PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown on Jp

Kerr
11-13-2006, 04:16 PM
LOSMAN'S SITUATION: A couple of weeks ago I stated my opinion as to why J.P. Losman's development was taking more time than some people wanted. I felt that because J.P. was allowed to run around and make plays with his legs in college at Tulane, he never had to learn the art of reading defenses quickly and make decisions with the football. As a result he's forced to learn it now at a much higher level. I agree with the Bills offensive staff that the best way to develop that skill is to keep him in the pocket and read what's going on downfield instead of taking off.
However, the pass protection has become so suspect of late, that I don't know truly how much he's getting in terms of learning how to read defenses. There's no time to read defenses back there. He had 17 dropbacks Sunday and was sacked four times, and hurried on several others. That's almost once every four dropbacks he's getting dropped. Again even though I agree with the staff's approach in developing him as a true NFL quarterback, I'm starting to think the inconsistent pass protection is dramatically hindering that development.
I asked coach Jauron what he thought about whether he thought J.P.'s development was being hindered by the pass protection. Here is his response.
“We’re not happy with our performance," Jauron said. "We struggled in protection. That has a great effect on your quarterback whoever it is. J.P. is getting better and he performed pretty well. Again yesterday we had no turnovers offensively. That was a factor in keeping us in the ballgame. We have to continue to find the things that we can do well and do those things within our scheme, while we’re getting this offensive line together after the moves and developing. J.P. is part of some of the problems that we have, but he’s certainly not the only person. And I don’t think we’ve had a whole lot of luck. It seems like people take turns and the mistakes hurt us. The long and short of it is I do believe J.P. is developing. I do believe that he’s going to be a really good quarterback in this league and we’ve got to get him help. We’ve got to get him more help.”
I followed up and asked specifically if the pass protection is consistent enough for him to read defenses in the pocket and develop and he had this response.
“I really believe whatever happens you develop from it," Jauron said. "You learn something every day and on every play hopefully that advances your progress. He’s working at it. He’s done a good job.”
He was also asked if they might look at rolling Losman out more and allow him to make plays on the move.
“The play action, the bootlegs, we do have some sprint outs and you’ve seen it," Jauron said. "We could do it more. The nature of the game was a close football game and we tried to stay within our game plan and run the ball effectively and keep it away from them. When we threw the ball we knew their pass rush had tremendous speed. We wanted to get the ball up quick and out of his hands quick and when we didn’t we paid for it.”

Ty chris brown. Jp is having difficulties adjusting at the nfl level of being a pocket qb because he hardly did any at tulane. If you want to blame anyone for having this situation, blame TD. He drafted jp knowing he hardly had any experience in an offense as a pocket qb. He thought the coaches coming in could use him well and teach him, while he sat back and watch them use him improperly. But that's all history, we're stuck with jp for now.

Gee, you think you could roll him out just a little more, dick? :shakeno:

Discuss.

YardRat
11-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I followed up and asked specifically if the pass protection is consistent enough for him to read defenses in the pocket and develop and he had this response.

“I really believe whatever happens you develop from it," Jauron said. "You learn something every day and on every play hopefully that advances your progress. He’s working at it. He’s done a good job.”

A simple yes or no would've sufficed.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 04:26 PM
He didn't ask him why Holcolm was getting sacked less when he was in there last year.

Novacane
11-13-2006, 04:28 PM
A simple yes or no would've sufficed.

Really. Jauron sounds like a friggen politician with those responses

justasportsfan
11-13-2006, 04:35 PM
He didn't ask him why Holcolm was getting sacked less when he was in there last year.
I can answer that, Holcomb hardly ever looked downfield. It's not that hard to stay away from sacks if that's all you can do. Another thing is, Holcomb has had years of experience in that system. He himself admitted last years system was no different from what he's been playing his entire carreer. When they finally switched systems he struggled so badly that he couldn't even beat Losman.

I'm almost sure that if Fairchild called a play to go deep, KH is just gonna dump it off to avoid getting sacked.

Philagape
11-13-2006, 04:44 PM
This answers the question, asked in several other threads, of why JP is getting so few attempts.

THE LINE. Period.

