that.

what are your thoughts?

BillsNick
11-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Clements sucks. :yucky:

The_Philster
11-13-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm all for re-signing him after the way he played recently...if he keeps it up and doesn't cost too much. He's played very well....but still not well enough to warrant a ridiculous price tag

Mudflap1
11-13-2006, 02:55 PM
If he keeps it up, I'm all for it. We can't overpay though, he should get market rate, maybe slightly more.

Jon

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:04 PM
I've been saying this since the start of the season. :D nanananana

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 03:13 PM
at 4-5 million per he's worth it.

at 7-8 million per, he's not.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:15 PM

You left out 6 million pat, what about 6 mil. :D

OpIv37
11-13-2006, 03:16 PM
He had two good games. That doesn't make him worth the $8 million a year that he thinks he's worth- it takes more than 2 good games to make up for a season and a half of not getting it done. Now, if he can finish out the year shutting down other players the way he shut down Harrison, then we'll talk. He still has a lot to prove IMO.

patmoran2006
11-13-2006, 03:19 PM
It doesnt really matter what any of us think, or even Levy for that matter.. Because at the end of the day, one or two things will happen.

1- Clements will be paid one of the top three corner salaries in the league and be a Bill.

2- Clements will be paid one of the top three corner salaries in the league and not be a Bill.

Either way you look at it, he's GOING to get paid.. Personally, i dont think Wilson will give him that much money, so he's gone.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Ralph better change his philosophy then. If he isnt willing to pay to win, this franchise is doomed.

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2006, 03:48 PM

I agree. He's an excellent corner but he doesn't add 7-8M worth of value to this team. I'd give him 4-5 and feel good about it.

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Ralph better change his philosophy then. If he isnt willing to pay to win, this franchise is doomed.

Yes, he has to be willing to pay to win. No, he doesn't have to be willing to pay 8M to a guy that's only worth 4M. There's a difference. Sign another corner that gives you 4M a year worth of value, and you've got another 4M to sign one hell of an OL or DT.

ICE74129
11-13-2006, 03:54 PM
He is not worth the money he thinks he is

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Yes, he has to be willing to pay to win. No, he doesn't have to be willing to pay 8M to a guy that's only worth 4M. There's a difference. Sign another corner that gives you 4M a year worth of value, and you've got another 4M to sign one hell of an OL or DT.

When your set to be 33 million under cap, it doesnt look like he is paying much to me. And nate is worth a top 10 contract. If we could lock him up for 5-6 million a year, I would be very pleased. I'm sick of seeing this team draft and develop stars, just to see a big market team scoop them up. I can just see Nate in a Skins' uniform after this year.

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2006, 04:09 PM
When your set to be 33 million under cap, it doesnt look like he is paying much to me. And nate is worth a top 10 contract. If we could lock him up for 5-6 million a year, I would be very pleased. I'm sick of seeing this team draft and develop stars, just to see a big market team scoop them up. I can just see Nate in a Skins' uniform after this year.

I don't want to see him go either. I think he's a great corner. But I also will not blame Ralph if he doesn't want to hand a top 3 paycheck for a guy who is not one of the top 3 corners in the league. He just simply hasn't played at a truly elite level for the past season and a half. What has overpaying for players gotten Washington? I'll take the Patriots' approach and pay guys what they're worth.

X-Era
11-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Nate has really proven something to me these past few weeks, it shows that he still can be the dominant corner that he was 2 years ago. It appeared as if he had trouble adjusting to the cover 2 early in the season and got beat by some not so good recievers. However, he just shut down marvin harrison yesterday, and thats something not many people can do.

I think largely the rest of the season will determine what we do with nate. If he continues to play like he has the last 2 games for the rest of the year, management will attempt to resign him, considering we have in excess of 30 million in cap room. If he reverts to the player we were seeing earlier in the year, he will be playing for some other team. Im worried if he leaves, because youboty is not ready, he hasent even seen the field yet.

On top of that clements is still young, i think he just turned 26? im not sure on that.

what are your thoughts?

I actually agree. We have the money...spend it.

Dont put us in a mess with the next Ken Irvin, Chris Watson, or Marlon Kerner. We have talent at CB, its tough to find, lock it up long term so that we dont have to spend yet another 1st rounder on a DB.

Id rather just resign Clements and hope that he plays decent than have to start a rookie or try to find some cheap guy that will play like what hes being paid. Forget that.

We have other needs, we dont need to add yet another one by letting Clements walk.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 07:18 PM

Dont put us in a mess with the next Ken Irvin, Chris Watson, or Marlon Kerner. We have talent at CB, its tough to find, lock it up long term so that we dont have to spend yet another 1st rounder on a DB.

