PDA

View Full Version : If Buffalo had QB play that brought ANYTHING to the table...

Thurmal
11-14-2006, 03:15 PM
The first Pats game, the Jets game, the Lions game, and the Colts game were all lost because either:

A) Losman made a ton of backbreaking mistakes, or

B) The coaching staff was so worried he would screw up, that they didn't let him attempt any meaningful passes.

Losman's performance stems from several problems:

1. He thinks entirely too much. It seems he aims his passes and almost psyches himself out. His best throws this year were when the pocket broke down, and he had to throw on the run with no time to contemplate the pass.

2. The offensive line is terrible.

3. The coaching staff doesn't seem to call plays to his strengths. Let Losman roll out; let him run the ball. I'm convinced that he will never be a good pocket passer.

Mudflap1
11-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Look, I'm not defending Losman's play, but this team would not be 6-3 or 7-2 under ANY circumstances right now...

Jon

OpIv37
11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm with Mudflap on this one- no QB would do that much better than Losman behind our line. And early in the season our D got lit up several times too.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2006, 03:24 PM
With a good QB...this team would easily be in first place in the AFC East....that's the most annoying part of this season.

We had plenty of winnable games so far and games we stayed close in, no thanks to our offensive production. The first NE game, Jets game and last week vs the Colts.

If you honestly believe that if we didn't have competent QB we'd be a contender then you're blind. Notice I didn't say great, I only said competent. We don't even that right now.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 03:25 PM
The first Pats game, the Jets game, the Lions game, and the Colts game were all lost because either:

B) The coaching staff was so worried he would screw up, that they didn't let him attempt any meaningful passes.

1. He thinks entirely too much. It seems he aims his passes and almost psyches himself out. His best throws this year were when the pocket broke down, and he had to throw on the run with no time to contemplate the pass.

3. The coaching staff doesn't seem to call plays to his strengths. Let Losman roll out; let him run the ball. I'm convinced that he will never be a good pocket passer.

You cant call roll out plays constantly.. Especially against teams like Green Bay and Indianopolis. KGB, Kampman, Mathis and Freeney make their livings off speed and containing the QB in the pocket.. It honestly depends on who you are playing, if bootlegs will be effective.

I dont think our OL is that far away from becoming a good one. RG and RT are the weakest spots. But Peters, Gandy and Fowler are all good linemen. We however will have another hole at LG if we dont resign Gandy. (FA after this year is up..)

True. Losman has made some boneheaded mistakes, however some of his fumbles should be credited to his OL too. ( as I see you have done..) With all this said, Losman has made some very big plays earlier in the year. I saw much progress against NE, Miami, and Minnesota the first time around..

Patrick76777
11-14-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm with Mudflap on this one- no QB would do that much better than Losman behind our line. And early in the season our D got lit up several times too.

The diff between good and bad in the NFL is so small!

Look at it this way, We've lost 3 games by 3 points or less. So a few field goals or a few bounces and we could easily be 6-3 and tied for first place. At the same time, we won close games and we could be 0-9.

Sure the league has a few great teams, but there's not much diff. between the rest of them.

Jimbuktu
11-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh my god, the Bills suck ... get over it!

Didn't we know coming into this season that it was meant for rebuilding?

Typ0
11-14-2006, 03:56 PM
rebuilding is crap. You don't rebuild. You build. The poster is right, a different QB in this situation, maybe even KH could very well be challenging for a playoff spot right now. As a matter of fact, I'd go so far to say that KH probably would be challenging for a playoff spot right now. It's nice to take that step...but are we really ready to go anywhere right now? No we aren't. Pretty soon we're going to know if we should shed JP Lossman or not.

THATHURMANATOR
11-14-2006, 04:17 PM
With a good QB...this team would easily be in first place in the AFC East....that's the most annoying part of this season.

We had plenty of winnable games so far and games we stayed close in, no thanks to our offensive production. The first NE game, Jets game and last week vs the Colts.

If you honestly believe that if we didn't have competent QB we'd be a contender then you're blind. Notice I didn't say great, I only said competent. We don't even that right now.
I don't agree with this at all. Not saying we coudn't be but with the easily part like QB was the only part of our team performing badly...

