PDA

View Full Version : Per Jackington at bb.com

Yasgur's Farm
11-14-2006, 06:12 AM
This guy is a JP basher...

2.8 - JP in shotgun (only time), hits Lee Evans
2.0 - Pass Interference play
2.0 - Little curl pattern
2.8 - 5 step drop (as most in this game seem to be)
2.5 - Sack. Very interesting play. I think it's a 3 TE/2 RB. ONLY Evans goes out on the route. Pennington misses badly and Shelton looks out of position to me, he should have helped out. This play mystifies me...
2.8 - Sack. JP had Royal wide open, Gandy was horrible here, simply awful.
2.0 - Horrible pass to Price, JP had better options here. Freeney had a nice inside move and Peters recieved no help but the DT next to Freeney was double teamed by Fowler and Gandy
2.0 - Loss of 2 yards to Price. The play seemed part unlucky and part poorly designed. The corner was playing off Price and instantly backpeddled when the ball was snapped. However, the OLB playing Royal didnt even look at the play fake and just covered Royal and then helped tackle Price (because he was covering Royal). Villarial didnt help at all either. Would have worked better to just let Price try and beat the corner
2.8 - JP had time, Royal was open. Horrible, horrible pass. This was as poor as Gandy's attempted blocking earlier. No excuse for JP for this bad pass.
1.0 - 8 guys in the box, slant to Price (?) on the side with the safety help. Good call, good throw, took no time, decent yards, good recovery by the corner to tackle Price.
1.7 - Another slant attempt (see, we run them) but bad bad read by JP here. He had time and had BOTH tight ends open flareing to the outside, one left, one right, both cuold have got the 1st down.
2.5 - 2nd and 4 i think. Incomplete pass, i think my chicken scratch says bad throw. The play action actually worked somewhat here...
2.0 - BEST BLOCKING OF THE GAME! 3 Colts are on the ground, only Mathis still up! Only results in a short out for 8 yards however...
2.9 - Mid range out pattern. Great throw by JP.
2.0 - Sack. Weird play here. Important time of the game. We had trips lined up to the right but no blocker covered the guy rushing from the end! Now, that's bad, but to me, it looked intentional, because Price instantly ran a pattern to the sideline and could have been hit before JP was sacked but JP just didn't pull the trigger. As mobile as he is, he thought he could make the move instead and hit Evans deep. Bad decision but oh well. I dont really blame the line here... Jp was trying to do too much and i dont mind that from a QB sometimes, just not against the Colts on the road...
2.5 - The Freeny Sack. Obviously Royal was overmatched, but there was a LB blitz right at Peters, still should have been a Gandy pick up IMHO. Both runing backs ended up to JPs right which didnt help anyone. It almost looked like JP should have rolled to the right some. It was a straight 5-step drop back (i'm sure that was probably what was called). JP looked right the WHOLE time and Price was open on a slant pattern to his left. This was not a completely blown play, a positive play could have come out of this. I'm glad JP held onto the ball here, he could have easily fumbled (he was about to throw).
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1371746.aspx

jamze132
11-14-2006, 06:52 AM
Whether he is a basher or not, it's honest. Again it proves that our offense is dispicable. And it also shows that the playcalling is attrocious.

ICE74129
11-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Whether he is a basher or not, it's honest. Again it proves that our offense is dispicable. And it also shows that the playcalling is attrocious.

Look I still feel JP isn't getting it from his lack of decision making, but fairchild calling stupid ****, not letting the QB audible and makeing him stay in the pocket along with crap for an OL, sure isn't making things better