SquishDaFish
11-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Dont forget the Crap we have at TE and most of the WR pos.

The last buffalo fan
11-13-2006, 04:49 PM

Here we go again, last year everybody complained, because KH was throwing only short passes. I love to be a real Bills die hard fan, and I'll stand all year long behind JP, sorry guys.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
I can answer that, Holcomb hardly ever looked downfield. It's not that hard to stay away from sacks if that's all you can do. Another thing is, Holcomb has had years of experience in that system. He himself admitted last years system was no different from what he's been playing his entire carreer. When they finally switched systems he struggled so badly that he couldn't even beat Losman.

I'm almost sure that if Fairchild called a play to go deep, KH is just gonna dump it off to avoid getting sacked.

Fantastic analysis. I agree.. Another thing you notice about the good QB's, they look downfield and if nothing is there, they then dump it off..

OpIv37
11-13-2006, 05:08 PM
While it's a good thing that JP protected the ball well the past two games, it's pretty sorry when the best thing the coach can say about the offense is "we didn't turn the ball over."

And this just makes TD look like an even bigger moron. Who the hell uses a first round draft pick on a QB who doesn't know how to read defenses? It's pretty obvious that physical tools are simply not enough in the NFL- you need to be able to read defenses as well. Think of all the physically gifted guys who have failed in this league: Boller, Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Patrick Ramsey and I wouldn't say Drew Bledsoe has failed but his lack of quick thinking ability has certainly held him back.

And then you have the opposite examples- guys like Brady and Chad Pennington. Pennington has a weak arm but he knows where to go with the ball and he's incredibly smart, so he still racks up yards. I wouldn't say Brady has a weak arm, but he certainly doesn't have the arm strength or mobility of Losman. He more than makes up for it with intelligence and poise. Even noodle-arm Kelly Holcomb has been more successful than one would predict based on physical tools alone.

Hopefully JP can get it but it seems like Donahoe took a BIG risk by drafting a QB that never had to read defenses, and we're paying the price now as Losman is forced into on the job training behind a **** OL.

Philagape
11-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Hopefully JP can get it but it seems like Donahoe took a BIG risk by drafting a QB that never had to read defenses, and we're paying the price now as Losman is forced into on the job training behind a **** OL.

It's the second part of that statement that makes the situation frustrating. Between inept management, a poor team around him and an entirely new offense to learn, JP's development has been handled as poorly as it can be handled.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Really. Jauron sounds like a friggen politician with those responses

I agree. You ask him a question, and after his response you feel even more clueless than you did before you asked him.

OpIv37
11-13-2006, 05:18 PM
It's the second part of that statement that makes the situation frustrating. Between inept management, a poor team around him and an entirely new offense to learn, JP's development has been handled as poorly as it can be handled.

in Marv's book, he talks a lot about developing QB's, mostly from when he was an assistant to George Allen (not "macaca" George Allen- the coach is the outgoing senator's father), and they had a young ND QB named Tom Clements.... but I digress with the history lesson.

The point is the way JP has been handled is pretty close to the "how not to develop a QB" passages from Marv's book. He must be going insane, although he didn't have much choice with the situation he inherited.

and btw, one of the things that frustrated me about the way the offseason was handled was the lack of attention to the OL. Don't get me wrong- I understand that this team had a ton of needs and Marv had to pick and choose what to address in one off-season. But it stands to reason that if you're gonna evaluate a QB, make sure he has decent protection and somewhere to go with the ball. Instead, we have Lee Evans and a cadre of retreads at WR, worthless TE's and more retreads on the OL.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 05:26 PM
We all understand what the gameplan was.. I just dont think it was a good gameplan. I honestly would love to see our offense get injected with a dose of west coast. It's perfect for getting pressure off of the QB. Dump a pass off to your RB, and have your OL move up and block for him. Indy did that a couple of times and it absolutely killed us.

Kerr
11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
in Marv's book, he talks a lot about developing QB's, mostly from when he was an assistant to George Allen (not "macaca" George Allen- the coach is the outgoing senator's father), and they had a young ND QB named Tom Clements.... but I digress with the history lesson.

