X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

I cant believe im saying this

Nate has really proven something to me these past few weeks, it shows that he still can be the dominant corner that he was 2 years ago. It appeared as if he had trouble adjusting to the cover 2 early in the season and got beat by some not so good recievers. However, he just shut down marvin harrison yesterday, and thats something not many people can do.

I think largely the rest of the season will determine what we do with nate. If he continues to play like he has the last 2 games for the rest of the year, management will attempt to resign him, considering we have in excess of 30 million in cap room. If he reverts to the player we were seeing earlier in the year, he will be playing for some other team. Im worried if he leaves, because youboty is not ready, he hasent even seen the field yet.

On top of that clements is still young, i think he just turned 26? im not sure on that.

what are your thoughts?
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Re: I cant believe im saying this

Clements sucks.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I'm all for re-signing him after the way he played recently...if he keeps it up and doesn't cost too much. He's played very well....but still not well enough to warrant a ridiculous price tag
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

If he keeps it up, I'm all for it. We can't overpay though, he should get market rate, maybe slightly more.

Jon

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

I've been saying this since the start of the season. nanananana

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

at 4-5 million per he's worth it.

at 7-8 million per, he's not.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006

You left out 6 million pat, what about 6 mil.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

He had two good games. That doesn't make him worth the $8 million a year that he thinks he's worth- it takes more than 2 good games to make up for a season and a half of not getting it done. Now, if he can finish out the year shutting down other players the way he shut down Harrison, then we'll talk. He still has a lot to prove IMO.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

It doesnt really matter what any of us think, or even Levy for that matter.. Because at the end of the day, one or two things will happen.

1- Clements will be paid one of the top three corner salaries in the league and be a Bill.

2- Clements will be paid one of the top three corner salaries in the league and not be a Bill.

Either way you look at it, he's GOING to get paid.. Personally, i dont think Wilson will give him that much money, so he's gone.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Ralph better change his philosophy then. If he isnt willing to pay to win, this franchise is doomed.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I agree. He's an excellent corner but he doesn't add 7-8M worth of value to this team. I'd give him 4-5 and feel good about it.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        Ralph better change his philosophy then. If he isnt willing to pay to win, this franchise is doomed.
                        Yes, he has to be willing to pay to win. No, he doesn't have to be willing to pay 8M to a guy that's only worth 4M. There's a difference. Sign another corner that gives you 4M a year worth of value, and you've got another 4M to sign one hell of an OL or DT.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

He is not worth the money he thinks he is

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                            Yes, he has to be willing to pay to win. No, he doesn't have to be willing to pay 8M to a guy that's only worth 4M. There's a difference. Sign another corner that gives you 4M a year worth of value, and you've got another 4M to sign one hell of an OL or DT.
                            When your set to be 33 million under cap, it doesnt look like he is paying much to me. And nate is worth a top 10 contract. If we could lock him up for 5-6 million a year, I would be very pleased. I'm sick of seeing this team draft and develop stars, just to see a big market team scoop them up. I can just see Nate in a Skins' uniform after this year.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                              When your set to be 33 million under cap, it doesnt look like he is paying much to me. And nate is worth a top 10 contract. If we could lock him up for 5-6 million a year, I would be very pleased. I'm sick of seeing this team draft and develop stars, just to see a big market team scoop them up. I can just see Nate in a Skins' uniform after this year.
                              I don't want to see him go either. I think he's a great corner. But I also will not blame Ralph if he doesn't want to hand a top 3 paycheck for a guy who is not one of the top 3 corners in the league. He just simply hasn't played at a truly elite level for the past season and a half. What has overpaying for players gotten Washington? I'll take the Patriots' approach and pay guys what they're worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X