PDA

View Full Version : Dick and Marv Have a Plan

BidsJr
11-14-2006, 01:30 PM
I just like a lot of others were steaming after the loss last week. I was just about to toss in the towel and concede the season and the next few, while I jump on board the we need a new QB bandwagon. Matter of fact I told my wife that I was convinced that JP was so horrible in the red zone, that was the reason for the lack of trust inside the 20's against the Colts.

After looking up JP's red zone stats I had to rethink some things and come back from the edge of the cliff.

So far this season he has performed better in the red-zone than any other area on the field. 108 Rating, 4td's, no picks, 2 sacks in ONLY 15 attempts.

If I remember correctly during the game they said we had 20 redzone opportunities for the year and JP only has 15 attempts.

Now from here we can look at this two different ways. The bashers will say that the coaches don't trust him and he is a bust. I myself had this creep in after the game.

After taking a couple days to cool off and think about this I have decided, with more conviction than ever, that this is and will be the plan for the rest of the year.

Dick knows darn well that considering how infrequently we have been getting into the redzone we better make the most of it. He also knows that our o-line is a mess right now and he can't afford to take to many chances. So we pound the ball, take maybe one shot at the endzone, and get what we can get.

If Dick thought that a different QB would have gotten him different results, that would have been the move at the by week instead of changing around most of the O-Line.

I also believe that in the offseason that same line of thinking will keep JP here and make it a SUPER o-line heavy FA and draft for us.

Our o-line will not be the same next year.

For those of you who want a new QB with a high draft pick next year; he will suck too behind this line.

We barely sniffed Manning this week let alone sack him, and he was getting as much time for dump offs as JP is getting for bombs. (He also has 3 quality TE's and a recieving back)

For those of you who want JP to drop back and chuck it 35 times a game; you guys are out of whack as well. He will get killed for one, still not have anymore time secondly, and thirdly the #'s will be worse firing up the hate even more.

As for no-huddle call his own plays ICE; :laughing:

At the end of the year we need a healthy QB who isn't emotionally destroyed like last year. We go heavy in the draft on the o-line, and if he still sucks at least in 08 we have a line that a QB can play behind........ Whoever that may be.

madness
11-14-2006, 03:08 PM
:goodpost:

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Marv will show us the way. He upgraded the D last offseason. This one he focuses on the O. We are in good hands!

madness
11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Marv will show us the way. He upgraded the D last offseason. This one he focuses on the O. We are in good hands!

Not to get off topic but I soley blame you for the loss to the Colts last week.

I didn't see a prediction thread. :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I predicted we would get killed.

X-Era
11-14-2006, 04:04 PM
I just like a lot of others were steaming after the loss last week. I was just about to toss in the towel and concede the season and the next few, while I jump on board the we need a new QB bandwagon. Matter of fact I told my wife that I was convinced that JP was so horrible in the red zone, that was the reason for the lack of trust inside the 20's against the Colts.

After looking up JP's red zone stats I had to rethink some things and come back from the edge of the cliff.

So far this season he has performed better in the red-zone than any other area on the field. 108 Rating, 4td's, no picks, 2 sacks in ONLY 15 attempts.

If I remember correctly during the game they said we had 20 redzone opportunities for the year and JP only has 15 attempts.

Now from here we can look at this two different ways. The bashers will say that the coaches don't trust him and he is a bust. I myself had this creep in after the game.

After taking a couple days to cool off and think about this I have decided, with more conviction than ever, that this is and will be the plan for the rest of the year.

Dick knows darn well that considering how infrequently we have been getting into the redzone we better make the most of it. He also knows that our o-line is a mess right now and he can't afford to take to many chances. So we pound the ball, take maybe one shot at the endzone, and get what we can get.

If Dick thought that a different QB would have gotten him different results, that would have been the move at the by week instead of changing around most of the O-Line.

I also believe that in the offseason that same line of thinking will keep JP here and make it a SUPER o-line heavy FA and draft for us.