The point is the way JP has been handled is pretty close to the "how not to develop a QB" passages from Marv's book. He must be going insane, although he didn't have much choice with the situation he inherited.

and btw, one of the things that frustrated me about the way the offseason was handled was the lack of attention to the OL. Don't get me wrong- I understand that this team had a ton of needs and Marv had to pick and choose what to address in one off-season. But it stands to reason that if you're gonna evaluate a QB, make sure he has decent protection and somewhere to go with the ball. Instead, we have Lee Evans and a cadre of retreads at WR, worthless TE's and more retreads on the OL.

Simply put, op. Tom Dumbahoe drafted a qb that was going to have a difficult time adjusting to being a pocket passer with nobody good enough to help him make that transition. As I pointed out before, Alex Smith was a shotgun qb like jp. He hasn't had it easy, but he has norv turner. Norv Turner is a blessing for a qb. Smith has improved this season compared to last. I think many factors have contributed to the offenses' anemic output. How many times have we seen and heard over at atlanta they want vick to be a pocket qb. It doesn't work. Vick is not a pocket qb. He's a playmaker when he takes off and moves his feet. Most of the big plays are a result of that.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 05:37 PM

He didn't huh ?
Here is a quiz ?
Which one of these two Qbs has games where he throws for 88 yards?

Yep Losman is really going down field.

I think you might want to make a better attempt at answering that one .

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Simply put, op. Tom Dumbahoe drafted a qb that was going to have a difficult time adjusting to being a pocket passer with nobody good enough to help him make that transition. As I pointed out before, Alex Smith was a shotgun qb like jp. He hasn't had it easy, but he has norv turner. Norv Turner is a blessing for a qb. Smith has improved this season compared to last. I think many factors have contributed to the offenses' anemic output. How many times have we seen and heard over at atlanta they want vick to be a pocket qb. It doesn't work. Vick is not a pocket qb. He's a playmaker when he takes off and moves his feet. Most of the big plays are a result of that.

Sounds like you people are dusting off all the same excuses that you used for Rob Johnson.

In the long run the result will be the same.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 05:42 PM
I agree. You ask him a question, and after his response you feel even more clueless than you did before you asked him.

If you went by his face alone you would be convinced that he is an embalmer.

Philagape
11-13-2006, 05:45 PM
He didn't huh ?
Here is a quiz ?

I think you might want to make a better attempt at quoting posts. He said looking downfield, not going.

Kerr
11-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Sounds like you people are dusting off all the same excuses that you used for Rob Johnson.

In the long run the result will be the same.

Psst
did you know rob johnson was taught to hold the ball in college and as a result has been sacked like a tackling dummy everywhere he's gone when was in the nfl?
That's a fact, not an excuse. It was a big factor in his lack of success in the league. It's not easy to overcame many years of bad coaching. Not even the famous jon gruden could help robosack out. The same gruden who helped resurrect rich gannon's career out of the nfl backup gutter.

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2006, 05:47 PM
He didn't huh ?
Here is a quiz ?

apparently the only way you get yardage is by going deep...

and if you only have 88 yards, that means you don't go deep...

i'm not defending anyone, but your logic is a tiny bit flawed. you can still get a lot of yards by dumping off, especially when you dump off 20 times a game.

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2006, 05:49 PM

well put, dont know how many times you hear people talking about how it is important to build up the OL and DL, and although we took McCargo, the OL seems to me to be the biggest problem for us, while at the same time being quite possibly the most important aspect of a team.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I think you might want to make a better attempt at quoting posts. He said looking downfield, not going.

Oh so you can tell that Holcolm isn't looking and Lossman is ?

Thats rediculuos.

Well how much good is all the SUPPOSED looking doing when he throws for 88 yards.

Maybe then, he should not do so much looking and throw to the open receiver instead.

You better start thinking a little more in depth , I mean this stuff is too simple to get so confused.

justasportsfan
11-13-2006, 06:03 PM
He didn't huh ?
Here is a quiz ?

Have you ever been to camp? That's all KH did, dump iff the ball which is why he lost to JP. You're trying to compare JP's 88 yards running Fairchilds system to KH games last year which wasn't Fairchilds system? You're trying to compare apples and oranges here.