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Once we fix the OL, and JP starts to get more experience under his belt. I believe we do have a winning team, and we would contend for first place in the AFC East. OL and QB are that important. I think Losman is the quickest way of doing this.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 04:36 PM
rebuilding is crap. You don't rebuild. You build. The poster is right, a different QB in this situation, maybe even KH could very well be challenging for a playoff spot right now. As a matter of fact, I'd go so far to say that KH probably would be challenging for a playoff spot right now. It's nice to take that step...but are we really ready to go anywhere right now? No we aren't. Pretty soon we're going to know if we should shed JP Lossman or not.
Holcomb? :roflmao: JP was outplaying him at the end of the year last year as it is.....and Holcomb clearly regressed

Mr. Pink
11-14-2006, 04:40 PM
I don't agree with this at all. Not saying we coudn't be but with the easily part like QB was the only part of our team performing badly...

Thurm the point is this, our o-line is slightly below average....plenty of QBs in this league play with a below average to average line and can still succeed. Phillip Rivers plays behind a line with no all-pros....Baltimores' o-line outside of Ogden is junk....New England, year after year, just plugs different guys into their o-line....The Bears have an o-line filled off nobodies.

With a competent QB, one that say could pass for 150 yards a game, maybe take a little pressure of our running game, freeing up the box for Willis and now the A-train, we'd easily turn a few of this close losses into wins.

With 3 more wins, 1 of them being over NE, we're 6-3 and in first place right now. I'm sick of hearing we're rebuilding, we're rebuilding. It's an excuse bad teams make. Arizona has been rebuilding for 50 years, Clevelands been rebuilding since they got back in the league, Oaklands' rebuilding blah blah blah. None of the teams I've listed are rebuilding, they just suck.

We're a competent QB away from being a legitimate contender in this parity stricken NFL. Bottom line.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 04:43 PM
With a competent QB, one that say could pass for 150 yards a game, maybe take a little pressure of our running game, freeing up the box for Willis and now the A-train, we'd easily turn a few of this close losses into wins.
If the gameplan and playcalling doesn't call for them to pass the ball....it wouldn't matter who was playing QB...how hard is that to understand? seriously?

Mr. Pink
11-14-2006, 04:54 PM
If the gameplan and playcalling doesn't call for them to pass the ball....it wouldn't matter who was playing QB...how hard is that to understand? seriously?

2 games out of his 17 starts he's been "handcuffed" as you want to call it to a low amount of attempts. Point is even in those low attempts, he can still make plays from time to time and pick up chunks of yardage.

And it would matter, because if there was a better QB...you wouldn't have this type of playcalling. If there was trust in the QB they wouldn't gameplan to not have him beat yourself. And so on.

We're not relegated to watching a team that doesn't gameplan to win games, but gameplans not to lose them. Before the opening kickoff, we're playing not to lose. If you've watched football long enough, you know what happens when you play not to lose 9 times out of 10.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Thurm the point is this, our o-line is slightly below average....plenty of QBs in this league play with a below average to average line and can still succeed. Phillip Rivers plays behind a line with no all-pros....Baltimores' o-line outside of Ogden is junk....New England, year after year, just plugs different guys into their o-line....The Bears have an o-line filled off nobodies.

With 3 more wins, 1 of them being over NE, we're 6-3 and in first place right now. I'm sick of hearing we're rebuilding, we're rebuilding. It's an excuse bad teams make. Arizona has been rebuilding for 50 years, Clevelands been rebuilding since they got back in the league, Oaklands' rebuilding blah blah blah. None of the teams I've listed are rebuilding, they just suck.

We're a competent QB away from being a legitimate contender in this parity stricken NFL. Bottom line.

It isnt slightly below average, it sucks. On a scale from 1-10 how would you rank each player? 10 being the best, 5 being average and 1 being the worst. ( A talent around 10, would be like an Orlando Pace or Walter Jones type of player.. )

Peters - 7
Gandy - 5
Fowler - 5
Villarial - 4
Pennington - 3

Thats what I came up with.. Our left side of the line is slightly above average, but the right side is severly lacking.. I would honestly rather have a line where everybody is average, versus a line that is only strong on one side..

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 05:11 PM

These people try to hide from the fact that Losman sucks as much as the offensive line.

They want to drive the point that the line sucks.

So then the question is .....And ? And who else sucks ?

It's like one of those relationship questions on an aptitude test.