For those of you who want a new QB with a high draft pick next year; he will suck too behind this line.

We barely sniffed Manning this week let alone sack him, and he was getting as much time for dump offs as JP is getting for bombs. (He also has 3 quality TE's and a recieving back)

For those of you who want JP to drop back and chuck it 35 times a game; you guys are out of whack as well. He will get killed for one, still not have anymore time secondly, and thirdly the #'s will be worse firing up the hate even more.

At the end of the year we need a healthy QB who isn't emotionally destroyed like last year. We go heavy in the draft on the o-line, and if he still sucks at least in 08 we have a line that a QB can play behind........ Whoever that may be.

It makes sense because I dont see us fixing both in THIS offseason and JP may turn out to be fine if the line gives him enough time.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 04:23 PM
No reason why they cannot draft a QB in the 1st round.

What makes you think they only have one pick ?

There's more rounds then the 1st to find offensive linemen, plus there is free agency.

When was the last time you have seen an offensive lineman that should be taken that high ?

If they take an offensive lineman that high they will waste another chance to get an impact player just like they did in this draft.

Here is a comparison Whitner & McCargo or Cutler & Maroney !
They could have solved their 2 biggest needs in one draft but they sh** the bed.

Marv sh** the bed again by bringing in these marginal free agents in the offseason for the offensive line.

They would have been far better off with one quality free agent . I recall Levy saying something to the effect that they believe in depth first. What kind of logic is that, when you create a team deep with players that suck ?

And now they are stuck with the salaries and not one of these players can help the team.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Buffalo has two pro sport teams.

One can't seem to do anything wrong in terms of scouting and player moves, and the other can't seem to do anything, and I do mean zero , right.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 04:32 PM

One can't seem to do anything wrong in terms of scouting and player moves, and the other can't seem to do anything, and I do mean zero , right.
4, not 2

Mitchy moo
11-14-2006, 04:36 PM

Who do we blame then, the owners or the staff?

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 04:40 PM
4, not 2

All the bisons ever were was a scam to get taxpayers to build a major league stadium for a minor league team.

Bob Rich has a venue to generate a big profit at taxpayer expense, fielding a AAA team.

What a joke.

And what is supposedly the 4th pro team ?

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Who do we blame then, the owners or the staff?

Wilson is partially to blame to the extent that he doesn't pull the trigger fast enough on getting rid of losers.

He let that Donahoe wreck go on way too long.

I hope he doesn't make the same mistake with this Losman abortion.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 04:44 PM
All the bisons ever were was a scam to get taxpayers to build a major league stadium for a minor league team.

Bob Rich has a venue to generate a big profit at taxpayer expense, fielding a AAA team.

What a joke.

And what is supposedly the 4th pro team ?
no supposedly about it....if you had said 2 major league pro sports teams, you'd be correct...but there are 4 professional sports teams in Buffalo...so you were wrong
Bills
Sabres
Bisons
Bandits

all getting paid to play their sport...hence..professional teams :nana:

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 04:45 PM
It makes sense because I dont see us fixing both in THIS offseason and JP may turn out to be fine if the line gives him enough time.

Losman may turn out to be fine ?

We must be watching two different QBs that go by the name of Losman.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Losman may turn out to be fine ?

We must be watching two different QBs that go by the name of Losman.
some of us don't have a personal grudge that prevents us from seeing things unbiased

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 04:50 PM
some of us don't have a personal grudge that prevents us from seeing things unbiased

Some of us aren't so enamoured with a player that we have lost our objectivity.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 04:51 PM
no supposedly about it....if you had said 2 major league pro sports teams, you'd be correct...but there are 4 professional sports teams in Buffalo...so you were wrong
Bills
Sabres
Bisons
Bandits

all getting paid to play their sport...hence..professional teams :nana:

The bandits. You must be kidding.

What are you smoking ?

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 04:53 PM

Now that I agree with.
Now only should he not be throwing 35 times a game, he shouldn't be in there as a starter at all.