Id rather just resign Clements and hope that he plays decent than have to start a rookie or try to find some cheap guy that will play like what hes being paid. Forget that.

We have other needs, we dont need to add yet another one by letting Clements walk.

I agree. :idunno: What else would you rather spend the money on? If we can get Clements locked up for 5 years, 5-7 million a year. Why the hell not? I'm all for the New England approach, but even New England locks up some of their superstars.

X-Era
11-13-2006, 07:26 PM
I agree. :idunno: What else would you rather spend the money? If we can get Clements locked up for 5 years, 5-7 million a year. Why the hell not? I'm all for the New England approach, but even New England locks up some of their superstars.

If we let Clements walk I will almsot guarantee our 1st rounder is spent on a CB. Jauron is a defensive minded HC, we cant lose a guy like that and NOT go after another CB very early.

Our best bet is to keep Clements and get soem O help early and often.

Now, that said, if we can land Freeney, or Gaines Adams, or Quentin Moses, we may just have to do that. DT's? I dont see any worthy of a top 15 pick right now. LB? Crowell just keeps getting better and TKo may get back on track, Fletcher is probably gone due to age but there really arent any ILB's worthy of top 15 either.

Most likely its a WR, OT like Levi Jones to play RT, maybe TE but I think its probably too high.

Our 1st is a quandry to be honest, it might just be a DE.

The_Philster
11-13-2006, 07:53 PM

Dont put us in a mess with the next Ken Irvin, Chris Watson, or Marlon Kerner..Hey now..Irvin was pretty good before he switched to RCB after playing the LCB spot his whole career...and Kerner was solid as a rock before his knees both gave out

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 08:01 PM
If we let Clements walk I will almsot guarantee our 1st rounder is spent on a CB. Jauron is a defensive minded HC, we cant lose a guy like that and NOT go after another CB very early.

Our best bet is to keep Clements and get soem O help early and often.

Now, that said, if we can land Freeney, or Gaines Adams, or Quentin Moses, we may just have to do that. DT's? I dont see any worthy of a top 15 pick right now. LB? Crowell just keeps getting better and TKo may get back on track, Fletcher is probably gone due to age but there really arent any ILB's worthy of top 15 either.

Most likely its a WR, OT like Levi Jones to play RT, maybe TE but I think its probably too high.

Our 1st is a quandry to be honest, it might just be a DE.

Please, dont let Clements go. A CB in the first... :(

WR and OL, those are the two places I wouldnt mind seeing our first pick used at. You could switch up the order for all I care. WR in 1st, OL in 2nd, or vice versa. It just so happens that this draft is stocked with talent at 2 of the positions were struggling at.

Your suggestion about grabbing a DE. It's possible, but I dont think its likely. Didnt Kelsay and Denney just recieve multi-year deals? Furthermore, we already spent our 5th round choice on DE, by trading for Hargrove. It doesnt seem right in my mind, that we would take a DE in the 1st, and 5th round. :idunno:

jamze132
11-14-2006, 09:46 AM
With the offensive woes we have right now, there is no way I giving Nate $6-7 mil per year. I am concentrating on getting an O-line. If we go and throw all this money at Nate, who by the way has had like 4 good games in the last 2 years, we are wasting it. The money is better spent fixing a horendous O-line. We haven't even played Youboty yet. I would rather pay a stop gap veteran to replace Clements and save $5 mil that we can give to the best O-lineman in FA.

BillsNick
11-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Nate has 2 or 3 good games and all of a sudden everyone wants to pay this tool? That's a bunch of crap. He ain't worth half of what we pay him. Good ridance when the season is over.

Novacane
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM

We sure have been a big winner since Clements has been here :rolleyes:

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Nate has 2 or 3 good games and all of a sudden everyone wants to pay this tool? That's a bunch of crap. He ain't worth half of what we pay him. Good ridance when the season is over.

Actually, I have been an advocate since last year when we franchised him. I thought he deserved a big deal then, and its no different now. Quarterbacks RESPECT Nate Clements, he never gets picked on. If you notice they always throw it at McGee. So far Clements has practically shut down every name he has faced, INCLUDING: Harrison and for the most part Donald Driver. Nate Clements is by far the most underrated player on our defense. If we get rid of Nate, we wont have pass defense, and our D WILL crumble. Mark these words, if Nate goes, our defense is going to be SUCKY.

Novacane
11-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I agree. :idunno: What else would you rather spend the money on? If we can get Clements locked up for 5 years, 5-7 million a year. Why the hell not? I'm all for the New England approach, but even New England locks up some of their superstars.

