PDA

View Full Version : The good news for the Bills

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 03:52 PM
According to what I see in the standings it looks like the Bills are a lock to be drafting in the top 5.

Now you can't tell me that there won't be a good QB available at that spot.

THATHURMANATOR
11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
There wont be a good qb in that spot....

I don't want to draft another QB. Get me a veteran.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey if there is one available I agree.

They should have signed Drew Brees when they had a chance.

How often does a QB like that become available as a free agent ?

OpIv37
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
There wont be a good qb in that spot....

I don't want to draft another QB. Get me a veteran.

I agree, but I don't know if there will be any decent vets available. I don't want to waste 2-3 more seasons grooming a draft pick, but that's better than wasting 2-3 more seasons on Drew Bledsoe with a different name.

And depending on who the other teams in the top 5 are, there may be a Quinn or Brohm available for us.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 04:10 PM
I think that they could actually end up as high as 4th.

There has to be a better QB than Losman at 4.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Qb is not a position we will be drafting in rd1. JP WILL be the starter next season.
GET OVER IT HATERS

OpIv37
11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Qb is not a position we will be drafting in rd1. JP WILL be the starter next season.
GET OVER IT HATERS

First of all, I'm not a hater. I've been rooting for JP since he's been named the starter and I've defended him until the last couple of weeks.

Second, have you noticed JP's complete lack of development? I'm not talking about the yardage totals or anything like that. I'm talking about the times he stands back there too long and takes a sack (although to be fair I don't think the sacks by Indy were his fault- that can't be said for a lot of the other games though), the times he misses open receivers with bad passes, his complete lack of touch on short passes, the way he can't find open guys in the rare instances where he has time.... these are things that have nothing to do with the poor quality of the OL, the poor play calling or the poor receivers. If you look at the things JP CAN control on his own, he's still not improving.

The only area where he's improved is protecting the ball. And he still doesn't know when taking a sack isn't a bad thing- he had a very dangerous play against the Colts where the refs stepped in and redeemed him.

I want the kid to do well as much as anyone but I'm just not seeing any growth or improvement. He's got 7 more games to prove himself (btw, before the Pats game I said he has 10 more games to prove himself, and 3 games later he doesn't look any better).

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 05:47 PM
I say there is small improvement so far. Yes like you I wish there was more. But it will come with the experience. There are problems on this team if fixed will help him become the QB he will become. Buffalo has had a problem for a long time and that is not paying attention to thew trenches. Focus on that problem with the TE problem and we will be a playoff team next year barring injuries.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 05:56 PM
I say there is small improvement so far. Yes like you I wish there was more. But it will come with the experience. There are problems on this team if fixed will help him become the QB he will become. Buffalo has had a problem for a long time and that is not paying attention to thew trenches. Focus on that problem with the TE problem and we will be a playoff team next year barring injuries.

Well you have said that you really don't see major improvement but you are sure that you eventually will.
He has 17 starts already.
And he's starting to look more like Rob Johnson by the second.

mikemac2001
11-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Calvin Johnson

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 06:07 PM
He looks nothing like Rob Johnson Hater. Small improvement yes but Im sure we will see major improvement for next season.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
He looks nothing like Rob Johnson Hater. Small improvement yes but Im sure we will see major improvement for next season.

True, Rob actually had a couple good games for Buffalo. Rob only had 2 games with less the 133 yards passing in which he started. JP has had 7.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 07:27 PM
True, Rob actually had a couple good games for Buffalo. Rob only had 2 games with less the 133 yards passing in which he started. JP has had 7.

He has 7 out of 17 under 133 ?

HaHa that is a joke.

How can these clowns still believe that he is a starting caliber QB ?

TacklingDummy
11-13-2006, 07:51 PM
He has 7 out of 17 under 133 ?

HaHa that is a joke.

How can these clowns still believe that he is a starting caliber QB ?

It's the o-lines fault.

Dr. Lecter
11-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Good. Now we can have another QB get killed.

And I don't think the Bills are a lock to draft in the top 5.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Trust me I looked it over and they will be drafting in the top 5

Inetpub
11-13-2006, 11:15 PM
I think that they could actually end up as high as 4th.

There has to be a better QB than Losman at 4.

I think you mean, There IS a better QB than Losman at 4. There HAS to be a better QB than Losman at 140th.

unpaid_bills
11-13-2006, 11:19 PM
According to what I see in the standings it looks like the Bills are a lock to be drafting in the top 5.

Now you can't tell me that there won't be a good QB available at that spot.

How the F*** is this good news? Great we can draft another overweight OL with no heart.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 03:02 AM
no you draft a QB

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 03:11 AM
Good. Now we can have another QB get killed.

And I don't think the Bills are a lock to draft in the top 5.

keep this one bookmarked and tell me that a the end of the season

jamze132
11-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Well it's becoming clearer that our neverending search for Jim kelly's successor might have to continue into yet another decade. This is really said. However, I don't know if I would use our first pick next draft on a QB. I am not sure if any of them are going to be great. And yes I was a proponent of drafting Brady Quinn earlier but now I just don't know. The I was thinking maybe Troy Smith, but I just don't know if I want to sit through another QB developmwnt phase while out defense could be on the verge of being really good again. I think we need to stop being little *****es and pay some freaking money to get some good players in here that can actually make a difference.

NorthCarBills
11-14-2006, 06:52 AM
As opposed to a rookie QB, I would like to see us make a run at Matt Shaub somehow. Unfortunately I think he's a restricted FA.

I know folks on this board have mixed feelings about him, but I think he has that leadership intangible that Losman lacks. I used to watch him a lot when he played at UVA, and he has a presence about him that is 180 from JP. His play was always smart and solid, and players responded positively to his command. And from the few games I've seen him play at this level, that appears to have carried over. I'm not rooting against JP, but I think if we made a change at QB he's someone to consider.

As far as the draft, I'd prefer to use that top five pick on our lines, or even better trade the pick for another team's first rounder and their second rounder and use both picks on the lines.