PDA

View Full Version : You outplayed Us

AFJoe
11-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Hey Bills fans. Just wanted to let you know I was impressed with your team yesterday. The mood was weird in the dome yesterday, couldn't put my finger on it, but just before kickoff myself and a few friends discussed how we felt an upset a-brewing. Seemed like you guys were more fired up, and it showed. The strategy of dropping 7 guys into coverage worked, Manning had to drop it off for little gains, and it seemed to frustrate the offense. It's funny, sometimes that strategy kills teams, but it worked perfectly for you guys yesterday. I think that is the first time I have ever seen Manning not go deep (40+) in an entire game.

I won some money off a friend who gave me 9 points. I called a single-digit win (after I got the pre-game feeling) and he jumped all over it. I knew it was going to be close.

Felt bad for some Bills fans we met at the game. They had bought tickets off EBay for $80, and when they showed up in the mail they found out they were $19 tickets. Usually I would laugh and tell them they are idiots for not ALWAYS looking to see the original ticket price was, but they were so nice I really felt bad for them and gave them lessons about buying tickets off of EBay.

I know you guys are down on your team, but that was the best effort I've seen against us all year, (considering how well we have been playing). I thought we were lucky to get out of there alive.

TigerJ
11-13-2006, 10:34 PM
To look at some of the threads on this board, you'd think Indianapolis gave Buffalo a 60 - 0 thrashing. Thanks.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey Bills fans. Just wanted to let you know I was impressed with your team yesterday. The mood was weird in the dome yesterday, couldn't put my finger on it, but just before kickoff myself and a few friends discussed how we felt an upset a-brewing. Seemed like you guys were more fired up, and it showed. The strategy of dropping 7 guys into coverage worked, Manning had to drop it off for little gains, and it seemed to frustrate the offense. It's funny, sometimes that strategy kills teams, but it worked perfectly for you guys yesterday. I think that is the first time I have ever seen Manning not go deep (40+) in an entire game.

I won some money off a friend who gave me 9 points. I called a single-digit win (after I got the pre-game feeling) and he jumped all over it. I knew it was going to be close.

Felt bad for some Bills fans we met at the game. They had bought tickets off EBay for $80, and when they showed up in the mail they found out they were $19 tickets. Usually I would laugh and tell them they are idiots for not ALWAYS looking to see the original ticket price was, but they were so nice I really felt bad for them and gave them lessons about buying tickets off of EBay.

I know you guys are down on your team, but that was the best effort I've seen against us all year, (considering how well we have been playing). I thought we were lucky to get out of there alive.

Thanks Joe. Hopefully Indy wins the superbowl this year!

OpIv37
11-13-2006, 10:35 PM
classy post.

And this just shows the difference between the Bills and the better teams in the league like Indy.

Even the Indy fans admit they were outplayed, but we still end up with another tally in the loss column.

Gotta hand it to the Colts though- the game never went as they planned but they toughed it out and got the win.

Devin
11-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Kind words dude, appreciate it.

On defense/ST I cant complain at all I was very pleased.

Our running games was consistant.

1-2 plays bounce our way and we win that game. Eitherway was a good game.

OpIv37
11-13-2006, 10:37 PM
To look at some of the threads on this board, you'd think Indianapolis gave Buffalo a 60 - 0 thrashing. Thanks.

what Indy's D did to our 0 is the defensive equivalent of putting up 60 points, and statistically Indy's D is lacking in a lot of areas. That's why the mood is so sour despite a strong defensive effort.

SABURZFAN
11-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Felt bad for some Bills fans we met at the game. They had bought tickets off EBay for $80, and when they showed up in the mail they found out they were $19 tickets.

i bet they were losman fans too.the Lickers aren't that bright.

