PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Evans calls offence 'awful'

The_Philster
11-13-2006, 06:36 PM
"It's awful," the Bills receiver said after practice Monday.
The usually soft-spoken Evans provided the blunt assessment a day after the Bills increasingly inept offence failed to produce a touchdown in a 17-16 loss at Indianapolis.
"It's just been bad. And until we get that fixed, it's going to continue to be bad," Evans said, specifically referring to the Bills coming away with six points - two field goals - on three trips inside the Colts 20. more (http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=184205&hubname=nfl)

kinigirly
11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
part of some of the problems. who says that?

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 06:43 PM
He is trying to tactfully say the same things Moulds was saying last year.

The QB is holding the whole team back.

After the Chicago game he said something like...we had receivers open but for whatever reason didnt complete the passes

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Watch, people are going to start calling Evans a headcase soon.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Oh yeah everyone but the QB.

According to some of these lunatics , not only is the offensive line the worst in the league, now it's Jauron and Fairchild.

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Honest question here.

How does this years offense compare with last year under Mularkey?

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Honest question here.

With Mularkey it was better, but we did still have Eric Moulds here. Part of our problem is, we dont have a #2 guy.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2006, 06:54 PM
IF JP keeps throwing the ball high like he did to Evans on that one awesome catch, he is going to get someone killed.

McGahee and Shelton already got crushed on a high pass from JP.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 06:56 PM
IF JP keeps throwing the ball high like he did to Evans on that one awesome catch, he is going to get someone killed.

It happens to everybody. I've seen some of the best QB's in the game leave their WR's out to dry, just some QB's more than others! :D

TacklingDummy
11-13-2006, 07:00 PM
It happens to everybody. I've seen some of the best QB's in the game leave their WR's out to dry, just some QB's more than others! :D

I agree.

Throwing the ball high seems like one thing JP is consistent with though.

NJFINSFAN1
11-13-2006, 07:02 PM
With Mularkey it was better, but we did still have Eric Moulds here. Part of our problem is, we dont have a #2 guy.

Mularkey is under fire here from most fans. Play calling is screwy.

So many dam trick plays!

X-Era
11-13-2006, 07:05 PM
"It's awful," the Bills receiver said after practice Monday.
The usually soft-spoken Evans provided the blunt assessment a day after the Bills increasingly inept offence failed to produce a touchdown in a 17-16 loss at Indianapolis.
"It's just been bad. And until we get that fixed, it's going to continue to be bad," Evans said, specifically referring to the Bills coming away with six points - two field goals - on three trips inside the Colts 20. more (http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=184205&hubname=nfl)

It IS awful, hes right although he should keep quiet anyways.

Our QB is struggling, our supposed "star" RB still gets tackled by the shoestrings and has yet to take over a game, in fact his backup looked better than he has this year, our o-line cannot pass block, our TE's are a group of clowns that get dumb drive killing penalties, and/or miss blocks, and our 2nd WR is basically non-existant.

Theres plenty of reason to say awful.

Its time to get playmakers early and often and pay big money for big players.

Last year the D got attention, this year we need O outside of resigning Clements and getting a young ILB.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Mularkey is under fire here from most fans. Play calling is screwy.

So many dam trick plays!

Doesnt surprise me! :idunno: I'm not sure why he doesnt get Ronnie Brown more involved, from my perspective he looks like a very good back. Gadget plays got Mularkey fired in Buffalo. Hence fans dubbed him: "Inspector Gadget!". :lol:

The_Philster
11-13-2006, 08:19 PM
He is trying to tactfully say the same things Moulds was saying last year.

The QB is holding the whole team back.didn't read the article, did you?

With Mularkey it was better, but we did still have Eric Moulds here. Part of our problem is, we dont have a #2 guy.That's the big thing right there...and we saw a hint of it last year when Moulds was suspended for a game...the passing offense sucked without him....and it's about the same now

McGahee and Shelton already got crushed on a high pass from JP.Honestly....putting it up there was the only way to complete the pass, I thought. I'd prefer he avoid doing that as much as possible....but Randy the Mess made a living off of those types of passes as a Viking

DraftBoy
11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
I like what Evans is doing, we have no offensive leader;

'Evans, recently named a Bills offensive co-captain, was careful to not single out any coach or player.'

Ladies and gentleman we HAVE A LEADER EMERGING!

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I like what Evans is doing, we have no offensive leader;

'Evans, recently named a Bills offensive co-captain, was careful to not single out any coach or player.'

Ladies and gentleman we HAVE A LEADER EMERGING!

