PDA

View Full Version : So what’s the game plan in Houston?

Patrick76777
11-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Do we take the handcuffs off in order to help the development of JP and watch the tard turn the ball over 4 times. 12-32 for 145 yards 1 TD, 3 picks and a fumble.

Or

Do we keep the handcuffs on him, hope the defense doesn’t get sick of the terrible QB play and makes enough plays to keep the game close. 9-14 for 75 yards 0 TD’s and 0 picks.

Anyway I’m ready to watch the Mario Williams coming out party. I’m thinking 3 sacks and a forced fumble as brain dead stands back there holding on to the ball way too long.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 02:37 PM
JP 323 yards passing 4 tds 2 ints

57 yards rushing(38 yard run for TD)

Novacane
11-14-2006, 02:38 PM
After he gets a shot at our line the Houston fans will be thinking they made the right choice taking Williams over Bush ;)

LtBillsFan66
11-14-2006, 02:42 PM
I hope our defense can keep up the their point scoring production. And I also hope our special teams can put us in field goal range again.

I say our D scores another 7.
And our special teams puts us in position to score 3 fgs, but Lindell misses one again.

Bills 13
Texans 6

Patrick76777
11-14-2006, 02:42 PM
JP 323 yards passing 4 tds 2 ints

57 yards rushing(38 yard run for TD)

Although I phrased it as a slam, it's a legit question.

Handcuffs (At NE, At Miami, GB and At Indy)

or

No Handcuffs (NYJ, Minny, NE, At Det, at Chicago)

For me, we've got a better chance to win if JP doesn't drop back to pass. But if he does pass, it'll show how bad he really is. So I'm not sure.

Patrick76777
11-14-2006, 02:43 PM
I hope our defense can keep up the their point scoring production. And I also hope our special teams can put us in field goal range again.

I say our D scores another 7.
And our special teams puts us in position to score 3 fgs, but Lindell misses one again.

Bills 13
Texans 6

LMAO! Losman will lead us to a win I see.

LtBillsFan66
11-14-2006, 02:43 PM
LMAO! Losman will lead us to a win I see.
:rofl:

Yeah, since Losman won't make any mistakes, he'll lead us to victory!

Patrick76777
11-14-2006, 02:45 PM
:rofl:

Yeah, since Losman won't make any mistakes, he'll lead us to victory!

Well he did lead us to that 1 point loss in Indy!

God, that one still gets me.

LtBillsFan66
11-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Well he did lead us to that 1 point loss in Indy!

God, that one still gets me.
Give the Kid a break. He hasn't had a full season under his belt.

PECKERWOOD
Dont expect anything to change. From what Jauron said, the coaching staff has no faith in the OL ( as none of us have either..) and the best way to protect the ball, and QB. Is by running the football. I personally expect another game with very few attempts by Losman.

THATHURMANATOR
Although I phrased it as a slam, it's a legit question.

Handcuffs (At NE, At Miami, GB and At Indy)

or

No Handcuffs (NYJ, Minny, NE, At Det, at Chicago)

For me, we've got a better chance to win if JP doesn't drop back to pass. But if he does pass, it'll show how bad he really is. So I'm not sure.
No handcuffs obviously. How will he put up those stats with cuffs on kid?

LtBillsFan66
11-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I hope he suffers a career ending injury.

LtBillsFan66
11-14-2006, 02:49 PM
:jk:

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 02:50 PM
they are finally going to let him roll out Jauron said. He will have a HUMUNGOUS game boys!

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Dont expect anything to change. From what Jauron said, the coaching staff has no faith in the OL ( as none of us have either..) and the best way to protect the ball, and QB. Is by running the football. I personally expect another game with very few attempts by Losman.
They have to take the cuffs off...or at least loosen them. He has to at least try to do something...and why not against the Texans?

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 02:56 PM
The gameplan is for our cb's to wear a visor in case one of their WR spits on them.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 02:56 PM
They have to take the cuffs off...or at least loosen them. He has to at least try to do something...and why not against the Texans?

I thought the same thing you just typed, but then I thought about it a little more.. And I realized something. If JP is going to get met in the backfield by defenders when he hits 5 steps, there is honestly no point in passing that often. You know your OL is horrible, when defenses are getting to your QB easily without even blitzing or bringing extra men. Until we can get this fixed, I expect our gameplans to be similar to the last few games.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I thought the same thing you just typed, but then I thought about it a little more.. And I realized something. If JP is going to get met in the backfield by defenders when he hits 5 steps, there is honestly no point in passing that often. You know your OL is horrible, when defenses are getting to your QB easily without even blitzing or bringing extra men. Until we can get this fixed, I expect our gameplans to be similar to the last few games.
There's a way of taking care of that...3-step drops most of the time...had a few of those on Sunday and it worked great...do it enough times, the defense won't rush as hard...then a 5 or 7 step drop once in a while to make a big play

raphael120
11-14-2006, 03:00 PM
i think we need to invent a shot-gun formation where the QB is 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage, maybe that can give JP more than 3 seconds to throw the ball.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 03:01 PM
i think we need to invent a shot-gun formation where the QB is 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage, maybe that can give JP more than 3 seconds to throw the ball.
:laughter: We'd have to line up Schenck at C...

Patrick76777
11-14-2006, 03:02 PM

The O Line is not that bad!

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Pat while I agree that JP is looking more and more to me like a bust the line IS that bad.

OpIv37
11-14-2006, 03:06 PM

sorry but you're flat out wrong on this. Our OL is decent at run blocking but absolutely terrible at pass blocking. There have been times this season when JP held the ball too long and that makes the line look worse, but against Indy on at least three of the sacks he never had a chance.

Patrick76777
11-14-2006, 03:08 PM
sorry but you're flat out wrong on this. Our OL is decent at run blocking but absolutely terrible at pass blocking. There have been times this season when JP held the ball too long and that makes the line look worse, but against Indy on at least three of the sacks he never had a chance.

I didn't say they were good! But the QB is making them look terrible when they're probalby just bad!

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I didn't say they were good! But the QB is making them look terrible when they're probalby just bad!
We have possibly 1 guy that could start on any other team, and he has just started a new position. It is HORRENDOUS.

OpIv37
11-14-2006, 03:16 PM

I think they're both pretty bad and they're making each other look worse.

Patrick76777
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
We have possibly 1 guy that could start on any other team, and he has just started a new position. It is HORRENDOUS.

Disagree 100%

Bad - Yes
Great excuse for JP's terrible play - Yes

Horrendous - Not a chance.

Another QB makes them better over night.

Patrick76777
11-14-2006, 03:19 PM
I think they're both pretty bad and they're making each other look worse.

This I can live with!

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Disagree 100%

Bad - Yes
Great excuse for JP's terrible play - Yes

Horrendous - Not a chance.

Another QB makes them better over night.
Horrendous.

Sure a great QB could make them serviceable.

Just look at each player on the line.

Peters(good RT, looks ok so far at LT)
Gandy(Stinks)
Fowler(constantly blown off the ball)
Villereal(POOP)
Pennington(Who?)

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 03:31 PM
sorry but you're flat out wrong on this. Our OL is decent at run blocking but absolutely terrible at pass blocking. .That's Patricks attempt to blame it all on JP by saying the OL is not that bad. Funny!

Even Stevie Wonder can see that our OL stinks.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 03:33 PM
There is no doubt that JP hasn't helped but the line is the worst we have had since I have been a fan.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Our OL is THAT BAD!! Our left side is very adept. HOWEVER, the right side is drawing huge flags. Pennington SUCKS, I'm not sure if he could start for a high ranked college team, let alone a professional team. Villarial SUCKS also, not as bad as Pennington, but he misses blocks frequently also.

What you need to understand about OL's, is that if one side isnt doing their job, defenses will jump on that and your QB wont stand a chance.. Its one of those units where they all need to be doing their jobs, if things are going run smoothly.