If the line sucks and the QB sucks does this mean...
A. The offensive line sucks and the QB sucks
B. The offensive line sucks and the QB is competent

For what I see the answer is clearly A

Saratoga Slim
11-14-2006, 05:11 PM

If we had a competent QB we WOULD be a contender. No doubt. the bigger question is what is keeping JP from being competent? His ability/experience, the offensive line, questionable receiving corps, or the scheme that only has him throwing 15 passes a game? I am not proposing an answer, but I will say that I doubt there's a young QB in the league that could be "competent" under the circumstances he's facing.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 05:13 PM
To those people that think only the QB is holding us back, you dont have a clue.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 05:13 PM
If we had a competent QB we WOULD be a contender. No doubt. the bigger question is what is keeping JP from being competent? His ability/experience, the offensive line, questionable receiving corps, or the scheme that only has him throwing 15 passes a game? .Right now, I'd say it's all of the above

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 05:15 PM
These people try to hide from the fact that Losman sucks as much as the offensive line.

They want to drive the point that the line sucks.

So then the question is .....And ? And who else sucks ?

It's like one of those relationship questions on an aptitude test.

EXACTLY.. Thats what I have been trying to say. NOBODY KNOWS THAT UNTIL WE UPGRADE OUR OL AND WR's!

Mr. Pink
11-14-2006, 05:18 PM
It isnt slightly below average, it sucks. On a scale from 1-10 how would you rank each player? 10 being the best, 5 being average and 1 being the worst. ( A talent around 10, would be like an Orlando Pace or Walter Jones type of player.. )

Peters - 7
Gandy - 5
Fowler - 5
Villarial - 4
Pennington - 3

Thats what I came up with.. Our left side of the line is slightly above average, but the right side is severly lacking.. I would honestly rather have a line where everybody is average, versus a line that is only strong on one side..

I'll stick with your ratings of each player.....7+5+5+4+3=24 5 guys on the o-line 24/5 = 4.8

5 would be average....so even in your assessment of each player, we're on average a 4.8. Or just below average. Thanks for making my point Fever :)

Mr. Pink
11-14-2006, 05:22 PM
If we had a competent QB we WOULD be a contender. No doubt. the bigger question is what is keeping JP from being competent? His ability/experience, the offensive line, questionable receiving corps, or the scheme that only has him throwing 15 passes a game? I am not proposing an answer, but I will say that I doubt there's a young QB in the league that could be "competent" under the circumstances he's facing.

You leave out that he can't process what's in front of him, has an awkward release-nobody touches on this one ever-which causes his long passes to sail and his short passes to dive bomb the ground, the fact that our own coaching staff now schemes to not lose games because they have ZERO confidence in him, he locks on to one wr so it doesn't matter who we have out there anyways.

Did I cover everything there?

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 05:24 PM
EXACTLY.. Thats what I have been trying to say. NOBODY KNOWS THAT UNTIL WE UPGRADE OUR OL AND WR's!

As I said the answer is clearly A

The offensive line sucks and the QB blows

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 05:30 PM
I'll stick with your ratings of each player.....7+5+5+4+3=24 5 guys on the o-line 24/5 = 4.8

5 would be average....so even in your assessment of each player, we're on average a 4.8. Or just below average. Thanks for making my point Fever :)

Yup, I did the math afterwards. You failed to read my text though. I said that a strong OL on one side, is much worst than an OL that is average all over. So I knocked off points for that.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 05:33 PM
As I said the answer is clearly A

The offensive line sucks and the QB blows

Dude, your logic is flawed. You asked a good question before, but since your biased you cant see passed it.. The truth is, we dont know whether or not JP is competent. This argument is against both bashers and blind supporters alike. You cannot tell, until we get an OL infront of him and WR's to catch the football. JP's value is undetermined.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Dude, your logic is flawed. You asked a good question before, but since your biased you cant see passed it.. The truth is, we dont know whether or not JP is competent. This argument is against both bashers and blind supporters alike. You cannot tell, until we get an OL infront of him and WR's to catch the football. JP's value is undetermined.

You are saying that if we had a good QB back there you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

The operative word is you.

I am saying that I have watched enough football to distinguish between a good QB behind a junk line and a junk QB behind a junk line.

I did not suggest that you could tell the difference.

I'm 100% certain that I can.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 05:49 PM
You are saying that if we had a good QB back there you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

The operative word is you.

I am saying that I have watched enough football to distinguish between a good QB behind a junk line and a junk QB behind a junk line.

Hm, where should I dissect this post?