Try comparing KH to Bulger. As far as I'm concerend that is what Fairchild is trying to do with JP. KH will never come close to being a Bulger. Bulger himself will get sacked more often than Jp if he played here trying to throw downfield because of his lack of mobility+ our OL . The difference is, at least Bulger can throw deep while KH can't.

Philagape
11-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh so you can tell that Holcolm isn't looking and Lossman is ?

Thats rediculuos.

Well how much good is all the SUPPOSED looking doing when he throws for 88 yards.

Maybe then, he should not do so much looking and throw to the open receiver instead.

You better start thinking a little more in depth , I mean this stuff is too simple to get so confused.

The more pressing matter is you learning to read English. L-O-O-K-I-N-G.

And based on arm strength and style of play, it's pretty obvious to us English-reading fans that Losman has a lot more reason to look downfield than Holcomb does.
It's also pretty obvious to us English-reading fans that no one will throw for a lot of yards on 12 attempts.
And it's pretty obvious to us English-reading fans that since he completed two-thirds of his passes, finding receivers was not the problem.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 06:12 PM
The other thing I would like to say on this is that Chris Brown doesn't know squat about football or how to raise good questions in a interview.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Have you ever been to camp? That's all KH did, dump iff the ball which is why he lost to JP. You're trying to compare JP's 88 yards running Fairchilds system to KH games last year which wasn't Fairchilds system? You're trying to compare apples and oranges here.

Try comparing KH to Bulger. As far as I'm concerend that is what Fairchild is trying to do with JP. KH will never come close to being a Bulger. Bulger himself will get sacked more often than Jp if he played here trying to throw downfield because of his lack of mobility+ our OL . The difference is, at least Bulger can throw deep while KH can't.

Nope I'm saying very directly that Holcolm wouldn't finish a game with 88 yds. , I didn't put that qualifier in there you did.

If it's the system as you say , that has Losman throwing for 88 yards , then why is he looking down field so much according to what you claim. That makes no sense.

I would think that if he is looking down field so much he is doing it because he has the option to throw down field, otherwise why would he be taking sacks because he is looking deep ?

Are you telling me he is looking down field and taking sacks and at the same time has 88 yds because they have him handcuffed into not throwing there ?

You better backtrack because that BS is starting to fall apart.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 06:31 PM
The more pressing matter is you learning to read English. L-O-O-K-I-N-G.

And based on arm strength and style of play, it's pretty obvious to us English-reading fans that Losman has a lot more reason to look downfield than Holcomb does.
It's also pretty obvious to us English-reading fans that no one will throw for a lot of yards on 12 attempts.
And it's pretty obvious to us English-reading fans that since he completed two-thirds of his passes, finding receivers was not the problem.

I guess your lack of comprehension is going to be a road block.

If he is doing all this looking, and has all this arm strength, why is he throwing for less then 200 yards in two full games.

Your answer was that Faichilds system was to blame.

How can that be ? If there is a system handcuffing him from throwing deep , then why is he looking deep ?

If the coaches are tolerating him taking sacks because he is looking deep the he obviously has the go ahead to throw it deep.

Hmmm Speaking of deep this question may be too deep for you .

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 06:37 PM
I guess your lack of comprehension is going to be a road block.

If he is doing all this looking, and has all this arm strength, why is he throwing for less then 200 yards in two full games.

Your answer was that Faichilds system was to blame.

How can that be ? If there is a system handcuffing him from throwing deep , then why is he looking deep ?

If the coaches are tolerating him taking sacks because he is looking deep then he obviously has the go ahead to throw it deep.

Hmmm Speaking of deep this question may be too deep for you .

Philagape
11-13-2006, 06:43 PM
What part of 12 attempts don't you understand? The "12" or the "attempts"?

And he's not throwing long because 1. he doesn't have time; 2. Evans is constantly double-teamed; 3. the other deep threats aren't on the field because we need TEs to make up for the inept line.

That was pretty easy. You, on the other hand, want him to throw deep under those circumstances. That's why Chris Brown's analysis is exponentially more intelligent than yours.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 06:54 PM
If you went by his face alone you would be convinced that he is an embalmer.