TigerJ
11-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't know it JP will be here or not after the season. I do agree that Buffalo needs to speend some serious effort and money to upgrade the offensive line. They are really pitiful. Villarrial is done. I don't know if Pennington will develop or not, but the Bills will have to plan as if he will not. It remains to be seen whether Fowler and Gandy can get it done, and I have to assume that if Reyes is riding the bench while Preston starts in place of Villarrial, the Bills brain trust doesnt' think he can block the way he needs to block.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm more objective than you'll ever dream of being...all it requires is reading ability to see it

The bandits. You must be kidding.

What are you smoking ?not a thing..they get paid...they're professionals

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 05:01 PM

This last offseason was a disaster.

They keep having offseasons like that and you can forget about home games broadcast on TV.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 05:06 PM
This last offseason was a disaster.

They keep having offseasons like that and you can forget about home games broadcast on TV.
The free agency part of the offseason I'll give you to an extent...Royal and Bowen were headscratchers...Peerless doesn't look anything like the player we used to have...Tripplett has had his spots of good play...but not enough to be worth what he paid..Reyes is an upgrade over Bennie The Penalty, though...and hopefully will be an upgrade over Villarial
But the draft, which you really can't judge accurately for a few years, looks decent so far...Whitner, Simpson, and Kyle Williams have been pretty good...Ellison has had his spots...Pennington is a question mark...gotta see if it's a case where he just has to work into it...most rookie OTs do.

Yasgur's Farm
11-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Some of us aren't so enamoured with a player that we have lost our objectivity.Being that your only focus in every post is JP bashing... I would question your objectivity. Actually, I don't question it... it's evident.

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm sure they have a plan. They aren't stupid. That being said, the question is how GOOD that plan is. IMO, it sucks.

ParanoidAndroid
11-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Stop quoting that guy. I have him on ignore for a reason. :D

ParanoidAndroid
11-14-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm sure they have a plan. They aren't stupid. That being said, the question is how GOOD that plan is. IMO, it sucks.

Half of a season and we haven't won a superbowl yet? Fire them!!!

ublinkwescore
11-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I predicted we would get killed.

Well, thanks for being wrong... sort of.

ublinkwescore
11-14-2006, 06:16 PM

You know what, we've been going about the approach to offense the wrong way for the last 10 years (since Kelly left)... We've had at least 7 QBs come in and play, and only two of them have been probowl quality (arguably of course - Flutie and Bledsoe in his first year). In all of that time, we have not really made any blockbuster moves to address the Olines. If you want to mention the word objectivity, try living by it through and through - maybe the reason that we can't get any decent QB play is because we have such a crappy product trying to protect him.

BidsJr
11-14-2006, 09:55 PM
No reason why they cannot draft a QB in the 1st round.

What makes you think they only have one pick ?

There's more rounds then the 1st to find offensive linemen, plus there is free agency.

When was the last time you have seen an offensive lineman that should be taken that high ?

If they take an offensive lineman that high they will waste another chance to get an impact player just like they did in this draft.

They could have solved their 2 biggest needs in one draft but they sh** the bed.

Marv sh** the bed again by bringing in these marginal free agents in the offseason for the offensive line.

They would have been far better off with one quality free agent . I recall Levy saying something to the effect that they believe in depth first. What kind of logic is that, when you create a team deep with players that suck ?

And now they are stuck with the salaries and not one of these players can help the team.

You're missing it bud. Not saying that we will go O-Line in the first round.

Saying that if we go QB in the first round it would be a huge mistake.

Team has wayyyyyyyyy too many holes to draft another QB right now.

A better bet would be to go WR, or, LB, or CB, than go QB.

Then go Guard or RT in the second round.

If we shore up the rest of the team, when and if we change to a new QB the impact will be immediate.

As opposed to your crummie philosophy of JP sucks and is the reason why we are losing.

Guess what we draft Brady Quinn next year and we still suck.