Ok, lets start here! :)

You made my point. Thats a biased statement, and you did not even realize it. How do you know JP isnt a good QB? You cant tell yet, he doesnt have a supporting cast. So in conclusion, how do you know there isnt a good QB already back there. Perhaps we have one, but he is being held down by a poor OL? Can't tell for certain.

I'm 100% certain that you cant. This isnt a personal attack on you, but you have no clue what you are talking about. Unless you are a fortune teller, you cant tell me if JP is a good, or bad QB on this current team. Unless you can judge a QB's ability without seeing him pass the ball, seeing as how JP oftenly gets sacked before he has a chance to set up.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Hm, where should I dissect this post?

Ok, lets start here! :)

You made my point. Thats a biased statement, and you did not even realize it. How do you know JP isnt a good QB? You cant tell yet, he doesnt have a supporting cast. So in conclusion, how do you know there isnt a good QB already back there. Perhaps we have one, but he is being held down by a poor OL? Can't tell for certain.

I'm 100% certain that you cant. This isnt a personal attack on you, but you have no clue what you are talking about. Unless you are a fortune teller, you cant tell me if JP is a good, or bad with this current team. Unless you can judge a QB's ability without seeing him pass the ball, seeing as how JP oftenly gets sacked before he has a chance to set up.

It hinged on my observational skills.

I don't sit there saying I'm not seeing what I'm seeing, like someone who is enamoured with a player does.

I clearly have the ability to make this distinction that some other aren't capable of.

For those that admit that they don't know how to make that distinction , they also don't have anyway of knowing how someone that can , goes about doing so.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 06:00 PM
It hinged on my observational skills.

I don't sit there saying I'm not seeing what I'm seeing, like someone who is enamoured with a player does.

I clearly have the ability to make this distinction that some other aren't capable of.

For those that admit that they don't know how to make that distinction , they also don't have anyway of knowing how someone that can , goes about doing so.

Your missing my point, and your judgements on my stance are erroneous. I am not advocating that JP is a good quarterback. What I am trying to say is, those who are saying he is a bust or he is our future QB here, are both WRONG and jumping to conclusions. There are two sides to a story, and somewhere in the middle lies the truth. And to be honest, whether JP can be a good QB is undetermined.

For all to see, my stance on JP is not to harsh or too loving. I would simply like to upgrade the supporting cast around him, to see if he could succeed then. Only then can we determine if he is our guy.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 06:01 PM

Again this is simple...

You don't know how to distinguish between a good QB on a bad team and a Junk QB on a bad team.

I do.

Your inability to fathom those skills of observation doesn't change to fact that I can most certainly make the distinction.

ublinkwescore
11-14-2006, 06:02 PM

A good QB can only be as good as the line in front of him lets him be.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Your missing my point, and your judgements on my stance are erroneous. I am not advocating that JP is a good quarterback. What I am trying to say is, those who are saying he is a bust or he is our future QB here, are both WRONG and jumping to conclusions. There are two sides to a story, and somewhere in the middle lies the truth. And to be honest, whether JP can be a good QB is undetermined.

For all to see, my stance on JP is not to harsh or too loving. I would simply like to upgrade the supporting cast around him, to see if he could succeed then. Only then can we determine if he is our guy.

You are jumping to conclusions.

I am saying that I have taken everything into consideration and reached the conclusion that he is a bust.

ublinkwescore
11-14-2006, 06:05 PM

Wow, you are truely, TRUELY full of $#!t if you think that there's a snowball's chance in hell that KH could take us anywhere.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Again this is simple...

You don't know how to distinguish between a good QB on a bad team and a Junk QB on a bad team.

I do.

You inability to fathom those skills of observation doesn't change to fact that I can most certainly make the distinction.

You can't even structure a sentence correctly, and your telling me you have superhero type powers? It's really sad, you feel like you are so superior to everyone else. When in fact, the whole board laughs at your posts.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 06:12 PM
You can't even structure a sentence correctly, and your telling me you have superhero type powers? It's really sad, you feel like you are so superior to everyone else. When in fact, the whole board laughs at your posts.

A typo changes nothing.

Once you reach the point where you say that you have no way of knowing, then you are beyond the point of saying that I don't.

I am 100 % certain.
As for you, by your own words you , you have no way of knowing.

Coming from the one of us that does know:
We have a sh** QB playing behind a bad line.

And to quote Robert Blake....... "that's the name of that tune"

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 06:21 PM
A typo changes nothing.