Clements is not a superstar

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:20 AM
We sure have been a big winner since Clements has been here :rolleyes:

Yeah, Im sure you were in the get rid of Eric Moulds crowd also. Now look at our offense, havent you learned from our mistakes mister basher boy? Nate is entering his prime years, and he has shut down some of the top names in the business. He is worth 6-7 million a year EASILY in my eyes. If we dont take him, you watch he is going to be gobbled up in FA, with good cause.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Clements is not a superstar
You have no idea what you are talking about, goodbye.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:22 AM
With the offensive woes we have right now, there is no way I giving Nate $6-7 mil per year. I am concentrating on getting an O-line. If we go and throw all this money at Nate, who by the way has had like 4 good games in the last 2 years, we are wasting it. The money is better spent fixing a horendous O-line. We haven't even played Youboty yet. I would rather pay a stop gap veteran to replace Clements and save $5 mil that we can give to the best O-lineman in FA.

Hello? 33 million buckeroo's and you can resign Nate, and fix problems on offense. It doesnt have to be one or the other.

Novacane
11-14-2006, 10:23 AM
LOL. You must be watching differant games than most of us if you truely believe he is a superstar :roflmao:

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:25 AM
LOL. You must be watching differant games than most of us if you truely believe he is a superstar :roflmao:

Your posts are stupid. Who exactly do you plan on replacing Clements with? So instead of QB's just picking on McGee, they will be able to pick on both CB's.

Novacane
11-14-2006, 10:27 AM
He is worth 6-7 million a year EASILY in my eyes..

Thank God you are not the Bills GM :lol:

Novacane
11-14-2006, 10:28 AM
You can't disagree without calling names. Real mature. You must be 14. No wonder you think nate is a "superstar" :lmao:

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Thank God you are not the Bills GM :lol:

You never know what you have until its gone. QB's arent throwing towards Nate for a reason. Actually, thank GOD your not the GM. If you were, Losman, Clements, Spikes and every other player on our team would be gone. Nice try though troll.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:30 AM
You can't disagree without calling names. Real mature. You must be 14. No wonder you think nate is a "superstar" :lmao:

I call you names because your tone is condescending, and you have stupid emoticons after every response. Are you a 13 year old girl?

Novacane
11-14-2006, 10:32 AM
OMG..................condescending because I think one of your favorites is overated. :lol:

Novacane
11-14-2006, 10:33 AM
You never know what you have until its gone. QB's arent throwing towards Nate for a reason. Actually, thank GOD your not the GM. If you were, Losman, Clements, Spikes and every other player on our team would be gone. Nice try though troll.

You know whats funny. Levy is probably going to dump 2 if not all three of those you just listed this offseason. If JP makes it to next year he'll be gone the following year.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:37 AM
OMG..................condescending because I think one of your favorites is overated. :lol:

Do you even know what the word condescending means? Maybe you should have dictionary.com opened up, so you can learn the meanings and correct way to spell words. You spell the word: different, "differant". Dont insult my intelligence, when you cant even spell simple words correctly.

Condescending means talking down on. I'm glad you know how to be sarcastic, but that doesnt make you right.

P.S. - I'm not mad because you disagree, its the way you went about disagreeing. Maybe you should present your difference of opinion, in a different fashion. You wouldnt have recieved a harsh reaction from me, if you didnt have :lol: after every response either.

Novacane
11-14-2006, 10:42 AM
I have a :lol: or :rofl: or :roflmao: because your post literally have me :lol: :rofl: and :roflmao: I looked up literally in at dictionary.com . :roflmao:

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 11:05 AM
I have a :lol: or :rofl: or :roflmao: because your post literally have me :lol: :rofl: and :roflmao: I looked up literally in at dictionary.com . :roflmao:

AOL Instant Messager!!:

hey cutie, so wutz ^?:; me? im having fun, lolz.:tobykeith you know i <3 you and we are bff! :krusty: n e wayz, after reading yer posts I :monkeyp: on them. TTYL, BFF! :laughing: :laughing:

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 04:49 PM
If he slumps off the rest of the season, I would agree. But if it's a case where he had to learn his way into the new scheme...and keeps playing at a high level...it'd be stupid not to keep him...at a reasonable price

unpaid_bills
11-15-2006, 09:16 AM
If he slumps off the rest of the season, I would agree. But if it's a case where he had to learn his way into the new scheme...and keeps playing at a high level...it'd be stupid not to keep him...at a reasonable price

Agree. Plus we either pay him and we know what we get or roll the dice with someone else either way a top CB is gonna get $$. Nate doesnot get the picks but does a nice job on generally the Top WR each week, plus he is a solid tackler been pretty much inj. free.

I am not sure what the CB F/A marker will be like, any big names or potential replacements?