The players don't want Losman to be the starter for the rest of the season unless he earns it.

The coaches are dedicating the season to Losman instead of whatever it takes to win.

The_Philster
11-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Losman already earned the starting job...:rolleyes:

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I like Evans, he seems like a good romodel for his teammates. He seems quiet and humble, but at the same time he knows he is capable of making very big plays.

GFLuNEEDit
11-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Thats another reason Losman won't be the starter next year.

The other players aren't behind it.

Turf
11-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Evans is practically the only football player on the entire offence IMO. He's going to want to jump off this ship the first chance he gets.

ICE74129
11-14-2006, 07:18 AM

Like JP gets crushed from a lack of willis' blocking.

mybills
11-14-2006, 07:24 AM
"If he feels like it's now his turn to be vocal about it, maybe he's just giving everyone else a break," Losman said.

Gotta love that comment! :rofl: Go JP, you tell 'em like it is! :bf1:

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Evans is practically the only football player on the entire offence IMO. He's going to want to jump off this ship the first chance he gets.

Why would he do that? We love him here in Buffalo, he is our best offensive player. It doesnt make sense for him to goto a different place where he is more expendable.

Jan Reimers
11-14-2006, 08:03 AM
The offense is terrible. The questions are why, and who's to blame? The last 2 weeks, a good part of it is offensive game planning that doesn't allow us to pass.

Against Indy, 109 yards rushing would have been a nice compliment to a good passing day. Unfortunately, only 17 pass plays were called, and only 13 were actually thrown - with 9 being completed, which is a very good 69.2% completion rate. But 109 rushing yards and 13 passes won't get it done. And those of you that think we had a great game plan and kept Manning off the field: Indy had the ball almost 34 of the last 52 minutes, after our one good drive.

We had the same formula against Green Bay, and won only because Favre turned the ball over 4 times.

You must have a passing attack to have a chance in the NFL, particularly if you do not have a spectacular RB in your arsenal, which we definitely do not. If we don't allow JP to throw it downfield in our remaining games, we won't win more than one of them.

Jeff1220
11-14-2006, 08:34 AM
I see nothing wrong with Evans' comments. He didn't single any one player out, and the offense is terrible.
I don't see how fans could think replacing JP at this point in the season is a viable option. I have almost completely given up on JP at this point, but even I know that he's the best QB on the roster right now. :( There's still a slim possibility that it'll click with him. Let him play it out. If nothing gets sinificantly better, the Bills go shopping in the offseason.

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
I see nothing wrong with Evans' comments. He didn't single any one player out, and the offense is terrible.
I don't see how fans could think replacing JP at this point in the season is a viable option. I have almost completely given up on JP at this point, but even I know that he's the best QB on the roster right now. :( There's still a slim possibility that it'll click with him. Let him play it out. If nothing gets sinificantly better, the Bills go shopping in the offseason.

That's our main problem, as he is learning how to play, the staff can't allow his abilities to take off. We as fans, don't have the time and desire to allow the man to learn it. I would love to see JP to play the game, as he sees it and feel it, but I guess that won't happend, at least not here in Buffalo.

BAM
11-14-2006, 11:18 AM
For a second there I thought this said "Bill Evans calls offense awful"

:music:

chernobylwraiths
11-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Honest question here.

It was probably more productive, but besides losing Moulds we had a different QB in for most of the games. That QB while not the answer to our offensive woes and certainly no long term answer is a better pocket passer than JP has been to date and knew where the short guy was at all times. JP seems to have RJ syndrome.

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 11:23 AM
The players don't want Losman to be the starter for the rest of the season unless he earns it.

The coaches are dedicating the season to Losman instead of whatever it takes to win.
Dude seriously. I think even Palladin warrior understands english better than you. Where in Evans article did it even imply to anything you just said? Nada.

Yasgur's Farm
11-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Dude seriously. I think even Palladin warrior understands english better than you. Where in Evans article did it even imply to anything you just said? Nada.LMAO... When GFLuNEEDit talks, it's a lot like a fart... Neither one takes much thinking.

GFLuNEEDit
11-18-2006, 12:56 PM
LMAO... When GFLuNEEDit talks, it's a lot like a fart... Neither one takes much thinking.

And everyone knows that's exactly what little draz likes sniffing

GFLuNEEDit
11-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Dude seriously. I think even Palladin warrior understands english better than you. Where in Evans article did it even imply to anything you just said? Nada.

Who ever implied that I wasted my time reading that article ?

Grow a brain.

PECKERWOOD
11-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Who ever implied that I wasted my time reading that article ?

Grow a brain.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." - Mark Twain