Once you reach the point where you say that you have no way of knowing, then you are beyond the point of saying that I don't.

I am 100 % certain.

And to quote Robert Blake....... "that's the name of that tune"

A typo changes nothing.

Most of the time you spell words correctly, they are just in the wrong order, and it's difficult to understand what you are trying to say. I would also like to respectfully ask you, to please read other peoples comments more thoroughly. You often misinterpret the point people are trying to make.

I am 100 % certain.

I'm not the only one who doesn't know.. Nobody knows. You dont know, I dont know, whoever is reading this thread doesnt know either. Can I be any more specific?

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 06:25 PM

Now that I have cleared that up .

Let me slap you around a little bit in regards to structuring sentences.

The word your is completely out of place in that sentence of your's.

My mistake is clearly a typo , your's is a complete lack of understanding of the definition of a word that a 5th grader should know.

What you meant to say is you are, the contraction for you are is you're.

Here is an example of the correct use of the word your:
Are you going to sell your house ?

Here is an example of the correct use of the contraction you're:
You're in no position to exaggerate what is clearly a typo when you are unable to make the distinction between your and you're .

SABURZFAN
11-14-2006, 06:28 PM

:bf1:

PECKERWOOD
Now that I have cleared that up .

Let me slap you around a little bit in regards to structuring sentences.

The word your is completely out of place in that sentence of your's.

My mistake is clearly a typo , your's is a complete lack understanding the definition of a word that a 5th grader should know.

What you meant to say is you are, the contraction for you are is you're.

Here is an example of the correct use of the word your:
Are you going to sell your house ?

Here is an example of the correct use of the contraction you're:
You're in no position to exaggerate what is clearly a typo when you are unable to make the distinction between your and you're .

Well you dont use commas. :idunno: I wasnt blasting you for puncuation or grammar, just STRUCTURE. You mix words up, so they often dont make sense. I dont expect everybody to have perfect grammar like an English professor, but I expect you to place your words correctly. So people can atleast understand what you are trying to say.

Typ0
Wow, you are truely, TRUELY full of $#!t if you think that there's a snowball's chance in hell that KH could take us anywhere.

That's not very nice...let's try thinking about this a little differently. If KH was QB can you honestly say we wouldn't be getting more production from the QB position? Considering JP's turnovers and propensity to take a sack in horrible situations (in the end zone, countless times in field goal range) I'd say a little better ball management in those situations alone we might have another win on the board. Perhaps a few more first downs. I think we'd be in much better shape with ANY veteran QB at the helm than JP I don't care how average and unflashy he is to make the fans happy.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey, GFLuNEEDit. You should put http://www.filmica.com/casiopea/archivos/sloth.jpg as your avatar. I seriously think of Sloth from The Goonies when I read your posts.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Well you dont use commas. :idunno: I wasnt blasting you for puncuation or grammar, just STRUCTURE. You mix words up, so they often dont make sense. I dont expect everybody to have perfect grammar like an English professor, but I expect you to place your words in the right place. So people can atleast understand what you are trying to say.

Hmmm this is coming from someone that uses words that have completely out of place definitions.

Maybe just maybe, it's a comprehension issue on your end.

If you don't as much as know the difference between your and you're, the the most likely conclusion is that it is on your end.

A simple deficiency in comprehension.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey, GFLuNEEDit. You should put http://www.filmica.com/casiopea/archivos/sloth.jpg as your avatar. I seriously think of Sloth from The Goonies when I read your posts.

Well, on that ,you are right.

That is the type of image I am getting reads these posts of your's.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Hmmm this is coming from someone that uses words that have completely out of place definitions.

If you don't as much as know the difference between your and you're, the the most likely conclusion is that it is on your end.

A simple deficiency in comprehension.

Keep thinking that way man. I tried to help you out, but you shoved it in my face. I feel bad for people that are nice and stupid, but I really dont have any pity for stupid *******s. Atleast nice ******s have something going for them. Let me just make that a general statement so mods dont ban my ass. (so this comment isn't directed at anyone specific............. )

You can know every word in the dictionary, but if you can't use it in a sentence correctly, it's useless information. In the end, I think thats one of your problems. I'm not a fan of grammar police, but when it gets to the point where I cannot understand what the hell you are trying to say? Your sentences need revision.