LOL

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 06:57 PM
What part of 12 attempts don't you understand? The "12" or the "attempts"?

And he's not throwing long because 1. he doesn't have time; 2. Evans is constantly double-teamed; 3. the other deep threats aren't on the field because we need TEs to make up for the inept line.

That was pretty easy. You, on the other hand, want him to throw deep under those circumstances. That's why Chris Brown's analysis is exponentially more intelligent than yours.

Then if it's not there and he has a brain why is he taking sacks looking for it.

Why doesn't he take what is there. Holcolm does and he wouldn't end up under 200 yards total for two games.

Simple very simple.

Dr. Lecter
11-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Holcomb would have been slaughtered yesterday.

JP did nothing, but Holcomb sure as hell is not the answer.

Philagape
11-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, maybe if he never took sacks like all the other QBs in the league, we'd be better off.
Maybe if the line gave him the time to look downfield, we'd hit a few. Dick said the line is the reason JP has so few attempts, which is the reason why he has so few yards (it's like I'm teaching fourth grade here).

"Taking what's there" will get us what we got yesterday.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Holcomb would have been slaughtered yesterday.

JP did nothing, but Holcomb sure as hell is not the answer.

The original point one of the posters made was that Losman himself is responsible for a lot of these sacks, because Holcolm didnt have the same issues.

And he is clearly correct.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Yeah, maybe if he never took sacks like all the other QBs in the league, we'd be better off.
Maybe if the line gave him the time to look downfield, we'd hit a few. Dick said the line is the reason JP has so few attempts, which is the reason why he has so few yards (it's like I'm teaching fourth grade here).

"Taking what's there" will get us what we got yesterday.

If you have a son, and he does anything more the watch football as a casual fan, like wagering on it.

Then do him a favor don't teach him anything you know.

Philagape
11-13-2006, 07:21 PM
If you have a son, and he does anything more the watch football as a casual fan, like wagering on it.

Then do him a favor don't teach him anything you know.

Run out of substantial things to say? Owned.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Run out of substantial things to say? Owned.

I don't know how you could say that you ran out.

I didn't read anything you wrote to that point as substantial.

Philagape
11-13-2006, 07:23 PM
And no, I don't have a son, but this thread has given me a glimpse of what parenting an adolescent will be like.

Philagape
11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't know how you could say that you ran out.

I didn't read anything you wrote to that point as substantial.

I know you are but what am I!!!! huh huh

Dr. Lecter
11-13-2006, 09:24 PM
The original point one of the posters made was that Losman himself is responsible for a lot of these sacks, because Holcolm dint have the same issues.

And he is clearly correct.

Holcomb has not played this year.

Did you see the game yesterday?

How the hell was JP supposed to avoid the sacks in that game?

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Holcomb has not played this year.

Did you see the game yesterday?

How the hell was JP supposed to avoid the sacks in that game?

Yeah I saw it.

He's going nowhere , but to the QB junkyard.

G. Host
11-13-2006, 10:00 PM
We all understand what the gameplan was.. I just dont think it was a good gameplan. I honestly would love to see our offense get injected with a dose of west coast. It's perfect for getting pressure off of the QB. Dump a pass off to your RB, and have your OL move up and block for him. Indy did that a couple of times and it absolutely killed us.

The West Coast offense depends upon the QB being able to make quick reads and accurately throw the ball short. Definitely wrong, really opposite, offense for JP.

jamze132
11-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Well I don't want to get off subject here, but Chris Brown's take on JP was pretty much dead on. He might not be the savior, but he needs a freaking O-line.

I will admit that JP might be down to his last couple of starts as a Bill but, we as a team, need a line in order to be successful, reguardless of who is at QB.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Yeah I saw it.

He's going nowhere , but to the QB junkyard.

Nice facts to back up your moronic post. As usual no answers.

Dr. Lecter
11-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Well I don't want to get off subject here, but Chris Brown's take on JP was pretty much dead on. He might not be the savior, but he needs a freaking O-line.