AFJoe
11-13-2006, 10:49 PM
One thing I have noticed after reading some of the posts is how some people are mad about only pasing 13 times, or whatever it was. All last week people said that if you ran the ball 35-40 times you could win. The funny thing is, you did that, and almost won. I thought the game plan was pretty good: Don't make mistakes on offense, wait until you fristrate us, and then capitolize on it. I thought you had a lot better chance winning throwing the ball as little as possible than if you would have thrown it 30 times or more. Heck, you were 1 point away from me having to come on here and bow down, which I always believe one must do if you go onto someone elses board and then lose.

I remember Manning's early years when we were trying to gel, and games like this were a good confidence booster. You'll forget all about this loss when you are 12-4 in a few years, (and hopefully NE is 4-12). But the experience you gained will defintely help. Tennessee has played a lot better after coming in here and almost beating us too. Hopefully you guys have the same fortunes.

PECKERWOOD
11-13-2006, 10:57 PM
One thing I have noticed after reading some of the posts is how some people are mad about only pasing 13 times, or whatever it was. All last week people said that if you ran the ball 35-40 times you could win. The funny thing is, you did that, and almost won. I thought the game plan was pretty good: Don't make mistakes on offense, wait until you fristrate us, and then capitolize on it. I thought you had a lot better chance winning throwing the ball as little as possible than if you would have thrown it 30 times or more. Heck, you were 1 point away from me having to come on here and bow down, which I always believe one must do if you go onto someone elses board and then lose.

I remember Manning's early years when we were trying to gel, and games like this were a good confidence booster. You'll forget all about this loss when you are 12-4 in a few years, (and hopefully NE is 4-12). But the experience you gained will defintely help. Tennessee has played a lot better after coming in here and almost beating us too. Hopefully you guys have the same fortunes.

Thanks man, good insight.

unpaid_bills
11-13-2006, 11:40 PM

These are the types of games this team has to learn how to win ie Find a way to win. I liked the game plan too, except even though we only those 4 sacks were drive killers just like a turnover. We were also horrible on 3rd down 5-14. We have speed WR and cant get the ball in their hands. You arent going to win many games with going 9-13 for 83 yds factor in those sacks and pressures it's ugly. When the opposing teams TE nobody has heard of outperforms your QB abd WR + Te its not a good day.

Mr. Cynical
11-13-2006, 11:51 PM

Great post. :up:

I'm glad Indy is not in our division any longer because I like to root for them.

Manning = class.
Harrison = class.
Dungy = class.

Peyton deserves a ring, period. I hope the Colts do it this year.

And yes, I hope NE goes 4-12 for the next 10 years. How I HATE that team.

Elminster
11-14-2006, 12:00 AM
While we're on the subject of New England, THANK YOU for making that pussy Brady pout on the sidelines two weeks ago. I loved seeing it, and it was good to have that "Super Patriots" BS dealt with. Hopefully the Packers will somehow manage to hand them their 3rd loss in a row this weekend. Best of luck in the postseason, and thank you for being classy...

TacklingDummy
11-14-2006, 12:02 AM

Best effort? The Colts have won 7 games by a TD or less.

Colts 26 Giants 21
Colts 21 Jags 14
Colts 14 Tenn 13
Colts 34 Denver 31
Colts 27 NE 21
Colts 31 Jets 28
Colts 17 Bills 16

It might be the best you seen a defense play against Manning this year. The Bills offense stinks and it continued to stink against the Colts.

You were lucky to get out of there with a win. If the Bills had a QB it would of been a completely different outcome.

mchurchfie
11-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Nice warm and fuzzy thread but the bottomline is that Peyton and Co did no more than they had to for the win. If they needed to have 40 points they would have gotten it. Buffalo is not in their league and the fact that everyone thinks that they even had a chance to win is an abberation. Sorry, but that is the reality of it all no matter how good of a spin you put on it. That being said Indy has their problems too. Their defense is still very much suspect and it will probably come back to haunt them against the better teams....what few are left.:ill:

shelby
11-14-2006, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the positive thoughts. Good luck to your Colts this season.

ddaryl
11-14-2006, 05:30 AM
I'd like to see Indy win the SB this year just as long as they don't go 19-0. Peyton deserves it, and so does Polian

However I reserve the 19-0 record which is to be set by the Bills in the not to distant future

jamze132
11-14-2006, 06:22 AM
Well I would love to see the Colts go 19-0 so Miami can STFU.