Maybe it is? I try to be as modest as possible. However, I dont constantly get pestered by people for misinterpreting their thoughts, like you do. So I will kindly ask you, once again, to please step back and reconsider what you are saying.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Keep thinking that way man. I tried to help you out, but you shoved it in my face. I feel bad for people that are nice and stupid, but I really dont have any pity for stupid *******s. Atleast nice ******s have something going for them. Let me just make that a general statement so mods dont ban my ass. (so this comment isn't directed at anyone specific............. )

You can know every word in the dictionary, but if you can't use it in a sentence correctly, it's useless information. In the end, I think thats one of your problems. I'm not a fan of grammar police, but when it gets to the point where I cannot understand what the hell you are trying to say? Your sentences need revision.

Maybe it is? I try to be as modest as possible. However, I dont constantly get pestered by people for misinterpreting their thoughts, like you do. So I will kindly ask you, once again, to please step back and reconsider what you are saying.

I dont constantly get pestered by people for misinterpreting their thoughts, like you do

Again,I understand your individual issue . If you can't write you will struggle to read. And you certainly will struggle to read sentences structured more intricately then the basic level you write on.

I see you, on a regular basis, struggling to understand posts. Most of the time the issue in on your end. Instead of complaining to all these people , maybe you should reread or have someone read to you.

Thurmal
11-14-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm not a "Losman hater" or anything; I am just frustrated by his lack of progression.

Seriously on the drive before the missed kick, I was actually happy/relieved after the sack on 3rd down. One, because Losman didn't fumble; and two, because our offense managed to stay in field-goal range without turning the ball over.

Shouldn't a QB with that much natural ability inspire a little more confidence in fans and coaches?

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Do we need to have the mods move this thread to smack or even spam?

Mr. Pink
11-14-2006, 06:55 PM
And this started so promisingly!

TacklingDummy
11-14-2006, 07:03 PM
VOTE MARIO

SABURZFAN
11-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Do we need to have the mods move this thread to smack or even spam?

:yawn:

:z:

SABURZFAN
11-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm not a "Losman hater" or anything; I am just frustrated by his lack of progression.

Seriously on the drive before the missed kick, I was actually happy/relieved after the sack on 3rd down. One, because Losman didn't fumble; and two, because our offense managed to stay in field-goal range without turning the ball over.

Shouldn't a QB with that much natural ability inspire a little more confidence in fans and coaches?

you made some good points as well.it's too bad that you got groaned by what they blindly think you are losman-bashing.if anybody says a bad word about losman,they're all over you like a pack of jackyls.it's truly pathetic.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 07:09 PM
you made some good points as well.it's too bad that you got groaned by what they blindly think you are losman-bashing.if anybody says a bad word about losman,they're all over you like a pack of jackyls.it's truly pathetic.http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/11-1148260547.gif

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM

You are talking about when Mathis sacked Losman for the 2nd time?.. That was a blown block by Pennington if I recall correctly. How many of these sacks can we actually attribute to Losman? I can understand senseless interceptions, but when your line is makeshift at best, I try to show a little bit more leniancy towards the guy.

It seems like the coaches haven't quit on Losman yet. I haven't either. Many people still have hope in him. Ofcourse, there will always be more than a fair share of critics out there. But to be honest, most criticism is pointed at the wrong person, and too much credit and glory goes to a single man.

GFLuNEEDit
11-14-2006, 07:15 PM
correction: you're
correction: superhero typing powers

And we'll all try not to laugh at you again.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 07:17 PM

And we'll all try not to laugh again.

I let you insult me and get the last word. I'm trying to be the bigger man here, let it die.

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 07:24 PM

And we'll all try not to laugh at you again.

Sorry, I couldnt resist. This is it and I'm done arguing with you.

Re-read that. I was correct when I said: "superhero type powers." Would it really make sense if I were to say: "and your telling me you have superhero typing powers?"?

There goes the comprehension you were talking about. I know I dont have perfect grammar, but you sir can't read. Now go ahead and insult me. I will let this die.

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 07:25 PM
If someone doesn't let it die, the thread could wind up getting moved or locked.....

G. Host
11-14-2006, 07:36 PM

NOBODY KNOWS THAT UNTIL WE UPGRADE OUR QB!

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 07:37 PM
:laughter:

Thing is...if they're actually trying to develop JP, then upgrading the QB position is already in the works

PECKERWOOD
11-14-2006, 07:40 PM

:D

Well, who do you have in mind that is an upgrade over Losman? I'm all ears! Hopefully not Holcomb or Nall, the two QB's that Losman already beat fair and square!