I will admit that JP might be down to his last couple of starts as a Bill but, we as a team, need a line in order to be successful, reguardless of who is at QB.

:bf1:

ICE74129
11-14-2006, 07:40 AM
OP, SABeeoch, Tdumbbutt and Co hated reading that. Seems JP will be the man next year as well. They know the OL absolutely sucks and because of that JP still isn't getting the full opportunity to be able to make a decision on him.

I said this in another post, we don't know what the COACHES want to see from him. Apperantly he is doing ok with what THEY want from him AT THIS POINT. I guess they, unlike the fans, understand this is going to take another offseason or two to get this thing turned around.

ICE74129
11-14-2006, 07:41 AM

agreed, we need an OL and have 33 mill to use to fix it. Now will Ralph be willing to? Who knows....

jamze132
11-14-2006, 08:21 AM
agreed, we need an OL and have 33 mill to use to fix it. Now will Ralph be willing to? Who knows....
We better spend every penny on some topr tier FAs. it is going to take some dramatic spending if Ralph want to see a winning team before he kicks the bucket.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2006, 08:26 AM
OP, SABeeoch, Tdumbbutt and Co hated reading that. Seems JP will be the man next year as well. They know the OL absolutely sucks and because of that JP still isn't getting the full opportunity to be able to make a decision on him.

I said this in another post, we don't know what the COACHES want to see from him. Apperantly he is doing ok with what THEY want from him AT THIS POINT. I guess they, unlike the fans, understand this is going to take another offseason or two to get this thing turned around.

Great post. Listening to the coaches it's obvious that JP is doing what they are asking of him. I'm sure that Dick Jauron realizes the we need an OL and DL. I'm sure he doesn't wan't Ralph walking down the hall and asking for a QB in the draft or as an FA. I think they are making sure JP limits his mistakes so they feel justified in starting him next year. Funny thing is that his numbers are not bad.

ICE74129
11-14-2006, 08:36 AM
We better spend every penny on some topr tier FAs. it is going to take some dramatic spending if Ralph want to see a winning team before he kicks the bucket.

I still think LT is a priority. If one is available for money plus picks (franchise player) I make the deal. Move peters back to RT where he excells. then go out and spend out the butt for two guards. Then a #2 WR, TE, DL and LB's.

Then draft.

Typ0
11-14-2006, 09:02 AM
TRANSLATED: JP Lossman has never been in a situation where he had to play real football hence he's never proved he can play real football. Right now, he sucks for a lot of reasons but he still sucks.

Typ0
11-14-2006, 09:04 AM
I still think LT is a priority. If one is available for money plus picks (franchise player) I make the deal. Move peters back to RT where he excells. then go out and spend out the butt for two guards. Then a #2 WR, TE, DL and LB's.

Then draft.

then that's exactly what we should do...because you know more about football than every single human being (otherwise known as morons) on earth.

ICE74129
11-14-2006, 09:33 AM
then that's exactly what we should do...because you know more about football than every single human being (otherwise known as morons) on earth.

No because that is what anyone with any common sense would do. But then again, look at who I am talking to.

Night Train
11-14-2006, 09:52 AM

Thank You.

Holcomb would NEVER look downfield and just dump it off. The entire NFL knew that. JP may not be the answer but I already know Holcomb is done as a possible answer.

Nall is next and he's Bledsoe lite in the mobility dept. Strained a hammy taking 2 walking steps to his left in camp. What an athlete !

Now get wise and start drafting OL.

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 11:45 AM
You better backtrack because that BS is starting to fall apart.really? There was one game where we needed a certain amount of yards(i think it was less than 10 yards) to make first down and continue the drive last year . What does KH do? He dumps off to Moulds and Moulds gets tackled for a loss and we turn over the ball on downs and we lose the game.

I forget who we played but that is what Holcomb is capable off when we neeed to make yardage. If Fairchild calls for a downfield pass, you're almost sure KH will dump the ball off.

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2006, 12:20 PM
really? There was one game where we needed a certain amount of yards(i think it was less than 10 yards) to make first down and continue the drive last year . What does KH do? He dumps off to Moulds and Moulds gets tackled for a loss and we turn over the ball on downs and we lose the game.

