PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo is looking pretty good

Bling
11-13-2006, 04:52 PM
He's in his 4th season in the league, and is tearing it up for Dallas. In the last two games, he's attempted 65 passes, and connected on 44 of them (66%). 0 INTs, 4 TDs, 592 yards. If you count his last 3 starts, 101 attempts, 68 comp, 67%, 1 INT, 5 TD, 862 yards. All of these in his first career starts. We've got a nice future in the league for QBs. Roethlisbeger, Romo, Rivers, Manning are pretty impressive.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Plus JP Losman

Lol

gr8slayer
11-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Its funny that everyone is just now noticing Romo. People here in Dallas have been chanting his name at the games for four years now.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Its funny that everyone is just now noticing Romo. People here in Dallas have been chanting his name at the games for four years now.

Wasnt he an undrafted FA??

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM
People are calling for Nall or anyone else than Losman here.

I hope it won't take 4 years

Inetpub
11-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Funny how the OL of Dallas looks awesome with such a simple change at QB. Im not saying im a Romo fan, but his OL is alot better with him in it. Does QB make a difference? Apparantly so because the only thing changed is the QB.

jamze132
11-14-2006, 07:00 AM
Yeah, where the hell did Romo come from?

DynaPaul
11-14-2006, 04:07 PM
I noticed Romo moves around a LOT in the pocket. He's always keeping his feet moving and glances around a bit to make sure the pressure isn't coming too close. Makes it hard for the defensive line to get an arm on him. Dallas' o-line sucks about as bad as ours so having a moving target behind the o-line makes them look better. With Bledsoe in there it was basically running through 5 turnstiles to nail a tackle dummy. Parcells made the right choice and apparently the fans who have been calling for Romo knew he was the answer long ago.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Romo 3 games 4 sacks
Bledsoe 6 games 18 sacks

Can you blame the Oline now? A simple QB change can be VERY effective and make your OLine look like probowlers.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Or how about letting your QB be mobile and not stand in pocket like the Bills coaches are doing with JP. That will help with the sacks and open up our offense. Haters need to understand its the coaches holding our QB and offense back not JP.

Night Train
11-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Funny how the OL of Dallas looks awesome with such a simple change at QB.

Yes, only we have Gomer and Goober as our backups. They see a pass rush and yell " ANDY ! " before crumpling to the ground.

Let me know when we get a Romo clone.

ICE74129
11-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Or how about letting your QB be mobile and not stand in pocket like the Bills coaches are doing with JP. That will help with the sacks and open up our offense. Haters need to understand its the coaches holding our QB and offense back not JP.

Last games I watched Romo is allowed to roll out, run at will and audible at the LOS. JP isn't. Hummmm....

Mr. Miyagi
11-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Romo 3 games 4 sacks
Bledsoe 6 games 18 sacks

Can you blame the Oline now? A simple QB change can be VERY effective and make your OLine look like probowlers.
Any OL in the world can look like swiss cheese when your QB holds the ball for 8-9 seconds every snap.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Yes, only we have Gomer and Goober as our backups. They see a pass rush and yell " ANDY ! " before crumpling to the ground.

Gomer has proven more in his 10 years than JP and has shown he can play. Goober, well hes still Goober so whatever. But the only person yelling "ANDY!" is JP. Then he goes to the sidelines and grumbles after that.

Last games I watched Romo is allowed to roll out, run at will and audible at the LOS. JP isn't. Hummmm....

Yes, and??? Rolling out doesnt mean less sacks. Technically, it should mean more since your holding onto the ball longer and running out of the pocket with no protection.

Any OL in the world can look like swiss cheese when your QB holds the ball for 8-9 seconds every snap.

EXACTLY! Good point. Our Oline does look like swiss cheese when Losman holds it for too long. I agree. It also adds to the fact that the only change Dallas made was Romo in and Bledsoe out and thier OLine now looks good.

The last buffalo fan
11-16-2006, 12:16 PM
He's in his 4th season in the league, and is tearing it up for Dallas. In the last two games, he's attempted 65 passes, and connected on 44 of them (66%). 0 INTs, 4 TDs, 592 yards. If you count his last 3 starts, 101 attempts, 68 comp, 67%, 1 INT, 5 TD, 862 yards. All of these in his first career starts. We've got a nice future in the league for QBs. Roethlisbeger, Romo, Rivers, Manning are pretty impressive.

Which one is the phins QB??

The last buffalo fan
11-16-2006, 12:20 PM

Most of the sacks and fumbles, have been made in no more than 3-4 seconds. Jp is not an excellent QB, but if the Oline is not willing to protect him, or the staff is not giving this guy a long leash, we will be waisting one more season. It is a team fail, including Jp, Oline, rbs, wrs and staff.

Drive 4 Five
11-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Parcells made the right choice and apparently the fans who have been calling for Romo knew he was the answer long ago.

Oh stop. Fans don't know crap. Romo wasn't playing 4 years ago because he wasn't ready to play 4 years ago. He wasn't playing last year because he was not ready. The fans in Dallas have been calling for Romo to start all these years because they were desperate, just like us, not because they KNEW he was something special.

Like Parcells always says, you can't just dial a 1(800) # and get a good QB. QB's take time to develop whether the fans agree or not. That's not to say that all Losman needs is time, because he may never develop, just like Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, and the hundreds of others who have failed in this league...