Thurmal
11-14-2006, 07:53 PM
you made some good points as well.it's too bad that you got groaned by what they blindly think you are losman-bashing.if anybody says a bad word about losman,they're all over you like a pack of jackyls.it's truly pathetic.
I know exactly what you mean. I think that someone can criticize a QB's play and support them at the same time. I also think that, despite a makeshift offensive line, the QB should shoulder some of the responsibility for the Bills anemic offense. In JP's 17 starts, the offense has averaged 12 points a game.

SABURZFAN
11-14-2006, 07:53 PM
If someone doesn't let it die, the thread could wind up getting moved or locked.....

^
:wail:

The_Philster
11-14-2006, 07:54 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I think that someone can criticize a QB's play and support them at the same time. I also think that, despite a makeshift offensive line, the QB should shoulder some of the responsibility for the Bills anemic offense. In JP's 17 starts, the offense has averaged 12 points a game.
Nothing wrong with criticism...so long as there's thought behind it and it's not baseless criticism :up:

Nighthawk
11-14-2006, 07:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I think that someone can criticize a QB's play and support them at the same time. I also think that, despite a makeshift offensive line, the QB should shoulder some of the responsibility for the Bills anemic offense. In JP's 12 starts, the offense has averaged 12 points a game.

I agree, you can criticize and be fan at the same time. All fans want is what is best for the team and I think everybody has the right to their own opinion and shouldn't be attacked for it.

SABURZFAN
11-14-2006, 07:59 PM

yeah...that's cool but i'm tired of losman.i'm tired of the excuses and everything.look at dallas,they said the OL was bad when bledsoe was in there.they went to another QB and did the OL all of a sudden get better?a poster here pointed that out.i think we could use the same thing.

Nighthawk
11-14-2006, 08:04 PM
yeah...that's cool but i'm tired of losman.i'm tired of the excuses and everything.look at dallas,they said the OL was bad when bledsoe was in there.they went to another QB and did the OL all of a sudden get better?a poster here pointed that out.i think we could use the same thing.

Great points...all quality facts.

SABURZFAN
11-14-2006, 08:33 PM
I agree, you can criticize and be fan at the same time. All fans want is what is best for the team and I think everybody has the right to their own opinion and shouldn't be attacked for it.

yeah...or grilled with questions that other people already answered either.that gets old real quick.

ublinkwescore
11-14-2006, 09:56 PM
That's not very nice...let's try thinking about this a little differently. If KH was QB can you honestly say we wouldn't be getting more production from the QB position? Considering JP's turnovers and propensity to take a sack in horrible situations (in the end zone, countless times in field goal range) I'd say a little better ball management in those situations alone we might have another win on the board. Perhaps a few more first downs. I think we'd be in much better shape with ANY veteran QB at the helm than JP I don't care how average and unflashy he is to make the fans happy.

JP hasn't turned the ball over the last two games.

the only really bad game he's had was against Chicago and a couple of iffy ones against the Jets and the second Pats game - yet the OL still sucks just as bad as ever. The sacks that JP has taken Holcombe would have most likely taken as well - especially since his favorite reciever is wearing a different kind of red white and blue.

Maybe Holcombe or Nall could win a couple (at the most) games that JP won't win, but in the end, what and where does that get us? - nothing and nowhere - IFwe win two more games and go 8-8 at best with one of the current benchwarmers, all it would have served to do is lower our draft position, while we still miss the playoffs.

Someone started a thread mentioning Jauron and Levy's plan - well you know what I could see it being - shore up the D this year for the most part (we still need a big DT who is a force against the run) - keep mismanaging JP so he develops the pocket passer rapport this year (essentially beating it into his head - look to pass before you run - as a QB it's your job to get the ball to the hands of someone in position to make a play) and then we truely turn him loose next year with more bootlegs, designed runs and QB sneaks etc... when we've got a much better Oline both physically and intellectually - maybe (hopefully) we grab him a real WR to go along with Evans.

You're right, it wasn't very nice what I said, but what you said just makes absolutely no sense to me - this season was tagged as a growing/developing season, we looked like we could be competitive early in the season, and apparently a lot of us forgot all about the proper approach to this season.

ublinkwescore
11-14-2006, 09:58 PM

I think a lot of that has to fall on the coaching staff.