BidsJr
11-14-2006, 10:01 PM

:laughing:

Cutler = No NFL snaps when we already have a 1st round QB.

Maroney = Drafting a player for a position that is at minimum average on a team that is pretty below average.

Turn off the Madden 07 and lay down the gamepad.

unpaid_bills
11-14-2006, 10:37 PM
The free agency part of the offseason I'll give you to an extent...Royal and Bowen were headscratchers...Peerless doesn't look anything like the player we used to have...Tripplett has had his spots of good play...but not enough to be worth what he paid..Reyes is an upgrade over Bennie The Penalty, though...and hopefully will be an upgrade over Villarial
But the draft, which you really can't judge accurately for a few years, looks decent so far...Whitner, Simpson, and Kyle Williams have been pretty good...Ellison has had his spots...Pennington is a question mark...gotta see if it's a case where he just has to work into it...most rookie OTs do.

I personally think the Draft was a bright spot. All of those players you mentioned are contributing. The FA's beyond Tripplett and Reyes I did not like either. Its easy to point out problems when you are losing. I think one thing as far as upgrades we have a more stable and football knowledgable coaching staff and front office with Marv. We have the talent at they key spots it just the chemistry and putting it all together (easy for me to say). We just need to win some games to get on a roll -- at this level they all have the talent its more mental and game experience. Just my own thoughts

jamze132
11-15-2006, 04:04 AM
Everyone knew coming into this season that there were going to be growing pains. And yes even I get ****ing pissed at some of the stuff that has happened this year, but after I beat my kids a little bit, I calm down and realize that we are rebuilding and it can't be done in 1 year, considering the mess that Donahoe left Levy to clean up.

Levy did what he could in his first offseason. he inherited this team, he didn't build it. He did a good job of going after the defense in his first draft. I can almost guarantee that next year, we will be going offense for the most part.

And he will bring in better FAs next offseason as well. He attmepted to get a couple of decent RFAs in this year, but it didn't happen. But the biggest reason I think we were pretty quiet for during the FA period is that sicne he inherited a bunch of players that he didn't really know personally, he just kind of accepted it and stuck with them until he figured out what kind of player they were. I am pretty sure that he has a much better idea now than he did 5 months ago about who is staying and who is going.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and take a wait and see stance.

zone
11-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Drafting a QB in the first round next year is not the answer especially behind this O line. A offensive game depends on having a O-line that can block and give a players time to execute the plays they need to. This is the first step into setting up any play, period, if you can’t get past the first step how do you accomplish steps 2-5. Everyone thought we should have drafted Leinart, here are his stats compared to JP’s.

# 7 Matt Leinart

Year G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2006 6 5 191 99 51.8 1115 5.84 58 5 7 14/108 11 3 63.1

# 7 J.P. Losman

2006 9 9 224 138 61.6 1498 6.69 56 7 6 30/243 19 4 80.5

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Drafting a QB in the first round next year is not the answer especially behind this O line. A offensive game depends on having a O-line that can block and give a players time to execute the plays they need to. This is the first step into setting up any play, period, if you can’t get past the first step how do you accomplish steps 2-5. Everyone thought we should have drafted Leinart, here are his stats compared to JP’s.

# 7 Matt Leinart

2006 6 5 191 99 51.8 1115 5.84 58 5 7 14/108 11 3 63.1

# 7 J.P. Losman

2006 9 9 224 138 61.6 1498 6.69 56 7 6 30/243 19 4 80.5

Leinart is a rookie.

Why don't you campare Losman to the QBs taken in the first round in the same year the Bills sh** the bed by taking your boy JP ?

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 10:09 PM
:laughing:

Cutler = No NFL snaps when we already have a 1st round QB.

Maroney = Drafting a player for a position that is at minimum average on a team that is pretty below average.

Turn off the Madden 07 and lay down the gamepad.

You have a 1st round QB that can't play.

They don't put bonus points on the scoreboard because he was drafted in the 1st round.