I forget who we played but that is what Holcomb is capable off when we neeed to make yardage. If Fairchild calls for a downfield pass, you're almost sure KH will dump the ball off.

Denver at Denver.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 12:38 PM
The West Coast offense depends upon the QB being able to make quick reads and accurately throw the ball short. Definitely wrong, really opposite, offense for JP.

You dont think JP has the ability to dump the ball off to his RB really quick? Thats a throw any QB should be able to make.. I'm not advocating that we adopt the whole west coast style of offense, just a couple plays to mix up and take pressure off of JP.

Michael82
11-14-2006, 02:52 PM
LOSMAN'S SITUATION: A couple of weeks ago I stated my opinion as to why J.P. Losman's development was taking more time than some people wanted. I felt that because J.P. was allowed to run around and make plays with his legs in college at Tulane, he never had to learn the art of reading defenses quickly and make decisions with the football. As a result he's forced to learn it now at a much higher level. I agree with the Bills offensive staff that the best way to develop that skill is to keep him in the pocket and read what's going on downfield instead of taking off.
However, the pass protection has become so suspect of late, that I don't know truly how much he's getting in terms of learning how to read defenses. There's no time to read defenses back there. He had 17 dropbacks Sunday and was sacked four times, and hurried on several others. That's almost once every four dropbacks he's getting dropped. Again even though I agree with the staff's approach in developing him as a true NFL quarterback, I'm starting to think the inconsistent pass protection is dramatically hindering that development.
I asked coach Jauron what he thought about whether he thought J.P.'s development was being hindered by the pass protection. Here is his response.
“We’re not happy with our performance," Jauron said. "We struggled in protection. That has a great effect on your quarterback whoever it is. J.P. is getting better and he performed pretty well. Again yesterday we had no turnovers offensively. That was a factor in keeping us in the ballgame. We have to continue to find the things that we can do well and do those things within our scheme, while we’re getting this offensive line together after the moves and developing. J.P. is part of some of the problems that we have, but he’s certainly not the only person. And I don’t think we’ve had a whole lot of luck. It seems like people take turns and the mistakes hurt us. The long and short of it is I do believe J.P. is developing. I do believe that he’s going to be a really good quarterback in this league and we’ve got to get him help. We’ve got to get him more help.”
He was also asked if they might look at rolling Losman out more and allow him to make plays on the move.
“The play action, the bootlegs, we do have some sprint outs and you’ve seen it," Jauron said. "We could do it more. The nature of the game was a close football game and we tried to stay within our game plan and run the ball effectively and keep it away from them. When we threw the ball we knew their pass rush had tremendous speed. We wanted to get the ball up quick and out of his hands quick and when we didn’t we paid for it.”

Ty chris brown. Jp is having difficulties adjusting at the nfl level of being a pocket qb because he hardly did any at tulane. If you want to blame anyone for having this situation, blame TD. He drafted jp knowing he hardly had any experience in an offense as a pocket qb. He thought the coaches coming in could use him well and teach him, while he sat back and watch them use him improperly. But that's all history, we're stuck with jp for now.

Gee, you think you could roll him out just a little more, dick? :shakeno:

Discuss.
Reading into this, I really believe that HHURRICANE is right. JP Losman is our starter for all of this season and will be here next year. This development was supposed to be tough to go thru, but it will happen and JP will get better from it. And he will be here next season. Sorry Haters! :up:

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I will say why would they stick to this stay in the pocket thing if they didn't want to keep him around? It would just be stupid.

ICE74129
11-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Don't make me go back and dig up post where you JP haters ripped JP for 'Doing what holcomb did'. As for as dinking and dunking. Yeah he can do it and just like with holcomb, you can't consistantly move the ball and score that way.

The problem is our OL can't block malnourished Schoolgirls and until it does, JP and anyone back there is screwed.

Philagape
11-14-2006, 03:08 PM
TRANSLATED: JP Lossman has never been in a situation where he had to play real football hence he's never proved he can play real football. Right now, he sucks for a lot of reasons but he still sucks.

http://www.wisopinion.com/blogs/uploaded_images/BeavisButthead-711924.jpg