PDA

View Full Version : For The Rest of the season here's what we should do w/ JP

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Let him throw as much as he did against the Jets. Let him call the plays. It's not fair that he get's blamed for stinking up the place because they force him stay in the pocket and eat the pressure in his face trying to run the playcall from Fairchild. If he calls his own plays, there's no one to blame but him.

If he get's beaten to a pulp because our OL can't pass block, so be it.

At least we get to not only assess him but also the wrs. You can't grade either the QB or wrs if the O isn't allowed to throw the ball. It makes no sense trying to come up with a gameplan to win the game. It's all about seeing what our players can do. Who we keep and who we get rid of.

IF we end up having draft a qb next year because JP either stinks or is dead , we should do the same thing and throw him to the wolves as well. It may not be the best thing for a qb but obviously the haters think it's the way to go whether or not we have an OL.

Fair enough?

Night Train
11-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Let him throw as much as he did against the Jets. Let him call the plays. It's not fair that he get's blamed for stinking up the place because they force him stay in the pocket and eat the pressure in his face trying to run the playcall from Fairchild. If he calls his own plays, there's no one to blame but him.

At least we get to not only assess him but also the wrs. You can't grade either the QB or wrs if the O isn't allowed to throw the ball. It makes no sense trying to come up with a gameplan to win the game. It's all about seeing what our players can do. Who we keep and who we get rid of.

IF we end up having draft a qb next year because JP either stinks or is dead , we should do the same thing and throw him to the wolves as well. It may not be the best thing for a qb but obviously the haters think it's the way to go whether or not we have an OL.

Fair enough?

Not a bad idea but it's a formula of how to win games with this staff. They have zero confidence in the OL protection, moreso than fearing JP. They wish to reduce the turnovers while hoping to win close games. Anthony Thomas will carry the ball a ton the rest of the way.

Not saying I agree with Jaurons thinking but it's probably a good idea to let JP air it out on some series, like you suggest. Otherwise, the opposition will start putting 8 in the box against us without any worry. We'll be more boring than now, if that's possible.

Another problem is the lack of seperation by all receivers not named Evans. These other WR's and TE's have really let us down witth bad efforts and dropped passes. No QB would be happy with this lack of talent.

alohabillsfan
11-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Make Fletcher play TE atleast he can catch and run! Seriously, the OC needs to simplify the offense, teach hot reads ( I cannot fathom why we cannot make adjustments) get the TE's and RB involved in the passing game, Keep It Simple Stupid!!!!

P.S. FIX THE RED ZONE PLAY CALLING (read incorporate taking a shot into the endzone) A play that works for professional football teams is that you put your #1 Reciever to the TE side and he clears out by running a slant, TE chips DE and leaks into the flat (normally covered by LB) QB pump fake slant (this keeps saftey in middle and then toss to wide open TE for a TD!

Jan Reimers
11-14-2006, 10:07 AM
I agree with both justa and Night Train. Let the kid play and let the chips fall where they may.

We don't have a good enough running game, or enough consistency on D (yet) to win games with a ball control offense, anyway.

I'm not interested in boring, respectable losses. Let's stop worrying about keeping the score close, and see what EVERYONE can do, so that we can make some rational decisions in the offseason to make this team better.

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Another problem is the lack of seperation by all receivers not named Evans. These other WR's and TE's have really let us down witth bad efforts and dropped passes. No QB would be happy with this lack of talent.

Reed was out against the colts and he's been sure handed this season and he's another wr that JP tends to go to if Evans is double teamed. Let's not blame the loss of JP's other go to guy as partly the reason why we struggled against colts. It's too easy.

Next year, let's keep the same wrs and then see what the new qb can do with them. It really might be just JP. Maybe Royals/Everrett , our OL and wrs are good enough.

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 10:16 AM
P.S. FIX THE RED ZONE PLAY CALLING (read incorporate taking a shot into the endzone) A play that works for professional football teams is that you put your #1 Reciever to the TE side and he clears out by running a slant, TE chips DE and leaks into the flat (normally covered by LB) QB pump fake slant (this keeps saftey in middle and then toss to wide open TE for a TD!

I saw nothing wrong with trying to run the ball in the redzone against a team with a horrible run D. It helps assesss what we have in the OL and rb position .

I know it's stupid but it also makes it easier to blame JP for the lack of TD as far as the haters are concerned. Why not, JP is the leader of this team and is also responsible for the running game in the redzone.

Next time, just let JP call his own plays especially in the redzone. There are certain plays he's comfortable with and thinks he can pull off. Most coaches asks the qb what they think they should run. It's part of developing JP's decision making.

spacecowboy
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
While we're talking about JP throwing the ball, I was wondering how many passes have been crossing routes? Wouldn't this be a logical thing to do with the lack of pass protection? I think this type of play would be perfect for Parrish, although I think he might get creamed once and awhile.