Culter will eclipse Losman with 6 starts or less

BidsJr
11-15-2006, 10:56 PM
You have a 1st round QB that can't play.

They don't put bonus points on the scoreboard because he was drafted in the 1st round.

Culter will eclipse Losman with 6 starts or less

Don't you mean we? If you're not a fan then leave and find another board to troll on.

Cutler? Sorry bud prophecy ended and the close of the first century. You can't be any more sure of Cutler than Payahoe was about Losman.

And, lay down the gamepad.

GFLuNEEDit
11-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Don't you mean we? If you're not a fan then leave and find another board to troll on.

Cutler? Sorry bud prophecy ended and the close of the first century. You can't be any more sure of Cutler than Payahoe was about Losman.

And, lay down the gamepad.

You leave.

If you are singing the Losman song , leave.

BidsJr
11-15-2006, 10:59 PM
You leave.

No you leave.

BidsJr
11-15-2006, 10:59 PM
You leave.

Wa....wa.....wa...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The_Philster
11-16-2006, 04:23 AM
You leave.

BidsJr is a Bills fan on a Bills board..HELLO!!

GFLuNEEDit
11-16-2006, 04:38 AM
BidsJr is a Bills fan on a Bills board..HELLO!!
?

BidsJr
09-18-2007, 08:53 AM

Just wanted to update this post that was right on the money.

I was correct about Marv and Dick fixing the line in the offseason, and I am no longer concerned about it. (Plenty of talent and McNally should be on a short string.) Dick was quick to point out that the line was not the problem after teh Pitt debacle.

At this point last season I never saw McGahee leaving and being replaced with a stud RB in Lynch. (What an underated move that was)

Also never saw also getting a potential stud MLB in Poz. (He looks special)

Now concerning JP, I have always been a supporter and also always given him the benifit of the doubt. But I think he is 1 start away from having his fate decided with this football team.

If I was Fairchild, I would turn him loose this week and let him fall on his face against the Patriots defense and then stick him on the bench. That would teach him for spouting off his mouth at the coaching staff.

You can bet your tail that Marv and Dick will be seeing Trent Edwards on the field this year to see if he can take over this team in 08. They have to find out if they need to use a first round pick on a QB, or can finish cleaning up Donohoe's mess.

BTW I bet both Brady and Manning could win a super bowl with our recieving corps.

To sum this up I still billieve in Marv and Dick as they have moved this franchise forward with young talent. They have built this team from the trenches outward and I am encouraged with their progress.

We will see Edwards sooner rather than later.

Mitchy moo
09-18-2007, 09:35 AM
We have to know if Edwards can handle the NFL level this season, Jp cannot.

BidsJr
09-18-2007, 11:36 AM
We have to know if Edwards can handle the NFL level this season, Jp cannot.

Unfortunately it seems to be just a matter of time.

Wys Guy
09-18-2007, 12:17 PM
No TDs and 3 points, an offensive average of 1.5 per game.

Impressive!

Phoenix here we come!

WOOOHOOOOO.............!!!!

;)

BidsJr
09-18-2007, 12:44 PM
No TDs and 3 points, an offensive average of 1.5 per game.

Impressive!

Phoenix here we come!

WOOOHOOOOO.............!!!!

;)

That was last season. As you can see I am hardly defending him right now.

Wys Guy
09-18-2007, 05:31 PM
;)

henrybacker
09-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Marv will show us the way. He upgraded the D last offseason.

-This is one of the worst D's in the NFL. NE will hang 7's on them in the redzone rather than Pitt and Den choking. That was the case, not the bill's D "bearing down"

BidsJr
09-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Marv will show us the way. He upgraded the D last offseason.

-This is one of the worst D's in the NFL. NE will hang 7's on them in the redzone rather than Pitt and Den choking. That was the case, not the bill's D "bearing down"

:wtf:

mybills
09-19-2007, 07:27 AM
I was correct about Marv and Dick fixing the line in the offseason
None of us needed a crystal ball for that. :chuckle: