PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Nall Ball Situation...

raphael120
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
JP gets benched (would have no idea WHY he would POSSIBLY get benched /sarcasm).

Nall comes out, also an inexperienced gametime QB.
Plays behind the same piece of **** O-line.
And he does BETTER than JP.

I think it's safe to say then, it IS JP and not just the O-line, but put the right person behind that line, and you can get more production out of that line. Look at Dallas...I'm telling you...we need to see if it's just JP or if it really is the line, or both. See how Romo comes out and produces his PANTS OFF behind that line....If Nall comes in and sucks royally too, then I think you answer a lot of questions. 1)both of ur QB's suck ass, and 2)the Oline is disgusting and we need to focus on that majorly. (which we already know). but im just sayin...if this season is just an experiment, lets experiment with the fact that maybe JP just doesnt have what it takes, and if Nall is the one we should go with. or if we should just clean house...just somethin to think about...

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 03:13 PM
How could we not admit it was JPs fault?

Nalls wife was in the paper. HOT STUFF.

raphael120
11-14-2006, 03:20 PM
bet she can play nall ball well. ahaha

Saratoga Slim
11-14-2006, 03:24 PM
I think I just read that JP got sacked on 4 of 17 pass attempts this weekend. That suggests to me that pass protection is a fairly large problem on this team. I guess I agree with you in theory (that if Nall came in and played better than JP has, that might ndicate JP's the culprit for our crappy offense).

Here's the problem: Nall is LESS mobile than JP by all accounts. Dallas put in a MORE mobile QB when Drew was taking a ton of sacks. Thus, I don't see Nall having any more success than JP at getting rid of the ball in time.

Devin
11-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Ultimatley thats probably a decent litmus test.

Throw Holcomb or Nall behind this pathetic line and see what happens.

Of course it also doesnt change how bad the line is.

raphael120
11-14-2006, 03:30 PM
thats true...but apparently the coaching staff is not letting JP use his legs...which is ******ed if you ask me...i know you're trying to develop the kid, but damn, give him a line that gives him enough time to turn his damn head around after he drops back to LOOK at the defence before he get's slammed into the ground. even when JP completed those passes, he was STILL on his ass whenever the camera went back to him....it's just rediculous...i really believe it is only the line this past Indy game...i did not once say to myself DAMMIT JP YOU HELD IT TOO LONG...but i did say that a lot at the GB and Lions game....but it wasj ust horrid what i saw, oline play wise on sunday

justasportsfan
11-14-2006, 03:34 PM
JP gets benched (would have no idea WHY he would POSSIBLY get benched /sarcasm).

Nall comes out, also an inexperienced gametime QB.
Plays behind the same piece of **** O-line.
And he does BETTER than JP.

I think it's safe to say then, it IS JP and not just the O-line, but put the right person behind that line, and you can get more production out of that line. Look at Dallas...I'm telling you...we need to see if it's just JP or if it really is the line, or both. See how Romo comes out and produces his PANTS OFF behind that line....If Nall comes in and sucks royally too, then I think you answer a lot of questions. 1)both of ur QB's suck ass, and 2)the Oline is disgusting and we need to focus on that majorly. (which we already know). but im just sayin...if this season is just an experiment, lets experiment with the fact that maybe JP just doesnt have what it takes, and if Nall is the one we should go with. or if we should just clean house...just somethin to think about...

Nall hasn't even been able to take KH's spot as the 2nd string qb.

Iehoshua
11-14-2006, 04:04 PM
If they're going to bench JP, I would much rather play Nall than Holcomb.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Ultimatley thats probably a decent litmus test.

Throw Holcomb or Nall behind this pathetic line and see what happens.

Of course it also doesnt change how bad the line is.

Then the bashers would say: "Nall or Holcomb needs more time! He isnt fully accustomed to the starting lineup!!" Really, it would just flip flop. The bashers would become the supporters, and the supporters would then become bashers. :idunno:

Romes
11-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Craig Nall = Travis Brown

Inetpub
11-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Im all for putting another QB in there. But Nall isnt the answer. Putting another rookie in there is starting from square 1. He hasnt even beaten Kelly as #2. I would nt consider Nall. A Descent FA ya. Nall, no.

Kerr
11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
**** nall.

YardRat
11-14-2006, 07:02 PM
It wouldn't change anything. Holcomb outplayed Losman last year and they played behind the same line. There will still be 'reasons' (read: excuses) that some will dig up to dispute the results.