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 10:26 AM
While we're talking about JP throwing the ball, I was wondering how many passes have been crossing routes? Wouldn't this be a logical thing to do with the lack of pass protection? I think this type of play would be perfect for Parrish, although I think he might get creamed once and awhile.
this is what Greenbay and the colts did to us all day. Inside slantsup the middle. I was wondering why we don't do this since we have speedy wr's with awsome first steps. Could it be because our interior OL collapses that JP can't see up the middle unlike the colts' and greenbay's OL? Na, let's not blame the OL , that's too easy again.

Let Jp call his own plays next time and when the middle of the OL breaks down, let him be allowed to run away instead of staying in there and finish the play like Fairchild wants him to.

ICE74129
11-14-2006, 10:38 AM

Fair enough?

I agree give him 15 pass plays, 8 run plays and let him go no huddle and let him call his own plays.

I agree completely. If he is going to take all the **** for this team then put him in a position to truely take the blame.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm all for letting JP pass more. But letting him call the plays? He can barely call a timeout at appropriate times. Man, if he is put in a position similar to what Peyton Manning does, we are going to see penalty after penalty.

Night Train
11-14-2006, 10:50 AM
Next year, let's keep the same wrs and then see what the new qb can do with them.

Good Lord

I challenge you to sit in the stands during the home games and actually view the horrid lack of seperation by these WR's and TE's. They stop moving and fail to find the open space more often than not.

I know Josh Reed is a good blocker and can get positive yardage after the catch by breaking tackles. I also realize he's a #3 slot receiver and isn't above quitting on some routes. Price and Andre Davis share a habit of hearing footsteps and quit all the time. Davis saves his job with his ST gunner ability but giving these guys a pass, let alone throwing them one, isn't sound logic. Neither TE has shown me much.

Why is JP holdiong on to the ball too long on many plays ? I know why. The view from the stands doesn't lie.

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm all for letting JP pass more. But letting him call the plays? He can barely call a timeout at appropriate times. Man, if he is put in a position similar to what Peyton Manning does, we are going to see penalty after penalty.
I said that, because haters blame JP for anything that the OC calls anyways. Might as well let himcall it so the blame falls on himself and no one else. :D

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Good Lord

I challenge you to sit in the stands during the home games and actually view the horrid lack of seperation by these WR's and TE's. They stop moving and fail to find the open space more often than not.

I know Josh Reed is a good blocker and can get positive yardage after the catch by breaking tackles. I also realize he's a #3 slot receiver and isn't above quitting on some routes. Price and Andre Davis share a habit of hearing footsteps and quit all the time. Davis saves his job with his ST gunner ability but giving these guys a pass, let alone throwing them one, isn't sound logic. Neither TE has shown me much.

Why is JP holdiong on to the ball too long on many plays ? I know why. The view from the stands doesn't lie.

I agree with your post.. Reed is a good #3 guy for sure. Parrish is good in certain situations, also.. But for the most part our WR's suck. We have one number 1 WR. And a solid #3, and a very good #4 in Roscoe. Marv better draft a big WR in the 1st or 2nd round, either that, or hopefully there is some talent available through FA.

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Good Lord

Let the next qb have the same supporting cast. That way the haters can prove to us it was all JP fault and that he's had enough weapons.

madness
11-14-2006, 11:06 AM
JP is not the problem. People's patience is.

Night Train
11-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Let the next qb have the same supporting cast. That way the haters can prove to us it was all JP fault and that he's had enough weapons.

The haters are mostly droolers who belong in daycare. Who cares what they say.

I still hope for a draft with heavy emphasis on OL, with a MLB and DT thrown in for good measure.

We could dump Price and find a more reliable #2 WR in March FA.

DynaPaul
11-14-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm agreeing with most of you all. Give JP his legs back and let him run around a bit in the pocket. Obviously he's never going to learn how to be a pocket passer behind a line that gives him 2.6 seconds to make a throw. Let him run around and tire out the defensive line, it's the only way the guy really knows how to play anyway.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Here's what we should do to good old number 7....let him hold a clipboard on the sideline....pass out gatorade to the players....grab some pom pom's.

SABURZFAN
11-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Here's what we should do to good old number 7....let him hold a clipboard on the sideline....pass out gatorade to the players....grab some pom pom's.

great idea. :up:

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 08:55 PM

According to bashers, Losman shows no fire and isn't motivated. How the hell are you going to give him pom pom's and expect him to be a solid cheerleader? :huh:

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 09:05 PM

Fair enough?

Now that would be interesting.

ddaryl
11-14-2006, 09:34 PM
I agree that this season is not going to end with a wild card berth, and we have many problems besides the play at the QB position. Playing conservative football is not the answer for the rest of the season IMO. It was a good gameplan for Indianapolis, and it almost worked. However JP is getting the majority of the season if not the entire season to gain experience, and this was discussed on this board during the offseason. As Bills fans we all know this team is in full rebuild mode, and all we have for the rest of the season is trying to figure out deserves to stay, who should go.

In JP's case, I do agree with popular sentiments that we need to be running less 5 and 7 step drop back pass plays and working more 3 step drop back pass plays. If you look at some of the ea rly success JP had this season most of the success came from quick passes.

Akhippo
11-15-2006, 01:50 PM
I agree with going pass happy. If not for anything but to have some game tape to evaluate JP at the end of the season. Just about all he has to date are passes on third down and long.

This team is in full learning mode now. Im all for this team working on an offensive identity as opposed to playing to not make mistakes. Mix up the play calling. I want to see the playaction, crossing routes, slants, TE plays, dumps to the RB, deep balls just for the sake of showing the deep ball.

Call a play like: JP this is going deep, look off the safety, dont wait till the receiver is open, anticipate and throw.

Teach the rest of the season. I would rather see a well executed deep throw go incomplete on 2nd a 5 than watch the SAFE run off tackle because thats what is low risk.

Kerr
11-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Agreed. You need to know what you have before you make a good evaluation. Besides, jp wasn't drafted to be a caretaker qb. He was a playmaker in college and was drafted for the purpose, but of course is being converted into a jim miller type qb by jauron and fairchild. It's bad enough they don't let him make plays with his feet. So if they let him play his game and he still stinks up the place, you can make a fair decision by the end of the season and nobody can say he wasn't given a fair shot. Right now using him as a caretaker qb answers nothing. Any qb can do that.

Inetpub
11-15-2006, 03:21 PM
According to bashers, Losman shows no fire and isn't motivated. How the hell are you going to give him pom pom's and expect him to be a solid cheerleader? :huh:

True. Let him just sit on the sideline and groan at watching another QB playing. Thats what he does all game anyways. Asking him to hold a clipboard is outrageous. Hes too busy crying on the bench.

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 03:31 PM
True. Let him just sit on the sideline and groan at watching another QB playing. Thats what he does all game anyways. Asking him to hold a clipboard is outrageous. Hes too busy crying on the bench.
Instead of holding a clipboard, we should give him a surfboard. Kalibunga dude! :up:

justasportsfan
11-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Who's starting ? Oh yeah JP :dance: Ya'll haters can cry while watching the game. :snicker:

Inetpub
11-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Who's starting ? Oh yeah JP :dance: Ya'll haters can cry while watching the game. :snicker:

Yes but watching the game is only 3 hours. Afterwards, we laugh for days!

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 04:01 PM
No I think the lickers will be crying as they are bound to lose another one with boy blunder at QB.

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
No I think the lickers will be crying as they are bound to lose another one with boy blunder at QB.

The lickers may be crying for a short period after the loss, but the little dickers will be crying for the rest of this year, and next year atleast. :up:

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 04:18 PM
The lickers may be crying for a short period after the loss, but the little dickers will be crying for the rest of this year, and next year atleast. :up:

No the lickers will continue to cry because I don't see the Bills turning this around with boy blunder at QB.:laughing:

justasportsfan
11-15-2006, 04:27 PM
obviously not a bills fan.

Night Train
11-15-2006, 04:29 PM
No the lickers will continue to cry because I don't see the Bills turning this around with boy blunder at QB.:laughing:

Yes. It's all the QB. The line and receivers are stellar.

Put in Holcan't or Nall and we start to roll. :laughing:

PECKERWOOD
11-15-2006, 04:34 PM

From the looks of it, all Bill's fans will be crying if we dont start winning games. The little dickers are just going to be crying more than the lickers! :D

The_Philster
11-15-2006, 04:41 PM
From the looks of it, all Bill's fans will be crying if we dont start winning games. that's just it...all Bills fans..some others have said
watching the game is only 3 hours. Afterwards, we laugh for days!What Bills fan laughs about a loss?

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 04:45 PM
From the looks of it, all Bill's fans will be crying if we dont start winning games. The little dickers are just going to be crying more than the lickers! :D
The lickers will continue to lick and the Bills will continue to lose with Losman at QB

Akhippo
11-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Wow, how a decent discussion drops directly proportional to the posters posting. He licks and sucks. No you suck more than lick you licker. What? I guess when your limited to no more than four letters per word intellectually this is what you get.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 10:44 PM

i only laugh at the homers.

G. Host
11-17-2006, 11:01 PM

No you blame the coaches for they do something completely idiotic.

Very few QBs can call their own plays and they are truely special ones like Jimbo.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1163825812.gif is special as in special ed not as in truely special.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2006, 11:16 PM
No you blame the coaches for they do something completely idiotic.

Very few QBs can call their own plays and they are truely special ones like Jimbo.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/182-1163825812.gif is special as in special ed not as in truely special.

outside of manning and brady,how many other QB's in the NFL are good enough to call their own plays?