X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Dick and Marv Have a Plan

I just like a lot of others were steaming after the loss last week. I was just about to toss in the towel and concede the season and the next few, while I jump on board the we need a new QB bandwagon. Matter of fact I told my wife that I was convinced that JP was so horrible in the red zone, that was the reason for the lack of trust inside the 20's against the Colts.

After looking up JP's red zone stats I had to rethink some things and come back from the edge of the cliff.

So far this season he has performed better in the red-zone than any other area on the field. 108 Rating, 4td's, no picks, 2 sacks in ONLY 15 attempts.

If I remember correctly during the game they said we had 20 redzone opportunities for the year and JP only has 15 attempts.

Now from here we can look at this two different ways. The bashers will say that the coaches don't trust him and he is a bust. I myself had this creep in after the game.

After taking a couple days to cool off and think about this I have decided, with more conviction than ever, that this is and will be the plan for the rest of the year.

Dick knows darn well that considering how infrequently we have been getting into the redzone we better make the most of it. He also knows that our o-line is a mess right now and he can't afford to take to many chances. So we pound the ball, take maybe one shot at the endzone, and get what we can get.

If Dick thought that a different QB would have gotten him different results, that would have been the move at the by week instead of changing around most of the O-Line.

I also believe that in the offseason that same line of thinking will keep JP here and make it a SUPER o-line heavy FA and draft for us.

Our o-line will not be the same next year.

For those of you who want a new QB with a high draft pick next year; he will suck too behind this line.

We barely sniffed Manning this week let alone sack him, and he was getting as much time for dump offs as JP is getting for bombs. (He also has 3 quality TE's and a recieving back)

For those of you who want JP to drop back and chuck it 35 times a game; you guys are out of whack as well. He will get killed for one, still not have anymore time secondly, and thirdly the #'s will be worse firing up the hate even more.

As for no-huddle call his own plays ICE;

At the end of the year we need a healthy QB who isn't emotionally destroyed like last year. We go heavy in the draft on the o-line, and if he still sucks at least in 08 we have a line that a QB can play behind........ Whoever that may be.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Dick and Marv Have a Plan

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Marv will show us the way. He upgraded the D last offseason. This one he focuses on the O. We are in good hands!

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        Marv will show us the way. He upgraded the D last offseason. This one he focuses on the O. We are in good hands!
        Not to get off topic but I soley blame you for the loss to the Colts last week.

I didn't see a prediction thread.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I predicted we would get killed.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
            I just like a lot of others were steaming after the loss last week. I was just about to toss in the towel and concede the season and the next few, while I jump on board the we need a new QB bandwagon. Matter of fact I told my wife that I was convinced that JP was so horrible in the red zone, that was the reason for the lack of trust inside the 20's against the Colts.

After looking up JP's red zone stats I had to rethink some things and come back from the edge of the cliff.

So far this season he has performed better in the red-zone than any other area on the field. 108 Rating, 4td's, no picks, 2 sacks in ONLY 15 attempts.

If I remember correctly during the game they said we had 20 redzone opportunities for the year and JP only has 15 attempts.

Now from here we can look at this two different ways. The bashers will say that the coaches don't trust him and he is a bust. I myself had this creep in after the game.

After taking a couple days to cool off and think about this I have decided, with more conviction than ever, that this is and will be the plan for the rest of the year.

Dick knows darn well that considering how infrequently we have been getting into the redzone we better make the most of it. He also knows that our o-line is a mess right now and he can't afford to take to many chances. So we pound the ball, take maybe one shot at the endzone, and get what we can get.

If Dick thought that a different QB would have gotten him different results, that would have been the move at the by week instead of changing around most of the O-Line.

I also believe that in the offseason that same line of thinking will keep JP here and make it a SUPER o-line heavy FA and draft for us.

Our o-line will not be the same next year.

For those of you who want a new QB with a high draft pick next year; he will suck too behind this line.

We barely sniffed Manning this week let alone sack him, and he was getting as much time for dump offs as JP is getting for bombs. (He also has 3 quality TE's and a recieving back)

For those of you who want JP to drop back and chuck it 35 times a game; you guys are out of whack as well. He will get killed for one, still not have anymore time secondly, and thirdly the #'s will be worse firing up the hate even more.

As for no-huddle call his own plays ICE;

At the end of the year we need a healthy QB who isn't emotionally destroyed like last year. We go heavy in the draft on the o-line, and if he still sucks at least in 08 we have a line that a QB can play behind........ Whoever that may be.
            It makes sense because I dont see us fixing both in THIS offseason and JP may turn out to be fine if the line gives him enough time.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
              Senior Zoner
              • Oct 2006

No reason why they cannot draft a QB in the 1st round.

What makes you think they only have one pick ?

There's more rounds then the 1st to find offensive linemen, plus there is free agency.

When was the last time you have seen an offensive lineman that should be taken that high ?

If they take an offensive lineman that high they will waste another chance to get an impact player just like they did in this draft.

Here is a comparison Whitner & McCargo or Cutler & Maroney !
              They could have solved their 2 biggest needs in one draft but they sh** the bed.

Marv sh** the bed again by bringing in these marginal free agents in the offseason for the offensive line.

They would have been far better off with one quality free agent . I recall Levy saying something to the effect that they believe in depth first. What kind of logic is that, when you create a team deep with players that suck ?

And now they are stuck with the salaries and not one of these players can help the team.

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                Senior Zoner
                • Oct 2006

Buffalo has two pro sport teams.

One can't seem to do anything wrong in terms of scouting and player moves, and the other can't seem to do anything, and I do mean zero , right.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GFLuNEEDit

One can't seem to do anything wrong in terms of scouting and player moves, and the other can't seem to do anything, and I do mean zero , right.
                  4, not 2
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Who do we blame then, the owners or the staff?

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      4, not 2
                      All the bisons ever were was a scam to get taxpayers to build a major league stadium for a minor league team.

Bob Rich has a venue to generate a big profit at taxpayer expense, fielding a AAA team.

What a joke.

And what is supposedly the 4th pro team ?

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                        Senior Zoner
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Skooby
                        Who do we blame then, the owners or the staff?
                        Wilson is partially to blame to the extent that he doesn't pull the trigger fast enough on getting rid of losers.

He let that Donahoe wreck go on way too long.

I hope he doesn't make the same mistake with this Losman abortion.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

All the bisons ever were was a scam to get taxpayers to build a major league stadium for a minor league team.

Bob Rich has a venue to generate a big profit at taxpayer expense, fielding a AAA team.

What a joke.

And what is supposedly the 4th pro team ?
                          no supposedly about it....if you had said 2 major league pro sports teams, you'd be correct...but there are 4 professional sports teams in Buffalo...so you were wrong
                          Bills
                          Sabres
                          Bisons
                          Bandits

all getting paid to play their sport...hence..professional teams
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jp-era
                            It makes sense because I dont see us fixing both in THIS offseason and JP may turn out to be fine if the line gives him enough time.
                            Losman may turn out to be fine ?

We must be watching two different QBs that go by the name of Losman.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Losman may turn out to be fine ?

We must be watching two different QBs that go by the name of Losman.
                              some of us don't have a personal grudge that prevents us from seeing things unbiased

Comment

Working...
                              X