And is it just me or does it seem like Peyton is just toying with defenses, trying new stuff, kind of like Tiger Woods tries new shots when he is ahead? It just seems like, whatever they need to win, he will get it, and not much more.

mybills
11-14-2006, 06:53 AM
One thing I have noticed after reading some of the posts is how some people are mad about only pasing 13 times, or whatever it was. All last week people said that if you ran the ball 35-40 times you could win. The funny thing is, you did that, and almost won.
ding ding ding! Glad you noticed that, too! :rofl:
They don't even agree that had Lindell made the field goal and put us at 19-17, that we would have a W. blah blah blah...6 minutes left. :rofl:

Thanks for the props, and I will cheer for Peyton all the way to the SB! :up:

Dr. Lecter
11-14-2006, 07:29 AM
Best effort? The Colts have won 7 games by a TD or less.

Colts 26 Giants 21
Colts 21 Jags 14
Colts 14 Tenn 13
Colts 34 Denver 31
Colts 27 NE 21
Colts 31 Jets 28
Colts 17 Bills 16

It might be the best you seen a defense play against Manning this year. The Bills offense stinks and it continued to stink against the Colts.

You were lucky to get out of there with a win. If the Bills had a QB it would of been a completely different outcome.

If you think QB was the #1 problem against Indy, you missed the game. I hope somebody taped it for you.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2006, 07:44 AM
Kind words dude, appreciate it.

On defense/ST I cant complain at all I was very pleased.

Our running games was consistant.

1-2 plays bounce our way and we win that game. Eitherway was a good game.

Devin's Translation=JP's fault.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2006, 07:49 AM
One thing I have noticed after reading some of the posts is how some people are mad about only pasing 13 times, or whatever it was. All last week people said that if you ran the ball 35-40 times you could win. The funny thing is, you did that, and almost won. I thought the game plan was pretty good: Don't make mistakes on offense, wait until you fristrate us, and then capitolize on it. I thought you had a lot better chance winning throwing the ball as little as possible than if you would have thrown it 30 times or more.

Yep. The Colt fan gets it.

We were playing a team that was 8-0 on the road. We are 3-6 for a reason. We played well but we were not good enough to win. PERIOD. If we deserved to win the game than our D should have got us the ball back when there was 6:22 left in the game. NE did the exact same thing to us in week 1.

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2006, 10:23 AM
It was a great game to me. I'm never happy when my team don't win, but I'm glad that a classy team, with classy fans beat us. As a Bills fan, lately I have to deal, with people rooting for other teams, plus "fans" from our same team. For our fans is not enough to just win, they need/want to win pretty and scoring 30+ points, with a young team, learning a new system, for the third
straight season. I'm proud to be a Bills fan, and I enjoy to watch them play, when they play great (not lately or often), I enjoy it. And when they play bad or awful, I get mad and pissed off, BUT still enjoy it.

Go Buffalo, Go BIlls and go BUFFALO BILLS DIE HARD FANS!!!!!!!!!!

Cntrygal
11-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks AFJoe. :up:

realdealryan
11-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Weird mood is right. I was tailgating with some Colts fans and they weren't very confident, citing near-losses this year and the way the dominant early-90s Bills used to come to town and lose sometimes. I would point out that those were division games, but they still had a weird feeling about the game. So much so that I saw a twentysomething girl taking a dump in the middle of a lane in an open parking lot amongst other tailgaters. Never seen anything like that in my life. Then I get inside the dome and nobody says anything, even when I run down a few rows and swing on the guardrail like an orangutan when McGee ties the game on the fumble return. Not a word. I like this city and most Colts fans, however, and I think this team deserves a Super Bowl berth at the very least. Until our Bills can make deep playoff runs and win some big games, I will cheer alongside Colts fans while their team crushes the teams I hate...