But my point is that only time will tell and Losman simply has not had enough experience to make a fair assessment. That's all.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 03:55 PM

Roth leads the league in interceptions right now, Romo averages 124 yards per game, Rivers is having a nice year I agree, Manning may be the best QB ever.

This is one screwed up group to throw together.

But 124 yards a game from Romo is nothing to write home about.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Roth leads the league in interceptions right now, Romo averages 124 yards per game, Rivers is having a nice year I agree, Manning may be the best QB ever.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">
</td><td align="left">Tony Romo (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396886)</td><td align="center">DAL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/DAL)</td><td>1124</td><td>128</td><td>84</td><td>8</td><td>4</td><td>53</td><td>101.2</td></tr></tbody></table>

thats after 4 games. Thats more like 265 yards a game. I dont know what math you are using to get 124 yards a game. 8 TDs 4 Ints 102 QB rating. 84/128 passing.

YardRat
11-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Add another facet to the 'It's the coaches fault' argument -

"Sure they played him for 16 games, but they didn't let him play his game."

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 04:11 PM

Were you aware that Losmans yards per game was 119 after 3 starts ?

Night Train
11-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Gomer has proven more in his 10 years than JP and has shown he can play. Goober, well hes still Goober so whatever. But the only person yelling "ANDY!" is JP. Then he goes to the sidelines and grumbles after that.

I'm not some blind JP supporter at all... but I know Nall and especially Holcan't give us nothing.

When Romo is on our team, let me know.

X-Era
11-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Were you aware that Losmans yards per game was 119 after 3 starts ?

So its 164 now, whats your point?

X-Era
11-16-2006, 04:17 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">
</td><td align="left">Tony Romo (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396886)</td><td align="center">DAL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/DAL)</td><td>1124</td><td>128</td><td>84</td><td>8</td><td>4</td><td>53</td><td>101.2</td></tr></tbody></table>

thats after 4 games. Thats more like 265 yards a game. I dont know what math you are using to get 124 yards a game. 8 TDs 4 Ints 102 QB rating. 84/128 passing.

Might want to tryout NFL.com and the sortable player stas before running your yap too much more. Hes played in 9 games this year.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 04:31 PM
So its 164 now, whats your point?
My point was that you might have these two QBs mixed up .:oops:

You were trying to say that Romo is averaging 124 yards a game in his 3 starts.

I answered by saying Losman did average that little, in fact less than 124 in his first 3 starts.

Romo's average isn't anywhere near 124.

Romo's 3 starts:

How do you get 124 yards per game out of that ?

And he had another game where he threw for 227 after they took Bledsoe out, I think he only played the 2nd half in that one, if I recall correctly.

He is averaging 294 yards per game in three starts, but I guess I'm just splitting hairs.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Romo 3 games 4 sacks
Bledsoe 6 games 18 sacks

How can anyone making that lame o-line excuse for Losman possibly escape the point made in this post !

Two of them actually groaned this post which demostrates their need to keep their blinders glued in place.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 04:48 PM

First we haven't seen Nall play.

Second Holcolm wasn't getting sacked at the rate Losman is.

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Might want to tryout NFL.com and the sortable player stas before running your yap too much more. Hes played in 9 games this year.

You might want to check instead of running your yap at ineptub.

You're so far off the mark it's comical :hitself:

Romo played in the 4 games I mentioned, plus one other where he only threw 2 passes both complete and one was for a TD. Where you get 9 games is anyone's guess.

Inetpub
11-16-2006, 05:06 PM
So those easly games in the year where people were watching Bledsoe play, they were Romo? Did Dallas just get 6 extra games in the year because If Romo has played a full 9 games and Bledsoe has played 6 games, we are looking at 15 games already played by Dallas. WOW! And we are only in week 11!

You might want to double check your stats. Maybe click indepth on the persons name and find out how many games they REALLY have played in. Romo being on the sideline is dressing for a game. If thats the case, Nall has played in 9 games this year. His stats suck ass! Worst in the league!

You might want to think about what your typing about next time before you go on a dummy rampage. Romo has played only 4 games.

DynaPaul
11-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Oh stop. Fans don't know crap. Romo wasn't playing 4 years ago because he wasn't ready to play 4 years ago. He wasn't playing last year because he was not ready. The fans in Dallas have been calling for Romo to start all these years because they were desperate, just like us, not because they KNEW he was something special.

Romo was ready to play LAST year. The fans saw it in the preseason and they did know that he was the answer over Bledsoe. I'm not saying they knew he was the final answer at QB but the fans knew he was at least better than the statue.

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 03:57 PM
What this demonstrates is that a team might have a QB on the bench and not even recognize it.

Rome threw zero passes in his first 3 years with Dallas.

Can you say...give Nall a shot.

Bling
11-17-2006, 05:21 PM

ROFL Now you're just an idiot. You're judging him on him suiting too for a game? How about you average what he does in his starts like you do with **. You're just desperate now.

GFLuNEEDit
11-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Romo was ready to play LAST year. The fans saw it in the preseason and they did know that he was the answer over Bledsoe. I'm not saying they knew he was the final answer at QB but the fans knew he was at least better than the statue.

That's what the Bills need , A QB ready to play.

Not one with training wheels attached.

The_Philster
11-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Interesting fact just brought up by Casserly on CBS Pregame
4 years...same offensive system